Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9199643 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8457) (8458) (8459) (8460) (8461) (8462) (8463) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by forke(m): 2:01am On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

1. Second Space ( not advisable as it uses more resources )

2. Game Turbo

3. Floating Window (Drag an app from the bottom to the far right corner to minimize and use another app simultaneously) See attached screenshot.

4. Themes – to change the overall look of your device. Search for "iOS Freedom". You'll like it.

5.Dual apps. Check under the Security app on your phone.

6. Just so you don't complain that apps are closing when you go back to them, go to Security – Boost Memory – Settings Icon – Locked Apps. Then lock any app you want to keep running in the background.

7. Endeavour to reset your phone once in a while. I do this at least once in 6 months. It will make your device fresh again.

8. Change fonts. Search for "Region" in settings and set yours to India. The go to the Themes app to download any font you like. The one in the attached screenshot is "Cool Jazz", peculiar with Samsung phones. You'll also like "Handleee Regular 3".

9. Don't install unnecessary apps. Many platforms can be accessed through the web, even a little more intuitively with Chrome. There's no award given for having over 600 apps on your phone as some unscrupulous elements here claim. Your phone is Redmi Note 10, a midrange device. Keep that in mind. If not for our useless Naira. This phone would sell a little above 60k or even less.
Use lite version of apps you barely use.

Enjoy your device.

Thanks for the info man, I really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aysnoopy(m): 4:54am On Jun 13, 2021
Please Xiaomite, I want to ask a question.
If I skip like 1 or 2 updates and another update pop in, can I download and install the new update or I'll have to first of all update all the missed updates I skipped before downloading the new update?

I still have one more question after this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:56am On Jun 13, 2021
aysnoopy:
If I skip like 1 or 2 updates and another update pop in, can I download and install the new update or I'll have to first of all update all the missed updates I skipped before downloading the new update?

There are some updates you can't do without the version before it.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 5:19am On Jun 13, 2021
aysnoopy:

Xiaomite, TF is that?.. Trying to remember if I've ever heard iPhone or Samsung users call themselves iPhonenite or Samsungians before. LOL
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NigeriaBam: 7:31am On Jun 13, 2021
amnwa:
Guys I have Glo unlimited data and Airtel daily 500mb. If you need it just checking my signature.

Thank God ... As Giveaway.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amnwa(m): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2021
NigeriaBam:

Thank God ... As Giveaway.

Lol I wil do one day trial for everyone to try it. So it won't be like scam. If you need it. Chat me up via my signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ItzEminence(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2021
Hii everyone, My Redmi Note 9 charger got burnt due to generator malfunction (smokes came out from it), but when I plugged it back it continue charging, and has been working for like a week before it started malfunctioning, not being stable, it will charge and stops, repeatedly.
Pls kindly recommend a good charger for replacement, should be from 18W.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StylesX: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

1. Second Space ( not advisable as it uses more resources )

2. Game Turbo

3. Floating Window (Drag an app from the bottom to the far right corner to minimize and use another app simultaneously) See attached screenshot.

4. Themes – to change the overall look of your device. Search for "iOS Freedom". You'll like it.

5.Dual apps. Check under the Security app on your phone.

6. Just so you don't complain that apps are closing when you go back to them, go to Security – Boost Memory – Settings Icon – Locked Apps. Then lock any app you want to keep running in the background.

7. Endeavour to reset your phone once in a while. I do this at least once in 6 months. It will make your device fresh again.

8. Change fonts. Search for "Region" in settings and set yours to India. The go to the Themes app to download any font you like. The one in the attached screenshot is "Cool Jazz", peculiar with Samsung phones. You'll also like "Handleee Regular 3".

9. Don't install unnecessary apps. Many platforms can be accessed through the web, even a little more intuitively with Chrome. There's no award given for having over 600 apps on your phone as some unscrupulous elements here claim. Your phone is Redmi Note 10, a midrange device. Keep that in mind. If not for our useless Naira. This phone would sell a little above 60k or even less.
Use lite version of apps you barely use.

Enjoy your device.
What's the name of your font please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2021
StylesX:
What's the name of your font please.

Check (8.)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StylesX: 8:41am On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

Check (8.)
thanks, Can't find the font though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shayhun31: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2021
Blazing like fire
amnwa:
Guys I have Glo unlimited data and Airtel daily 500mb. If you need it just checking my signature.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gbosah91(m): 9:04am On Jun 13, 2021
My redmi note 9 pro always take long to reboot, today i rebooted my phone and it stuck at that miui for like 7 min. I have to hard reboot twice before my phone come up. What is likely the cause. Note I'm on android 11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 9:06am On Jun 13, 2021
StylesX:
thanks, Can't find the font though.
It's there. I just downloaded one.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2021
genius43:

Solved on MIUI 12.5.3
Was the battery drain at standby resolved too?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2021
leTrizzle:

Was the battery drain at standby resolved too?

I think so. The temperature has come down and battery life improved.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2021
gbosah91:
My redmi note 9 pro always take long to reboot, today i rebooted my phone and it stuck at that miui for like 7 min. I have to hard reboot twice before my phone come up. What is likely the cause. Note I'm on android 11

When last did you reboot your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:10am On Jun 13, 2021
ItzEminence:
Hii everyone, My Redmi Note 9 charger got burnt due to generator malfunction (smokes came out from it), but when I plugged it back it continue charging, and has been working for like a week before it started malfunctioning, not being stable, it will charge and stops, repeatedly.

Contact Jboixxx

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2021
genius43:

I think so. The temperature has come down and battery life improved.
Coolies! Na to update sharply be that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2021
leTrizzle:

Coolies! Na to update sharply be that.

The update is manual. I have shared the link some days back.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StylesX: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2021
sandammy:

It's there. I just downloaded one.
I know how to download fonts I just want the name of that particular font.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2021
StylesX:
I know how to download fonts I just want the name of that particular font.
Read number 8 of his post again. The names are in qoute
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Habiodunz(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2021
Guys help please
My phone is having a frequent touch problem
It randomly press itself sometimes till I lock the screen and it goes back to normal then starts again after few minutes
The phone didn't have any dramatic fall or whatever even tho it fell inside water like 5 months ago and nothing happened but this started happening like 2 weeks ago

Redmi note 9 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amnwa(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Habiodunz:
Guys help please
It randomly press itself sometimes till I lock the screen and it goes back to normal then starts again after few minutes
The phone didn't have any dramatic fall or whatever even tho it fell inside water like 5 months ago and nothing happened but this started happening like 2 weeks ago

Redmi note 9 pro

Experiencing same on my 9s. Since the update. Happens randomly tho and screen right side jus freezes.

I jus hate this update. Even my whatsapp images disappeared
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 10:24am On Jun 13, 2021
Habiodunz:
Guys help please

Redmi note 9 pro

It's a software bug. I've experienced it twice or so. It's gonna be fixed with the next update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:46am On Jun 13, 2021
ItzEminence:
Good morning and sorry about your burnt charger.

I have 18w, 24, 30 and 65w chargers.

For direct call or message, Click Me or check my signature.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gbosah91(m): 11:16am On Jun 13, 2021
I didn't reboot after updating my phone to android 11 last week Monday
genius43:

When last did you reboot your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2021
gbosah91:
I didn't reboot after updating my phone to android 11 last week Monday

Okay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jameslojohn(m): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2021
amnwa:

Lol I wil do one day trial for everyone to try it. So it won't be like scam. If you need it. Chat me up via my signature
thanks for the transaction on glo free browsing

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KinGudi: 11:49am On Jun 13, 2021
1000angstroms:

We move...
When did you update mine is not updating what's wrong
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gbosah91(m): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2021
Is it because i didn't reboot my phone after updating that cause my phone stucking on miui
genius43:

Okay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2021
gbosah91:
Is it because i didn't reboot my phone after updating that cause my phone stucking on miui

No. Might be a bug. I am sure a follow up update is on the way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8457) (8458) (8459) (8460) (8461) (8462) (8463) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.