Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9184943 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8231) (8232) (8233) (8234) (8235) (8236) (8237) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
saintruky:

See my NL font as attached...

Fonts don't work on Chrome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
donforeign:
Which good xiaomi can I get for 70k ?

Poco M3, Redmi 9 or Redmi 9t
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2021
Tiger2020:
I even prefer side fingerprint to under display

Me too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
sunshineV:
all these amoled and no on screen fingerprint
There's nothing exceptional about on screen fingerprints..
Am using one but if given a choice,I would go back to the traditional fingerprint scanner on the back..
Much ado about nothing.. shocked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
Crespodinho:
Hi, please i need urgently

Send me a whatsapp message, number is on my signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2021
DarkJeddi:
There's nothing exceptional about on screen fingerprints..
Am using one but if given a choice,I would go back to the traditional fingerprint scanner on the back..
Much ado about nothing.. shocked

Redmi K40/Pro says hi.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2021
OllyFair:
Nha them, you done start. Don't compare iPhone camera with any Xiaomi Phone. They're not mate in all ramification.

LMFAO guy wetin you dey talk. Na this kind mentality dey make me ignore and avoid talking about phone tech with technology unsavvy people.

A month ago or so my colleague at work was praising iPhone camera and the likes, only to show me a pic he took with his friend's iPhone 7 few years back or so.

I see pictures I dey laff for my mind. I can bet my note 9S murder that pic anyday anytime.

I was even asking the guy to be sure if it was Indeed iPhone 7. He said yes. I asked if he used WhatsApp or other messaging apps to send the pic to his phone that might have messed it up with compression but he said no. He sent it directly. Even he sef know for him mind jejely that pic na crap compared to mine, cos he uses my phone for snapping pics.

I hardly use my phone for pics but I know say that phone go struggle seriously pic wise. grin

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintruky(m): 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Fonts don't work on Chrome

Oh okay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FryMosquito: 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2021
donforeign:
Which good xiaomi can I get for 70k ?
Poco M3 or Redmi 9t.. Jumia dey run tech week promo this week, you will get it cheaper there now

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2021
OllyFair:
Nha them, you done start. Don't compare iPhone camera with any Xiaomi Phone. They're not mate in all ramification.

E pain am grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2021
sunshineV:
all these amoled and no on screen fingerprint

Mi A3 been carry on screen fingerprint. E slow eh. I no like on screen fingerprint lie lie

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MMXX: 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
MMXX:
What's the latest miui update plz.cos I got this
found it cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Say any Xiaomi phone like you have used the Mi 10 Ultra or the Mi 10 Pro to beat your chest and say any Xiaomi phone. Been brand brainwashed is not good.

The RN10 Pro is good but is it better than the iPhone 12 not really. It's Ultrawide isn't as good as the iPhone 12 but the main camera goes back and forth with the 12. If you know say 12 Pro that is another thing.

The main camera matches the iPhone 12 tbh. Even night mode is on par on the main camera
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

Good luck in your exams.

Same here bro. Just the Earpiece compatibility.

Thanks grin
What's the right one to get tho? The earpiece, that'll give me no compatibility issues whatsoever grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by so9cee(f): 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
okay thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by so9cee(f): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2021
victorix:

I'm not using it, but I know someone using it. The device is nice in every aspect except camera. The camera can be fixed with Gcam. Yes, there's a working Gcam for it, but my friend tried a lot of Gcam before found he one that works. Apart from that, the phone is great. It feels light for a 6000mah phone.

thanks but Is the Gcam output as great as the Redmi note 7 cos I'm planning on getting it at the end of the month and am really concerned about the camera.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crespodinho(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2021
Done boss

Meister:

Send me a whatsapp message, number is on my signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2021
so9cee:

thanks but Is the Gcam output as great as the Redmi note 7 cos I'm planning on getting it at the end of the month and am really concerned about the camera.

Never compare a normal Redmi or the Poco M3 series with a note series. E get why.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
[quote author=OllyFair post=99626257] Nha them, you done start. Don't compare iPhone camera with any Xiaomi Phone. They're not mate in all ramification. check this camera comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04P7HfW77-o

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
Make you na buy what's best for you na....shoooo. like my oga Jeff talk am for his channel, if I need "extraordinary" photo, I enter studio.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by so9cee(f): 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Never compare a normal Redmi or the Poco M3 series with a note series. E get why.

Lol.okay, so can u suggest a phone with a good camera and battery for 70k. Emphasis on the camera cos I'm a fashion designer and i need it to take really cool pictures of my works.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
so9cee:

Lol.okay, so can u suggest a phone with a good camera and battery for 70k. Emphasis on the camera cos I'm a fashion designer and i need it to take really cool pictures of my works.

Are you willing to get it fairly used?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2021
so9cee:

Like I always say at that price, the quality is in tandem with what you pay for. The camera is good for it's price GCam can only help a little.

If your emphasis is on Camera 70k shouldn't be your budget
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 8:22pm On Mar 05, 2021
SAMBHOSS:

Thanks grin
What's the right one to get tho? The earpiece, that'll give me no compatibility issues whatsoever grin

If you got the dough to shell out. Try out the KZ ZSN PRO or KZ ZSN.

As for me I'm tired of wired headsets for now. I'm porting fully to TWS ear pods when the dough dey. I dey budget like 8-12k. Na austerity period wey dey now na wetin just dey delay. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by so9cee(f): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Like I always say at that price, the quality is in tandem with what you pay for. The camera is good for it's price GCam can only help a little.

If your emphasis is on Camera 70k shouldn't be your budget

okay, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

LMFAO guy wetin you dey talk. Na this kind mentality dey make me ignore and avoid talking about phone tech with technology unsavvy people.

A month ago or so my colleague at work was praising iPhone camera and the likes, only to show me a pic he took with his friend's iPhone 7 few years back or so.

I see pictures I dey laff for my mind. I can bet my note 9S murder that pic anyday anytime.

I was even asking the guy to be sure if it was Indeed iPhone 7. He said yes. I asked if he used WhatsApp or other messaging apps to send the pic to his phone that might have messed it up with compression but he said no. He sent it directly. Even he sef know for him mind jejely that pic na crap compared to mine, cos he uses my phone for snapping pics.

I hardly use my phone for pics but I know say that phone go struggle seriously pic wise. grin

LOL. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
IPhone and xiaomi phones aren't on the same level as regards processing and camera wise. The gap is legendary.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
Plead:

IPhone and xiaomi phones aren't on the same level as regards processing and camera wise. The gap is legendary.

Hogwash. The question is which Xiaomi phone camera and processor are you comparing with the Apple, a Redmi Note 9s?

Come on. Get a Mi 10 Ultra and speak with authority.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Hogwash. The question is which Xiaomi phone camera and processor are you comparing with the Apple, a Redmi Note 9s?

Come on. Get a Mi 10 Ultra and speak with authority.

You want to compare Mi 10 Ultra camera with IPhone 12pro max camera? cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
Plead:

You want to compare Mi 10 Ultra camera with IPhone 12pro max camera? cheesy

Go and see for yourself. They don't call the Mi 10 Ultra a phone that never got out for nothing.

I don't deal in because it is this then it must be better. Technology don't work that way.

There are people who no matter how you talk to them they will tell you that HP Laptops are the best when they are not. You fall in that category, no offence intended.

I will add this, if someone comes to me and says he needs a phone for making videos, I will be the first to point them in the direction of iPhones but when it comes to still photography they aren't the best.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2021
Plead:

tbh my friends xiaomi mi a3 with gcam destroyed iphone 11 camera.. live test with both phones for school.. gcam a beast especially when you have a Sony sensor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:46pm On Mar 05, 2021
Emjace:
tbh my friends xiaomi mi a3 with gcam destroyed iphone 11 camera.. live test with both phones for school.. gcam a beast especially when you have a Sony sensor

GCam asides, if you haven't used a flagship phone from Xiaomi you won't appreciate their giant leaps in the photography department.

As at the Mi 9, i won't really put them in this discussion. But from the Mi Note 10 Pro, Mi 10 Pro and Ultra they switched things up.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
Plead:

Legendary?? LMFAO.... against which model of Xiaomi phones?

Oga I call this BS. So you're telling me a phone of 4 yrs ago will trash a midranger in 2020? In this day and age of smartphone photography? Baba you dey joke abeg. Abi you think say na Tecno or Shïtfinix you dey compare.

I bet you're amongst the school of thought who thinks iPhones are the best smartphone for photography when Huawei have been owning everybody for the past 3 years. Heck, even Google pixel phones will beat iPhone same year counterpart anyday anytime.

Have you heard of the Mi 10 Ultra or Mi 10T Pro?
The ultra na Beast.

iPhone only slightly does better in Videos.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8231) (8232) (8233) (8234) (8235) (8236) (8237) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.