Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,318 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9173529 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6901) (6902) (6903) (6904) (6905) (6906) (6907) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
michaellovaldo:
How can I install global ROM on my mi8se?

Unlock bootloader and flash the fastboot ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Acermoon(m): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
jboixxx:
Just go to Settings > About Phone > System Update > Check for update.

Did I need WiFi for that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
Acermoon:

Not really. Just strong network

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
GrandMufti:

Unlock bootloader and flash the fastboot ROM
Hehehe see as my oga talk ham like sey na alphabet letters I wan learn cheesy
Can u list out the process please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
genius43:

Okay. Nice one
That thing na babe grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
segunmelvin:
get the mi 8 lite 6gbram 128gb storage for just 57k

Please is this global version? Where did you get it from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by invinzible1: 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
I need help ooo my redmi 7 is always restarting itself constantly and the phone is not up to a year.
What might be the cause and how can it be solved

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
invinzible1:
I need help ooo my redmi 7 is always restarting itself constantly and the phone is not up to a year.
What might be the cause and how can it be solved

Unlock bootloader sharply
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
michaellovaldo:

Hehehe see as my oga talk ham like sey na alphabet letters I wan learn cheesy
Can u list out the process please?

Lolz...

Check jboixxx compilation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PotatoSalad(m): 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
SolarKing1:
grin Mckandre, you are supposed to receive award of the "Luckiest" person with SD Cards. Worldwide, I've never heard of any other person that original SD Cards have so much vowed not be useful for, or to always disappoint. You tried so too hard to defend Xiaomi that your claims have become too conspicously truth scared. That's why I was so shocked when you people answered that non of you is a Xiaomi stakeholder or close enough to the Company to tell them where they need to improve.

It's not a "for and against thing". I quoted 2 of you because I don't want to respond anymore after this. Bolded: I want to plead with you both and the rest of Xiaomi defenders as my African brothers. Going by what your words that non of ya is a Stakeholder, we are a Consuming People. It really falls my hand because all along, I boasted outside with you peope here. The way you talk, analyze and paistakingly defend Xiaomi made me think you are part or designing team or that you have affiliation, no matter how small with them. Please, let's focus on unitedly demanding accountability and improvement from all these tech Companies, not just Xiaomi. We would be most foolish and enslaved if we continue to be divided and arguing and fighting each other, over those that can give us far better Value if we unitedly demand. So that you people that don't want SD Card slot would enjoy, and we that find it indiapensable would be happy too. Even as a consuming Nation, we shall thrive if we learn to unite and demand with One Voice. God bless us all.

The major things that cause serious altercations here are

Brands better than Xiaomi (especially price)
Processor
Camera
Headphone Jack
Software updates

And the newest members
Music players and SD cards

Since the Xiaomi fans would rather defend their brand than engage in the conversation, expect savagery.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
GrandMufti:

Lolz...

Check jboixxx compilation
Okay sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:20pm On Feb 26, 2020
Acermoon:

Answered

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 12:00am On Feb 27, 2020
SolarKing1:
cry My brother, please talk no more, I can see Cultism going on here already. These Xiaomi fanatics don turn am to something else here. grin Anytime anyone comes to make them see reasons and aspects where Xiaomi needs to improve, they gang up and swoop over you wedging ferocious assassination verbal weapons that are more dangerous than guns and cutlasses. Look through the thread, and you will discover many that you don't ever see on Naiaraland anymore after they were finished here. I trust you, survived and stronger though. Let's leave them, biko

Improve on SD card slot capacity? Lmao. I no dey use Xiaomi but i find this laughable grin Dead this talk abeg

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 12:04am On Feb 27, 2020
SolarKing1:
grin Mckandre, you are supposed to receive award of the "Luckiest" person with SD Cards. Worldwide, I've never heard of any other person that original SD Cards have so much vowed not be useful for, or to always disappoint. You tried so too hard to defend Xiaomi that your claims have become too conspicously truth scared. That's why I was so shocked when you people answered that non of you is a Xiaomi stakeholder or close enough to the Company to tell them where they need to improve.

It's not a "for and against thing". I quoted 2 of you because I don't want to respond anymore after this. Bolded: I want to plead with you both and the rest of Xiaomi defenders as my African brothers. Going by what your words that non of ya is a Stakeholder, we are a Consuming People. It really falls my hand because all along, I boasted outside with you peope here. The way you talk, analyze and paistakingly defend Xiaomi made me think you are part or designing team or that you have affiliation, no matter how small with them. Please, let's focus on unitedly demanding accountability and improvement from all these tech Companies, not just Xiaomi. We would be most foolish and enslaved if we continue to be divided and arguing and fighting each other, over those that can give us far better Value if we unitedly demand. So that you people that don't want SD Card slot would enjoy, and we that find it indiapensable would be happy too. Even as a consuming Nation, we shall thrive if we learn to unite and demand with One Voice. God bless us all.

This your bolded weak me o grin grin grin Sha, Xiaomi no be for everybody. iPhone wey I dey find money to buy no even get expandable storage, but what do I know

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cgame: 12:20am On Feb 27, 2020
Gptech:

Your eyes go clear grin. Maybe na to compare with one of the IPhone 11 series next.

Certainly not my iPhone 11..
tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 12:24am On Feb 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
bro not everybody is a noisemaker like some of u.am on my 7th in just over a year.. Since i bought Redmi 8.. Bought RN7 and RN8... Bought one self on Val day with a samsung device but the samsung keyboard makes typing so sweet and easy..

Pls don't quote me if you aint happy with what i wrote..just Swallow ur pride and move on. It wont kill u
Lol! Pride? If anybody needs to swallow pride from the little exchange of words we had, then it's definitely you. I only asked you for a simple question before you started listing the number of phones you've bought.
You'll be alright eventually bro. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 27, 2020
WhyNa:
Please how do I take a motion picture? I'm using Redmi Note 8

Kindly post your Gcam version link and settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 27, 2020
I need a Gcam link that is good and will be portable for redmi note 8...I downloaded burial and parrot043 version and neither of them worked on my redmi note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:43am On Feb 27, 2020
mathefaro:
Lol! Pride? If anybody needs to swallow pride from the little exchange of words we had, then it's definitely you. I only asked you for a simple question before you started listing the number of phones you've bought.
You'll be alright eventually bro. smiley
some of u are so insecure that u think everybody is in competition with u... U may not realise this now.. But all this bulshit u are writing now will come back to bite in person in the nearest future.. Note this day down... Mathefaro all ur defenders and supporters wont be there to lick your wounds with u

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:46am On Feb 27, 2020
Plead:
I need a Gcam link that is good and will be portable for redmi note 8...I downloaded burial and parrot043 version and neither of them worked on my redmi note 8
check XDA thread.. U will sure find obe working for u or go to celsoazevedo.com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 27, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crazeworld(m): 2:37am On Feb 27, 2020
Good morning guys. It's been long since I've been struggling to buy a xaomi phone, but devil no allow me get money buy am sad. I remember placing redmi 5 or so in my wishlist but ended up with itel p32 cry Now I'm set to buy one (praise the Lord somebody).

I've being seen comments showing redmi note 8 multiple times. Seems that's the rave of the moment. Please what is the cheapest price I can get the 4/64gb variant on AliExpress? I would if anyone can help with the link. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:46am On Feb 27, 2020
Crazeworld:
Good morning guys. It's been long since I've been struggling to buy a xaomi phone, but devil no allow me get money buy am sad. I remember placing redmi 5 or so in my wishlist but ended up with itel p32 cry Now I'm set to buy one (praise the Lord somebody).

I've being seen comments showing redmi note 8 multiple times. Seems that's the rave of the moment. Please what is the cheapest price I can get the 4/64gb variant on AliExpress? I would if anyone can help with the link. Thanks

I won't advice you going the Aliexpress route now o. The waiting period because of the virus no be here. Look through the thread store for good offers

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 5:55am On Feb 27, 2020
PotatoSalad:

The major things that cause serious altercations here are

Brands better than Xiaomi (especially price)
Processor
Camera
Headphone Jack
Software updates

And the newest members
Music players and SD cards

Since the Xiaomi fans would rather defend their brand than engage in the conversation, expect savagery.

If you have a phone with a hybrid SIM slot, try getting a hybrid SIM adaptor. It won't change the maximum supported memory card capacity though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sultan5(m): 6:39am On Feb 27, 2020
SolarKing1:

I don't like being categorised or labelled something I didn't say I am. So don't do that its condescending. But I do get your point, and I only hope you get mine too. I have defended Xiaomi in the past but this wasn't the case here. I was only providing you with an hack based on the reality on ground.

I am the kind of person that likes going for what he truly wants. From your previous posts it sounded like you would have gone for a better phone than RN8 if it had the sd card. So I was like there is otg there na no reason to get anything lesser than what you really want.

Then I asked, why not get a laptop instead? Most of the tech pple I know are know are more focused on the strengths of their laptops than their phones. But I do know know a guy who makes amazing graphic design with his phone. That's why I asked. Out of nowhere someone else that my reply wasn't tailored to, jumped on it and you know the rest.

Xiaomi is great but I don't follow blindly. And I personally don't feel the sd card is necessary. That's my own opinion and I do hope you respect that just the same way I have come to respect yours. 256gb is too much for me. And based on statistics I believe this is true to most average phone users. That's why you see IPhone, Xiaomi and other brands are not too keen on the sd card. Because average phone users make up more than 80% of phone sales.

You are in a minority to be honest. You can freely petition xiaomi or whatever brand you like that don't use SD cards for their top phones or better yet go for Samsung. But to come here and guilt trip me into accepting your narrative just because we are "African brothers" is not something that brings me positive vibes. Just because you have your opinion on the matter doesn't mean we must all accept it and unite with you against phone brands. I don't share your views and that doesn't make my opinion anyless important than yours, that I have to drop it and blindly unite with you undecided

But since you clearly like Xiaomi and don't want to go for Samsung at least for now then using otg isn't that bad of an idea. But it clearly sounds like you don't buy this idea, so get the RN8 instead for now till you get enough cash to get a Samsung phone that will give you everything you personally want. Case closed!

27 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:47am On Feb 27, 2020
Sultan5:

I don't like being categorised or labelled something I didn't say I am. So don't do that its condescending. But I do get your point, and I only hope you get mine too. I have defended Xiaomi in the past but this wasn't the case here. I was only providing you with an hack based on the reality on ground.

I am the kind of person that likes going for what he truly wants. From your previous posts it sounded like you would have gone for a better phone than RN8 if it had the sd card. So I was like there is otg there na no reason to get anything lesser than what you really want.

Then I asked, why not get a laptop instead? Most of the tech pple I know are know are more focused on the strengths of their laptops than their phones. But I do know know a guy who makes amazing graphic design with his phone. That's why I asked. Out of nowhere someone else that my reply wasn't tailored to, jumped on it and you know the rest.

Xiaomi is great but I don't follow blindly. And I personally don't feel the sd card is necessary. That's my own opinion and I do hope you respect that just the same way I have come to respect yours. 256gb is too much for me. And based on statistics I believe this is true to most average phone users. That's why you see IPhone, Xiaomi and other brands are not too keen on the sd card. Because average phone users make up more than 80% of phone sales.

You are in a minority to be honest. You can freely petition xiaomi or whatever brand you like that don't use SD cards for their top phones or better yet go for Samsung. But to come here and guilt trip me into accepting your narrative just because we are "African brothers" is not something that brings me positive vibes. Just because you have your opinion on the matter doesn't mean we must all accept it and unite with you against phone brands. I don't share your views and that doesn't make my opinion anyless important than yours, that I have to drop it and blindly unite with you undecided

But since you clearly like Xiaomi and don't want to go for Samsung at least for now then using otg isn't that bad of an idea. But it clearly sounds like you don't buy this idea, so get the RN8 instead for now till you get enough cash to get a Samsung phone that will give you everything you personally want. Case closed!

Well said

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 6:52am On Feb 27, 2020
Sultan5:

u can't say it any better.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by invinzible1: 6:52am On Feb 27, 2020
GrandMufti:

Unlock bootloader sharply
I can't find It in the settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 27, 2020
SolarKing1:

this is one of the best write up i have seen here.. It seems most people here are enslaved by their Phone.. They defend the brand as if there life depended on it.. They become rude, insulting and insecure on a phone brand their family have no stake in.... Sometimes you wonder if some are being paid..

Let me not even talk about the Rude kids here who think everybody is poor all because of a phone brand...

Truthfully i havent use any Xiaomi Phone over 100k i dont need to lie about that..no one is paying me but in some aspect Xiaomi has its failing... No one here would admit that but would rather prefer to argue rudely

Truth be told there are some matured minds here who thinks beyond this thread and understand that everything here is just Audio life and has no impact in your daily life.... Likes of jboixxx, Gptech etc never seen them insult anyone but kids are not suprising...

I still want to get the Poco X2 love that Xiaomi brand but i will never ever defend any brand.. Phone is just phone.. I may decide against poco X2 and go for Reno 3..who cares

Presently on Redmi 8.. Cant drop that phone cos of its battery... The RN8 battery seems to be kinda mall since i used R8 before it.. So sticking with R8.. You dont need to like me for that

Advice to the kids here...
A friend of mine in HR department said when doing deep search on an applicant... They type your name on Google.. It will bring out all moniker and username associated with ur name... All they Do is click on those monikers... Some will lead them to your twitter handle, some to Nairaland handle..some rubbish you write online is used to judge ur applications..Be wise

I asked why he said almost everyone has 2.1 and 2.2 results

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 7:15am On Feb 27, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Theme name pls...

Horror dual 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:27am On Feb 27, 2020
invinzible1:

I can't find It in the settings

What's your location? Look for someone around you to help unlock bootloader
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 7:42am On Feb 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
this is one of the best write up i have seen here.. It seems most people here are enslaved by their Phone.. They defend the brand as if there life depended on it.. They become rude, insulting and insecure on a phone brand their family have no stake in.... Sometimes you wonder if some are being paid..

Let me not even talk about the Rude kids here who think everybody is poor all because of a phone brand...

Truthfully i havent use any Xiaomi Phone over 100k i dont need to lie about that..no one is paying me but in some aspect Xiaomi has its failing... No one here would admit that but would rather prefer to argue rudely

Truth be told there are some matured minds here who thinks beyond this thread and understand that everything here is just Audio life and has no impact in your daily life.... Likes of jboixxx, Gptech etc never seen them insult anyone but kids are not suprising...

I still want to get the Poco X2 love that Xiaomi brand but i will never ever defend any brand.. Phone is just phone.. I may decide against poco X2 and go for Reno 3..who cares

Presently on Redmi 8.. Cant drop that phone cos of its battery... The RN8 battery seems to be kinda mall since i used R8 before it.. So sticking with R8.. You dont need to like me for that

Advice to the kids here...
A friend of mine in HR department said when doing deep search on an applicant... They type your name on Google.. It will bring out all moniker and username associated with ur name... All they Do is click on those monikers... Some will lead them to your twitter handle, some to Nairaland handle..some rubbish you write online is used to judge ur applications..Be wise

I asked why he said almost everyone has 2.1 and 2.2 results

An epistle by a previous defender of Redmi 8. You have to look yourself in the mirror and admit this applies to you. I can't forget your redmi7 vs redmi8 saga, I have to ask myself again; is this kallmerb? Stop calling 'kids' up and down, it's getting boring.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6901) (6902) (6903) (6904) (6905) (6906) (6907) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.