Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9251397 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8795) (8796) (8797) (8798) (8799) (8800) (8801) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
GreaterFuture:
Is Redmi note 8 a good buy in this 2018
Previous RN8 users, how's your phone holding Up? Any major or minor issues?

I'm about to get one, a used one...
If the used one you're getting has no faults whatsoever, it's still a very decent device been using mine for a year and 6-7months, battery is not as strong as it used to be mainly due to my usage patterns but I still get between 7-8 hours SOT, everything still okay updated to Miui 12.5 enhanced awaiting Miui 13. cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henrygold100: 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2022
Vibesking:

You could try this:

1. Download Google Authenticator on your new phone and set it up.
2. log in to your Gmail Account.

When asked for the second verification, copy the code from the Google Authenticator and apply.

set it up as new one ? Am having the same problem. I want to login Binance, and I am using google Authenticator In the old device dat was stolen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
Finally experienced the dreaded Dead Boot in my Redmi 9T, Phone refused to come up for over 4 hrs now (Currently typing on my Laptop). I don't have time to go to Raya now. All my data is lost. God will punish Xiaomi. For anyone else using the Redmi 9T just have it in mind that your turn would still reach, just make sure it doesn't exceed your warranty and you are close to a Raya store. Backup your important files now. There is no good redmi 9T!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stoney3813: 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2022
Idrismusty97:
Finally experienced the dreaded Dead Boot in my Redmi 9T, Phone refused to come up for over 4 hrs now (Currently typing on my Laptop). I don't have time to go to Raya now. All my data is lost. God will punish Xiaomi. For anyone else using the Redmi 9T just have it in mind that your turn would still reach, just make sure it doesn't exceed your warranty and you are close to a Raya store. Backup your important files now. There is no good redmi 9T!
You were the chap who was hell bent on returning his redmi 9t few days to the end of your warranty period just to get a new device.

Now, your wish has come true, I don't know why you are wailing and throwing spits all over.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2022
Stoney3813:

You were the chap who was hell bent on returning his redmi 9t few days to the end of your warranty period just to get a new device.

Now, your wish has come true, I don't know why you are wailing and throwing spits all over.
Yes i was the one. Apparently they won't accept it if it haven't started. For those using the 9T make sure you backup and always restart at least twice a day. The earlier you have the deadboot issue the better, don't think your phone is good like mine and let it get to your warranty date!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2022
Idrismusty97:

How do I backup my files? I am really scared now and my warranty will expire next month

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2022
Oyinlomobambam:

How do I backup my files? I am really scared now and my warranty will expire next month
Use a laptop if you have one, copy all your necessary files in it. If not get an External SD card and move from internal to it. Backup your whatapps messages to drive too. If you have any important notes download Colour Notes and copy all your notes inside. Sync it to your facebook or google account.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jarchi(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
Stoney3813:

It's quite painful, it is for the best. I saw someone take easybuy to buy redmi 9t and I am always afraid when I see her. What's the solution for someone like that?
I guess the reason why redmi 9c hasn't gotten update is due to so many issues, 9c can't split screen, had to be tone down for ease convenience of the users.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
Jarchi:

It's quite painful, it is for the best. I saw someone take easybuy to buy redmi 9t and I am always afraid when I see her. What's the solution for someone like that?
I guess the reason why redmi 9c hasn't gotten update is due to so many issues, 9c can't split screen, had to be tone down for ease convenience of the users.
I heard they stop production of redmi 9T but some ediots keep selling this particular product and some people keep buying this particular product angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobolarry(m): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2022
Redmi 9c has defects too?
Jarchi:

undecidedRedmi 9c has defects too?
Jarchi:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2022
Jarchi:

Redmi 9c has no issues. Updates for some devices maybe delayed but doesn't mean it is because the device is problematic.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by superjaks(m): 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
Idrismusty97:

Gosh...
My dad's own is barely 6 months old, I just called him now to ask him if his phone is misbehaving, he said No

I just hope this dead boot shit happens within the warranty period
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
TabletMan:
Since last year that I bought my 9t, I am dead afraid of updating it because of the deadboot reviews I have been seeing online about the 9t.

Please who among us using 9t have updated his phone and what's the most interesting feature of the new update of 12.5 cos I am still on 12.0.3?
03 when most of us dey 17. My phone even came with 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2022
Tiger2020:
as long as you have been able to reboot your device without issues, i believe you are good to go, the deadboot has no connection to updates, it's all about inability to boot up after rebooting.
If you look at the screenshot down there, you will see the updates which i have already updated without isuess.

Note that this is not the first time, I have been updating the phone since i helped her buy it
how did you get this update. It's not coming on mine
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TabletMan: 11:09pm On Jan 17, 2022
Revelation4:
03 when most of us dey 17. My phone even came with 10
I made a mistake... My phone came with 0.9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 11:22pm On Jan 17, 2022
TabletMan:
I made a mistake... My phone came with 0.9
ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Stoney3813:

I don't believe him one bit. I feel he might be trying to justify his actions with the deadboot ish. My comment might sound insensitive, but with wetin the guy talk before no blame me.
Man's heart is so deceitful and desperately wicked. Na only God sure pass. I no trust any body for this life.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 1:47am On Jan 18, 2022
Privit:

I don't believe him one bit. I feel he might be trying to justify his actions with the deadboot ish. My comment might sound insensitive, but with wetin the guy talk before no blame me.
Man's heart is so deceitful and desperately wicked. Na only God sure pass. I no trust any body for this life.
My brother please be rest assured that i have nothing to prove to you cause you are a nobody, You don't know me i don't know you. There's absolutely no point coming on nairaland to justify anything to a nobody when i could easily do whatever i want to do without your knowledge. That post is for others using the Redmi 9T so if you aren't using it run along. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 2:00am On Jan 18, 2022
superjaks:

Gosh...
My dad's own is barely 6 months old, I just called him now to ask him if his phone is misbehaving, he said No

I just hope this dead boot shit happens within the warranty period
I think the thing is programed by how often you reboot. I bought mine around same time with my bro for example but he did NYSC in a remote place where there's no light so his phone die often. I could count how many times i have rebooted mine with last month being the highest. I was even thinking mine was among the good ones. They were about four people at Raya yesterday with same problem, one woman said she always switch hers off to sleep and one day it didn't come up again. I will advice your dad should backup then always reboot once in a while just to be certain he is on the safe side. It's better it happen to him during his warranty than when it expires. They won't even attend to you if the phone appears to be functional even do it may happen later. Mined is 8 months btw.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 5:38am On Jan 18, 2022
Tuneroxide:
So you can't use Split screen with gestures on MIUI 12.5??

If I catch the person whey design this update, dem go collect.

Make I Sha no see am for Agege.
lipsrsealed

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 5:48am On Jan 18, 2022
Idrismusty97:
I think the thing is programed by how often you reboot. I bought mine around same time with my bro for example but he did NYSC in a remote place where there's no light so his phone die often. I could count how many times i have rebooted mine with last month being the highest. I was even thinking mine was among the good ones. They were about four people at Raya yesterday with same problem, one woman said she always switch hers off to sleep and one day it didn't come up again. I will advice your dad should backup then always reboot once in a while just to be certain he is on the safe side. It's better it happen to him during his warranty than when it expires. They won't even attend to you if the phone appears to be functional even do it may happen later. Mined is 8 months btw.

So are you implying that xiaomi purposely built a phone and then programmed into its internal circuitry how many times a user will boot the phone before it dies?
I need to understand something please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eidris01(m): 5:50am On Jan 18, 2022
womenareapess:
thanks those people didn't even ask for my account number I think I will have to go there to complain.

Please how many months did it takes for them to refund you
Initially, I went there for repair on Friday, 7th of this month, I was told to come back the following week. I started calling them from Monday, and I was told to check back on Friday 14th. On the 14th, when i called again, i was asked to come along with my carton and receipt, which i did on that day. Yesterday when i woke up, i checked my phone and it was there already. Just three days!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 6:01am On Jan 18, 2022
Eidris01:
Initially, I went there for repair on Friday, 7th of this month, I was told to come back the following week. I started calling them from Monday, and I was told to check back on Friday 14th. On the 14th, when i called again, i was asked to come along with my carton and receipt, which i did on that day. Yesterday when i woke up, i checked my phone and it was there already. Just three days!
Good! I went there yesterday with the intention of scattering that place! After much heated talk, they collected my carton and The phone recite together with my account number.

Will be waiting 3days and see if them will credit my account
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 6:09am On Jan 18, 2022
LtChisom:

So are you implying that xiaomi purposely built a phone and then programmed into its internal circuitry how many times a user will boot the phone before it dies?
oga which kind question you dey ask like this!
You self sit down ask yourself this your question and see if the question ring any meaning for your mind!

Redmi 9t if not all is defective during manufacturing . This issue is only with redmi 9t and Poco M3 product
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KallmemrB0: 6:42am On Jan 18, 2022
womenareapess:
oga which kind question you dey ask like this!
You self sit down ask yourself this your question and see if the question ring any meaning for your mind!

Redmi 9t if not all is defective during manufacturing . This issue is only with redmi 9t and Poco M3 product
not all Redmi 9t.. Some people are still using there's without issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by superjaks(m): 6:44am On Jan 18, 2022
Idrismusty97:

This is sad mhen

Anyways thanks man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 7:10am On Jan 18, 2022
KallmemrB0:
not all Redmi 9t.. Some people are still using there's without issues
yeah not all but let say around 90% ship to Nigeria are defective
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:42am On Jan 18, 2022
LtChisom:

To be honest i don't know for them. But those with the highest reboot are more likely to experience it from what i have observed. Of course I may be wrong also.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ocon: 9:26am On Jan 18, 2022
Which Redmi phone is the better buy for 80-85k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2022
LtChisom:

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Idrismusty97:
[s]To be honest i don't know for them. But those with the highest reboot are more likely to experience it from what i have observed. Of course I may be wrong also[/s].
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2022
Idrismusty97:
[s] I think the thing is programed by how often you reboot. I bought mine around same time with my bro for example but he did NYSC in a remote place where there's no light so his phone die often. I could count how many times i have rebooted mine with last month being the highest. I was even thinking mine was among the good ones. They were about four people at Raya yesterday with same problem, one woman said she always switch hers off to sleep and one day it didn't come up again. [/s] I will advice your dad should backup then always reboot once in a while just to be certain he is on the safe side. It's better it happen to him during his warranty than when it expires. They won't even attend to you if the phone appears to be functional even do it may happen later. Mined is 8 months btw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8795) (8796) (8797) (8798) (8799) (8800) (8801) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.