Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8857) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9291156 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) (8858) (8859) (8860) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bomgirl(f): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2022
Hiiii. I got my redmi over 4 years ago on this page (yeah, quite a long time, I know). Phone has served me well and I want to upgrade. I'm confused as to which one to get. Money no plenty, but I can spend 80k. Any suggestion on a good phone that'll serve me. Asides being fast and sturdy, I want a phone I can snap pictures with. Nothing professional, just myself, Oga and the kids. grin. Please help. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2022
Bomgirl:
Hiiii. I got my redmi over 4 years ago on this page (yeah, quite a long time, I know). Phone has served me well and I want to upgrade. I'm confused as to which one to get. Money no plenty, but I can spend 80k. Any suggestion on a good phone that'll serve me. Asides being fast and sturdy, I want a phone I can snap pictures with. Nothing professional, just myself, Oga and the kids. grin. Please help. Thanks.

To be honest 80k won't get you something substantial to cater to your stated needs.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bomgirl(f): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2022
genius43:

To be honest 80k won't get you something substantial to cater to your stated needs.

Okay. But can you give me a list of phones that can serve? So I see what adjustments I can make. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 11:54am On Mar 09, 2022
pat077:
My glo sim is always alternating BTW 4g, 3g and Edge. How can I put it on permanent 4g? My device is note 10s.
Someone shld pls help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2022
Adasun:
which kind wahala be this na...I never get money o
country hard no be small but I'll be forced to buy poco x3 pro if my sim cards completely stops working on the phone... phones are not that expensive, na our government fail us.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2022
pat077:
Someone shld pls help

I use the Redmi Note 10s also, though I use MTN primarily for data, but glo network in my location also switch itself between 2g, 3g and 4g whenever I want to use the bonus data given to me.

I believe it's a Glo Network Issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2022
pat077:
Someone shld pls help
*#*#4636#*#*
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
osic:

I use the Redmi Note 10s also, though I use MTN primarily for data, but glo network in my location also switch itself between 2g, 3g and 4g whenever I want to use the bonus data given to me.

I believe it's a Glo Network Issue
I guess so because I'm not having the issue with my mtn line, only on glo network.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
Bomgirl:

Okay. But can you give me a list of phones that can serve? So I see what adjustments I can make. Thanks.

Redmi 10, Redmi Note 11 not to deviate too far from your budget.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bomgirl(f): 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
genius43:

Redmi 10, Redmi Note 11 not to deviate too far from your budget.

Thank you. I appreciate
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
Mark9854:

*#*#4636#*#*
done that and it's still alternating btw 4g and H+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Incredible128: 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
pat077:
done that and it's still alternating btw 4g and H+
it's quite a long process sha, this works on my 9a though I don't know if it would work on yours.
Go to settings
Scroll to "All specs" and click on it
Scroll to "Internal storage" and click on it continuously till it takes you to the "Device info" page
On this "Device info" page u'd see "Phone information 1 and 2", click on whichever one whose network configuration u wish to change
Scroll to where it displays "GSM/WCDMA/LTE(PRL)
Click on it and change to ur preferred network type.
But I think changing ur network to strictly 4g might prevent u from making or receiving calls since most Nigerian networks do not yet over "Voice over LTE"

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KallmemrB0: 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
Jazzman01:

Don't mind the nigga. I have talked about it a long time ago. I even gave them statistical records that in every 100, more than 50 is usually not pleasant especially with immature brands like Xiaomi. Samsung and iPhone are still much more better with less complains. They all attacked me then calling me a local man. Today, see the number of people coming here to complain of one problem or the other after updating.

I don't even know what freaks them about updating. It is not as if you can update your redmi 7 to the level of Xiaomi mi 11 ultra. No amount of software update can take you to the level of another model.
some of you are just something else... Just trying not to insult you...

You are in a Xiaomi threads and expect no complain... This is the same way people complain about Samsung and Co in their various groups on reddit and quora.... I don't even know what you expect people to talk about in Xiaomi thread...

Nigerians with Poor attitude

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emarex: 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
New update redmi note 10 pro

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Emarex:
New update redmi note 10 pro

I wish you Goodluck downloading it from there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
genius43:

Ensure it is AMOLED display they are giving you o. Or you can ask Repairpalng.

Thanks sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
Slimfeez:
Top of the day to you guys on here, i bought my redmi note 10 pro on the 31st of December 2021, but unfortunately this morning 8/03/2022, it mistakenly fell off my hand and the screen went blank. How can i get the contact of their service centre in ibadan oyo state, need an urgent feedback and what might be the likely cost? Thanks as i await a positive feedbacks as regards the subject matter.

We. Don't have the amoled but we have the tft, 40K to fix, works perfectly and with warranty.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emarex: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
elantraceey:

I wish you Goodluck downloading it from there.
what's wrong downloading it from there?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adasun(m): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
Mark9854:

country hard no be small but I'll be forced to buy poco x3 pro if my sim cards completely stops working on the phone... phones are not that expensive, na our government fail us.
how I wan start this one now o... person no fit sue this people??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Emarex:
what's wrong downloading it from there?

If it stops for any reason, your data will be wasted.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emarex: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
elantraceey:

If it stops for any reason, your data will be wasted.
alright thanks for the info wink, where is the right place to download from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
Emarex:
alright thanks for the info wink, where is the right place to download from?

If your internet connection is fast and stable enough, go ahead.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 7:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
Mark9854:

I use the same phone and My Sim card goes off randomly, I'd have to power of and on the phone for it to appear again... they want to force us to upgrade, lol.
They are intentionally slowing down the phone, so you can get a newer version. It is also very common with Apple too, they will push update that will make your old iPhone slow and you will have no choice but to get a new device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
TrebleChamp:
They are intentionally slowing down the phone, so you can get a newer version. It is also very common with Apple too, they will push update that will make your old iPhone slow and you will have no choice but to get a new device.
basically all mobile company do these. it's just more common with one than the other. the updates they push out will become more stronger than the phone bit by bit till you have no choice than to sell it out or get a new one. this is why you notice significant difference in performance as time goes by.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alfaHaywhy(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
How do I remove that green camera notification

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
genius43:

Your warranty evidence is your carton and receipt of payment not a sticker that you are not even supposed to leave on your device for security reasons.
Can you explain why the label is a security risk please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Slimfeez(m): 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
repairpalng:

We. Don't have the amoled but we have the tft, 35K to fix, works perfectly and with warranty.

Your location and how can i get the amoled screen? can you drop your digit so that i can call you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
Slimfeez:

Your location and how can i get the amoled screen? can you drop your digit so that i can call you.

� Pls tft is 40 and not 35, amoled costs over 70K, we don't usually stock it. Note both WORKS PERFECTLY. You can whatsapp 081 2123 5355 or call 07087154931
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:14am On Mar 10, 2022
repairpalng:

� Pls tft is 40 and not 35, amoled costs over 70K, we don't usually stock it. Note both WORKS PERFECTLY. You can whatsapp 081 2123 5355 or call 07087154931

TFT can never be like AMOLED
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 6:16am On Mar 10, 2022
genius43:

TFT can never be like AMOLED

Never said they are alike sir, emphasis is on IT WORKS. If one can afford amoled sure go for it, but both works! It is not a phone that has Indisplay fingerprint, so tft would work just well.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 8:51am On Mar 10, 2022
Reminderz:

basically all mobile company do these. it's just more common with one than the other. the updates they push out will become more stronger than the phone bit by bit till you have no choice than to sell it out or get a new one. this is why you notice significant difference in performance as time goes by.
True
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Brooke60(f): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2022
I moved from Redmi Note 8 pro to Redmi note 11 pro on Monday. Ordered & did POD from chikizzy.

Loving this phone!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) (8858) (8859) (8860) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Valentineoe(m), MilesLamar(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.