Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9196409 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7976) (7977) (7978) (7979) (7980) (7981) (7982) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
fortune9:
plz boss hw can I stop ads in my phone redmi note 8 cry cry cry cry

Next time make use of the compilation thread
https://techpp.com/2018/09/17/remove-ads-xiaomi-miui-guide/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
synticate:
I've formated to both exfat and NTFS using solid explorer, explorer,total commander etc still not working, I'm beginning to think its my otg cable that's not compatible with the harddrive...

Did you install the OTG Plug-in for solid explorer?

And if it reads it. Note that you can't write to it on RN7. Write to NTFS only works from RN9S and it's seniors.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hollusilva28(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
fortune9:
go to music setting and look for recommended or show ads and online content, just off it.. case solved
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
lexrichy:
Good evening house i updated my rn9pro to MIUI12 today later i got another notification asking me to download a miui zip file please what should i do am new to xiaomi.
here it is
Delete the file instead.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by weblord1900: 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
ALEX182:

Your phone is the problem and not the update. You're using a Note 7. MIUI 12 is trying to keep up with your RAM and Processor which are outdated
i thought they suppose to test the performance on their devices.. They shouldn't have released it for lesser phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by synticate: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
genius43:

Did you install the OTG Plug-in for solid explorer?

And if it reads it. Note that you can't write to it on RN7. Write to NTFS only works from RN9S and it's seniors.
I've installed all required otg plugins its currently working with my 8gb SanDisk flash drive,only having issues with the drive
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by officialteemi(m): 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
happy662:
redmi power bank
thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
synticate:
I've installed all required otg plugins its currently working with my 8gb SanDisk flash drive,only having issues with the drive

Try ES Explorer or Total commander Pro then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Publo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
genius43:

Post the about section of your phone

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
Remmedy:
wanna

No ads here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Publo:

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM/miui_JOYEUSEGlobal_V12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM_c98b027c0f_10.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OlaBa: 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
Remmedy:
wanna sell my redmi 8 ......
40k .. 3 months old

Spec and your WhatsApp number?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
ALEX182:

Your phone is the problem and not the update. You're using a Note 7. MIUI 12 is trying to keep up with your RAM and Processor which are outdated

Processor is not the problem.. The RAM is what is struggling with MemeUI
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kinggenesis(m): 2:08am On Nov 13, 2020
fortune9:

You can easily disable ads in the Mi Browser, Mi Security, and Mi Music apps in MIUI 10 via the Settings app on your Xiaomi phone.

Follow these steps�

Go to Settings > System app settings > Security > Receive recommendations Off.

This will disable ads in Mi Security.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:52am On Nov 13, 2020
synticate:
I've formated to both exfat and NTFS using solid explorer, explorer,total commander etc still not working, I'm beginning to think its my otg cable that's not compatible with the harddrive...
My oga is attending to you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olatunle(m): 5:40am On Nov 13, 2020
It is like this MIUI 12 is causing more harm than good. Since I upgraded my battery doesn't last again. The one that gets me mad is me leaving charge on my phone before I sleep and it discharging on its own. For example my phone was on 60% before I slept and now waking up I saw 43%. Data was off and all fah. I use a Redmi Note 9s

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 6:09am On Nov 13, 2020
OlaBa:

Spec and your WhatsApp number?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:25am On Nov 13, 2020
tellsblinks:

Truth be told I miss just miss my theme. I've been using it for almost 7 to 8 months.

Please recommend good squircle icon themes for me..
And I noticed that theme stores gets useless as the days goes by.

Previously before now, I can download icon pack directly from the theme store. You will find it, under customize them>> icons. But now, it's not possible again.

Recommend a theme for me, with squircle icon pack

Get "ortus Square" or "crayon" icon pack. One of them is not free but still totally worth it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 6:31am On Nov 13, 2020
olatunle:
It is like this MIUI 12 is causing more harm than good. Since I upgraded my battery doesn't last again. The one that gets me mad is me leaving charge on my phone before I sleep and it discharging on its own. For example my phone was on 60% before I slept and now waking up I saw 43%. Data was off and all fah. I use a Redmi Note 9s

It might be your network.
Let's see your network section.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aezenkwu(m): 6:37am On Nov 13, 2020
Good morning

My friend got a used mi10pro from someone.

Phone reboots but it reboots it shows "find device unfortunately closed" then I asked him to wipe his data and he did, 24hrs again he called me that the phone is still like that.

So I asked him to log out find device and he did. The phone was just stable and fast too.

But other issues now is that when he put off his phone and tries to put it on again, same sim won't get get data network unless he changes another sim.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olatunle(m): 6:42am On Nov 13, 2020
surely22:

It might be your network.
Let's see your network section.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2020
weblord1900:
Fuc,k MUIU12... How I wish I can go back to MUIU 11 again by factory reset.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
My phone is damn too slow after updating this shit.. Note 7 3/32gb
try reducing the animations from developer settings.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2020
[quote author=olatunle post=95982824][/quote]
your network no get joy o, hope you do set only the browsing SIM to 4g and the other to 2g?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 7:22am On Nov 13, 2020
[quote author=olatunle post=95982824][/quote]

That there is the culprit. It isn't your phones fault, due the network. Network has been quite unstable since after the #ENDSARS protest.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shakol91(m): 7:24am On Nov 13, 2020
Abeg guys, which good xiaomi model can I get around 40k during this promo and what's the shipping time like now... Thanks
@Gptech and @genius43 pls help me, it's urgent
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olatunle(m): 7:34am On Nov 13, 2020
surely22:

That there is the culprit. It isn't your phones fault, due the network. Network has been quite unstable since after the #ENDSARS protest.

So how do I make it stop please...
And also can you make me understand how the network is messing it up too
I will truly appreciate
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 7:41am On Nov 13, 2020
Redmi note 9s

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2020
Guys I wanna test out better audio formats I've been hearing about FLAC and I wanna know where I can download music in this format. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2020
This miui 12 wey people dey complain so, I come dey fear o. Cos I don't like phone hanging. And you know say redmi 8a na underdog of redmi 8 series. Shey when the update come, 3gb ram go fit run am smoothly?

Ps: I'm loving the floating windows since the android 10 update

(1) (2) (3) ... (7976) (7977) (7978) (7979) (7980) (7981) (7982) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.