Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9245450 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8237) (8238) (8239) (8240) (8241) (8242) (8243) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
bigtt76:
I got it late January 2021 and someone close to is yet to get on the same phone model. I was going to ask Genius43 for a link but you will need to share your phone's About screen so we know the correct version to link you up with.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bbdot(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2021
Pls I need gcam for xiaomi redmi note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
Elxandre:

Actually the S20 FE costs just over 600.
Even the S21 is like 650 dollars on amazon for the base config.

The S21 will outsell any phone this year by far.

No offense but na lie!!

How S21 wanna outsell other phones this year.

Samsung's best selling phones gas always been the A series in recent years. Eg. A51, A30.

I still don't see that changing. For flagships, the iPhone 12 still looking very potent and dominant.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=nwaobitex post=99681163][/quote]

You did that third-quarter update.

The MIUI 12 update was rolled back but you can try

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.2.0.PEIMIXM/miui_HMNote5Global_V12.0.2.0.PEIMIXM_e714180088_9.0.zip
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
Bbdot:
Pls I need gcam for xiaomi redmi note 7

Check compilation thread, link in first page or contact maclawrence02
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
kemshade:
Good afternoon, I opened a dispute after BPP expired, i didn't get the item, is as if AliExpress us supporting the seller, even from d update it didn't get to Nigeria, pls what should I do
someone should pls help me with this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2021
kemshade:

How do you want us to help? You didn't share any details of dispute resolution.

Also how many tracking results did you share when filing for dispute?

Usually you hardly win a dispute filed immediately BPP is expiring.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
kemshade:
From aliexpress judgement details, seems your package has arrived in your post Office. If the tracking information shows that, they'll never accept your refund request.

I suggest you track using track24 website. And post a screenshot of the latest update on nairaland let's see if it has truly landed.

I hope your item was not too expensive tho. I once had an item that showed "Arrived in destination country" but never got to me. I just assumed that something must have happened to the package from lagos to ogun state where I suppose collect am. I didn't bother opening dispute cos tracking showed it has landed in Nigeria (I knew I couldn't win).. Although another reason I could bone it is that it was a cheap item...maybe bought with coupon sef.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
genius43:

How do you want us to help? You didn't share any details of dispute resolution.

Also how many tracking results did you share when filing for dispute?

Usually you hardly win a dispute filed immediately BPP is expiring.
The seller extended the BPP but I opened dispute immediately the 90days was completed

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kennyflyair:

From aliexpress judgement details, seems your package has arrived in your post Office. If the tracking information shows that, they'll never accept your refund request.

I suggest you track using track24 website. And post a screenshot of the latest update on nairaland let's see if it has truly landed.

I hope your item was not too expensive tho. I once had an item that showed "Arrived in destination country" but never got to me. I just assumed that something must have happened to the package from lagos to ogun state where I suppose collect am. I didn't bother opening dispute cos tracking showed it has landed in Nigeria (I knew I couldn't win).. Although another reason I could bone it is that it was a cheap item...maybe bought with coupon sef.

The item is a Xiaomi note 9s , from the tracking on track 24 is not showing is in Nigeria, I bought it from goldway.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
kemshade:

The item is a Xiaomi note 9s , from the tracking on track 24 is not showing is in Nigeria, I bought it from goldway.

This is the tracking details you should have used, this and cainiao.

You can also go to your post office to track the item for you and use that result as evidence that it never came.

Next time when it involves a phone avoid AE. I rather buy locally at a higher price than go through this stress.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1000angstroms(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
PowersthatBe:
I REGRET BUYING REDMI 9T. I should have even gone for REDMI Note 8 Pro base on my research. Who knows I would have been impressed altleast... base on previous user experience... Nonsense

Mind you, This is coming from someone that has used Redmi Note 7 from 2019 to 2020, REDMI Note 9S from 2020 to 2021!

I got the 9t about 5 days ago. And honestly. Everything started getting me mad only about 5 hours from using the phone.

From the poor unexpected resolution quality (as I had not expected with Xiaomi) to the the disrupting Hotspot connection network that fluctuates so bad I wanted to smash my PC(had an important admission proposal Letter I was working on)and then to the couarse selfie camera...

Damn it...

Even the Redmi note 4 I got in 2017 delivered specs more than this!!!!! Honestly... Gosh angry angry angry sad sad

I just hope I am using the real redmi 9t!!! Abi na only me the experience this thing like this?
Ogami nawa you oooo
So you used note 9s and downgraded to 9t, didn't you see the only selling thing for 9t is the big battery and noting else. You really Bleep imho but noting spoil, you fit find buyer add better money get the new note 10 pro that came with 108mp, the 4 g variant. You go enjoy am. Am using note 9 pro so won't change phone till next two years., I came from redmi 6 pro to this, so my next change will be to note 12 pro.

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
genius43:

You can also go to your post office to track the item for you and use that result as evidence that it never came.

Next time when it involves a phone avoid AE. I rather buy locally at a higher price than go through this stress.
ok, can I still appeal but I also used the tracking from AliExpress website and it was still rejected
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wildlife9999(m): 3:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
genius43:

Some of this phone is available locally. Why not buy from official store with warranty
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
wildlife9999:

Some of this phone is available locally. Why not buy from official store with warranty
that was a mistake, I don't know if I should appeal now cos have been tracking is still showing despatch to transit country
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
1000angstroms:

Ogami nawa you oooo
So you used note 9s and downgraded to 9t, didn't you see the only selling thing for 9t is the big battery and noting else. You really Bleep imho but noting spoil, you fit find buyer add better money get the new note 10 pro that came with 108mp, the 4 g variant. You go enjoy am. Am using note 9 pro so won't change phone till next two years., I came from redmi 6 pro to this, so my next change will be to note 12 pro.

The bolded is the summary of everything. How do you go from a note to an ordinary Redmi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

Boss I know that Xiaomi also use such for their low grade series. The key word being LOW GRADE/ BUDGET. Xiaomi definitely can't use usb 2.0 in about 70% of their devices. Something I can't say for the whole Transsion brand. In fact over 95% of Transsion devices are usb 2.0 even their expensive phones.

I see that as a red flag and unseriousness and a lack of progression.

The most annoying thing is a device of mid 2019 not coming with any of: USB OTG, 4G LTE or USB 2.0(although this is excusable) for a price of #50k. Haba!! Even Nokia that I know to be one of the most stingy OEM's can't do this shït. At least they'll still incorporate 4G LTE even if it's the most basic version.

That thing is what I can't forgive. Since then my hate for that brand just grew ten fold even tho I was still a user then.

The way you're calling the #50k like it's big money lol. cheesy
If you want a device with those features then you have to spend more.

Quality = Money.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
PowersthatBe:
I REGRET BUYING REDMI 9T. I should have even gone for REDMI Note 8 Pro base on my research. Who knows I would have been impressed altleast... base on previous user experience... Nonsense

Mind you, This is coming from someone that has used Redmi Note 7 from 2019 to 2020, REDMI Note 9S from 2020 to 2021!

I got the 9t about 5 days ago. And honestly. Everything started getting me mad only about 5 hours from using the phone.

From the poor unexpected resolution quality (as I had not expected with Xiaomi) to the the disrupting Hotspot connection network that fluctuates so bad I wanted to smash my PC(had an important admission proposal Letter I was working on)and then to the couarse selfie camera...

Damn it...

Even the Redmi note 4 I got in 2017 delivered specs more than this!!!!! Honestly... Gosh angry angry angry sad sad

I just hope I am using the real redmi 9t!!! Abi na only me the experience this thing like this?

Lo. See this guy.

Redmi Note 4 and note 5 are good phones. Because they were made 3 - 4 years doesn't mean you should look down on them. Redmi Note 4 will perform better than any ordinary redmi device you bring forth, including the redmi 9.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Note>>Ordinary redmi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
genius43:

The bolded is the summary of everything. How do you go from a note to an ordinary Redmi.
Bro looking at the dollar price of the new Note 10pro, Do you think it will go above 120k here in Naira (6/128 GB variant)?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
micxwell:

Bro looking at the dollar price of the new Note 10pro, Do you think it will go above 120k here in Naira (6/128 GB variant)?
Why wouldn't it be? It is the fault of our Naira nothing we can do about it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
genius43:

Why wouldn't it be? It is the fault of our Naira nothing we can do about it.

hmm, thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
IngeniousLeez:

No offense but na lie!!

How S21 wanna outsell other phones this year.

Samsung's best selling phones gas always been the A series in recent years. Eg. A51, A30.

I still don't see that changing. For flagships, the iPhone 12 still looking very potent and dominant.
It would outsell other android flagships I mean.
They've been moving plenty units since launch sef.
Their biggest volume since s8 series.
Pricing a Samsung flagship for less than 700$ is a massive move considering how expensive the competition is. Only the mi 11 is closely priced but we know the Samsung appeal.

Well I was talking about only android though as we all know, people hardly switch OS platforms.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PowersthatBe: 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2021
1000angstroms:

Ogami nawa you oooo

Your comment made my day. grin Thanks man.. it's exactly what I intend to do.. have an idea if note 10 pro now available in Nigeria?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PowersthatBe: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
Plead:

Lo. See this guy.

Redmi Note 4 and note 5 are good phones. Because they were made 3 - 4 years doesn't mean you should look down on them. Redmi Note 4 will perform better than any ordinary redmi device you bring forth, including the redmi 9.

We are all making thesame point man. I am never downgrading those phones.....more so I have learnt something new with the experience
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Masterdazhem: 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
1000angstroms:

Ogami nawa you oooo

Bro what's the difference between note 9s and note 9 pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by victorix(m): 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2021
PowersthatBe:

Damn it...

The only thing I noticed about the redmi 9t is its poor camera and no second space. Everything else is okay. It even plays COD in the highest graphics. Dual speakers is also nice. Lol, you actually came from note 9s to 9t? Hope you weren't expecting a better experience. Hahaha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
kemshade:
that was a mistake, I don't know if I should appeal now cos have been tracking is still showing despatch to transit country
Sorry about your ordeal.
1. If AliExpress wants to be m*d, no matter the number of sites you uploaded to buttress your claim, they'll reject it. I've had similar experience and went as far as appealing it but it was rejected.

Unfortunately, this case is a phone, seller might not want to reason with you cuz of what's involved.

Be hopeful that it'll land. My item then, landed 12* days after.

What I think you can do in this case is to reach out to your PO, explain to them and ask if they can give you a "item not received" note. Not all POs will give this though while some will need to get confirmation from IMPC before issuing it for you. If you're lucky and able to get this within 5 workdays, appeal the dispute and attach it as evidence. That's the only evidence that can change AliExpress decision after that response they've given.

All the best.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phayteprecious1(f): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
Good evening, between redmi 9t and poco me which one is better?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
Phayteprecious1:
Good evening, between redmi 9t and poco me which one is better?
Redmi 9T if camera is important.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
kemshade:

I want you to know that ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST YET. You can still appeal... just look for way to present your evidence that the item didn't arrive.

There was a time I had to make a video of the tracking Info. I used screen recorder and scrolled from beginning to the end of my tracking info. My refund was first declined but after presenting the evidence, they agreed.

So you may need to paste the tracking number on different tracking sites, screenshot/video the info... especially the last tracking update...

Screenshot and Video is the way to get their attention.

Like Genius said, maybe you can go to post Office to tell them to track for you. maybe they will even provide you with a screenshot or printout you can upload as evidence.

I wish you the best. Na one of the reasons I hate aliexpress be this. But we can't do without them.

TRY ALL YOU CAN, MONEY MUST NOT GO LIKE THAT.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dblackninja: 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
Hey guys, help needed.
Which good Xiaomi phone can I get around 170k?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8237) (8238) (8239) (8240) (8241) (8242) (8243) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.