Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9196846 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7159) (7160) (7161) (7162) (7163) (7164) (7165) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:15pm On May 01, 2020
Menance:

Even people that use the note 8 pro that has a powerful mtk chipset complain of over heating issue.. I can't fit

Even SD chipsets overheat nah........

My Umidigi Power 3 does not overheat, except during charging cycles.......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Skypeaceconsult: 6:18pm On May 01, 2020
Redmi note 7 boxed for Sale 60k 4gram 64 inbuilt memory with complete accessories...call 09052500278

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Haba Oga, have you played PES on Umidigi S3 Pro............ grin
Umidigi? Hahaha.

Umidigi blocked me on Twitter when I called them out on their fake Gleam giveaways. When I harassed them with my old blog's Twitter account they unblocked me.

Sketchy OEM that have lost my trust and sketchy chipset maker...hmm that's the Transsion factor. I refuse to be frustrated in my life again.

Thank you for the offer but I'll pass. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Menance: 6:27pm On May 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Even SD chipsets overheat nah........

My Umidigi Power 3 does not overheat, except during charging cycles.......

I'll research Sha.. but I don't think sd heat that much.... And battery conservation is.....

Anyway if you've use infinix and tecno you go understand Wells.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 6:28pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Did they use SD 625 on direct upgrade but on different line ups? That is the point I am trying to make.

They didn't use SD 625 or Redmi Note 3 SE, Redmi Note 4x and Redmi Note 5 Pro like some would do.
Guy, your knowledge about phones is second to none, I must confess I admire your indepth conceptual skills and ability to put it in writing for everyone to understand.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:30pm On May 01, 2020
Menance:

I'll research Sha.. but I don't think sd heat that much.... And battery conservation is.....

Anyway if you've use infinix and tecno you go understand Wells.

Infinix and tecno....... ABOMINATION...... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2020
quasarJose:
Shit.

No more 9s(6/128) on jumia again. Most already sold out.. shocked shocked shocked shocked

relax someone might bring it here,have faith

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 6:32pm On May 01, 2020
quasarJose:
Shit.

No more 9s(6/128) on jumia again. Most already sold out.. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Most Resellers and shop owners are probably stocking the phone right now... grin grin grin grin

Just wait till Mid-may or ending, most cabals here will have it in stock, mark my word..

Jumia is a good bet to ship in globally at a time like this than AliExpress...

At least with them , you won't have to deal with Lockdown, shipping, post office and Custom issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 6:36pm On May 01, 2020
Hargbo:

Most Resellers and shop owners are probably stocking the phone right now... grin grin grin grin

Just wait till Mid-may or ending, most cabals here will have it in stock, mark my word..

At least with them , you won't have to deal with Lockdown, shipping, post office and Custom issues.

You do know that Non Essential goods are not being shipped into the country right? And even those that do have a lot of clearing to do at customs. There is also movement restrictions on non essential items so they're still almost 100% affected by the lockdown.

Jumia is ideal though because they're local and refunds are made quicker than I've experienced on AE.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 6:43pm On May 01, 2020
festwiz:

Lol.

In all seriousness though. They are just okay-ish.

The Dimensity lineup is good. The G line up is sketchy. The P series died when they started using PowerVR GPUs.

They are still using the 12nm process for the G series whilst the industry has since moved on (their Dimensity uses 7nm+ though). The new Kirin 8xx series are using 7nm+, SD is using 8nm for midrange SoCs and Exynos will soon drop a new 6nm SoC, whilst Huawei's 5nm Kirin should come out next year.

This benchmark cheating put Mediatek on the spot. Even Xiaomi couldn't use sports mode to sell the RN9. Why do I say this, G80 and G85 scored exactly the same. If not for the scandal, I can bet you that the RN9 would have posted about 15% higher benchmark scores than the G80. That's not to say the G80 wasn't among the SoC with this cheat feature. So, I'd say forget about Mediatek series that are not Dimensity and buy Snapdragon if you want peace of mind.

Quote this message when someone will say his PES gets 60fps on RN8 but it is lagging on RN9.

I rest my fingers. tongue

PS: IMO. I very much hope to be wrong.
Duuude, Why naaaa?... I was considering the Note 9, you just Killed my entire intentions cry sad

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:48pm On May 01, 2020
quasarJose:
Shit.

There is na > Redmi Note 9s 6/128
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 6:49pm On May 01, 2020
AirVaans:
Duuude, Why naaaa?... I was considering the Note 9, you just Killed my entire intentions cry sad

Don't fret yet. Like I said, IMO. I am waiting for early reviews before I can say anything definite. I am really curious as why Xiaomi had to use the G85 over the G80 which seems pointless to me right now. They could've put a SD712 in there and called it a day.

The RN9 may have something clever up its sleeve and may be a good device all round and might be a consistent performer, but right now I wouldn't hold my breath.

If Realme had Indian prices internationally, they'd be the new Xiaomi. But they're going the Oppo way.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:54pm On May 01, 2020
Jackofall:

check this out, https://gadgetstwist.com/11-0-2-0-qggeuxm-redmi-note-8-android-10/

i download the upgrade from there, but i havent installed it manually

You downloaded an EU ROM, is your phone using an EU ROM?

Share the about page of your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:56pm On May 01, 2020
festwiz:

Don't fret yet. Like I said, IMO. I am waiting for early reviews before I can say anything definite. I am really curious as why Xiaomi had to use the G85 over the G80 which seems pointless to me right now. They could've put a SD712 in there and called it a day.

The RN9 may have something clever up its sleeve and may be a good device all round and might be a consistent performer, but right now I wouldn't hold my breath.

If Realme had Indian prices internationally, they'd be the new Xiaomi. But they're going the Oppo way.

Technically they OPPO in another skin. Vivo, IQOO, Oppo, Realme and even OnePlus have one thing in common apart from R&grin similar pricing techniques.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quasarJose: 7:00pm On May 01, 2020
Tiger2020:
relax someone might bring it here,have faith

I have faith but this money with me lacks faith..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quasarJose: 7:01pm On May 01, 2020
jboixxx:
There is na > Redmi Note 9s 6/128

Out of stock.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quasarJose: 7:01pm On May 01, 2020
Hargbo:

They are like whales in the crypto market lol

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:03pm On May 01, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quasarJose: 7:08pm On May 01, 2020
jboixxx:
https:// www./xiaomi-redmi-note-9s-6.67-inch-6gb-ram-128gb-rom-48mp-ai-quad-camera-5020mah-green-50629963.html
Remove the space before www. It's available.

Merci... Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 7:11pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Technically they OPPO in another skin. Vivo, IQOO, Oppo, Realme and even OnePlus have one thing in common apart from R&grin similar pricing techniques.

I feel realme has cheaper price than all his brothers but uses the best technology from their portfolio.

I think realme price is cheaper than xiaomi but they dont have global apeal of xiaomi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thelucifer666(m): 7:13pm On May 01, 2020
seunfly:

I feel realme has cheaper price than all his brothers but uses the best technology from their portfolio.

I think their price is cheaper than xiaomi but they dont have global apeal of xiaomi.
They are over priced here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quasarJose: 7:13pm On May 01, 2020
jboixxx:
https:// www./xiaomi-redmi-note-9s-6.67-inch-6gb-ram-128gb-rom-48mp-ai-quad-camera-5020mah-green-50629963.html
Remove the space before www. It's available.
It's out of stock

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 7:17pm On May 01, 2020
Thelucifer666:

They are over priced here in Nigeria.

They are cheaper on jumia global and if Aliexpress is good for you, it is far cheaper there.

I feel their price here is determined by their distributor here in Nigeria. I saw price of some OPPO and Vivo phones and i wonder why the price difference is so wide but xiaomi price is eithet equal or sometimes cheaper.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On May 01, 2020
quasarJose:

I have faith but this money with me lacks faith..

Send it to me, for safe keeping....... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 7:21pm On May 01, 2020
quasarJose:

It's out of stock

Xiaomi is on fire in Nigeria ooo, i wish they can move into local retailers in all our cities. It is a move they won't regret.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

If the person sabi do am.. I fit risk am..

But as you list all these things ehn.. I no dey interested again..

Lol
Baba don fear grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:30pm On May 01, 2020
seunfly:

I think realme price is cheaper than xiaomi but they dont have global apeal of xiaomi.

Realme official Global prices are way more expensive than Redmi.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:31pm On May 01, 2020
When the Note 9 and Note 9S crew show...

This house will not contain us oh

grin grin grin

If I'm feeling like a grandpa I wonder how GPtech, Grandmufti, Genius43, Tiger2020, luisema4luv and the other old hands are feeling...

See? I forgot hanty Fibo.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:31pm On May 01, 2020
awoo47:
I'm an infinix marketer nd u ppl can't spoil my business

we both knw wot we're doing na wink
Still doesn't change d fact dat if ure needy lyk most Nigerians..
Transsion is ur choice, if u over do ure on ur own
No wonder why your blood dey hot. The Xiaomi gospel is a moving train bro.... undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:33pm On May 01, 2020
atheistandproud:
When the Note 9 and Note 9S crew show...

This house will not contain us oh

grin grin grin

If I'm feeling like a grandpa I wonder how GPtech, Grandmufti, Genius43, Tiger2020, luisema4luv and the other old hands are feeling...

See? I forgot hanty Fibo.

RN5 Gang says hi

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:34pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

RN5 Gang says hi

Do and upgrade sir. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by remele2(f): 7:36pm On May 01, 2020
Skypeaceconsult:
Redmi note 7 boxed for Sale 60k 4gram 64 inbuilt memory with complete accessories...call 09052500278

Should we tell him

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7159) (7160) (7161) (7162) (7163) (7164) (7165) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.