Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,840 members, 7,831,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7982) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9329754 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7979) (7980) (7981) (7982) (7983) (7984) (7985) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2020
organism3:
this your note 4 dey shack u

Aswear guy. If na note 9s I buy, e for no shack me like this. I'm just surprised a budget phone of 3 years ago can still be this good. I just enter camera app now, and I saw that the interface is changed too. From that minimalistic look to one that has swag. Plus, the update touched on autofocus issues. Before, I had to tap to focus first before taking a shot. Not any longer. The overall output from the camera is better sef. Why e no go shack me grin

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 7:50am On Nov 14, 2020
ityP:

Aswear guy. If na note 9s I buy, e for no shack me like this. I'm just surprised a budget phone of 3 years ago can still be this good. I just enter camera app now, and I saw that the interface is changed too. From that minimalistic look to one that has swag. Plus, the update touched on autofocus issues. Before, I had to tap to focus first before taking a shot. Not any longer. The overall output from the camera is better sef. Why e no go shack me grin

It even added portrait mode to the front and rear camera. Haba. And the portraits no bad o. Chai. Xiaomi, abi Redmi, thank you. That person wey break my Lenovo no know better wey e do for me grin

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 7:54am On Nov 14, 2020
ityP:

It even added portrait mode to the front and rear camera. Haba. And the portraits no bad o. Chai. Xiaomi, abi Redmi, thank you. That person wey break my Lenovo no know better wey e do for me grin

Just took this now. Portrait no bad at all. Added small filters

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 8:36am On Nov 14, 2020
genius43:

What app were you using?
I first noticed it on my mi music player in dark mode a few days ago, now it seems like it's everywhere, probably hardware..... It's not pronounced, normally you'd have to look really closely to see it, but a person like me, easily notices it all the time, even right now as I type, and whole thing is just slightly upsetting now. cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reyhzor(m): 8:54am On Nov 14, 2020
teebest4we:
How much and ur location
100k, Onitsha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 9:24am On Nov 14, 2020
ityP:
Omo, no be only that one o grin... Volume animation don change, scrolling down panel too don get new look, as well as minimisation panel. Chai, so na wetin I dey miss since. Imagine transsion phone to dey send update to 2017 phone, e possible? Even for my Lenovo k5 pro, one update, I no see. If you talk bad about Xiaomi/Redmi, I go comot ya teeth just now kiss
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2020
JasonSleek:
I first noticed it on my mi music player in dark mode a few days ago, now it seems like it's everywhere, probably hardware..... It's not pronounced, normally you'd have to look really closely to see it, but a person like me, easily notices it all the time, even right now as I type, and whole thing is just slightly upsetting now. cry
Switch off dark mode, it's an issue with dark mode, should be fixed soon.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2020
ityP:

Make I go find some of your 2017 comments grin.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2020
dabosuker:
A friend of my was playing around with the features of his Redmi 9 he just got , and he ended up locking it .
he messed around with the "Recover lost phone feature" , with his mi account .

he can no longer pick calls or make calls , he claims he has tried to activate the phone with his mi account details but to no avail , guys is there a way through this issue ??
Tell him to ensure he connects to the internet via Wi-Fi or connecting to someone's hotspot before trying.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:39am On Nov 14, 2020
JasonSleek:

Update your phone, there is a new update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danielbobosky(m): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2020
JasonSleek:

I am also experiencing this and that was after updating to MIUI 12 and decided to try out the dark mode fearure. It's very annoying because you'll get the feeling that your screen has developed fault cheesy
I've already turned off the dark mode and everything seems fine.

It's not really that noticeable not until you look closely so I get why some people won't notice. Turn off dark mode, that should fix it for the meantime till xiaomi release a subsequent update.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:55am On Nov 14, 2020
Danielbobosky:

I am also experiencing this and that was after updating to MIUI 12 and decided to try out the dark mode fearure. It's very annoying because you'll get the feeling that your screen has developed fault cheesy

It's not really that noticeable not until you look closely so I get why some people won't notice. Turn off dark mode, that should fix it for the meantime till xiaomi release a subsequent update.

An update is out already.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 10:03am On Nov 14, 2020
Gptech:

Make I go find some of your 2017 comments grin.

Lmao. I've always respected Xiaomi o. The respect just heightened grin cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 10:14am On Nov 14, 2020
Danielbobosky:

Thanks! this is apt! though i still notice mine even while dark mode is off.

hopefully this new update will fix it!!! cause i really was having the feeling that my screen was faulty and actually wished i returned it earlier. im udating now....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2020
genius43:

Update your phone, there is a new update
YEs thanks! i'm updating now... i really hope this is a software issue and not hardware. sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 10:16am On Nov 14, 2020
Gptech:

Switch off dark mode, it's an issue with dark mode, should be fixed soon.
Thanks, even when i switch off dark mode, i still notice the flickering. im updating already... i really hope its a software issue abeg.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 10:17am On Nov 14, 2020
youre saying your stuff was okay before miui 12??
Danielbobosky:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chimoski87(m): 10:54am On Nov 14, 2020
Pls gurus in the house, how can i grant Gallery to Access my SD card coz i can't move, copy or delete anything from my gallery. Even to delete something directly from SD doesn't work. I am using Redmi 8.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Chimoski87:
Pls gurus in the house, how can i grant Gallery to Access my SD card coz i can't move, copy or delete anything from my gallery. Even to delete something directly from SD doesn't work. I am using Redmi 8.

The instructions are on that Screenshot follow it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danielbobosky(m): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2020
JasonSleek:
Thanks! this is apt! though i still notice mine even while dark mode is off.

hopefully this new update will fix it!!! cause i really was having the feeling that my screen was faulty and actually wished i returned it earlier. im udating now....

It will fade away with time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danielbobosky(m): 11:17am On Nov 14, 2020
genius43:

An update is out already.

My device is RN7. None for now

JasonSleek:
youre saying your stuff was okay before miui 12??

Yes, it was or maybe because I wasn't using the dark mode. I only noticed it the moment I decided to have a feel of the dark mode feature on MIUI 12

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tocynajani(m): 11:21am On Nov 14, 2020
Bosses in the house, which Xiaomi phone is the best someone can get for 80k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2020
Danielbobosky:

It will fade away with time
I really hope so.... Cause I just updated now and it still feels like the screen backlight is shakey.... Or it's just my eyes playing on me still...

I'd keep monitoring it.... sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 11:26am On Nov 14, 2020
Danielbobosky:

My device is RN7. None for now

Yes, it was or maybe because I wasn't using the dark mode. I only noticed it the moment I decided to have a feel of the dark mode feature on MIUI 12

mehn.... Mine flickers with or without dark mode, its just more pronounced on the dark mode stuff, and the new update didn't fix that bug either. sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danielbobosky(m): 11:32am On Nov 14, 2020
JasonSleek:
mehn.... Mine flickers with or without dark mode, its just more pronounced on the dark mode stuff, and the new update didn't fix that bug either. sad

Force restart your phone (hold power button for 10 secs) 2 to 3 times. This could help. My device is now very much okay and this was exactly how I rectified the issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obedinho130: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
guys how can one order from aliexpress now that banks have reduced their monthly spending limit for international sites to 100 dollar
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obedinho130: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
Danielbobosky:

Force restart your phone (hold power button for 10 secs) 2 to 3 times. This could help. My device is now very much okay and this was exactly how I rectified the issue.
do you use 9s or 9 pro. I wanna get 9s 6/128 on aliexpress, what do you recommend
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teeboy2300(m): 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
omoadeleye:
Someone was looking for redmi 7 replacement screen the other time.

If you are the one, i have a "redmi 7 replacement screen with frame" AAA available for pickup.
How much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
Teeboy2300:

How much?

Please let's discuss on WhatsApp...

Or click my link for easy communication
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2020
ityP:

I know that feeling. I now know why Xiaomi phones are more expensive than Lenovo phones with similar specs - Xiaomi/Redmi's software support for their phones is way above Lenovo's league.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chimoski87(m): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
genius43:

The instructions are on that Screenshot follow it.

Bro i just don't understand it coz it's not showing based on the screen shot above.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7979) (7980) (7981) (7982) (7983) (7984) (7985) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.