Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,547 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9279168 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7595) (7596) (7597) (7598) (7599) (7600) (7601) ... (9321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:00am On Jul 22, 2020
justmykel:
The way wey my friends dey hype xiaomi products leaves me wondering if they're brand ambassadors grin

I am tempted to give it a trial. My budget is 40k or lesser(wouldn't mind a fairly used one in good condition) so guys which do you recommend for a start?

If you have a fairly used one in the price range stated above, let me.

PS. Lagos is the location, IKD precisely.

Check around the thread store for deals that match your budget.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 12:02am On Jul 22, 2020
Google: Devices with 2GB RAM or less must launch as Android Go phones starting in Q4

Eyah... Na only RAM as criteria. SOC like Mediatek P22/A22/A25 no join?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justmykel(m): 12:05am On Jul 22, 2020
genius43:

Check around the thread store for deals that match your budget.

Where the thread store dey biko

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justmykel(m): 12:07am On Jul 22, 2020
kekilika:
Google: Devices with 2GB RAM or less must launch as Android Go phones starting in Q4

Eyah... Na only RAM as criteria. SOC like Mediatek P22/A22/A25 no join?

I guess you were trying to be of help to me! Abi na me no understand ni?

The bolded part no clear to me abeg

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 12:07am On Jul 22, 2020
trueking:
My Nokia 2.1 has received android ten update, yet redmi 8 is still stock on 9, and the hypocrites here would go on to bash transsion, bunch of frustrated marketers

Nokia is Android one program now. Anyone that have a faintest idea of how android program works won't bring this comparison. Talk of Mi A2/A3

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 12:18am On Jul 22, 2020
justmykel:

I guess you were trying to be of help to me! Abi na me no understand ni?

The bolded part no clear to me abeg
The Android OS is getting "heavier" by the day. You need a bigger RAM to run/management it.
With Google new advice, one phone maker that like producing 2GB RAM phone will be angry. This will make them up their game.
My last paragraph on SOC is for Google to include it as a criteria for Android Go, it will help chase them away from using those SOCs grin grin

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:24am On Jul 22, 2020
justmykel:

The link is on the first page of this thread

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justmykel(m): 12:27am On Jul 22, 2020
genius43:

Okay... Tankio

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justmykel(m): 12:47am On Jul 22, 2020
genius43:

Tankio

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justmykel(m): 12:49am On Jul 22, 2020
kekilika:

The Android OS is getting "heavier" by the day. You need a bigger RAM to run/management it.
With Google new advice, one phone maker that like producing 2GB RAM phone will be angry. This will make them up their game.
My last paragraph on SOC is for Google to include it as a criteria for Android Go, it will help chase them away from using those SOCs grin grin
If it'd make them start giving us value for money, then its a welcome idea.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 2:39am On Jul 22, 2020
Why is it that some guys that bought redmi note 8 are complaining about it and some also selling it off? Does it mean the redmi 8 has issue or what. Pls let me know guys that are using note 8.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MegaPlayBoy: 3:51am On Jul 22, 2020
miui 12 mod on redmi note 4

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 5:25am On Jul 22, 2020
losdiose:

Asif Redmi 8 is the only fone dey make.

Mister, the update doesn't come once. It will get to them. But u c Transsion, na no go area.

U r free to quote me as a marketer. If u should know, I left Transsion last month after so many years of using sh*t.

Imagine me dumping Huawei, Samsung & Apple for Transh*t.

Any way, good evening sir.
You just spoilt the fun in making that troll perceive his stench of foolery

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 5:32am On Jul 22, 2020
festwiz:
Why are y'all replying a brain dead troll? undecided
Even me wey dey lick 5 sachets of coffee dey fit ignore all these trolls and avoid them, my mentors here don dey fall my hand here to dey give these trolls chance to dey spoil and derail the thread. We know them by their first impression, the best thing na to just avoid and make them believe how irrelevant their rants and opinions are.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 5:37am On Jul 22, 2020
justmykel:

If it'd make them start giving us value for money, then its a welcome idea.
As far as their customers are still technically blind, they will keep churning out what they've been churning out before.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FENZY24(m): 5:52am On Jul 22, 2020
justmykel:

I have a note6pro if you'll be interested
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FENZY24(m): 5:58am On Jul 22, 2020
Redmi note 6pro 4gb/64gb up for grab at 40k.. Owerri.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by brizzle116(m): 5:59am On Jul 22, 2020
Mi 9t EU grin

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:15am On Jul 22, 2020
smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by barackodam: 6:16am On Jul 22, 2020
genius43:

If you need a phone with quick updates you will buy the Mi A3.

There is difference between android one phones and those running on custom OS. The Mi A2 that was released with Android 8 have gotten android 10 eons ago.

No be everytime we go dey yarn Okoto Meow skrrr all in the name of having an opinion.

So you know, you have gotten the last os upgrade on your 2.1

A lot of people don't know the difference between Android One and normal devices. That's where the issue lies

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justmykel(m): 6:49am On Jul 22, 2020
FENZY24:

Your location, phone spec and pic please!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PrettyBunny(f): 6:53am On Jul 22, 2020
You people that would be buying phone because of hype and not because, you really want to experience the capabilities of the phone, and then come here and be yarning dust, your problems have no solution sha..

Anyways, I will be bouncing in soon as an official member ooo..Make una get ready to throw party for me ooo grin grin grin

I like roasted turkey more tongue tongue

Good morning to y'all and have a blessed day.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DamiBlaise: 6:58am On Jul 22, 2020
FENZY24:

Bros, how much are ynu willing to sell?
I'm very much interested

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 7:07am On Jul 22, 2020
PrettyBunny:
You people that would be buying phone because of hype and not because, you really want to experience the capabilities of the phone, and then come here and be yarning dust, your problems have no solution sha..

Anyways, I will be bouncing in soon as an official member ooo..Make una get ready to throw party for me ooo grin grin grin

I like roasted turkey more tongue tongue

Good morning to y'all and have a blessed day.

Cc: Oga genius43, Over to you grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:30am On Jul 22, 2020
This thread sha. People way Una no suppose dey reply na him una dey reply.

From their post, you'll know they are here for trouble. But nah, itchy fingers go rush quote them.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2020
Who else is with me?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2020
genius43:

When more than three persons have bought from that store with even one receiving the CN Version of Redmi 8 instead of RN8, I am still wrong? You can try it out and come back to tell us.

RN8 is cheaper locally and you get the Global Version than on Jumia.
I said i am not sure, didn't say you are wrong. I may not have worded it properly since there is still a lot of things i don't understand yet, Sorry for that. Anyway when i am ready i may consult you or others in the thread. I don't know how the Nairaland trend store works or the reputable options in Jumai. With enough confirmation from others i will patronize the thread store. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 8:02am On Jul 22, 2020
peteregwu:
Why is it that some guys that bought redmi note 8 are complaining about it and some also selling it off? Does it mean the redmi 8 has issue or what. Pls let me know guys that are using note 8.
That's the phone i want to buy and my budget. But i have seen so many people selling it off. Are they better options within that budget? I don't mind buying another phone instead.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drakeskull(m): 8:31am On Jul 22, 2020
Strike out the fairly used option which might not give you the best experience of Xiaomi's capability

justmykel:
The way wey my friends dey hype xiaomi products leaves me wondering if they're brand ambassadors grin

I am tempted to give it a trial. My budget is 40k or lesser(wouldn't mind a fairly used one in good condition) so guys which do you recommend for a start?

If you have a fairly used one in the price range stated above, let me.

PS. Lagos is the location, IKD precisely.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:31am On Jul 22, 2020
stephinnoyewole:
Who else is with me?

Unplug your phone

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2020
peteregwu:

You can join in the buying and testing, then sell at a distress price.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7595) (7596) (7597) (7598) (7599) (7600) (7601) ... (9321) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.