Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9196270 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6304) (6305) (6306) (6307) (6308) (6309) (6310) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
Trex4:
Is that the method you use in hiding your own...
You fit even create folder for the private folder sef. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Horiolah:

See as drake be like that boy for Stranger Things cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Any working theme on miui 11 now that can work both in setting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DCmonster: 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 for sale #51,000. Just 1 month old. Purchase Receipt Charger,pack,and accessories intact. Contact me if interested.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
jaywalker04:

Beautiful. I just got the Redmi 8a. My first Xiaomi device and I must say, it's the best choice I could've made at this price point. Everyday's a new surprise with this thing. Fingerprint was a very small insignificant price to pay. Miui sexy dieeee.

This update thing. How do I know when/if it's safe to download?

Update at your discretion. No need to rush and there is no reason to be afraid on the other hand too.

If you update and you notice bug(s), do a factory reset or re-download the full rom and flash.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
bwehdoneit:
I feel like giving some people here hard knocks.
When you complain of phone getting warm while playing online game, what do you expect?
Now imagine you u have a car going at 140km/h, do u expect the engine temperature to remain at 0 degrees?
I don't just understand some peeps.
And someone saying his infinix/Tecno doesn't heats up at all while performing the same task with xiaomi is just hard to believe and laughable.
The good question u should ask yourself is if the phone lags while playing online game? If it doesn't, then you got a Bugatti engine there, no matter the heat, performance is still top notch.
I had to write this epistle cos of the comments I read here.
Get a flagship if you really want to play intensive games. I believe someone who wants to enter a car racing gig, would not go there with a Toyota starlet having a 1.0 liter engine.
Been on this thread since 2016 as a guest before I finally registered on NL, read from page 1 to the present page, never missed a page. I learn a lot from the comments here without even asking for opinions. My first device been a note 5 from Macbeyland, then note 7 from ProteinO. Recently, got the mi 9t from pointek Abuja. I never regretted my choice. Those I sold the the note 5 and 7 to are still thanking me. I have a lot of disciples using Note 7 and more are still wowed by its performance.
Before you get a Xiaomi phone, do your research and if you made a wrong choice, resell value is not a problem.
Now before someone comes for me, I been on the tecno/infinix, Samsung, Gionee and many other brands wagon but I got value for my cash with xiaomi.
My one kobo.

True talk

But another hard truth is that alot of Xiaomites go to other threads and speculate. Wait even worse destroy the brand names and devices. Especially the Infinix thread, in fact I cry each time I visit that once upon a time active thread. Infinix users cant say they are using Infinix for the fear of imposed inferiority. Which is not ought to be there So when you see a transsion device lover asking for freedom of speech on this thread. Hes actually asking that the greater amount of Xiaomites trolling their threads to should stop. And in reality most of us came from using a transsion device to the perceived better device. Nonetheless some decided to stay with the brand because they think is the best. It's their choice and they are entitled to it absolutely. Because they can afford the "perceived better device" but they chose not to.

I put perceived better device in quote because except it's a world over renowned brand like apple ,Samsung Huawei. Its is still going through its development/ growth phase . And like Samsung did it will have its major and minor glitches until it reaches a level were it is accepted like iPhone without having to look at its processor or compare it with lesser phones

My opinions are not defamatory in any way

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:
everything is awesome about that phone. Go for the 4/64gb... That's what am using. U gonna love it
always let them know that if you are staunch gamer then redmi 8 ain't for you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
Tiger2020:
always let them know that if you are staunch gamer then redmi 8 ain't for you
u are funny tho..... Someone asking abt redmi 8 means that's their budget.. Am not a marketer or seller like some of u guys,I dont need to market the phone..

There's Google for everyone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
KngGezy:

True talk

But another hard truth is that alot of Xiaomites go to other threads and speculate. Wait even worse destroy the brand names and devices. Especially the Infinix thread, in fact I cry each time I visit that once upon a time active thread. Infinix users cant say they are using Infinix for the fear of imposed inferiority. Which is not ought to be there So when you see a transsion device lover asking for freedom of speech on this thread. Hes actually asking that the greater amount of Xiaomites trolling their threads to should stop. And in reality most of us came from using a transsion device to the perceived better device. Nonetheless some decided to stay with the brand because they think is the best. It's their choice and they are entitled to it absolutely. Because they can afford the "perceived better device" but they chose not to.

I put perceived better device in quote because except it's a world over renowned brand like apple ,Samsung Huawei. Its is still going through its development/ growth phase . And like Samsung did it will have its major and minor glitches until it reaches a level were it is accepted like iPhone without having to look at its processor or compare it with lesser phones

all u said is the truth... Xiaomi users blast other brands even when it's unnecessary.. Why will u go to a tecno or Huawei thread and start shouting rubbish....

Personally Xiaomi is not the best brand have used but its OK for its price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Finally here RN5

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
DCmonster:

d.

No ads here. Create a thread and market it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:

Another update should fix it. .. Or restart your phone.

Nothing of such
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:
u are funny tho..... Someone asking abt redmi 8 means that's their budget.. Am not a marketer or seller like some of u guys,I dont need to market the phone..

that's to avoid all this it gets hot while i was playing game and surfing undecided,its not about marketing but its about honest review which includes all ,some ask or buy it not because they don't have money for bigger ones but because they saw it as cheap not knowing it shortcomings simply because they are newbie
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
kallmemrB:

How many of the commenters on this thread sell phones? Use yourself as an example. Don't just sit-down and cook up unjustifiable theories

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
Tiger2020:
that's to avoid all this it gets hot while i was playing game and surfing undecided
bro You can fill that void by telling people.. Xiaomi ain't paying me so not interested.. If you ask a honest review of what I know.. I give u based on what I know... Some of u here are professionals on phones you don't use... Gaming on a 4gb 64gb SD 439 is pretty much OK.. Based on first hand review by someone here that said it only lagged once due to network and also that he has played Pugb several without issues.. So to me thats Good... That's a Owner review not paper users like the professionals here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
GrandMufti:

How many of the commenters on this thread sell phones? Use yourself as an example. Don't just sit-down and cook up unjustifiable theories
sir there's a police station in every local Govt in Nigeria, am sure there's one close to you.. Go and tender a statement Sir... Matter rising should be Unjustifiable Theories
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
genius43:
RN5
Oga mi, u need to change/upgrade your phone sir. ma kon take this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejiphill09(m): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
They Don remember us finally. Redmi Note 5

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ejiphill09:
Today is For RN5....
RN7 : who has gotten miui 11.0.4.0?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dermmy(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
KngGezy:

True talk

Honestly i love your post. Xiaomites love to spoil brands They have spoiled that Infinix thread.

I have seen so many complaints about Xiaomi here but if the same problem was posted on Infinix thread instead of them to try and give solution or let others who knows about it wade in they would start derailing the topic shouting infinix is crap this and that, in the end the poster won't get solution to his problem. Funny enough if an Infinix phone falls into water and the user came there to ask for solution these guys would start criticizing Infinix as if other phone brands are water proof.

I have helped guys solve their problems here and i have tried my best on Infinix thread too. One thing i know is these manufacturers are trying be it Xiaomi, infinix or Oppo. It all boils down to what you want. Infinix does not make use of snapdragon like other manufacturers if you are a heavy gamer then go for Xiaomi, samsung and the rest.

You don't have to blame Infinix for releasing Helio P22 when other manufacturers are using latest snapdragon version. It's like criticizing HP for producing a computer with Intel Celeron processor when there is Intel core i3, i5, i7. Celeron is only good for office work, desktop publishing while core i3, i5 and i7 are for gamers, programmers. And everybody cannot be a gamer or a programmer so it all boils down to what you intend to use the device for. I love your post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
suco01:

Oga mi, u need to change/upgrade your phone sir. ma kon take this

You wey dey use RN7. Chai world people.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
11.11 item already in Nigeria. Fastest ever for me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
dermmy:

Honestly i love your post. Xiaomites love to spoil brands They have spoiled that Infinix thread.

I have seen so many complaints about Xiaomi here but if the same problem was posted on Infinix thread instead of them to try and give solution or let others who knows about it wade in they would start derailing the topic shouting infinix is crap this and that, in the end the poster won't get solution to his problem. Funny enough if an Infinix phone falls into water and the user came there to ask for solution these guys would start criticizing Infinix as if other phone brands are water proof.

I have helped guys solve their problems here and i have tried my best on Infinix thread too. One thing i know is these manufacturers are trying be it Xiaomi, infinix or Oppo. It all boils down to what you want. Infinix does not make use of snapdragon like other manufacturers if you are a heavy gamer then go for Xiaomi, samsung and the rest.

You don't have to blame Infinix for releasing Helio P22 when other manufacturers are using latest snapdragon version. It's like criticizing HP for producing a computer with Intel Celeron processor when there is Intel core i3, i5, i7. Celeron is only good for office work, desktop publishing while core i3, i5 and i7 are for gamers, programmers. And everybody cannot be a gamer or a programmer so it all boils down to what you intend to use the device for. I love your post.

Yes that's why each time trolls are being called out . I laugh but in my usual manner. I prefer to be peace loving and not escalate the issue. But if not I can quote up alot of deeds grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by haywhy59(m): 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
I have joined xiaomi family, I just got my redmi note 8 today....

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
haywhy59:
I have joined xiaomi family, I just got my redmi note 8 today....

Congratulations and welcome to the family.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
ubev01:
11.11 item already in Nigeria. Fastest ever for me
Please show a screenshot, Blur your track number, I want to check something
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bwehdoneit(m): 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
KngGezy:

True talk

Now, that's how to respond to comments. I like that!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
scotweezy:

See as drake be like that boy for Stranger Things cheesy

Lol.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by darmostic(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
As I'm planning to join any moment from now too���
Redmi Note 8 on my mind
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
zaiinneeii:

Oga sir, please drop your telegram id o �, me sef wan be like you �
o8o37o78173
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshph: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Yes, I just got mine now..
Ejiphill09:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
Luisema4luv:

Drop ur username on telegram
o8o37o78173 @maclawrence

(1) (2) (3) ... (6304) (6305) (6306) (6307) (6308) (6309) (6310) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m), shedy03(m), funkyjms and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.