Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9222788 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8230) (8231) (8232) (8233) (8234) (8235) (8236) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2021
Any way to reduce the resolution of my screen recorder, only 54 secs and I'm seeing 61mb or so....

E too much na sad

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Squirrel01: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Are you sure this is original. The naming get as e be.

Lol. I'm open to suggestions aside this posted brand.thwnk you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 10:27am On Mar 05, 2021
Squirrel01:
Good morning redmi family, please I need suggestions on this ear dot ,how good is it ?my budget is 13k
na xiaomi produce dis 1?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 10:34am On Mar 05, 2021
all these amoled and no on screen fingerprint
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:36am On Mar 05, 2021
Squirrel01:

Lol. I'm open to suggestions aside this posted brand.thwnk you

Xiaomi makes good TWS but that first one you posted is fake. There is no model name on it.

There is Mi Air 2, QCY T11, QCY T10, Haylou GT3, Haylou GT5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:39am On Mar 05, 2021
sunshineV:
all these amoled and no on screen fingerprint

1. There is no rule that states that Amoleds must have an under display(UD) FP readers

2. UD FP readers are slower

3. It is better to have a fast and efficient fingerprint reader than have a cheap one under the display that is a hit or miss.

4. Having no FP under display is a smart move if you want to save cost.

5. The Redmi K40 series with a higher ranking also ditched the UD FP readers so it is a direction they obviously want to take this year.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:40am On Mar 05, 2021
sunshineV:
na xiaomi produce dis 1?

That first one is obviously a fake.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 10:42am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

That first one is obviously a fake.
grin omo all these fake product dey disguise
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 10:44am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

1. There is no rule that states that Amoleds must have an under display(UD) FP readers

3. It is better to have a fast and efficient fingerprint reader than have a cheap one under the display that is a hit or miss.

5. The Redmi K40 series with a higher ranking also ditched the UD FP readers so it is a direction they obviously want to take this year.
UD FP is just my fetish...i love dat shii
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holiegrail2: 11:16am On Mar 05, 2021
Goodmorning House.
Please how do I stop my phone from tripping off during phone calls, whatsapp calls, and while trying to play/listen to voice notes?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2021
sunshineV:
UD FP is just my fetish...i love dat shii

Na wetin you for first talk.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2021
Holiegrail2:
Goodmorning House.
Please how do I stop my phone from tripping off during phone calls, whatsapp calls, and while trying to play/listen to voice notes?

Which phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

6.) Getting rid of UD FP scanner also makes the phone slimmer.

Also, for UD FP to work almost as efficiently as side-mounted FP, it has to be high-end, which will increase cost.

Overall, side-mounted is far better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2021
DeNoble001:
Any way to reduce the resolution of my screen recorder, only 54 secs and I'm seeing 61mb or so....

E too much na sad

Anything lesser than this will not be clear.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holiegrail2: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Which phone?

Redmi note 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2021
Holiegrail2:

Redmi note 9

Download full ROM and Re-install.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 11:46am On Mar 05, 2021
ityP:

The camera actually performs on par or even better in some instances than the iPhone 12 o. This phone over maketh sense
Nha them, you done start. Don't compare iPhone camera with any Xiaomi Phone. They're not mate in all ramification.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crespodinho(m): 11:48am On Mar 05, 2021
Hi, please i need urgently

Meister:

Sweet phone, I have the screen and camera protector is you're interested
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Squirrel01: 11:58am On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Xiaomi makes good TWS but that first one you posted is fake. There is no model name on it.

Alright thank you I appreciate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:
Reviews from one of my favourite Techtablets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Wjn-DNXwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiFlc61rVQ
my no one tech master, always unbiased

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
OllyFair:
Nha them, you done start. Don't compare iPhone camera with any Xiaomi Phone. They're not mate in all ramification.

That's not a rule of thumb, mi 10 ultra has been ranked higher than some of the Iphone counterparts in the camera department by some reputable outfits.

Just because they make cheaper products doesn't mean all what they make can't be compared to the likes of Samsung and Iphone.

The only smartphone on top in terms of camera right now is the huawei mate and p series, those people break their limits every year smh.

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
OllyFair:

Say any Xiaomi phone like you have used the Mi 10 Ultra or the Mi 10 Pro to beat your chest and say any Xiaomi phone. Been brand brainwashed is not good.

The RN10 Pro is good but is it better than the iPhone 12 not really. It's Ultrawide isn't as good as the iPhone 12 but the main camera goes back and forth with the 12. If you know say 12 Pro that is another thing.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
gremp:

That's not a rule of thumb, mi 10 ultra has been ranked higher than some of the Iphone counterparts in the camera department by some reputable outfits.

Just because they make cheaper products doesn't mean all what they make can't be compared to the likes of Samsung and Iphone.

The only smartphone on top in terms of camera right now is the huawei mate and p series, those people break their limits every year smh.

Not some all iPhone 12 series are beneath it in a lot of aspects except Video Recording (iPhones takes more consistent videos)

The bottom line of the reasoning is because it is Apple or Samsung it is supposed to be better than any other thing even if it is not so.

Same thing applies to Mercedes Benz freaks who believes that no car company is as good as mercedes when it is a lie.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donforeign: 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
Which good xiaomi can I get for 70k ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

I even prefer side fingerprint to under display

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Anonimoss: 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
Where can I get a redmi note 7 or 8?

Anyone who has for sale please mention me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Good to see more Gurus in the house, but can you kindly explain the bolded.

Oh okay, I meant that with the Mi 11 launching in europe at €749 which is comparable to the S20 FE's price of the LTE base variant of this device starts at 649 euro while the 8GB and 256GB model is priced at 719 euro. The Galaxy S20 FE 5G costs 749 and 819 euro for the 6/128GB and 8/256GB configurations.
But the mi 11 has the specs to rival or subdue the s21 series which is priced higher.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintruky(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
enigma0:

. worked perfectly on mine

See my NL font as attached...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Not some all iPhone 12 series are beneath it in a lot of aspects except Video Recording (iPhones takes more consistent videos)

The bottom line of the reasoning is because it is Apple or Samsung it is supposed to be better than any other thing even if it is not so.

Same thing applies to Mercedes Benz freaks who believes that no car company is as good as mercedes when it is a lie.

Yeap, that line of reasoning of "Because it has been existing for a long time or is expensive therefore it's better" is one that is prevalent in many people's minds.
Just like the 'supreme sticker' memes.
One can't just apply the word 'best' generally at all times, there are subcategories, Is mercedes benz of the best luxury performance brands?, Yes, Are their cars one of the best reliable cars?, No.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
gremp:

Oh okay, I meant that with the Mi 11 launching in europe at €749 which is comparable to the S20 FE's price of the LTE base variant of this device starts at 649 euro while the 8GB and 256GB model is priced at 719 euro. The Galaxy S20 FE 5G costs 749 and 819 euro for the 6/128GB and 8/256GB configurations.
But the mi 11 has the specs to rival or subdue the s21 series which is priced higher.

Got it, well done sir...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
genius43:

Please, do you have an idea for the price Range for MI Airdots? And which is Best
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
tasonivan:
Please, do you have an idea for the price Range for MI Airdots? And which is Best

Nope, it mostly depends on the model and where you are buying from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8230) (8231) (8232) (8233) (8234) (8235) (8236) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.