Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9358699 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
augster:
it's called mifi for a reason
And who leaves a mifi at home when going out

Why carry additional gadget when you have a phone that serves the same purpose. Besides the glo mifi supports only bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 28. So etisalat and Ntel won't work. With your dual sim phone, you can easily switch to any network should your preferred network disappoint. You don't even need to bring out your sim.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
kolomax:
snapdragon

Any luck? Did you change to another network?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
iheanyi4u:
Trying to buy stuff online and its not going. Using access bank. Any ideas

The reason(s) have already been broken down for you. I had the same problem the first time I tried using my Access Visa card, but I contacted the bank and the restriction was removed.

You should do the same.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=Gptech post=51467864]
You nr 1 face the reality say na mid range you buy? Forget the fake promises they make, mid range na mid range, no real support.

n
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by augster(m): 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
GrandMufti:

Why carry additional gadget when you have a phone that serves the same purpose. Besides the glo mifi supports only bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 28. So etisalat and Ntel won't work. With your dual sim phone, you can easily switch to any network should your preferred network disappoint. You don't even need to bring out your sim.
mifi no be load, it's something you can put in your pocket without even noticing. And if he wants to use glo, why should he bother about ntel and Etisalat?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyizma(m): 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lovexme:

The reason(s) have already been broken down for you. I had the same problem the first time I tried using my Access Visa card, but I contacted the bank and the restriction was removed.

You should do the same.

Please can Access MasterCard work for online transaction? I already requested for it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
seyizma:

Please can Access MasterCard work for online transaction? I already requested for it.

It should work. Even Access Visa card works, and it's what I used in ordering from Aliexpress.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
BuzzRay:

The feature can be found on miui 8. With it you can have an app installed twice on same device; dual app feature has no business with your sim. Its the same icon u get for both apps, i think the only difference is that there is a yellow leaf-like icon just by the side of the second app to differentiate them.

Interesting feature, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
kolomax:
snapdragon
Ehya.. Thought u were using mtk.. I don't know what u can do again o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
vosquare:

Ehya.. Thought u were using mtk.. I don't know what u can do again o

Boss how far? Approximately how long does your battery last now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adewasco2k(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lovexme:

Where did you buy the R4P from? If not in Nigeria, how long did it take to be delivered?

How has been the experience like while using it?

Sorry for the multiple questions smiley

Where did you buy the R4P from?: Aliexpress

How has been the experience like while using it?: Awesome, it's an upgraded version of the Redmi 3s prime, better rear camera that works better in low light, higher processor 2.0ghz snapdragon 625

In general it's a better option, same battery wirh the Redmi 3s but the Redmi 4 stay longer, I do get more than 24hrs after full charge.

You all should note something though, there is no global ROM for this device yet so the ROM on it is a modified ROM.and you will not receive OTA update.

You can flash it with the global ROM when it's available though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyizma(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lovexme:

It should work. Even Access Visa card works, and it's what I used in ordering from Aliexpress.

Alright. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Horlaarsco:

I have Glo mifi unlocked for sale
Does it make more sense ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
adewasco2k:

Where did you buy the R4P from?: Aliexpress

How has been the experience like while using it?: Awesome, it's an upgraded version of the Redmi 3s prime, better rear camera that works better in low light, higher processor 2.0ghz snapdragon 625

In general it's a better option, same battery wirh the Redmi 3s but the Redmi 4 stay longer, I do get more than 24hrs after full charge.

You all should note something though, there is no global ROM for this device yet so the ROM on it is a modified ROM.and you will not receive OTA update.

You can flash it with the global ROM when it's available though

Thanks for the reply.

The highlighted was stated on the site when I was reading through on it's spec. Just ordered anyway.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lovexme:

Yes but a monthly limit of $200
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
iheanyi4u:

Yes but a monthly limit of $200

The $200 limit wasn't / isn't a problem for me, unless the item you intend ordering is over $200.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
GrandMufti:

Boss how far? Approximately how long does your battery last now?
Baba, since d day I dn change battery phone never die o.. If my phone die, e mean say I reboot am. There's is no light here but d little I charge will last for over 5 hours on 3g o

Example, I never charge my phone today, charged it up to 98% yesterday night and currently in 6%. D only time I didn't on data today is when I had a special lecture from 10-12,others data was on and was pressing.. No lecture, here comes browsing and music... I still dey play song now sef and battery never comot 6%

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
Horlaarsco:

price

47k. Slightly negotiable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
vosquare:

Baba, since d day I dn change battery phone never die o.. If my phone die, e mean say I reboot am. There's is no light here but d little I charge will last for over 5 hours on 3g o

Example, I never charge my phone today, charged it up to 98% yesterday night and currently in 6%. D only time I didn't on data today is when I had a special lecture from 10-12,others data was on and was pressing.. No lecture, here comes browsing and music... I still dey play song now sef and battery never comot 6%

Yes. One good thing about miui is that the music app rarely drops your battery smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
GrandMufti:

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=429822&extra=page%3D1&page=1&mobile=2

Thanks for sharing Chairman cheesy

What's your take on the update? Nobody commented on the effects either positively or negatively.

@NgcoboP: It's been a while. Missed you here. Hope you are good.

cc: Gptech
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks for sharing Chairman cheesy

What's your take on the update? Nobody commented on the effects either positively or negatively.

@NgcoboP: It's been a while. Missed you here. Hope you are good.

cc: Gptech

This update is for the Chinese rom. I use global rom. The Chinese updates are way ahead of global rom

You can try the update. Perhaps it might fix the fingerprint issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
GrandMufti:

Yes. One good thing about miui is that the music app rarely drops your battery smiley
Even third party apps don't consume my battery. As wacky as the battery performance of my device is, 6% of battery juice can give me hours of music playback via earphones. Infact playing from 10 p.m to like 3a.m sometimes doesn't take more than 10%. shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
GrandMufti:

I don't even use d music app... Poweramp all d way
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:52pm On Dec 06, 2016
vosquare:

I don't even use d music app... Poweramp all d way
Seconded! But the music app is clearer sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ametu166(m): 1:19am On Dec 07, 2016
I've got brand new mi4 battery, fancy back cover and screen protectors for sale...Pls whaatsaPp or call on 08068645349 for more info.....

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 07, 2016
vosquare:

Gm bro, which Xiaomi phone are u using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vheeki(f): 6:53am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello guys. Please assist, which is better between rn3 special edition and redmi 4 prime?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:48am On Dec 07, 2016
vheeki:
Hello guys. Please assist, which is better between rn3 special edition and redmi 4 prime?
No comparison here, the redmi note 3 is far better. The only thing the redmi 4 prime has over it is a more sturdy design and better battery endurance due to of course the smaller screen and less powerful processor.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flexxyworld(m): 8:35am On Dec 07, 2016
urgently in need of a nice android phone 25-30k. Please quote asap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flexxyworld(m): 9:15am On Dec 07, 2016
fibonacci2526:
One month old redmi 3s 2GB 16GB(superbly used as it has been in silicon case since day one, no scratch) for sale as am looking at going for the RN3 Pro special edition. Mail addy in my profile

serious buyer. 40k.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 9:29am On Dec 07, 2016
Gptech:

What can xperia xa do better than xiaomi redmi note 3 apart from camera? I have not said the money you spend on a device is proportional to its performance, I have only insisted that redmi note 3 is a mid range phone. There are countless mid range xperias that never got updated even once.
Lastly, Xioami are not struggling to release marshmallow, don't they already have phones running marshmallow? If they give midrange phones the sweet treatment you seek, you expect people to buy their flagships? My brother all is market strategy.
how much is xiaomi redmi4 price?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 10:01am On Dec 07, 2016
Dexter247:

Gm bro, which Xiaomi phone are u using?
Redmi note 3 mtk

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.