Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9179494 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
franzis:
actually it came with Android 5.1 it was when I updated the Global Rom beta 2 months back thant it changed to Android 6.0

In that case, you are using developer rom, not stable MM. The special edition comes with MM right from the box.

http://en.miui.com/thread-299743-1-1.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

In that case, you are using developer rom, not stable MM. The special edition comes with MM right from the box.

http://en.miui.com/thread-299743-1-1.html

my rn3 pro is on edge since last night I have checked all the settings and they are intact any solution to that please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Neyoalao(m): 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
Guys am thinking of buying redmi 4 pro.... Any advice for me or suggestions? Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
Neyoalao:
Guys am thinking of buying redmi 4 pro.... Any advice for me or suggestions?
Thanks

I placed an order for same phone a couple of days ago on Aliexpress. I read reviews online, and most have been good.

Redmi note 3 seem to be a popular choice amongst users though. I like the fact that it supports most 4G bands, unlike the Redmi 4 Pro.

In all, Redmi 4 Pro is a good choice if you're operating on a not too extravagant budget.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
kolomax:
my rn3 pro is on edge since last night I have checked all the settings and they are intact any solution to that please

Try *#*#4636#*#* it could network. Alternatively try switching the Sims from the tray and reboot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lovexme:

I placed an order for same phone a couple of days ago on Aliexpress. I read reviews online, and most have been good.

Redmi note 3 seem to be a popular choice amongst users though. I like the fact that it supports most 4G bands, unlike the Redmi 4 Pro.

In all, Redmi 4 Pro is a good choice if you're operating on a not too extravagant budget.

Only the redmi note 3 special edition supports LTE band 28 used by Glo. Redmi note 3 and redmi note 3pro does not support it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

Only the redmi note 3 special edition supports LTE band 28 used by Glo. Redmi note 3 and redmi note 3pro does not support it.

Yeah, the special edition. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

Try *#*#4636#*#* it could network. Alternatively try switching the Sims from the tray and reboot
OK what am seeing is edge so which will I use

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 7:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
kolomax:
If u want 3g only click on wcdma only

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
kolomax:

Try LTE only. If there is no network on your phone then just reboot. What network are you using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

Try LTE only. If there is no network on your phone then just reboot. What network are you using?
That can work only when there is 4G coverage in his location.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

glo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
Gptech:

That can work only when there is 4G coverage in his location.
am in abuja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 8:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
vosquare:
If u want 3g only click on wcdma only
still on E
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
kolomax:
still on E

I use glo too. At times it switches from 3G to edge. I reboot and it comes back. I suggest you have a backup network just in case you need to use the Internet.

Did you by chance update your miui recently?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
Same thing now. Mine just switched to edge. Another trick I normally use is to switch to airplane mode for 10 seconds, then turn airplane mode off.

I think it's a network issue and not your phone.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

I use glo too. At times it switches from 3G to edge. I reboot and it comes back. I suggest you have a backup network just in case you need to use the Internet.

Did you by chance update your miui recently?
I just got the phone yesterday everything was okay in the morning it just switch itself to edge around that 6pm I thought it's because of the level of the battery as at yesterday but up till now am still experiencing it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:
Same thing now. Mine just switched to edge. Another trick I normally use is to switch to airplane mode for 10 seconds, then turn airplane mode off.

I think it's a network issue and not your phone.
Badt guy, that really works almost every time. I think this switching thing is prevalent with Glo network.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Neyoalao(m): 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lovexme:

Yeah but the fact that it's 5" is wanting to turn me off from the device and the thick bezel sef.... Confused now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
kolomax:
I just got the phone yesterday everything was okay in the morning it just switch itself to edge around that 6pm I thought it's because of the level of the battery as at yesterday but up till now am still experiencing it
Its network issue, you can change your sim to confirm.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
kolomax:

Hmm quite strange. Do you have another sim? You can check to be sure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
Gptech:

Badt guy, that really works almost every time. I think this switching thing is prevalent with Glo network.
Yes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
hello xiaomi users, pls whats the diff btween global stable rom and developers rom, i want to buy a xiaomi phone and am jus getting confused by all these
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
KingsleyTMTTM:
hello xiaomi users, pls whats the diff btween global stable rom and developers rom, i want to buy a xiaomi phone and am jus getting confused by all these
GrandMufti come and help o, can't type now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
Gptech:

GrandMufti come and help o, can't type now.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
kolomax:
still on E
Downlaod and open mtk engineering app
Click on mtk settings
Then network selecting
Click on the network u want.. It will be permanent forever
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
KingsleyTMTTM:
Global stable receives monthly updates while developer receives weekly updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

Global stable receives monthly updates while developer receives weekly updates

If I may ask, which one wud be on the Redmi 4 pro? Global stable or Developer rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
Paxziano:

If I may ask, which one wud be on the Redmi 4 pro? Global stable or Developer rom?

Global. But you can easily switch to developer rom if you wish.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
How much is note 3 special edition. My 3s doesn't support 4g with Glo

May need to switch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
humblesteve:
How much is note 3 special edition. My 3s doesn't support 4g with Glo

May need to switch
I want to ask, this ur 3s you want to sell. I would like to buy it ooo, is it the 2gb or 3gb ram version
Please ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
Neyoalao:

Yeah but the fact that it's 5" is wanting to turn me off from the device and the thick bezel sef.... Confused now

You'll have to make sure choice eventually.

I'll not a fan of very large screens, 5 inches is just perfect. It wasn't a difficult choice for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BrightForYou(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.