Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,505 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8797) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9250694 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8794) (8795) (8796) (8797) (8798) (8799) (8800) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 5:23am On Jan 17, 2022
These people have started criticism again because miui is protecting its sanity.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 5:26am On Jan 17, 2022
Reminderz:

I think I might have found an effective way to reduce the size of the "others" in storage. The "others" are files including some system files, cache (mostly), some other files, temporary files or hidden files. Some are safe to delete while some is best left alone because some important apps or settings might depend on it.

1. Go to settings
2. then Apps
3. Manage Apps
4. You would see sort by status as default, select sort by used storage. this will show you the size of storage used by each application in descending order.
5. then you can click each application and clear it's cache.

Note: when you delete pictures or videos in the stock gallery app, you have to delete it from the trash bin in the stock gallery app also in order to remove permanently.

To also reduce the content in your phone memory, it's better to get an external storage or SD card to move some files into them.

I dey fear to delete mine cos na my trusted file manager carry the whole load. I feel I may delete an important file.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 5:40am On Jan 17, 2022
Privit:

It's funny how someone who has never updated his phone for once would be speaking authoritatively on software update issues. An issue he's totally ignorant about experience wise.

Everything wey you don talk na dem say dem say and you spewing this dem say with so much confidence like you have first hand experience. Na waooo.
Abeg always talk about wetin u know and get first hand experience on, so u no go mislead others.
If u ain't sure about an issue leave others that have knowledge on the issue to comment abeg.
If u like use your phone for 30years without updating that one concern you.
so now, for example, because I don't have first hand experience of the redmi 9t or Poco M3 and despite the comments and reviews I've seen and heard, I should trust my instincts and buy it? I just stated my opinion and you guys just came out on me as if you were all waiting for me to make a comment. what's so hard to comprehend in my previous statements? and what's all this whining all about? it's there a problem elsewhere I don't have knowledge about? or is there anything painful in me not deciding to update my phone?

a wise man learn from other people's experiences.. a fool and egoistic person always learns the hard way. SMH.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 5:42am On Jan 17, 2022
LtChisom:

I dey fear to delete mine cos na my trusted file manager carry the whole load. I feel I may delete an important file.
ooh maybe you should leave the file explorer then. you can clear the cache of other apps. but I think it shouldn't be a problem but sometimes you don't know how some apps are programmed to function.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 17, 2022
Reminderz:

so now, for example, because I don't have first hand experience of the redmi 9t or Poco M3 and despite the comments and reviews I've seen and heard, I should trust my instincts and buy it? I just stated my opinion and you guys just came out on me as if you were all waiting for me to make a comment. what's so hard to comprehend in my previous statements? and what's all this whining all about? it's there a problem elsewhere I don't have knowledge about? or is there anything painful in me not deciding to update my phone?

a wise man learn from other people's experiences.. a fool and egoistic person always learns the hard way. SMH.

You just indirectly called me a fool , but I'd let that slide.
According to you the comments and reviews were based on 2 models of phones, 9t and poco M3 ,you are using 9 pro yet you are scared of updating.
Bro your problem isn't the reviews but the poverty in you. It's the poverty in you that's scared of loosing that phone in your hand, cos of update issues you heard about other models of it.
Poverty mentality is extremely terrible.
Na poverty mentality dey do you, but you think say na wisdom you get.
I'd not reply again so I don't derail this thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 6:02am On Jan 17, 2022
Privit:

You just indirectly called me a fool , but I'd let that slide.
According to you the comments and reviews were based on 2 models of phones, 9t and poco M3 ,you are using 9 pro yet you are scared of updating.
Bro your problem isn't the reviews but the poverty in you. It's the poverty in you that's scared of loosing that phone in your hand, cos of update issues you heard about other models of it.
Poverty mentality is extremely terrible.
Na poverty mentality dey do you, but you think say na wisdom you get.
I'd not reply again so I don't derail this thread.
lol grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eidris01(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2022
womenareapess:
they didn't give me number
I just received mine just now... Though, I never called them regarding the refund...... Here's their number 070072922273
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 6:54am On Jan 17, 2022
Eidris01:
I just received mine just now... Though, I never called them regarding the refund...... Here's their number 070072922273
thanks those people didn't even ask for my account number I think I will have to go there to complain.

Please how many months did it takes for them to refund you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tuneroxide: 7:29am On Jan 17, 2022
So you can't use Split screen with gestures on MIUI 12.5??

If I catch the person whey design this update, dem go collect.

Make I Sha no see am for Agege.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Tuneroxide:

This is not correct.

It is absolutely not correct.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2022
Tuneroxide:

Split screen has nothing to do with gestures. It has just been removed on some devices that's all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tingFanG: 8:11am On Jan 17, 2022
Emmyreal4:
go to your phone's group on telegram and ask this question not here

Please drop the link
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tingFanG: 8:15am On Jan 17, 2022
genius43:
Meanwhile Xiaomi should do and give us a global release of MIUI 13 and Android 12. My get updates quickly is very much active.

Any hope for note 10 pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 8:52am On Jan 17, 2022
Privit:

It's funny how someone who has never updated his phone for once would be speaking authoritatively on software update issues. An issue he's totally ignorant about experience wise.

Everything wey you don talk na dem say dem say and you spewing this dem say with so much confidence like you have first hand experience. Na waooo.
Abeg always talk about wetin u know and get first hand experience on, so u no go mislead others.
If u ain't sure about an issue leave others that have knowledge on the issue to comment abeg.
If u like use your phone for 30years without updating that one concern you.

Like I mentioned earlier his phone is actually on MIUI 12.0.3 when Note 9 came with 11.0.6 which basically means he's using an updated phone and doesn't even know it, that should show just how ignorant he is

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tuneroxide: 8:58am On Jan 17, 2022
atheistandproud:

This is not correct.

It is absolutely not correct.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tuneroxide: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2022
It hasn't been removed for my phone.
I set it back to buttons and it worked.
But with gestures we can't see it.

So how do you explain that?
genius43:

Split screen has nothing to do with gestures. It has just been removed on some devices that's all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 9:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Someone shld help me with the gcam link for note 10s.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:00am On Jan 17, 2022
tingFanG:

Any hope for note 10 pro?

This is suppose be a question that Redmi Note 7 users should be asking not RN10 Pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:15am On Jan 17, 2022
Tuneroxide:
It hasn't been removed for my phone.
I set it back to buttons and it worked.
But with gestures we can't see it.

So how do you explain that?

That is probably your device not all devices on 12.5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TabletMan: 10:28am On Jan 17, 2022
Since last year that I bought my 9t, I am dead afraid of updating it because of the deadboot reviews I have been seeing online about the 9t.

Please who among us using 9t have updated his phone and what's the most interesting feature of the new update of 12.5 cos I am still on 12.0.3?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobolarry(m): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2022
And yet Redmi 9c haven't gotten MIUI 12.5/Android 11 update at all. I'm starting to regret buying this phone.
genius43:
Meanwhile Xiaomi should do and give us a global release of MIUI 13 and Android 12. My get updates quickly is very much active.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:40am On Jan 17, 2022
bobolarry:
And yet Redmi 9c haven't gotten MIUI 12.5/Android 11 update at all. I'm starting to regret buying this phone.

Okay, sorry.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:45am On Jan 17, 2022
genius43:

Okay, sorry.

Someone is crying about not receiving updates and another is complaining that they don't want update. This life sha.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:49am On Jan 17, 2022
TabletMan:
Since last year that I bought my 9t, I am dead afraid of updating it because of the deadboot reviews I have been seeing online about the 9t.

Please who among us using 9t have updated his phone and what's the most interesting feature of the new update of 12.5 cos I am still on 12.0.3?

Deadboot issue has nothing to do with updates. If you can successfully restart your phone at will, you have no issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:50am On Jan 17, 2022
atheistandproud:

Someone is crying about not receiving updates and another is complaining that they don't want update. This life sha.

Na so life be.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:58am On Jan 17, 2022
TabletMan:

as long as you have been able to reboot your device without issues, i believe you are good to go, the deadboot has no connection to updates, it's all about inability to boot up after rebooting.
If you look at the screenshot down there, you will see the updates which i have already updated without isuess.

Note that this is not the first time, I have been updating the phone since i helped her buy it

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TabletMan: 11:21am On Jan 17, 2022
genius43:

Deadboot issue has nothing to do with updates. If you can successfully restart your phone at will, you have no issues.
Thanks for the reply.
I have restart my phone many times.
Tiger2020:
as long as you have been able to reboot your device without issues, i believe you are good to go, the deadboot has no connection to updates, it's all about inability to boot up after rebooting.
If you look at the screenshot down there, you will see the updates which i have already updated without isuess.

Note that this is not the first time, I have been updating the phone since i helped her buy it
Thanks for the heads up bro.
My latest update is 12.5.3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture(m): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2022
GreaterFuture:
Is it okay to buy a RN8 with a bad front camera?
The deal seems good, just camera that's faulty
Guys...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tingFanG: 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2022
genius43:

This is suppose be a question that Redmi Note 7 users should be asking not RN10 Pro

OK. But any near date
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2022
tingFanG:

OK. But any near date

That is left for Xiaomi to decide.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elizkid: 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
Does anyone have Redmi Note 9s for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
Is Redmi note 8 a good buy in this 2018
Previous RN8 users, how's your phone holding Up? Any major or minor issues?

I'm about to get one, a used one...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8794) (8795) (8796) (8797) (8798) (8799) (8800) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.