Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9222711 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8229) (8230) (8231) (8232) (8233) (8234) (8235) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damritoh(m): 12:40am On Mar 05, 2021
CreepyBlackpool:

oh I already am on normal WhatsApp, GB was recommended to me when I complained of normal WhatsApp drastically reducing the image quality when I want to post photos taken with my camera on my status, and also making clipped videos appear out of sync with the audio.

will try the GB WhatsApp again sha to see if the problems of had when using it before will persist after I disable all you asked me to.

thanks sha.

also if you have a link to a particular GB WhatsApp you'd recommend, that would be highly appreciated

https://androidwaves.com/download-gbwhatsapp-pro/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 2:30am On Mar 05, 2021
ElvisMcCoy:
Thanks man...

wink No p.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:44am On Mar 05, 2021
CreepyBlackpool:
hello everyone.
Good evening.

so I use Redmi 9A, since December last year, no issues sha, enjoying the phone, the battery is aight.

my only problem now is posting stuff on my WhatsApp status. Images taken with my phone become blurry and look horrible when I upload them. not all the time sha, but often. Also when I want to post only a segment of a video that's longer than 30secs, the video and the audio will be out of sync anytime I upload. Please is there a solution to this.

The blurry image thing happens only with photos taken with my phone and screenshots.
P.S. I am on the latest version of WhatsApp and I have no pending system updates.

thank you in advance

Xiaomi did a very bad job with the redmi 9a and 9c and I believe the problem is with the processors that they used, cuz the phones can't multi-task.
Even redmi 7a and 8a on snapdragon are faster than the redmi 9a and 9c. I hope they don't use mediatek processors going forward.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:45am On Mar 05, 2021
When you use mediatek processor to make a phone it's bound to be disastrous. It's just destiny, it can't be changed.
I won't advise my enemy to purchase a mediatek device.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 3:49am On Mar 05, 2021
Apparently, Note 10 and 10S are both Gorilla Glass 3... Its only Pro that has Glass 5?... Just When I was thinking Glass 5 is Trademark for Xiaomi Phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tellsblinks(m): 5:19am On Mar 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Loud it.

Xiaomi really tried. Let's give it to them.

But the Note 10s is a disappointment to me.

I reckon only the vanilla Note 10 and Note 10 Pro will sell well. Many people will boycott the Note 10s and the Note 10 5g.

How much are they selling? Note 10s, pro and Normal 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 6:43am On Mar 05, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

That's more than looking assured now. The winner gon be Note 10.
yes bro.... everyone is talking about it at gsmarena site
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:48am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Exactly it is not compulsory to change phones every time there is a newer model. Since my RN5 Pro, it is now I am gingered to change a phone.

Omo. For once, I'm very gingered to change o. RN10 pro na complete package abeg. insha'Allah, na my next phone be that cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 6:48am On Mar 05, 2021
Redmi note 9 pro users like me waiting for redmi note 11pro,abeg gather here

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:50am On Mar 05, 2021
gremp:

Word, some people are calling it a disappointment but that is their own opinion. Not everyone has that kind of money to shell out on the flagships like Samsung S series or iPhone.

All these for under or equivalent to $300, cheaper than both the pixel 4a and iphone SE 2.

The camera actually performs on par or even better in some instances than the iPhone 12 o. This phone over maketh sense

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:56am On Mar 05, 2021
RandomForest:
We fall into same category. I got my RN5 plus in 2018. Still sleek and beautiful. I wanted to run to Apple before but nah...I can't miss this device. I am going for the RN10 pro.

Same o. I been wan make mistake iPhone o. But this RN10 pro na steal abeg. I'd be a fool to buy any similarly priced iPhone tbh

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Iamshakur(m): 6:58am On Mar 05, 2021
Hello Guys
When is Redmi Note 10 series going to be available for purchase in Nigeria? I am finally ready to change my Redmi 8

And do you think it's a significant upgrade on Redmi Note 9 pro. I don't know tbh as I have limited knowledge in phone technicality.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:34am On Mar 05, 2021
ityP:

Omo. For once, I'm very gingered to change o. RN10 pro na complete package abeg. insha'Allah, na my next phone be that cheesy

God go do am

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:35am On Mar 05, 2021
Iamshakur:
Hello Guys
When is Redmi Note 10 series going to be available for purchase in Nigeria? I am finally ready to change my Redmi 8

And do you think it's a significant upgrade on Redmi Note 9 pro. I don't know tbh as I have limited knowledge in phone technicality.

The biggest improvement is the Redmi Note 10 Pro. We wait for Xiaomi Nigeria's launch.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NadiaR(m): 7:36am On Mar 05, 2021
PureMe01:
Redmi note 9 pro users like me waiting for redmi note 11pro,abeg gather here
Bro I dey your back too.....like it's funny I just got the Note 9pro 5days ago
Now 10 is out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 7:37am On Mar 05, 2021
NadiaR:

Bro I dey your back too.....like it's funny I just got the Note 9pro 5days ago
Now 10 is out
abeg make we wait for note 11 pro jare...e go mad pass this redmi note 10pro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:37am On Mar 05, 2021
tasonivan:
Apparently, Note 10 and 10S are both Gorilla Glass 3... Its only Pro that has Glass 5?... Just When I was thinking Glass 5 is Trademark for Xiaomi Phones

Gorilla Glass 3 isn't bad, most A series uses that. It is very strong but prone to scratches. The. 5 is a balance of every thing. The Glass 6 is also prone to scratches

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gogeekish(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2021
Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition sold!

Now a Mi 11 user...

Never going back to Redmi series...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shopwiser: 8:03am On Mar 05, 2021
iamNegro:

I am part of the school of thought that believes Note 10s and Note 10 5g will sell, why?

Note 10s has a better camera sensor, better selfie, better build, better display, faster charging, stereo speakers.

The only preference for note 9s will be the SD 720g over G95 that is not even a slacker. It is better than G90 which was a powerhouse.

The redmi note 10 5g is futuristic with its 5g chipset, 90hz refresh rate, better display, better camera sensors, better selfie, better build, and its Cpu is no slacker
you didn't even mention the amoled screen display and a refresh rate of 60Hz and 120Hz just like the s20
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 8:16am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

God go do am

Ameen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 8:17am On Mar 05, 2021
PureMe01:
abeg make we wait for note 11 pro jare...e go mad pass this redmi note 10pro

Processor wise only sha. This was a big jump
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 8:21am On Mar 05, 2021
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 8:45am On Mar 05, 2021
ityP:

Processor wise only sha. This was a big jump
I will be more than processor wise
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 9:00am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Gorilla Glass 3 isn't bad, most A series uses that. It is very strong but prone to scratches. The. 5 is a balance of every thing. The Glass 6 is also prone to scratches
3 isn't strong, Broke my A30 twice, with just a slight falls... My RN8 on the other hand has fallen way heavier multiple times without a single crack
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by so9cee(f): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2021
pls Is there anyone here using Redmi 9t? How good is the camera and is there a working gcam for it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2021
tasonivan:
3 isn't strong, Broke my A30 twice, with just a slight falls... My RN8 on the other hand has fallen way heavier multiple times without a single crack

Okay. My friends RN9 have survived Great falls. But the most important thing is how you use your phone. Since I started using touchscreen phones I have never for once changed a display.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Okay. My friends RN9 have survived Great falls. But the most important thing is how you use your phone. Since I started using touchscreen phones I have never for once changed a display.
TRUE.. But we don't plan for these things,,, One can decide to be as careful as a god. But if Village people wan treat your F'up, dem go treat am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2021
poco x3 users in the mud
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 9:44am On Mar 05, 2021
gremp:

On point, this will accelerate the emergence of new innovations because xiaomi and every other company have to best this next year.
Xiaomi has really upset the power balance of lower midrange segment with the note 10 series. I doubt samsung and the like can do better with the flagship mi 11 which is in the segment of Samsung's s FE model busy competing with the flagship s20 series.
Good to see more Gurus in the house, but can you kindly explain the bolded.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by victorix(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2021
so9cee:
pls Is there anyone here using Redmi 9t? How good is the camera and is there a working gcam for it?

I'm not using it, but I know someone using it. The device is nice in every aspect except camera. The camera can be fixed with Gcam. Yes, there's a working Gcam for it, but my friend tried a lot of Gcam before found he one that works. Apart from that, the phone is great. It feels light for a 6000mah phone.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Squirrel01: 10:05am On Mar 05, 2021
Good morning redmi family, please I need suggestions on this ear dot ,how good is it ?my budget is 13k

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:06am On Mar 05, 2021
Squirrel01:
Good morning redmi family, please I need suggestions on this ear dot ,how good is it ?my budget is 13k

Are you sure this is original. The naming get as e be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8229) (8230) (8231) (8232) (8233) (8234) (8235) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.