Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9245359 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8236) (8237) (8238) (8239) (8240) (8241) (8242) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PowersthatBe: 4:52am On Mar 07, 2021
Lovelynife:

is it for sale?

Yes o. Please chat me up... Reply with your digits let me contact you. Everything still clean and barely a week old. Mine is the "Sunrise Orange"

I love the colour and body build so much. Na all these things I discover just the disappoint me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 4:54am On Mar 07, 2021
gremp:

Oh okay, I meant that with the Mi 11 launching in europe at €749 which is comparable to the S20 FE's price of the LTE base variant of this device starts at 649 euro while the 8GB and 256GB model is priced at 719 euro. The Galaxy S20 FE 5G costs 749 and 819 euro for the 6/128GB and 8/256GB configurations.
But the mi 11 has the specs to rival or subdue the s21 series which is priced higher.

Actually the S20 FE costs just over 600.
Even the S21 is like 650 dollars on amazon for the base config.

The S21 will outsell any phone this year by far.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 5:33am On Mar 07, 2021
error4040:

Azin grin

Am not trying to sound biased but I can trust other company MTK specification, but anything from TRANSSION

Tuaaaah!
We dey talk about Real MTK... No be awon p22 merchant grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 6:20am On Mar 07, 2021
error4040:

To my opinion the hot 8 was just a copy of Redmi note 9s, They only rotate the back camera then copied the side mounted fingerprint scan.

What made me more pissed is they refuse to switch from that MTK as if them curse them.

But ram and Storage I respect them for that.

I feel you meant the 'zero 8' not 'hot 8'.

The mtk processors are enough to drive the social media apps their users mostly use, so they don't need to put the latest of the latest of the latest in their phones. That's why the likes of the infinix note 8 can be priced that high and still use a mtk G80 processor with a 720p screen.

Fo ram and storage I feel they're cheaper to obtain than better processors and most of their buyers like to hear those big numbers which are more easier to say and understand than trying to classify all the SoC.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 6:23am On Mar 07, 2021
error4040:

To me I still prefer the Intel than AMD in terms of high end pc or lappy with graphics card.

Okay, but I don't think Intel equipped high end laptops have the long battery life their AMD counterparts have while having the same boost performance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 6:28am On Mar 07, 2021
bennyefosa19:
the realme 7 series is still pretty good because you get so many nice features at a less price. see the battery, camera and mediatek processor specs. then you will know.

They are good but I can't get the best of both worlds (HRR and amoled) at that price point so I'll rather go for the all rounder note 10 series.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 6:30am On Mar 07, 2021
bennyefosa19:
but you can still play high graphic video games on the realme 7 right? because it comes with the helio G95 gaming chipset. it does support heavy usage like that.

Of course, it's using a mtk flagship grade gaming processor.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 6:33am On Mar 07, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

That's my problem with Transsion. They stopped innovation since 2017. The annoying thing is they are the slowest to adopt new tech or trend. Imagine this people still dishing out micro usb 2.0 in 2019 and even without 4G LTE for a phone of almost 50k in 2019!!
Their was even no otg sef. I nearly vex smashed the phone. I really needed that otg feature back then cos there was mammoth movies I wanted to port to usb flash and connect to my TV. I had an obsession for Downloading movies every night, even tho I don't watch up to 10%.

I prayed had in 2017 and was angry Xiaomi wasn't in Nigeria back then. I remember seeing juicy deals online but couldn't purchase cos I had phobia for online buying back then, especially when it's not from Nigeria/Jumia.

I liked the innovative back design for the infinix Zero 8. It was the first time I was seeing Transsion try to innovate in a long while instead of bandwagon.

Transsion only puts what what majority of the needs, no more no less, too efficient.

Yeap, the zero 8 was like a trip down memory lane.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 6:34am On Mar 07, 2021
bennyefosa19:
but you can still play high graphic video games on the realme 7 right? because it comes with the helio G95 gaming chipset. it does support heavy usage like that.

With the way you're really defending the realme 7, have you ordered it? wink .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gremp(m): 6:39am On Mar 07, 2021
Elxandre:

Actually the S20 FE costs just over 600.
Even the S21 is like 650 dollars on amazon for the base config.

The S21 will outsell any phone this year by far.

Yeap, with Xiaomi almost nonexistent in USA which is a major market and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 6:50am On Mar 07, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

Lol, na that Original ear pods be the Koko. That's why I'm patiently also waiting. grin
Omo I know the feeling. Last month the Earpiece I was using then spoil, I just decided to not buy Earpiece. For two and half weeks I begin feel like dead man cos I no hear music, I no watch film. And them just dey jam-pack for phone. Na when I wan go insane na im I vex go buy small #500 Earpiece. grin

If person tell me say I go go two days without hearing music I go say na lie. If person tell me say 1 month I no go Download new music I go say na false prophet. grin life just bitter and boring cos I know say to go buy mumu Earpiece go just distort the feeling.
I dey hate make I dey hear correct song but earphone kill the vibe or dey below par. grin

The songs wey I wan Download na ehn pass 300 sef including Albums. I just dey wait till I get enough cash to buy God-tier earphones. Need no kpalasa' to dilute my joy.
Omo, easy o grin....same way I persevered to buy this 9s from actually wanting to buy just Note 9 is same way I'd get KZ ZSN. E go just take time grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 7:27am On Mar 07, 2021
please when is Note 10 pro coming to Nigeria ? The one that has 108mp camera ... Like when will it be sold rampantly in Nigeria ..?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bestchild: 7:27am On Mar 07, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

That's my problem with Transsion. They stopped innovation since 2017. The annoying thing is they are the slowest to adopt new tech or trend. Imagine this people still dishing out micro usb 2.0 in 2019 and even without 4G LTE for a phone of almost 50k in 2019!!
Their was even no otg sef. I nearly vex smashed the phone. I really needed that otg feature back then cos there was mammoth movies I wanted to port to usb flash and connect to my TV. I had an obsession for Downloading movies every night, even tho I don't watch up to 10%.

I prayed had in 2017 and was angry Xiaomi wasn't in Nigeria back then. I remember seeing juicy deals online but couldn't purchase cos I had phobia for online buying back then, especially when it's not from Nigeria/Jumia.

I liked the innovative back design for the infinix Zero 8. It was the first time I was seeing Transsion try to innovate in a long while instead of bandwagon.
tecno of now can't be compared to tecno of old, them don dey try because of the heat coming from other brands
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Masterdazhem: 7:28am On Mar 07, 2021
Can anyone recommend a Xiaomi phone
My budget is 110k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 7:33am On Mar 07, 2021
Masterdazhem:
Can anyone recommend a Xiaomi phone My budget is 110k
Note9s ..... am currently using it ... I call it powerful machine ... lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 7:34am On Mar 07, 2021
Remmedy:
please when is Note 10 pro coming to Nigeria ? The one that has 108mp camera ... Like when will it be sold rampantly in Nigeria ..?

Someone please answer me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:40am On Mar 07, 2021
Remmedy:

Someone please answer me

No one answered because no one has an answer to this. Wait till Xiaomi Nigeria make their announcement
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:41am On Mar 07, 2021
SAMBHOSS:

Omo, easy o grin....same way I persevered to buy this 9s from actually wanting to buy just Note 9 is same way I'd get KZ ZSN. E go just take time grin
Avail in Ikeja when you're set, bro. The ZSN Pro actually grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 7:43am On Mar 07, 2021
genius43:

No one answered because no one has an answer to this. Wait till Xiaomi Nigeria make their announcement

Okay thanks sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TechyG: 7:53am On Mar 07, 2021
Please how is the battery life of this earbud does it work well with Android, Redmi Note 9 in particular

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:32am On Mar 07, 2021
TechyG:
Please how is the battery life of this earbud does it work well with Android, Redmi Note 9 in particular

They never stated that it works on only iOS, so most if not all TWS are cross platform
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2021
TechyG:
7 hours with Noise cancellation on

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Masterdazhem: 9:17am On Mar 07, 2021
Remmedy:

Note9s ..... am currently using it ... I call it powerful machine ... lol
Ok cool
Any difference between note 9s and note 9pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 9:19am On Mar 07, 2021
bigtt76:
How can I get this type of screen naaa? I'm on MIUI 12 Android 9 RN5 undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13224645_screenshot20210305170345509com_miui_home_jpeg56afe9e2ea9abd4d92d2ab54241abd58

when did you get update for miui12? How do I get mine pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovelynife(m): 9:38am On Mar 07, 2021
Austin67:

My bro I just bought mine yesterday 6th of march, guy it wasn't up to an hour and I am angry. It doesn't have second space despite running on miui 12 embarassed
how wish the distance is not a barrier?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovelynife(m): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2021
PowersthatBe:

Yes o. Please chat me up... Reply with your digits let me contact you. Everything still clean and barely a week old. Mine is the "Sunrise Orange"

I love the colour and body build so much. Na all these things I discover just the disappoint me
zero 8 o22 74 953 one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Austin67(m): 10:07am On Mar 07, 2021
PowersthatBe:

Thank you very much. I also realized this same day I got it... Becuase I copied all the stuff saved on my system from my old note 9s.... to the phone and then was trying to switch to second space( as farmiliar with all Xiaomi devices i have used) before I set things on lock and security..

Lo and behold no second space !! Chai grin cry cry cry angry

Forget that miui 12 whatever... As an OG that have used Xiaomi devices overtime(especially back to back flagships) you will be disappointed with this Redmi 9t... Last last na manage you go just manage am or you sell it...
bro I'm use to Samsung, this is the first time I am buying Xiaomi, in Samsung it's called secured folder, I googled it's features and got second space for Xiaomi, I bought the phone solely for second space now I'm in tears still not up to 24hrs of use[sup][/sup]

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 10:25am On Mar 07, 2021
I got it late January 2021 and someone close to is yet to get on the same phone model. I was going to ask Genius43 for a link but you will need to share your phone's About screen so we know the correct version to link you up with.

nwaobitex:
when did you get update for miui12? How do I get mine pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:39am On Mar 07, 2021
Austin67:
bro I'm use to Samsung, this is the first time I am buying Xiaomi, in Samsung it's called secured folder, I googled it's features and got second space for Xiaomi, I bought the phone solely for second space now I'm in tears still not up to 24hrs of use[sup][/sup]

Second Space use lots of resources and tend to misbehave on many budget devices so I think they now don't put it on every phone.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pheranme9(m): 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
I dey Reason this airpod too I'm also using Redmi note 9
TechyG:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintruky(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
enigma0:

worked partially on mine...

E work well for ma music n other apps...

However, haven updated my RN9s to d latest version, what next?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Good afternoon, I opened a dispute after BPP expired, i didn't get the item, is as if AliExpress us supporting the seller, even from d update it didn't get to Nigeria, pls what should I do

(1) (2) (3) ... (8236) (8237) (8238) (8239) (8240) (8241) (8242) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.