Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9197319 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7158) (7159) (7160) (7161) (7162) (7163) (7164) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 01, 2020
awoo47:
must u tell us??

use ur phone in peace
oh wow. Bad belle people dey this life sha. You for kuku unlook

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:24pm On May 01, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Hello everyone. I just joined the MI family FINALLY. Any thing I should know? I got redmi 8. I downloaded camera pc idk if that's gcam. Got it from compilation thread. I can't find fonts on the phone. Any tricks I should note. Anything at all. I like this phone

Fonts

Change region to India. Go to theme app, choose a font and apply then change your region back to Nigeria.

GCam. Try any of these.
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/HyperCam_E3.0_P.apk

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/HC-7.3.018-v1.1.apk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 2:31pm On May 01, 2020
awoo47:
I'm an infinix marketer nd u ppl can't spoil my business

we both knw wot we're doing na wink
Still doesn't change d fact dat if ure needy lyk most Nigerians..
Transsion is ur choice, if u over do ure on ur own

Na now we understand you @ bolded...

But I no understand your last statement... what kind of "needy" do you mean that would make me to be stuck with transsion devices?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 2:33pm On May 01, 2020
AududuNine11:

But I no understand your last statement... what kind of "needy" do you mean that would make me to be stuck with transsion devices?

If any Nigerian is "needy" to quote him, there are always more affordable devices that deliver bang for buck in the market than their overpriced pieces of plastic.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Fonts

Change region to India. Go to theme app, choose a font and apply then change your region back to Nigeria.

GCam. Try any of these.

Alright. Thanks man. You've been really helpful. But what if I no longer want a particular font I've chosen and want to go back to the normal font that came with the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
atheistandproud:

If any Nigerian is "needy" to quote him, there are always more affordable devices that deliver bang for buck in the market than their overpriced pieces of plastic.
I'm really astonished at his sarcasm...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Menance: 2:48pm On May 01, 2020
This redmi note 9 looks catchy but I'm scared of anything mediatek...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Fonts

GCam. Try any of these.

oops the gcam didn't work. I'll keep searching sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 3:00pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Do you have any proof that he his under Xiaomi payroll because that's not the first time you are throwing around that accusation.

Also he might be wrong about the four years but they do it. Infinix hot 4 and hot 5 used the same Chipset, if I can remember well hot 6 except hot 6x. Tecno Camon 11 Pro,. Camon 12 and 12 Pro and Camon 15 same Helio P22, isn't that 3 generations?

Xiaomi have used a Processor more than once but rarely on an upgrade to another successor apart from SD 636 on RN5 aand RN6 Pro which we slammed them here for and SD 436 on R7a and R8a it is quite rare. But three generations and it been present in every lineup be it Tecno Camon, Spark, Infinix Hot, Note, Smart, is a bummer when there are array of processors they can use even in Mediatek line up
even if xiaomi uses the same chipset for random phones ,they must change some other things like camera lens not gimmick ,USB type c,built quality etc unlike the helio p22 king with only difference in new models being just different body size and camera size undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 3:03pm On May 01, 2020
AududuNine11:

thanks for understanding...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 3:03pm On May 01, 2020
Peakyblinder:
oh wow. Bad belle people dey this life sha. You for kuku unlook
pele oo
good belle undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 3:25pm On May 01, 2020
Tiger2020:
even if xiaomi uses the same chipset for random phones ,they must change some other things like camera lens not gimmick ,USB type c,built quality etc unlike the helio p22 king with only difference in new models being just different body size and camera size undecided

Xiaomi used 625 snapdragon like kilode. Do you know how many Xiaomi phones impregnated with this chipset?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Davidwilliam101: 3:39pm On May 01, 2020
Good afternoon, please I need a link to download Gcam for redmi note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 01, 2020
Toyorsih:

How did you search for it please ?
Lemme check it out
just search for xiaomi and filter it to nigeria only products
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henrygold100: 3:42pm On May 01, 2020
Pls my phone camera is not taking good portrait pictures.... Redmi note 7 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:44pm On May 01, 2020
If you like yourself.. don't banter Xiaomi in this group. Even if you are right.. dem go pepper you

Laughing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2020
Peakyblinder:
oops the gcam didn't work. I'll keep searching sha

It works. Especially the first one abi is it not Redmi 8 again.

Uninstall previous versions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:48pm On May 01, 2020
isco10:

Xiaomi used 625 snapdragon like kilode. Do you know how many Xiaomi phones impregnated with this chipset?

Did they use SD 625 on direct upgrade but on different line ups? That is the point I am trying to make.

They didn't use SD 625 or Redmi Note 3 SE, Redmi Note 4x and Redmi Note 5 Pro like some would do.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 4:01pm On May 01, 2020
awoo47:
i said in terms of cpu p22 is better, this is a known fact i don't knw abt d gpu..

And i ask what does tecno sells for that price?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adeelijah17(m): 4:05pm On May 01, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Hello everyone. I just joined the MI family FINALLY. Any thing I should know? I got redmi 8. I downloaded camera pc idk if that's gcam. Got it from compilation thread. I can't find fonts on the phone. Any tricks I should note. Anything at all. I like this phone

please which store did you get the phone and how much ?
Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quasarJose: 4:06pm On May 01, 2020
Shit.

No more 9s(6/128) on jumia again. Most already sold out.. shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by remele2(f): 5:05pm On May 01, 2020
Need a fairly used neat Redmi note 7.. If u hv one for sale, pls quote me,,,, Lagos is the Location
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 01, 2020
i just got redmi note 8 pro, is it possible to manually upgrade it to android 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:52pm On May 01, 2020
Jackofall:
i just got redmi note 8 pro, is it possible to manually upgrade it to android 10

Wait for OTA.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 5:54pm On May 01, 2020
Menance:
This redmi note 9 looks catchy but I'm scared of anything mediatek...

Mediatek is now a good chipset........ Forget about mediatek of years ago.......

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 5:54pm On May 01, 2020
seunfly:

What is slightly better? Even without the rigging benchmark score from mediatek, 450 GPU and camera is better.
Apart from that samsung sells brand, Amoled, gorrila glass, fast charger15w etc what does tecno sell for that price?

Tecno ke? Don't mind them jare.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Mediatek is now a good chipset........ Forget about mediatek of years ago.......

Oga have you seen the Redmi you will move to?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Wait for OTA.

check this out, https://gadgetstwist.com/11-0-2-0-qggeuxm-redmi-note-8-android-10/

i download the upgrade from there, but i havent installed it manually

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 6:07pm On May 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Mediatek is now an good eh! chipset........ Forget about mediatek of years ago.......

Lol.

In all seriousness though. They are just okay-ish.

The Dimensity lineup is good. The G line up is sketchy. The P series died when they started using PowerVR GPUs.

They are still using the 12nm process for the G series whilst the industry has since moved on (their Dimensity uses 7nm+ though). The new Kirin 8xx series are using 7nm+, SD is using 8nm for midrange SoCs and Exynos will soon drop a new 6nm SoC, whilst Huawei's 5nm Kirin should come out next year.

This benchmark cheating put Mediatek on the spot. Even Xiaomi couldn't use sports mode to sell the RN9. Why do I say this, G80 and G85 scored exactly the same. If not for the scandal, I can bet you that the RN9 would have posted about 15% higher benchmark scores than the G80. That's not to say the G80 wasn't among the SoC with this cheat feature. So, I'd say forget about Mediatek series that are not Dimensity and buy Snapdragon if you want peace of mind.

Quote this message when someone will say his PES gets 60fps on RN8 but it is lagging on RN9.

I rest my fingers. tongue

PS: IMO. I very much hope to be wrong.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:07pm On May 01, 2020
genius43:

Oga have you seen the Redmi you will move to?

I am tied to Umidigi....... grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:11pm On May 01, 2020
festwiz:

Lol.

In all seriousness though. They are just okay-ish.

The Dimensity lineup is good. The G line up is sketchy. The P series died when they started using PowerVR GPUs.

They are still using the 12nm process for the G series whilst the industry has since moved on (their Dimensity uses 7nm+ though). The new Kirin 8xx series are using 7nm+, SD is using 8nm for midrange SoCs, 7nm+ and Exynos will soon drop a new 6nm SoC, whilst Huawei's 5nm Kirin should come out next year.

This benchmark cheating put Mediatek on the spot. Even Xiaomi couldn't use sports mode to sell the RN9. Why do I say this, G80 and G85 scored exactly the same. If not for the scandal, I can bet you that the RN9 would have posted about 15% higher benchmark scores than the G80. That's not to say the G80 wasn't among the SoC with this cheat feature. So, I'd say forget about Mediatek series that are not Dimensity and buy Snapdragon if you want piece of mind.

Quote this message when someone will say his PES gets 60fps on RN8 but it is lagging on RN9.

I rest my fingers. tongue

PS: IMO. I very much hope to be wrong.

Haba Oga, have you played PES on Umidigi S3 Pro............ grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Menance: 6:12pm On May 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Even people that use the note 8 pro that has a powerful mtk chipset complain of over heating issue.. I can't fit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7158) (7159) (7160) (7161) (7162) (7163) (7164) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mrviktor(m), chadbasin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.