Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,940 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7825) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9196803 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7822) (7823) (7824) (7825) (7826) (7827) (7828) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LcFer: 10:40pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

Lesser 4G bands, Band 7 and 20 especially.

Also it comes with an unlocked bootloader because a Global ROM was flashed to replace the Chinese ROM

omo!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ibiblaze(m): 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2020
Guy, it's my first time to order on aliexpress
I ordered Bluetooth airpod and smart band, I hope aliexpress is safe and I will definitely receive my goods in a month time,
Is there any thing I need to know as a new buyer, or any orientation from those that have been using aliexpress, by the way, the smart band is still showing to he shipped but the earpiece had already been shipped according to the application tracking....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
koonlay101:

Enjoy your new phone. This is my best Xiaomi phone so far the last being the Redmi CC9. I like my phones sleek and with almost no bezels.

Though I currently use the Redmi Note 8, had I not been on a budget, I would have definitely gone for this baby.

You made the right choice!
aww, thanks oga
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jecyangel:

awwww.. lovely something.. am definitely going for this.. enjoy
Yea, it's worth it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 12:30am On Sep 18, 2020
Ibiblaze:
I ordered Bluetooth airpod and smart band, I hope aliexpress is safe and I will definitely receive my goods in a month time,
Is there any thing I need to know as a new buyer, or any orientation from those that have been using aliexpress, by the way, the smart band is still showing to he shipped but the earpiece had already been shipped according to the application tracking....
It safe, if you are using DHL probably in a month, but aliexpress standard shipping is 90 days or beyond due to the Covid-19
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Godsonjolly: 1:42am On Sep 18, 2020
Nellsworld:

Guy u funny, u want buy Samsung for that amount to play game, so wat games will u be playing with that budget, maybe candy crush or temple run
Thats why I said "if i have money" I don't have money so no Samsung for now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Godsonjolly: 1:46am On Sep 18, 2020
Faithful4real:

I using the redmi 9c and the phone is very good.
And my friends are surprised that my gameplay improved thanks to the phone the only downside for me is that the phone don't support gyroscope
Disclaimer I'm not responsible if anything happens I'm just giving an honest opinion.

If you need gyroscope buythe redmi 9 prime
Wow... The camera is cool.
which variant are u using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:39am On Sep 18, 2020
Ibiblaze:
After you don buy finish abi? Just wait for your order in peace. If you're lucky, you'll get it in a few weeks, else, months.

Happy waiting!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 18, 2020
Please guys I'm buying a Redmi today and want you to recommend between Redmi note 8 and Redmi 9?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lavoca: 3:30am On Sep 18, 2020
fados4sure:
Please guys I'm buying a Redmi today and want you to recommend between Redmi note 8 and Redmi 9?

Thanks in anticipation
Redmi Note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 18, 2020
Lavoca:
Redmi Note 8
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Faithful4real(m): 5:39am On Sep 18, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Wow... The camera is cool.
which variant are u using?
Redmi 9c
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 6:43am On Sep 18, 2020
abeg wen will redmi remember we older versions as per update to miui 12
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustack: 6:50am On Sep 18, 2020
genius43:

Redmi Note 9s is different from Redmi Note 9

And if you are using EEA/EU ROM, that is the latest version.

You mean this?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 6:59am On Sep 18, 2020
Please... I updated my R7 to the latest update, was cool for some days, just yesterday my gestures stopped working (that is, if I want to slide from below to minimise).. when I switch back to the buttons features, the buttons don't work either.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ibiblaze(m): 7:02am On Sep 18, 2020
Nellsworld:

It safe, if you are using DHL probably in a month, but aliexpress standard shipping is 90 days or beyond due to the Covid-19
I can't even wait for 60days,not to talk of 90days,the aliexpress standard shipping was showing me 23-33days..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by missiles: 7:06am On Sep 18, 2020
Oga Jboixxx delivered! What an excellent service delivery. He even included freebie shocked
More deals loading.. Keep it up bro grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bankool: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2020
Xionez:

Wonder how it stacks up against the Xiaomi 20000maH power bank.
Anyone to suggest a simple review criteria or benchmark?!

Please does anyone know where I can get Xiaomi 20,000mah power bank 3 45watts in Lagos or Ibadan?
I need to as a back up to charge my laptop or if you can recommend any other power bank that can output 45watts..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2020
Greetings Everyone, is it possible for me to activate Always on Display on my Redmi Note 9 Pro? If yes, how do I go about it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2020
Mustack:

You mean this?

Yes. And you are using the ROM for the European region
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2020
Dwaynestefan:
Greetings Everyone, is it possible for me to activate Always on Display on my Redmi Note 9 Pro? If yes, how do I go about it?

AOD is for Amoled display
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2020
liljboy:
Please... I updated my R7 to the latest update, was cool for some days, just yesterday my gestures stopped working (that is, if I want to slide from below to minimise).. when I switch back to the buttons features, the buttons don't work either.

Uninstall updates from launcher.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2020
Please how do mi note 10 lite users cope with tempered glass.My own didn't have full glue all over.They just applied on the edges. it has fallen off just after 3 days.Its clear that getting tempered glass to fit a curved screen is going to be very difficult.Pls how do you guys cope.I am using the screen raw for now till i get another good glass.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by afrobaby(f): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2020
I recently noticed that my contacts on my redmi note 9s doesn't display details, the only way I can view details of any contact is to click on edit button, anyone experiencing such? Is there anyway around it? . Thanks all

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2020
queenfav:
Please how do mi note 10 lite users cope with tempered glass.My own didn't have full glue all over.They just applied on the edges. it has fallen off just after 3 days.Its clear that getting tempered glass to fit a curved screen is going to be very difficult.Pls how do you guys cope.I am using the screen raw for now till i get another good glass.

Madam fibo suggested the best for curved screen the other day. You can contact her and ask.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2020
genius43:

Madam fibo suggested the best for curved screen the other day. You can contact her and ask.
wow, thanks oga.Madam fibonacci2526 ,pls help me out o.I no get money to change screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 8:55am On Sep 18, 2020
genius43:

Uninstall updates from launcher.
didn't work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2020
genius43:

AOD is for Amoled display

Can't by bypassed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Can't by bypassed?

This is hardware limitations not software
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2020
liljboy:
didn't work

Download full ROM and Re-install or try another launcher
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:40am On Sep 18, 2020
queenfav:
wow, thanks oga.Madam fibonacci2526 ,pls help me out o.I no get money to change screen.
Your best option is UV screen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7822) (7823) (7824) (7825) (7826) (7827) (7828) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.