Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9281001 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8458) (8459) (8460) (8461) (8462) (8463) (8464) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KinGudi: 11:57am On Jun 13, 2021
Mr Genius43
Please what could be the problem with my note 9 pro not updating
Is just me
What's the way out
Thanking you.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Habiodunz(m): 11:58am On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

It's a software bug. I've experienced it twice or so. It's gonna be fixed with the next update

I really hope so, even tho there's an update out right now and I haven't updated it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Habiodunz(m): 11:58am On Jun 13, 2021
KinGudi:
Mr Genius43
Is just me
What's the way out
Thanking you.....

Having similar issues
Mine wrote error at 99% download
Imagine
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:59am On Jun 13, 2021
Habiodunz:

I really hope so, even tho there's an update out right now and I haven't updated it

Even that one won't fix it. I'm on the latest version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
KinGudi:
Mr Genius43
Is just me
What's the way out
Thanking you.....

Just leave the update first.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KinGudi: 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
Habiodunz:

Having similar issues
Mine wrote error at 99% download
Imagine

Mine have done it 2 times at 99% and multiple times below that %
And the notification update is still showing they should remove it nah
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KinGudi: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
genius43:

Just leave the update first.

Alright feel like am loosing out on it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
genius43:

The update is manual. I have shared the link some days back.
Yeah I have seen it. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
KinGudi:

Alright feel like am loosing out on it

Same update people are complaining of being buggy?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Austin67(m): 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
leTrizzle:

Yeah I have seen it. Thanks.

Please reshare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
Samsimple:
I was just passing by jumia
It's no longer there...
They're lucky.

I wanted to order for it, lemme see the idiot that will deliver it to me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

Yes, it's still boring to say the least.

While some of the visual changes are to be lauded, they still don't won't entice and average user who is accustomed to the beautiful UI and animations that a custom skin brings.

I still won't use it.

Do you know that you are part of the lesser population of android users who doesn't give a shit about stock android?

Simply put, vast majority of android users won't mind and that vast majority makes up the average users.

Las las, calling it boring is very subjective. And anything subjective shouldn't even be debated on since there will always be differing opinions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
donforeign:

They don't spy, google does the opposite...

Every tech firm spies on each other.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Habiodunz(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

Ah wth
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
olayinkajnr:

Do you know that you are part of the lesser population of android users who doesn't give a shit about stock android?

Simply put, vast majority of android users won't mind and that vast majority makes up the average users.

Las las, calling it boring is very subjective. And anything subjective shouldn't even be debated on since there will always be differing opinions.

Given that the most popular brands of Android use one custom skin or the other, it is safe to say there are more users on custom skin than on stock Android. And if you add together the market share of each of these popular brands, they make up the most of the Android smartphone market in general.

The point is ditching a feature-packed custom skin for stock Android won't be a very pleasant experience for most people, regardless of the supposed smoothness and simplicity of stock Android.

Yes, it's debatable, but I'm just speaking from the perspective of an average user and that of the people around me who use EMUI, MIUI, Color OS, etc.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
@jboixx,e be like say that display issue na general market based on recent complains i am seeing here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
It appears most mi note 10/ 10 lite series are plagued with display issues.My screen went blank one day and flickered so bad i had to start making plans for a new screen.Thank God it stopped after i did a factory reset.But daily,i still see flickering which makes me do a hard restart daily.I saw that complain about the phone on gsmarena before i got mine a year ago, but i took it for normal rants by indians.All what they complained about is slowly manifesting.I am hoping an update will fix it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
Meister:

You need to connect to a hotspot to finish the set up
it is not recognising my room mates WiFi hotspot.once I tap"see all WiFi network ",it takes me to this page " 2nd pics

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
queenfav:
It appears most mi note 10/ 10 lite series are plagued with display issues.My screen went blank one day and flickered so bad i had to start making plans for a new screen.Thank God it stopped after i did a factory reset.But daily,i still see flickering which makes me do a hard restart daily.I saw that complain about the phone on gsmarena before i got mine a year ago, but i took it for normal rants by indians.All what they complained about is slowly manifesting.I am hoping an update will fix it.
how did you return your phone to normal after factory reset?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
Themaths:

Mine is having one purple line at the left side of the screen that runs from the top to bottom. I brought out my phone from my pocket one day and saw it....Mi Note 10 Lite here.
Jeez,like i am walking on eggshells around my own phone now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
Adasun:
how did you return your phone to normal after factory reset?
I didn't do anything special,the display flickering and flashing normalised on it's own.I backed up my files, so i just reconfigured my phone settings and loaded my files in.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
Adasun:
it is not recognising my room mates WiFi hotspot.once I tap"see all WiFi network ",it takes me to this page " 2nd pics

Click on Setup Offline
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
queenfav:
@jboixx,e be like say that display issue na general market based on recent complains i am seeing here.
Yeah, na general market till you na checkout!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
jboixxx:
Yeah, na general market till you na checkout!
Make dem pity me abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

It's a software bug. I've experienced it twice or so. It's gonna be fixed with the next update

They told you it's a bug an that it'll be fixed in the next update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

Given that the most popular brands of Android use one custom skin or the other, it is safe to say there are more users on custom skin than on stock Android. And if you add together the market share of each of these popular brands, they make up the most of the Android smartphone market in general.

The point is ditching a feature-packed custom skin for stock Android won't be a very pleasant experience for most people, regardless of the supposed smoothness and simplicity of stock Android.

Yes, it's debatable, but I'm just speaking from the perspective of an average user and that of the people around me who use EMUI, MIUI, Color OS, etc.

The bolded is exactly the issue. How do you know it is unpleasant with most people?

Like I stated, majority of android users do not care. If you give many Samsung users a stock android, they will accept it with open heart.

Funny enough, if you are very conversant with the custom ROM world, many of the most people you are referring to still uses AOSP ROM which is more or less stock with little bit of additional features. Albeit, many users prefer LOS which is not even customisable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ossiken(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
Where can I get accessories for RN7 in Kaduna please? I need to change my charger it takes me so many hours to charge
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mustiboy:

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hello guys.

My sis has a global version of redmi 7a which I want to update. It's currently on MIUI 10 and uses MI dialer

Will the update to MIUI 11 Change the dialer to google dialer? The owner loves the Call recording function on the mi dialer and that's holding her back from updating to miui 11. She no want google dialer wey go dey announce Call recording.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirMichael1: 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
Which Xiaomi phone can I get under 40k? This information is needed urgently. Redmi 9A has no fingerprint, so it's out.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
Kennyflyair:
Hello guys.

My sis has a global version of redmi 7a which I want to update. It's currently on MIUI 10 and uses MI dialer

Will the update to MIUI 11 Change the dialer to google dialer? The owner loves the Call recording function on the mi dialer and that's holding her back from updating to miui 11. She no want google dialer wey go dey announce Call recording.

Return the phone to her and mind your business

(1) (2) (3) ... (8458) (8459) (8460) (8461) (8462) (8463) (8464) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.