Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9179873 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6900) (6901) (6902) (6903) (6904) (6905) (6906) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 4:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
Sultan5:

1st off I didn't quote you, so my advice wasn't for you in any way. The person I quoted said he's a tech person and deals with huge files. Hence my advice about the laptop and otg. If your preference is to watch videos and listen to music I see no reason why a 256gb phn shouldn't be enough to satisfy you.

And getting a laptop with a massive HDD size is in no way a bad advise. You can store your old videos there, allowing more space on ur phn for newer ones.

The slim lightweight laptop was an advice to him. Since he is mostly on the go and this will be easier for him to carry along not putting too much strain on his back. In my opinion laptop are better than phones in handling tech stuff. And he can get external hard disk if he needs more space.

You can clearly see I wasn't talking to you.
Yawns... we're talking about phones with expandable storage for portability, you're talking laptop and hard drives. He has his reasons, and so do I.
I be tech guy too.
I have two 48TB NAS drives at the office plus dozens of other portable hdds and ssds.
My laptop has a total of 4TB SSD.
Got a couple of thumb drives, even from my oga here Jboixxx and baba when i tell you I need that large internal storage on a phone, I have my reasons, music and videos aside.
Na personal preference

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
Can gcam be used on redmi 8a?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Yawns... we're talking about phones with expandable storage for portability, you're talking laptop and hard drives. He has his reasons, and so do I.
I be tech guy too.
I have two 48TB NAS drives at the office plus dozens of other portable hdds and ssds.
Got a couple of thumb drives, even from my oga here Jboixxx and baba when i tell you I need that large internal storage on a phone, I have my reasons, music and videos aside.
Na personal preference

That your MSI?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sultan5(m): 5:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

I be tech guy too.
Na personal preference

Maybe I didn't make myself clear in my previous post. I don't care about your personal preference or if ur laptop has 200TB. I didn't talk to you. Allow the person I spoke to talk abeg, all this your shouting upandan is useless. Only you mentioned music and video initially now that you realised you f*cked up your now adding reasons to it grin grin grin. Well whatever your reasons are keep them to yourself or tell them to someone else who cares. Cause you will no longer find any f*cks here l, am all out!

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WhyNa: 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
genius43:

Do you mean a movie?
No. Like pictures when you're in a car or pictures of moving vehicles
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jikins(m): 5:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

I be tech guy too.
Na personal preference

Thats why he asked the other guy what his reasons were? He didn't ask you. Why the epistle?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
TodayNaToday! Make you na do jẹjẹ o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
GrandMufti:

Slow as in?
Slow as in lagging. A prolonged response time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
abdsamad:

Slow as in lagging. A prolonged response time

Reboot or update WhatsApp or revert to default theme
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
abdsamad:
Help!

Has anyone else been experiencing a slowing of their WhatsApp. The rest of the phone is fine but WhatsApp is terribly slow

Also, who liked dis post and why

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
GrandMufti:

I formatted the phone thinking that would do it but no.

It's updated too. I'm even thinking of downgrading the app. Maybe their recent update isn't agreeing with my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
eby001:

If it's earpiece you want, I'll recommend uiisii hm7 as a start, or you can try zsn pro(hybridtech)
That Kz Zsn pro na beast o.. shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sultan5(m): 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
GrandMufti:

You are wasting your time with trolls. You suppose don Sabi the format

Truer words have never been typed!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamiuO: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dear all,

Please who has new Xiaomi MI 9 lite 6gb 128gb for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
GrandMufti:

I reinstalled again but didn't restore old Messages and it's stable now. I guess i had too much on there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Acermoon(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
how can I update to miui 11... need guideline
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
genius43:

That your MSI?
Wow u still remember that? Nah, another one but same brand. Gave that one to my brother
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
GrandMufti:

You are wasting your time with trolls. You suppose don Sabi the format
So I be troll. No shít
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
Acermoon:
how can I update to miui 11... need guideline
Just go to Settings > About Phone > System Update > Check for update.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
abdsamad:

I reinstalled again but didn't restore old Messages and it's stable now. I guess i had too much on there

Alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SolarKing1: 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
cry My brother, please talk no more, I can see Cultism going on here already. These Xiaomi fanatics don turn am to something else here. grin Anytime anyone comes to make them see reasons and aspects where Xiaomi needs to improve, they gang up and swoop over you wedging ferocious assassination verbal weapons that are more dangerous than guns and cutlasses. Look through the thread, and you will discover many that you don't ever see on Naiaraland anymore after they were finished here. I trust you, survived and stronger though. Let's leave them, biko
PotatoSalad:

I be tech guy too.
Na personal preference

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
verbal weapons! all because of phones. mhen! we need to reset to make Nigeria a good country.

life is not as difficult as we portray, all we need do is to be honest and avoid dis I Sabi attitude. verbal weapon ke!?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Wow u still remember that? Nah, another one but same brand. Gave that one to my brother

I have quite a good memory.

Which model now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Anh anh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
SolarKing1:
cry My brother, please talk no more, I can see Cultism going on here already. These Xiaomi fanatics don turn am to something else here. grin Anytime anyone comes to make them see reasons and aspects where Xiaomi needs to improve, they gang up and swoop over you wedging ferocious assassination verbal weapons that are more dangerous than guns and cutlasses. Look through the thread, and you will discover many that you don't ever see on Naiaraland anymore after they were finished here. I trust you, survived and stronger though. Let's leave them, biko
It's saddening. Instead of engaging in a smooth conversation, they choose to attack you.
They get butthurt whenever you say something about their brand. The other one called me troll grin Smh

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
genius43:

I have quite a good memory.

Which model now?
GT63 Titan, maxed out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SolarKing1: 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
grin Mckandre, you are supposed to receive award of the "Luckiest" person with SD Cards. Worldwide, I've never heard of any other person that original SD Cards have so much vowed not be useful for, or to always disappoint. You tried so too hard to defend Xiaomi that your claims have become too conspicously truth scared. That's why I was so shocked when you people answered that non of you is a Xiaomi stakeholder or close enough to the Company to tell them where they need to improve.

It's not a "for and against thing". I quoted 2 of you because I don't want to respond anymore after this. Bolded: I want to plead with you both and the rest of Xiaomi defenders as my African brothers. Going by what your words that non of ya is a Stakeholder, we are a Consuming People. It really falls my hand because all along, I boasted outside with you peope here. The way you talk, analyze and paistakingly defend Xiaomi made me think you are part or designing team or that you have affiliation, no matter how small with them. Please, let's focus on unitedly demanding accountability and improvement from all these tech Companies, not just Xiaomi. We would be most foolish and enslaved if we continue to be divided and arguing and fighting each other, over those that can give us far better Value if we unitedly demand. So that you people that don't want SD Card slot would enjoy, and we that find it indiapensable would be happy too. Even as a consuming Nation, we shall thrive if we learn to unite and demand with One Voice. God bless us all.

Mckandre:
my past experience really thought me badly about purchasing road side SD cards. Pls, when m referring to SD cards I don't regard the cheap knockoffs that ravage the tech market, i meant the likes of SanDisk extreme, Toshiba and Samsung pro endurance. I used the Toshiba SD card for less than 7months before it went numb after trying to create swap file using Roehsoft RAM Expander. The SanDisk extreme I used went baserk after I tried changing the file system format to accommodate my Xbox games, it nearly corrupted my system. I lost my Kingston SD card when using it with a card reader, it stopped functioning all of suddent,twas later I found out that the card read was having faulty USB port. My Kodak SD card got toasted when I tried using it to Create windows 10 bootable pen drive. I'm currently using the Samsung pro endurance which is not upto 5months old, well I guess time will tell.
It all boils down to the usage and I doubt the SD card can survive extreme usage and tweaking like the HDD/SSD but what I don't understand is why ure hellbent on getting high capacity SD cards than getting a phone with high capacity storage? At the end won't it serve the same purpose. if u need conveniency, OTG is there.

Sultan5:

Maybe I didn't make myself clear in my previous post. I don't care about your personal preference or if ur laptop has 200TB. I didn't talk to you. Allow the person I spoke to talk abeg, all this your shouting upandan is useless. Only you mentioned music and video initially now that you realised you f*cked up your now adding reasons to it grin grin grin. Well whatever your reasons are keep them to yourself or tell them to someone else who cares. Cause you will no longer find any f*cks here l, am all out!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
How can I install global ROM on my mi8se?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
It's not even Friday

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
PotatoSalad:

GT63 Titan, maxed out

Okay. Nice one

(1) (2) (3) ... (6900) (6901) (6902) (6903) (6904) (6905) (6906) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.