Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,551 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9259012 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7288) (7289) (7290) (7291) (7292) (7293) (7294) ... (9320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:46am On May 24, 2020
jaywalker04:
Hi, good morning. My phone has this issue and it's got me confused. These days when I'm doing stuff, it'll just hang for a few seconds and restart. And whenever that happens, I notice it doesn't read my memory card. Sometimes I'll have to restart it a few times to get it working well again. Last night was the worst. It shut down and restarted, it hanged when the launcher was loading and went dark, I restarted it again but same result. Sometimes I could be playing music and the music will stop and start telling me it can't read my memory card and I'll end up seeing "corrupt SD card". I'll have to remove it and put it back to get it working again. Please will a simple reset fix it, is it the SD card or should I be worried? Thank you.
Original and Class 10 memory card? Remove and do error test on a PC. Backup your files to a PC or external storage and format the card using your phone, after which, you may restore your files.

Before ejecting your SIM tray (it hosts your mSD card too), always 'Safe Eject" your mSD first before ejecting your SIM tray to avoid card/data corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sacredsaint(m): 9:46am On May 24, 2020
Please I'll like to know the prices of Redmi Note 8;4/64gb variant and the redmi 8...and possibly where I can get it in Lagos

I already checked jumia, I only say the shipped from abroad stocks and I'll have to wait a month or so
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2020
Good morning everyone and best of the festivities to our Muslim brothers and sisters...
@theguy who ordered for his RN9s using DHL, Has your order arrived yet? Please I am specifically waiting for your unboxing and first hand review...

Thanks... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
BTW, this wait is getting to me and becoming frustrating because my current device is becoming increasingly annoying.. embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:49am On May 24, 2020
Sprintx24:
Good morning everyone.
BTW, this wait is getting to me and becoming frustrating because my current device is becoming increasingly annoying.. embarassed embarassed
You have to be increasingly patient.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaywalker04(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2020
jboixxx:
Original and Class 10 memory card? Remove and do error test on a PC. Backup your files to a PC or external storage and format the card using your phone, after which, you may restore your files.

Before ejecting your SIM tray (it hosts your mSD card too), always 'Safe Eject" your mSD first before ejecting your SIM tray to avoid card/data corruption.
It's a class 10 but I'm not sure about the quality. Thank you, I'll do that ASAP. But my phone is okay, yeah?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaywalker04(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2020
Akonice007:

I will advise you change your SD Card first to be sure of where the problem is, maybe the card card is corrupted or about to....Good luck
Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:05am On May 24, 2020
jaywalker04:

It's a class 10 but I'm not sure about the quality. Thank you, I'll do that ASAP. But my phone is okay, yeah?
As regards the mSD, it's okay, [s]you might be having hidden charging issue though. [/s] grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:07am On May 24, 2020
jaywalker04:

You can share a photo off the said SD Card as well.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:07am On May 24, 2020
Sprintx24:
Good morning everyone and best of the festivities to our Muslim brothers and sisters...
@theguy who ordered for his RN9s using DHL, Has your order arrived yet? Please I am specifically waiting for your unboxing and first hand review...

Thanks... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Let me help you call him

Lovelani come and give update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 10:08am On May 24, 2020
postdigger:
please is it true Xiaomi phones like note 8 has bad network receptions?

Akonice007:

Don't say that again, I use note 8 and I av never av any complain whatsoever since I bought it in January. The phone is very much okay.

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by thormeydey: 10:29am On May 24, 2020
genius43:

Let me help you call him

Lovelani come and give update

He said DHL said they will deliver it on Wednesday (Weekend and public holiday)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaywalker04(m): 10:40am On May 24, 2020
jboixxx:
As regards the mSD, it's okay, [s]you might be having hidden charging issue though. [/s] grin grin grin
Charging issue? Could you please explain?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 10:45am On May 24, 2020
Plz can i get gcam link for Mi9t

Cc: genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 10:58am On May 24, 2020
madgoat:

Ehn! shocked

Come here o! You want to sneak past us like that.
Come and give testimony and offering about your mi9t.
You think we won't notice abi

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:01am On May 24, 2020
genius43:

He can do that on the tweaking thread too.
Ya, I didn't consider that angle.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:05am On May 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 11:16am On May 24, 2020
thormeydey:

He said DHL said they will deliver it on Wednesday (Weekend and public holiday)

How much did custom add
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 11:32am On May 24, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:34am On May 24, 2020
Biafrareform:

Is this MI 9T GCAM?

How do I set it up please ?

Everything you need is there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seaboyzen: 11:42am On May 24, 2020
is it save to get redmi note 8 from amazon and ebay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 11:45am On May 24, 2020
genius43:

How do I save the file so I can import it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 11:47am On May 24, 2020
genius43:

I try opening the slow motion, it closes back

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:57am On May 24, 2020
Biafrareform:

I try opening the slow motion, it closes back

Did you apply the configs?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:57am On May 24, 2020
Biafrareform:

How do I save the file so I can import it?

Follow the guide on folder creation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:00pm On May 24, 2020
jaywalker04:

Charging issue? Could you please explain?
Na play o... Enjoy ya device.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:48pm On May 24, 2020
jboixxx:
I don rest the case jare. Make I no give those expecting fights something to chop grin grin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:

Oya let's do basic math

Full battery = 100%
Your battery after 3hrs = 89% which means it takes 3hrs to consumer 11%

100/11 = 9.1

9.1×3 = 27.2

That's a "whole day", 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Good night

chike obi

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2020
postdigger:
please is it true Xiaomi phones like note 8 has bad network receptions?
Osii noo

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 1:04pm On May 24, 2020
madgoat:

There's no gcam port better than stock camera. I've tried quite a number and none matches the quality of the stock, if you have a way with the pro shooter then U're in heaven.

But do try the gcam ports and give us a feedback, u might just find something I couldn't find.

By the way, so u secretly moved to Mi 9T without telling us, abeg come pour water for ground. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Feranchek(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

If you can pay 70k �

C'mon bro.... that's way too high na...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 1:10pm On May 24, 2020
jaywalker04:
Hi, good morning. My phone has this issue and it's got me confused. These days when I'm doing stuff, it'll just hang for a few seconds and restart. And whenever that happens, I notice it doesn't read my memory card. Sometimes I'll have to restart it a few times to get it working well again. Last night was the worst. It shut down and restarted, it hanged when the launcher was loading and went dark, I restarted it again but same result. Sometimes I could be playing music and the music will stop and start telling me it can't read my memory card and I'll end up seeing "corrupt SD card". I'll have to remove it and put it back to get it working again. Please will a simple reset fix it, is it the SD card or should I be worried? Thank you.

1. Switch off your phone, then remove your memory card.
2. Switch your phone back on and let it run for a while. Study its behavior.
3. If the phone worked seamlessly without the memory card, then it is almost certainly a memory card issue. It is either the memory card is a low quality memory card, or it has gotten corrupt.
4. Try copying the files on the memory card to another storage device, then proceed to format the card. After formatting, run some diagnostic tests on the card.
5. If your phone behaved the same way after removing the memory card, then there is probably nothing wrong with your memory card. I will advise that you perform a factory reset on your phone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7288) (7289) (7290) (7291) (7292) (7293) (7294) ... (9320) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.