Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9221507 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7978) (7979) (7980) (7981) (7982) (7983) (7984) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OwoukoUrua(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Damn
Lol . . . That's how I messed with developer options a few days back on my Redmi 9 and ended up blanking the screen.

I just thank God say a factory reset restored my phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ntyce(m): 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
Got the Miui 12 today for my Redmi Note 9 pro....

After a long wait...

Hope it's worth it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
tellsblinks:

Can it be applied on miui launcher??

I believe so.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drakeskull(m): 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
olatunle:
It is like this MIUI 12 is causing more harm than good. Since I upgraded my battery doesn't last again. The one that gets me mad is me leaving charge on my phone before I sleep and it discharging on its own. For example my phone was on 60% before I slept and now waking up I saw 43%. Data was off and all fah. I use a Redmi Note 9s

When did you update? When you update a phone, major update for that matter, it's expected it needs to settle for some days before getting the best out of it. So you might notice a change in your battery.

I updated note 9 pro today and noticed just a slight difference in battery life but it's getting better

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
organism3:
on redmi note 4?

Yes o grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olatunle(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
drakeskull:

When did you update? When you update a phone, major update for that matter, it's expected it needs to settle for some days before getting the best out of it. So you might notice a change in your battery.

I updated note 9 pro today and noticed just a slight difference in battery life but it's getting better

Thanks
Update has stayed at least 2weeks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enniewelt(m): 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Please I got the miui 12 yesterday...wanted to update during midnight...so as I switched to glo 100-night browsing...the OTA disappeared, I want to know if the update will still come back....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
Redmi 8 users make we organise peaceful protest, to let Xiaomi know we need MIUI 12.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by weblord1900: 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
sajmark:

try reducing the animations from developer settings.
Its not from the animation in developer setting.. It's now better after turning on miui optimisation.. I previously switched it off

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Redmi 8 users make we organise peaceful protest, to let Xiaomi know we need MIUI 12.

I even fear that unstable miui update of theirs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
Someone was looking for redmi 7 replacement screen the other time.

If you are the one, i have a "redmi 7 replacement screen with frame" AAA available for pickup.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zeroenochone(m): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
OwoukoUrua:

Lol . . . That's how I messed with developer options a few days back on my Redmi 9 and ended up blanking the screen.

I'm very scared of developer options
I've not activated the option on my phone smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mystiq25(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
I'm facing some difficulties downloading the latest update for my redmi 8a, twice it reaches over 40% then it stops, if I pause it and resume it will go back to 4% or 2%. Can I update manually? If yes help me with a link to download the latest version
CC Genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
genius43:

EU ROM are yet to receive be patient.

Greetings Chief, is this update compatible with my device??
Seems they haven't pushed OTA update yet.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Greetings Chief, is this update compatible with my device??
Seems they haven't pushed OTA update yet.

OTA was pushed out to some people today. If you didn't get you can try it but I am not assuring you of it will work or not
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:00am On Nov 14, 2020
Mystiq25:
I'm facing some difficulties downloading the latest update for my redmi 8a, twice it reaches over 40% then it stops, if I pause it and resume it will go back to 4% or 2%. Can I update manually? If yes help me with a link to download the latest version
CC Genius43

Post about section of your phone. I am getting banned a lot lately so i am limiting my posts on NL and especially links.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 12:08am On Nov 14, 2020
Hello all, I'm noticing slight backlight flickering on the screen of my new 9s. What to do please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:49am On Nov 14, 2020
JasonSleek:
Hello all, I'm noticing slight backlight flickering on the screen of my new 9s. What to do please?

What app were you using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teeboy2300(m): 12:53am On Nov 14, 2020
Ok, anywhere I can get a new screen and screen guard for my redmi 7?
In port Harcourt?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mystiq25(m): 2:56am On Nov 14, 2020
genius43:

Post about section of your phone. I am getting banned a lot lately so i am limiting my posts on NL and especially links.
here it is

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:24am On Nov 14, 2020
Their fada cool. MIUI 11, here I come grin... If not for anything, MIUI 11 took those 4G and H+ icons to the top and made it smaller. A more polish look to the notification bar. Wahala for who never test Xiaomi phones o wink smiley... Una wey dey fear to update, shey you no like better thing abi? Any update wey I see, na ASAP I dey update o. Las las, if the update get issues, dem go send another one cheesy shocked

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2020
genius43:

OTA was pushed out to some people today. If you didn't get you can try it but I am not assuring you of it will work or not

But you didn't answer my question chief.
Is that update compatible with my device??
And is there any harm if I try installing it and it doesn't work??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2020
Omo, no be only that one o grin... Volume animation don change, scrolling down panel too don get new look, as well as minimisation panel. Chai, so na wetin I dey miss since. Imagine transsion phone to dey send update to 2017 phone, e possible? Even for my Lenovo k5 pro, one update, I no see. If you talk bad about Xiaomi/Redmi, I go comot ya teeth just now kiss

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

But you didn't answer my question chief.
Is that update compatible with my device??
And is there any harm if I try installing it and it doesn't work??

If it is not compatible, I would have stated it.

If it doesn't work I don't see any harm.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 7:01am On Nov 14, 2020
ityP:
Omo, no be only that one o grin... Volume animation don change, scrolling down panel too don get new look, as well as minimisation panel. Chai, so na wetin I dey miss since. Imagine transsion phone to dey send update to 2017 phone, e possible? Even for my Lenovo k5 pro, one update, I no see. If you talk bad about Xiaomi/Redmi, I go comot ya teeth just now kiss

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 7:05am On Nov 14, 2020
genius43:

If it is not compatible, I would have stated it.

If it doesn't work I don't see any harm.
Okay then, Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrainyPaul: 7:07am On Nov 14, 2020
New update on Redmi note 9s MIUI 12.0.2.0

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2020
Mystiq25:
here it is

https: // bigota.d.miui. com/V11.0.2.0.QCPMIXM/miui_OLIVELITEGlobal_V11.0.2.0.QCPMIXM_8b2e928a61_10.0.zip

Remove spaces.

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ogbenimax007: 7:25am On Nov 14, 2020
OwoukoUrua:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 14, 2020
ityP:
Their fada cool. MIUI 11, here I come grin... If not for anything, MIUI 11 took those 4G and H+ icons to the top and made it smaller. A more polish look to the notification bar. Wahala for who never test Xiaomi phones o wink smiley... Una wey dey fear to update, shey you no like better thing abi? Any update wey I see, na ASAP I dey update o. Las las, if the update get issues, dem go send another one cheesy shocked
this your note 4 dey shack u
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2020
ityP:
welcome to our league. redmi note 4 was my first Xiaomi in 2017 when my fellow corpers saw it they were surprised that a phone of 49500( from AliExpress then) could have that great battery with more ram and Rom together with performance. Great phone but I think redmi 7 is greater now

(1) (2) (3) ... (7978) (7979) (7980) (7981) (7982) (7983) (7984) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.