Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9165512 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8635) (8636) (8637) (8638) (8639) (8640) (8641) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olamileone(m): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2021
Good morning all. I need good engineer to help me root my redmi note 4 and port recovery, my present location is ilorin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 8:08am On Sep 14, 2021
genius43:

The proximity sensor issue turned out to be a fault from the sensor manufacturer and they have lost their contract with Xiaomi.

I thought the Note 10 Pro doesn't have a proximity sensor? But uses the calibrated simulation of the movements of the hand to turn the screen off while taking a call? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by callydon(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2021
Horiolah:

Same poco I use for pubg, pes and codm??

Omo e be like I be lei Jun pikin oh

Mbok, let's play CODM

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2021
Shegun010:

I thought the Note 10 Pro doesn't have a proximity sensor? But uses the calibrated simulation of the movements of the hand to turn the screen off while taking a call? Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are very wrong.

It has a proximity sensor

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2021
genius43:

Sorry for your loss, let's hope they can't bypass it. I don't know where you leave but if you have stayed in Lagos you should know that nothing vital of yours stays in your back pocket.
not just lagos but everywhere
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2021
Tiger2020:
not just lagos but everywhere

There are places in the North you can do it and get away with it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:46am On Sep 14, 2021
So they've finally opened a new thread for Xiaomi(Miui) bugs and issues discussion. grin

That's good, people need to know about these things before they buy any Xiaomi phone. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:46am On Sep 14, 2021
New Wallpaper. cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jelel6: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2021
Bamz:
Hello,

I've got a Redmi 7A that I use sparingly and I just realised that it no longer reads the sim card. It recognises the network provider under 'Sìm Cards and Mobile Networks' but it does not show the network bars. Meanwhile this sim works well on other phones.

I've done a factory reset to no avail.

Assistance needed.

Hi, I'm actually facing the same problem as you. I'm just wondering if you have been able to fix the issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2021
genius43:

There are places in the North you can do it and get away with it.

In 2019, I forgot my phone in a cab in Sokoto. The driver actually waited for me to come back for it. No be 5 minutes oh cry

When I got back, he just laughed, stretched the phone to me and drove off.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 10:09am On Sep 14, 2021
How can I change my font on my Redmi Note 9, the option is not there? How do you guys do it. This is my first Xiomi device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2021
Reminderz:
How can I change my font on my Redmi Note 9, the option is not there? How do you guys do it. This is my first Xiomi device.

Go to themes.

Enter the search box and type AA fonts. Choose anyone you like oh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PATAlolade(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2021
Good Morning,

Please is there a way to get SIM slot part or can it be repaired? I have literally damaged my phone SIM port (RN8).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:25am On Sep 14, 2021
Reminderz:
From your theme app.
Method 1.
Search any of Aafont, Moby Fonts, free or the exact name of font(Note if the font is region locked you may not get it when you search the name).

Look through fonts select one, download and apply.

Method 2.
Change your region to India. You can search for region in your settings search bar.

You will get a Font panel in your theme app you can do method 1 or play around with top fonts, popular fonts etc.

When you are done after restarting change your region back to Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 10:30am On Sep 14, 2021
genius43:

From your theme app.
Method 1.
Search any of Aafont, Moby Fonts, free or the exact name of font(Note if the font is region locked you may not get it when you search the name).

Look through fonts select one, download and apply.

Method 2.
Change your region to India. You can search for region in your settings search bar.

You will get a Font panel in your theme app you can do method 1 or play around with top fonts, popular fonts etc.

When you are done after restarting change your region back to Nigeria
Thank you so much. I'm going to try this later. atheistandproud, thank you too.. Please will I be able to change back to the default font after applying a new one? If yes, where would the default font be in order to reapply it? That's just in case I don't like the font I applied, thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2021
Reminderz:

Thank you so much. I'm going to try this later. atheistandproud, thank you too.. Please will I be able to change back to the default font after applying a new one? If yes, where would the default font be in order to reapply it? That's just in case I don't like the font I applied, thanks.

Change region to India, go to your font list and select Roboto
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2021
genius43:

Change region to India, go to your font list and select Roboto
Alright thank you so much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2021
Psychodavidovic:
So they've finally opened a new thread for Xiaomi(Miui) bugs and issues discussion. grin

That's good, people need to know about these things before they buy any Xiaomi phone. grin

Very good. Make dem free this thread from bugs and issues discussion. I hope ardent members will do so too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2021
olayinkajnr:

Very good. Make dem free this thread from bugs and issues discussion. I hope ardent members will do so too.
Let's enjoy our devices in peace now that we're free of bugs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
Finally....

I don wait tire

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
leksymaxy:
hello sir where did you get your note 10 Pro and how much is the 6gb ram and 128gb rom, I will like to get it sir, I am in lagos

Link on first page
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dat2jo: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
Good day Tech gurus.

Pls I'll love to buy a phone with a budget of 40k but I'm lost as to which to buy cos I'm not that phone savvy.

I'm just particular about sleekness, camera and battery quality. I browse a lot Facebook, Instagram and nairaland.

Pls help me suggest a good one.

Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
olayinkajnr:

Lool i doubt that will happen. They love the attention they get here, it makes them feel good about themselves. Them go soon abandon that thread come back here. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UPDATED2020: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
genius43:

Sorry for your loss, let's hope they can't bypass it. I don't know where you leave but if you have stayed in Lagos you should know that nothing vital of yours stays in your back pocket.
HOW CAN THEY BYPASS IT AND MAKE IT WORK AGAIN, DO THEY NEED TO FLASH IT OR HOW DO PEOPLE FACTORY SET STOLEN REDMI LOCKED WITH MI CLOUD
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lastburn(m): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
I want to swap my Redmi note 8pro 128/6g ram for mi 10 will add cash if it's clear enough.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
lastburn:
I want to swap my Redmi note 8pro 128/6g ram for mi 10 will add cash if it's clear enough.
Xiaomi Thread Store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2021
UPDATED2020:
HOW CAN THEY BYPASS IT AND MAKE IT WORK AGAIN, DO THEY NEED TO FLASH IT OR HOW DO PEOPLE FACTORY SET STOLEN REDMI LOCKED WITH MI CLOUD
Only God and those who've successfully done it sabi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
UPDATED2020:

Why type in Capital letters, don't you know that it means shouting?

To your question I don't know how they do it but some people do.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
lastburn:

There is no way on earth you won't add money to buy a Mi 10 even if it is used.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by revcompaty(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
atheistandproud:

In 2019, I forgot my phone in a cab in Sokoto. The driver actually waited for me to come back for it. No be 5 minutes oh cry

When I got back, he just laughed, stretched the phone to me and drove off.

Times have changed chief.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
revcompaty:

Times have changed chief.

That same year, in the same town, my roomie torchlight fell in a cab and he never got it back. The idiot who found it, not only refused to return it but was actively using the line till my guy went to retrieve it. It was not his main line tho.

Mine was the Redmi Note 7. The driver waited and gave it to me. Didn't ask for money or turn me around like barber chair. Just gave me and drive off.

My point is even in the year 2300, people when good go always dey good. Bad people go always exist as well.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
atheistandproud:

That same year, in the same town, my roomie torchlight fell in a cab and he never got it back. The idiot who found it, not only refused to return it but was actively using the line till my guy went to retrieve it. It was not his main line tho.

Mine was the Redmi Note 7. The driver waited and gave it to me. Didn't ask for money or turn me around like barber chair. Just gave me and drive off.

My point is even in the year 2300, people when good go always dey good. Bad people go always exist as well.
Na so brother...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8635) (8636) (8637) (8638) (8639) (8640) (8641) ... (9315) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.