Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9194924 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6652) (6653) (6654) (6655) (6656) (6657) (6658) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
olayinkajnr:

It might not even be that it's a faulty one. His own case is a case of a bootloop. Care center should have been his last option.

I'm sure that, even if the screen (that they said it's faulty) is change, it'll remain same.

Exactly.

Don't be surprised if the so-called "engineer" just connects the phone to a PC and carry out a formatting exercise then claim he changed the screen.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uptimum123(m): 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
Got my Redmi note 8 from BlackArab this afternoon, it was a smooth deal.

Finally joined the xiaomi crew

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
cardiorap:
Happy new year people!

My Xiaomi experience hasn't really been friendly. I joined the MI family in high spirits and hopes, following testimonies from users but I'm already feeling bad.

I bought the MI A3 4GB/64GB variant on 2nd December, 2019. 18 days later (20th December, 2019), I woke up to see my device not displaying any longer. No crack, no scratch, no fall; nothing. My 5am alarm that wakes me up only vibrated, I tried restarting the phone, it started booting with "Android One" displaying and next was a blank screen. It never displayed again.

I took it to their care center same day. I have just been called from the Lagos Office of the Care Center this morning, that I'd need a change of screen. That I should pay 22K for that.

I feel very bad that:
1. I didn't mishandle the device. In fact, I pampered it like it was a newborn baby. Yet, it still developed such fault.

2. The warranty terms doesn't cover such, especially that it's not coming from my end.

3. That after keeping my device for 2 weeks and 3 days, I've just been called to be informed of the development. When I was expecting to get my device any moment from now.

Sincerely, I feel so bitter right now. I never anticipated or expected this kind of experience.

When you go to collect your phone, demand they give you the "spoilt" screen they changed. The people that attended to you have played a fast one on you since it wasn't an hardware problem you had.

Sorry for your experience but next time prompt folks here first if you got issues. Two heads they say are better than one.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dermmy(m): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
Good evening everyone. I bought 64GB OTG flash drive From aliexpress it's 12 days after i received the drive and it's not working anymore and this is the third time i have used it. Should i open a dispute?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horiolah(m): 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
JamOSneh:
see this or it doesn't mean

Theme name?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

It might not even be bootloop since he said a call entered

So many things can make a screen go blank despite being on. For example I recently activated a faulty Substratum theme and upon a system restart my phone blanked out.

As person wey sabi I just entered recovery and wiped Cache and Dalvik grin and everything was back to normal.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
genius43:

But if it is screen change for Mi A3, 22k is damn cheap.

The screen on Aliexpress is around 40k

More reason to suspect their diagnosis
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

Thanks bose
shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
dermmy:
Good evening everyone. I bought 64GB OTG flash drive From aliexpress it's 12 days after i received the drive and it's not working anymore and this is the third time i have used it. Should i open a dispute?

No
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
awoo47:
if I swipe up it brings mi browser. I want normal menu screen
Nd hw do I set screen off time?
Na miui 10

We use different ROM but you can try this. Settings - Home Screen - Home Screen - With App Drawer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
JamOSneh:
hope wen I update the phone the VPN and location changer will b working,

And if you update and it doesn't work, what will do?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
2kurupt:

So many things can make a screen go blank despite being on. For example I recently activated a faulty Substratum theme and upon a system restart my phone blanked out.

As person wey sabi I just entered recovery and wiped Cache and Dalvik grin and everything was back to normal.

Na so.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dermmy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

No

You mean my dispute won't be considered?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
Luisema4luv:

This is what u need
NGN 1,083.35 | New Back Main Camera Glass Lens Cover for Xiaomi Redmi Note8 Note 8 Pro
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4cYFQK6U
God Bless You! cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
awoo47:
even Instagram no gree download. Hope my phone isn't fake lyk dis undecided
Ya phone na fake throw am away!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
dermmy:

You mean my dispute won't be considered?
It will be considered but that doesn't mean you'll win it. Give them a video evidence showing clearly the drive when connected and the error message or otherwise. Have you chatted up the seller?

Have you tried with another PC? Both ends ain't working?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
maclawrence02:

Ya phone na fake throw am away!
i lyk android one. i for buy mi a3 but dat 720p na turn off
I no understand anything abt dis miui
Na to flash android one be solution nw cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Suarez190(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
DlawTECHY:

Welcome to the MI a3 family... We love you
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Suarez190(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
awoo47:
u can't see diff btw 720p nd 1080p
do u mean dat literally?
Yeah I do.. Coming From Redmi Note 6 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Suarez190(m): 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Tiger2020:
at the bolded..
If you have used both resolutions for an Amoled screen,then you will know the difference,i used to say that until i had the experience,though its not much
Unless So.. Couz am Coming from IPS FHD (Redmi Note 6 pro) SoThe FHD + Amoled Should be better I Guess
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
awoo47:
i lyk android one. i for buy mi a3 but dat 720p na turn off
I no understand anything abt dis miui
Na to flash android one be solution nw cool
No go spoil the phone ooo, it is not infinix or tecno, watch you tube to learn hw to use miui 10 and 11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
Gptech:

Hehehehe, Nigerians na special specie, followers and leaders very similar, na to point fingers we sabi because we never begin benefit, smh. This type of lady na almost replica of most ladies found in many work places, I don see one dey tell customer say Xiaomi na just 2 years old, ordinary to search internet to know more about wetin u dey market na problem undecided.

The truth of the matter is most Nigerians are just intellectually lazy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
Abeg, I need this kind charger, cry

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Suarez190:
I'm currently using the Mi a3 that i Got from BlackArab
And i must it was a smooth and Easy Transaction.. Then back to the Phone.. Seriously i can't see the difference in this 720p and 1080p display talk.. And i must confess the phone is smooth and Fast and it has Good Camera � + Gcam =Superb +Crispy Super Amoled Panel.. I'll be using Android One program for now till i get ready to Flash Custom Rom.. It's a Great Buy tho.. That HD+ and FHD resolution something gave me a tough time... I wish it had Always On Display Feature... But Flashing of Rom will solve that soon.
Our Sellers are Legit 100%
Peace

Pls Whats the Best custom rom? Am thinking of Havoc OS or Pixel Experience

Join the mi A3 telegram group, it's development is really gathering steam

Mi A3 | Updates
All about Xiaomi Mi A3.
ROMs, Kernels, Guides, Mods, NEWS, everything.

Stay up-to-date with us!

Official Group: @A3Official
https:///mi_a3updates

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dermmy(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
jboixxx:
It will be considered but that doesn't mean you'll win it. Give them a video evidence showing clearly the drive when connected and the error message or otherwise. Have you chatted up the seller?

Yes i have tried with another PC i even thought it was my USB ports that have problem i decided to test with my external hard drive and it was detected by my PC but this Wansenda flash drive was not detected. When i tried it on phone i received a prompt to enable my OTG function which i did but the phone did not detect the drive.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

After one week
bro I need help o,here goes my Lamentation.
So the phone(redmi k20),the first day I opened the sealed box after putting sim card the whole screen just turned white and nothing worked until I rebooted the phone,after which sim cards weren't showing anymore. After removing and putting back the sim card for up to 15times b4 it worked. I've been using the phone since no complaint since that day,I just thought it was software issue so all my mind was that I was going to flash new rom or custom rom as soon as I'm able to unlock bootloader. Now fast forward to today,I was bathing and playing music with my phone and little water splashed on the phone(which for other xiaomi phones I've been using is a normal thing),after cleaning it,few minutes later I noticed different deep colors on the phone display,apps had deeper and different colours,can't explain it well.i change colour scheme from cool which I normally use to standard and d colours went back to normal. I didn't use my phone much today because I was busy throughout,so at around 4pm when I had chance to press my phone I noticed one row on the upper part of the screen is not responding to touch at all and that has been the case till now,I've just been confused,as if that was not enough someone hit my hand and the phone fell down on a rug and it turned white again,and started rebooting itself over and over again for close to 1hr or even more than till it finally stopped. Now I'm using the phone with the first touch screen problem and I don't know what to do. I've confirmed the order already on AliExpress. Please I need advice,can I still return it,if yes how do I even go about that and given its DHL that I shipped it with
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nltaliban(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Please I need link for Redmi note 7 gcam

And redmi 8 abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
awoo47:
undecided i don finally collect my mi 9 today. So if u wan buy infinix note 5 with cracked screen. smiley
doesn't mean i hate infinix jus wanna change cos i don dey use dem since 2015 cool
No be 2018 infinix note 5 come out?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dermmy(m): 8:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
jboixxx:

Yes i have tried with another PC i even thought it was my USB ports that have problem i decided to test with my external hard drive and it was detected by my PC but this Wansenda flash drive was not detected. When i tried it on phone i received a prompt to enable my OTG function which i did but the phone did not detect the drive. I have contacted the seller expecting his reply.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
OHIsIManuEL:

No be 2018 infinix note 5 come out?
I used hot note b4 note 5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
awoo47:
I used hot note b4 note 5
Ohh, alright

(1) (2) (3) ... (6652) (6653) (6654) (6655) (6656) (6657) (6658) ... (9317) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.