Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9228347 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7821) (7822) (7823) (7824) (7825) (7826) (7827) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
Godsonjolly:

No boss. I like the redmi 9c cos it has the 64gb rom. i was thinking of buying d pouvoir of 32gb and also buy memory card for gaming. But when I saw the redmi 9c I got attracted to it. I haven't used a redmi b4,haven't really used tecno but am scared of having a malware phone as people claim.. Just wanna hear different ideas then I can be able to make a solid decision

For me, I will go for R9C.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Very funny,no na. I just wanna hear from people who have more experience. If I had my way,would buy a good Samsung phone. Cos I play game a lot,am not the photo freak and I also like quality phone ba3.

Buy the Pouvoir 4. smiley

#peace

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2020
saint2ace:

I can affirm these, but if u are looking for bass and noise cancellation then get a genuine Samsung AKG wired earpiece and relax.

Whenever I see someone recommend AKG, I always remember mine. Someone stole it and e still dey pain me till date. Got it for $99 as at 2017.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

RN5 the old Dog
that phone camera just improved out of the sky,planning on getting additional battery grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
Tiger2020:
that phone camera just improved out of the sky,planning on getting additional battery grin grin grin

Yes o. They will never tell you that in a changelog but kept improving the results from the camera.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
Godsonjolly:
pls,which is better?
redmi 9c 3gb/64 or pouvoir 4 3gb/32
I'm thinking of getting a new phone but I'm confused. pouvoir beats d redmi in some specs like ba3,camera and so on. But I still need a phone that I'll use well and for some time. Tho not for eternity

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2020
saint2ace:

Bro allow him follow his heart. Tomorrow e go be Ur fault....
On point.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jecyangel(f): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2020
Tiger2020:

Awww am missing my phone oo. That RN5 is still da bomb. With that phone I have the world in my palms. Quite unfortunate it has to go like this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Whenever I see someone recommend AKG, I always remember mine. Someone stole it and e still dey pain me till date. Got it for $99 as at 2017.

Great sound even the imitation has awesome sound reproduction especially when paired with a good phone, the only downside to the imitation is call quality, too much static, apart from that it's a well put together piece of equipment.

NB: For those that would want to try it out based on this write up, please always buy the ones made in Vietnam.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

Yes o. They will never tell you that in a changelog but kept improving the results from the camera.

Now u're making me regret selling mine even without using it cry cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Faithful4real(m): 8:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

For me, I will go for R9C.
I using the redmi 9c and the phone is very good.
And my friends are surprised that my gameplay improved thanks to the phone the only downside for me is that the phone don't support gyroscope
Disclaimer I'm not responsible if anything happens I'm just giving an honest opinion.

If you need gyroscope buythe redmi 9 prime

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MilesLamar(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

Redmi Note 4x last update was the one to MIUI 11
Thanks alot bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
Faithful4real:

I using the redmi 9c and the phone is very good.
And my friends are surprised that my gameplay improved thanks to the phone the only downside for me is that the phone don't support gyroscope
Disclaimer I'm not responsible if anything happens I'm just giving an honest opinion.

If you need gyroscope buythe redmi 9 prime

Redmi 9 Prime (India) = Redmi 9 Global

Take note
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good evening all.Pls is it that miui 12 or android 10 can't cast phone screen wirelessly to a smart tv without me having to be connected to a WiFi network?

I didn't have this issue on my old phone.I just tried connecting the tv and my new phone to the same hotspot on my RN5,i was able to cast the screen of my new device to the tv afterwards.

With my old phone,it can cast effortlessly without me having to be on the same wifi network as the tv..Please ooo,u guys should help me out.That is a feature I use lot on our smart tv to watch movies.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LcFer: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
hi guys, i'm planning on getting redmi note 8. and i saw a 4/128 gb version on jumia for this price...
Why's it this cheap? when the normal 4/64 version is around 70k+

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
queenfav:
Good evening all.Pls is it that miui 12 or android 10 can't cast phone screen wirelessly to a smart tv without me having to be connected to a WiFi network?

I didn't have this issue on my old phone.I just tried connecting the tv and my new phone to the same hotspot on my RN5,i was able to cast the screen of my new device to the tv afterwards.

With my old phone,it can cast effortlessly without me having to be on the same wifi network as the tv..Please ooo,u guys should help me out.That is a feature I use lot on our smart tv to watch movies.

I think it's an Android issue. You aren't the first person complaining of it. And different devices.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
LcFer:
hi guys, i'm planning on getting redmi note 8. and i saw a 4/128 gb version on jumia for this price...
That's shipped from abroad. Complete order then come back and tell us the Shipping cost.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AMZYMAYO(m): 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
Bought redmi 9 pro from Nurex01. Guy is so reliable. Highly recommended!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2020
LcFer:

You are getting a CN Version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

I think it's an Android issue. You aren't the first person complaining of it. And different devices.
Ha,mogbe ooo..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2020
queenfav:
Ha,mogbe ooo..

Let's wait and see if subsequent updates will take care of it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LcFer: 9:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
Idrismusty97:
That's shipped from abroad. Complete order then come back and tell us the Shipping cost.

63,349, still cheap for a 4/128 version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LcFer: 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

You are getting a CN Version

how do i know its the CN version please?

from the description the seller said it supports FDD-LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20

do CN version supports band20 now?

and aint CN version meant to come with just 2 languages? chinese and english?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

Let's wait and see if subsequent updates will take care of it.
Kai,i pray that happens fast o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
LcFer:

Bro all the note 8 shipped from abroad on jumia are CN version.
I think band 28 is the major 4g band it doesn't support
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Faithful4real(m): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
genius43:

Redmi 9 Prime (India) = Redmi 9 Global

Take note
Thanks for the correct wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2020
Godsonjolly:

Very funny,no na. I just wanna hear from people who have more experience. If I had my way,would buy a good Samsung phone. Cos I play game a lot,am not the photo freak and I also like quality phone ba3.
Guy u funny, u want buy Samsung for that amount to play game, so wat games will u be playing with that budget, maybe candy crush or temple run
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LcFer: 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2020
Meister:

Bro all the note 8 shipped from abroad on jumia are CN version.
I think band 28 is the major 4g band it doesn't support

thanks
please what's the disadvantage of getting a chinese version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2020
LcFer:

They copied a general specification for you.

All the people that have gotten from that store got a CN Version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
LcFer:

thanks

Lesser 4G bands, Band 7 and 20 especially.

Also it comes with an unlocked bootloader because a Global ROM was flashed to replace the Chinese ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
LcFer:

thanks

The major disadvantage is not getting 4g coverage on your mtn and glo sim except in the few locations that the band 28 is available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2020
Meister:

The major disadvantage is not getting 4g coverage on your mtn and glo sim except in the few locations that the band 28 is available

Band 3

(1) (2) (3) ... (7821) (7822) (7823) (7824) (7825) (7826) (7827) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.