Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,141 members, 7,835,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9355822 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gptech:

This update ruined my battery performance, anyway Friday is not far again grin
mine is still okay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
Rozaystunna:
mine is still okay
Thats most likely because your phone is different from mine.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gptech:

Thats most likely because your phone is different from mine.
which is yours?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gptech:

Never said build quality, its of course the quality of the hardware used which majorly is the processor, of course build quality can be considered much later after considering camera sensors used, connectivity, quality of screen and display, etc. Infact the SD 650 is officially a mid range processor, so what are you driving at? That redmi note 3 is a flagship?

Devices with processors older than sd 650 are running Android N.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gptech:

There you go! You mean custom roms? shocked
Ok port and don't complain later o grin

Too busy right now. Besides my primary phone already has nougat
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gptech:

Then you should consider another brand now because you will never get any android upgrade on your device, best you can get is Marshmallow, and see how long you have waited grin You know why? Your device is a midrange device according to Xiaomi, Mi4 has Marshmallow already.

My primary phone is xperia xa. If you read my initial post I said minimum is MM update.

Lol when you say I'll never get any upgrades on my phone.

Whether a phone is midrange or not is not my issue. As long as its architecture supports OS upgrade, then I'm good with it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:11am On Dec 05, 2016
Rozaystunna:
which is yours?
Redmi note 2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:24am On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

My primary phone is xperia xa. If you read my initial post I said minimum is MM update.

Lol when you say I'll never get any upgrades on my phone.

Whether a phone is midrange or not is not my issue. As long as its architecture supports OS upgrade, then I'm good with it.
This man ehhh grin. You know the xperia xa is pricey yet the specs is mediocre compared to what you are paying for? Again watch how xperia z5 and z3 will be treated as Kings over the XA, then you will know why you should bother if your device is a flagship or not since OS upgrade is of great importance to you. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:51am On Dec 05, 2016
Gptech:

This man ehhh grin. You know the xperia xa is pricey yet the specs is mediocre compared to what you are paying for? Again watch how xperia z5 and z3 will be treated as Kings over the XA, then you will know why you should bother if your device is a flagship or not since OS upgrade is of great importance to you. grin

Someone needed money urgently so I bought it for cheap. Again you are totally missing the point. It's not about money but what the phone can do. As mediocre as the specs are, it is running a stable android N. That is just the point I have been trying to pass on to you. Mediocre phones with specs older than most xiaomi 2016 phones are running Android N. So what is Xiaomi's excuse?

XDA guys developed Android N for xiaomi phones as far back as August, even before miui 8 was released yet a company as big as xiaomi is still struggling to release a stable MM.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

Someone needed money urgently so I bought it for cheap. Again you are totally missing the point. It's not about money but what the phone can do. As mediocre as the specs are, it is running a stable android N. That is just the point I have been trying to pass on to you. Mediocre phones with specs older than most xiaomi 2016 phones are running Android N. So what is Xiaomi's excuse?

XDA guys developed Android N for xiaomi phones as far back as August, even before miui 8 was released yet a company as big as xiaomi is still struggling to release a stable MM.

What can xperia xa do better than xiaomi redmi note 3 apart from camera? I have not said the money you spend on a device is proportional to its performance, I have only insisted that redmi note 3 is a mid range phone. There are countless mid range xperias that never got updated even once.
Lastly, Xioami are not struggling to release marshmallow, don't they already have phones running marshmallow? If they give midrange phones the sweet treatment you seek, you expect people to buy their flagships? My brother all is market strategy.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2016
Gptech:

What can xperia xa do better than xiaomi redmi note 3 apart from camera? I have not said the money you spend on a device is proportional to its performance, I have only insisted that redmi note 3 is a mid range phone. There are countless mid range xperias that never got updated even once.
Lastly, Xioami are not struggling to release marshmallow, don't they already have phones running marshmallow? If they give midrange phones the sweet treatment you seek, you expect people to buy their flagships? My brother all is market strategy.

Again you miss the point entirely. Redmi note 3 has a 4000mAh battery, Sony xa has about 2300. But guess what, after upgrading to miui 8, the Sony phone lasts longer than rn3. Why? Because miui 8 is heavier than miui 7.

Still on the midrange issue, why is redmi note 3 pro running on lollipop while redmi note 3 special edition with identical specs, running on MM? Are they not both midrange phones? You see how your argument about midrange phones flawed?

Now about giving midrange phones 'sweet treatment', why have they not provided update for redmi note 4?

Take a look at the link below concerning redmi note 4

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=426509&extra=page%3D1&mobile=2

The whole argument here has nothing to do with xiaomi's hardware specs. This was the same model blackberry operated. They ignored their OS while others were making innovations.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2016
xiaomi redmi note 4 standard edition 2gb ram and 16gb rom for sale. if interested pm me *0*8*0*3*8*7*8*4*5*0*8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 8:49am On Dec 05, 2016
BuzzRay:
Wondering why xiaomi doesn't make use of gorilla glasses anymore. Like the one they used on the redmi 2.

humblesteve kindly run a quick drop test for me, with your 3s, leme so hw strong the screen is.cheesy
Hehe....this guy no like me o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2016
frankyvalll:
xiaomi redmi note 4 standard edition 2gb ram and 16gb rom for sale. if interested pm me *0*8*0*3*8*7*8*4*5*0*8
How much ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

Again you miss the point entirely. Redmi note 3 has a 4000mAh battery, Sony xa has about 2300. But guess what, after upgrading to miui 8, the Sony phone lasts longer than rn3. Why? Because miui 8 is heavier than miui 7.

Still on the midrange issue, why is redmi note 3 pro running on lollipop while redmi note 3 special edition with identical specs, running on MM? Are they not both midrange phones? You see how your argument about midrange phones flawed?

Now about giving midrange phones 'sweet treatment', why have they not provided update for redmi note 4?

The whole argument here has nothing to do with xiaomi's hardware specs. This was the same model blackberry operated. They ignored their OS while others were making innovations.
Hmm, you know miui is not being abandoned, and about innovation lipsrsealed
You just mentioned good battery performance from your xperia due to stable update right? Yet you fail to point out how updating whether the xperia z3 or z5 ruined its battery performance. What's the reason, bugs right? We all know that miui 8 is filled with bugs. About miui being heavy, check the endurance rating of mi5 and xperias running same battery capacity and come back here. It's all about optimization, even the mi5 with 3000mah trumps the redmi note 3 with 4000mah. Of course miui updates have been a sour story for some and also sweet for others but that doesn't make your comparison with blackberry os valid, in fact there is nothing to compare there. Why do people love miui? Innovation is the answer. Infact my redmi note 2 looks newer by the day and looks more advanced than many phones running Marshmallow.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2016
humblesteve:

Hehe....this guy no like me o

Help your guy na grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

Help your guy na grin grin grin
Am not in the position to...I believe you're
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 9:28am On Dec 05, 2016
humblesteve:
How much ?
pls pm me on *0*8*0*3*8*7*8*4*5*0*8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:36am On Dec 05, 2016
Mogenerous:
This update might seem pretty cool but I don't want anything that might affect my battery performance

Battery life is great. There is a bug with the notification sound other than incoming call. Major annoyance as you have to reboot for it to work properly again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 11:58am On Dec 05, 2016
Wish i had enof money and got a xiaomi. cry.... This thread is moving big time..... Still a xiaomi fan tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
kolomax:
no alibaba
did you buy in bulk?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifechez: 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
temitimx19:

14 - 16days.. Let's chat on WhatsApp, check my signature

Thanks for agreeing to help me get The Redmi 4a. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

that's my Redmi note 3 pro, it's on Android 6.0

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
Tomorrow Xiaomi Mi5c will be launched. Can't wait to add this device to my RN3 MTK league.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
franzis:
That's the Taiwanese version / special edition that came with MM. Similar rn3 pro manufactured in India still run on Lollipop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
franzis:
My initial thought was dat Note 3 *PRO* is snapdragon, n besides where did u get d device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lovexme:

I almost used that, but decided against it in the last second just because I thought Xiaomi online store would hold more credibility grin

Dreami store has high ratings too.
I just confirmed it , it's XIAOMI DREAMI STORE, the short form z dreami, na Xiaomi get ham
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lovexme:

Different stores, but both have got high ratings.
They're same bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
Gmajor:
did you buy in bulk?
just 3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
willian10:

They're same bro
#
Really? That's interesting. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
GrandMufti:

That's the Taiwanese version / special edition that came with MM. Similar rn3 pro manufactured in India still run on Lollipop
actually it came with Android 5.1 it was when I updated the Global Rom beta 2 months back thant it changed to Android 6.0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
willian10:

My initial thought was dat Note 3 *PRO* is snapdragon, n besides where did u get d device
note 3 pro comes with snapdragon ... I got it on AliExpress

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.