Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8856) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9244746 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8853) (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) (8858) (8859) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
niyiforeal:
how will phone expire, i think this is the end of the road for me with redmi absolutely disastrous

Exactly. I will rather go for infinix if I don't have enough money for Samsung.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
genius43:
It is being rumoured that Xiaomi 12 series is coming to Nigeria.
Looking forward it this...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Uzowee(m): 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
genius43:

Backup files/data and Factory Reset.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
Imagine my aged aunt in the village asking me to buy her a Redmi phone grin, Xiaomi has truly captured Nigeria smartphone market....

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dilly55: 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
Dilly55:
My minimised apps keeps reloading whenever I go back to it. Please how can I stop this

genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by VersatileVee: 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bosses is it advisable to go 4 any redmi phone? which one is best to get with a budget of 70k naira down?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
VersatileVee:
Bosses is it advisable to go 4 any redmi phone? which one is best to get with a budget of 70k naira down?
Go for a neatly used Note 8, 9s, 9 pro... You can visit the thread store for available deals.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
Reminderz:

you talk too much. rest. I don't know if update is even the problem or you and other people like you. if someone decides not to update his or her phone why are some people so pained on this forum ? ABI dem dey collect award for the update? If I update am and later dey face problems shey na you go help me solve am? shey the many people wey face problems after dem update their phones nor be redmi dem dey use? one thing is that xiomi is still having issue with their software that's why I'm particular about their updates.

my own is that, since the phone is serving you wella and doing what you want? why update it? only if you are having some major problems with it, then you can go on. since I began using the phone I haven't faced any problems so why una con dey cry if person nor gree update phone? Abi we gather money buy am together? nawa for some people ooo.. even people still dey use android 7 and 8 and dem dey enjoy am... abeg rest

Don't mind the nigga. I have talked about it a long time ago. I even gave them statistical records that in every 100, more than 50 is usually not pleasant especially with immature brands like Xiaomi. Samsung and iPhone are still much more better with less complains. They all attacked me then calling me a local man. Today, see the number of people coming here to complain of one problem or the other after updating.

I don't even know what freaks them about updating. It is not as if you can update your redmi 7 to the level of Xiaomi mi 11 ultra. No amount of software update can take you to the level of another model.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
Babaalajo:
Please I just got my redmi last week as I've not used the product before, but the guy that sold it to me bought it brand new last year July and he gave me the carton and the receipt of purchase. He now log out from one account there I think it's mi account and replace it with my own with my phone number...they sent the mi account number to my phone after he did factory reset and logout on his account,my question is hope I won't have any issues with this phone because of this though the guy said he had removed all his details there... The phone is redmi 9t 128g/4gram... The phone operates differently from techno or infinix that I've used to... Just love this phone but it used to consume too much data when using, anything I can do to that too? Thanks.

9t is notorious for deadboot. I am sure the nigga that sold it to you knew about this and wanted to get rid of it quickly before it happens to him too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trojan8(m): 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
Who be this clown?

This is a Xiaomi thread. You have posted more than 10 times in a few hours telling us how you would prefer Infinix or whatever. Who cares?

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:08am On Mar 09, 2022
Trojan8:
Who be this clown?

This is a Xiaomi thread. You have posted more than 10 times in a few hours telling us how you would prefer Infinix or whatever. Who cares?

Ignore him. He's a well known troll. He's not even smart sef.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by VersatileVee: 12:43am On Mar 09, 2022
sajmark:

Go for a neatly used Note 8, 9s, 9 pro... You can visit the thread store for available deals.
Thanks boss. I will be glad if u can guide
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 09, 2022
kharyhordhe:
Pls I need who will fix a poco F3 for me
My guy took it for a swim the phone survived but I think the touch screen now ghost touch itself

If you’re in Lagos I’ll fix that for you

Call or WhatsApp me on 09014566031
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 2:30am On Mar 09, 2022
Guys,where can I get network IC for redmi7 abeg,them don scan the phone and say na watin spoil inside be that...?

I.e reason why my network seized
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 2:32am On Mar 09, 2022
I keep trying to install an extension on my kiwi browser but it keep coming up as PNG image,I don't know why.please some one should put me through abeg

Na hot spots I dey use o

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Princemaniac: 3:26am On Mar 09, 2022
I have used Redmi 9a and now I want to upgrade to a redmi also any suggestions guys
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:21am On Mar 09, 2022
Princemaniac:
I want to sell

This is not a sales thread, there is a thread for this. Take your ads there and edit this post
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by reader29(m): 6:56am On Mar 09, 2022
Jazzman01:

Lol, even my 9A sometimes gets stucked at the redmi logo while booting. The last time it happened (last week) I had to wait for about 30 mins before it came up after several attempts to force reboot using the Vol and power button.

Apart from the notorious 9T, It seems Xiaomi phones in general have issues with booting up. Most guys here are unaware because they don't usually switch off their phones.

I dare anyone here to try and reboot his Xiaomi phone like 4 to 5 times consecutively and see if it won't get stucked before completing the 5th boot.
�. I decided to get a Samsung phone after my money was refunded.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 7:26am On Mar 09, 2022
reader29:

That's great.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sirqeeboi(m): 7:44am On Mar 09, 2022
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trojan8(m): 7:46am On Mar 09, 2022
atheistandproud:

Ignore him. He's a well known troll. He's not even smart sef.

I should have known
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eidris01(m): 7:49am On Mar 09, 2022
I previously used redmi 9t, and I'm used to the split screen. Now, redmi note 11, but I can't use split screen.
Has it been removed or am I not getting it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2022
Eidris01:
I previously used redmi 9t, and I'm used to the split screen. Now, redmi note 11, but I can't use split screen.
it has been removed. only God knows why. but I think floating window is still there though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kingphilip(m): 8:03am On Mar 09, 2022
Jazzman01:

Lol, even my 9A sometimes gets stucked at the redmi logo while booting. The last time it happened (last week) I had to wait for about 30 mins before it came up after several attempts to force reboot using the Vol and power button.

Apart from the notorious 9T, It seems Xiaomi phones in general have issues with booting up. Most guys here are unaware because they don't usually switch off their phones.

I dare anyone here to try and reboot his Xiaomi phone like 4 to 5 times consecutively and see if it won't get stucked before completing the 5th boot.
The bold because we don't have meaningful things to do with our time or what?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 8:23am On Mar 09, 2022
Jazzman01:

dats a lie I reboot my r9t at will and it doesn't get stucked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:00am On Mar 09, 2022
Sunkyphil:
dats a lie I reboot my r9t at will and it doesn't get stucked
I used to do that to my then 9T too until the day of reckoning grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:05am On Mar 09, 2022
Eidris01:
Noticed that too. Thank God i am not even used to it and rarely use it. Even the floating screen i am still finding my way around it. I feel they will add the split screen back in another update or maybe MIUI 14.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:08am On Mar 09, 2022
reader29:

Stubborn me still go and got a Note 11 because of spec grin. If it isn't a flagship Samsung i don't think the spec would be up to Xiaomi of same price. Will keep using till i can afford 300-400k+ Samsungs.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2022
Adasun:
Guys,where can I get network IC for redmi7 abeg,them don scan the phone and say na watin spoil inside be that...?

I.e reason why my network seized
I use the same phone and My Sim card goes off randomly, I'd have to power of and on the phone for it to appear again... they want to force us to upgrade, lol.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 10:37am On Mar 09, 2022
Mark9854:

I use the same phone and My Sim card goes off randomly, I'd have to power of and on the phone for it to appear again... they want to force us to upgrade, lol.
which kind wahala be this na...I never get money o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mblem(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2022
Hey!!

Pls I need a neatly used Xiaomi note 9 or 10

Atleast 6/128g variant

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (8853) (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) (8858) (8859) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.