Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9184477 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8951) (8952) (8953) (8954) (8955) (8956) (8957) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
Kalakazzy:
I keep giving permission for gallery to access my sd card but nothing happens, every picture I take dissappears,the ones there before I can't delete them even videos on my sd card can't be deleted, please what can I do.
hope the SD card is original?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vahyela(m): 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Good evening everyone.
I am looking for a solution to my Redmi Note 8.
The battery drain very fast after I update it to MIUI 12.5 Which is the latest update meaning no any other update for me., when fully charged the battery drain to 0% in less than 5Hours.
I have factory reset the phone but still same problem I even replace the battery but It still thesame thing.
Please help me with a solution or refer me to the page where the solution was discussed.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ayekotoo(m): 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
Vahyela:
Good evening everyone.
The battery drain very fast after I update it to MIUI 12.5 Which is the latest update meaning no any other update for me., when fully charged the battery drain to 0% in less than 5Hours.
I have factory reset the phone but still same problem I even replace the battery but It still thesame thing.
Please help me with a solution or refer me to the page where the solution was discussed.
Thanks
From what you read that happened to lots of phones after update, you still went ahead to update your phone. Get yourself another phone. It happened to my redmi note 7 after updated to miui 12.5, it stopped some functions like turning off when initiates call.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ayekotoo(m): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ogarexmas:
My Redmi note 9 keeps going on and off, when there's a call immediately the phone rings it goes off and restart. When I'm watching movies on it if there's a change in the sound of the movie, maybe somebody is shouting it goes off and reboot.

I thought it was a virus and I factory reset my phone but there's was no improvement. I also updated the Redmi note 9 to the latest update still the same problem.

Please how do I solve this issue?

@genius43
@atheistandproud
Wow! A replica of my redmi note 7's problem. Mine happened when I updated to miui 12.5.3 . Except I factory reset it .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vahyela(m): 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ayekotoo:

From what you read that happened to lots of phones after update, you still went ahead to update your phone. Get yourself another phone. It happened to my redmi note 7 after updated to miui 12.5, it stopped some functions like turning off when initiates call.
We always look for solution after a problem... That's exactly what happened to me..
I am not aware of the issue until it happened I even replace the the battery thinking the battery is the problem before I discovered it is a general issue With the update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ogarexmas: 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ayekotoo:

Wow! A replica of my redmi note 7's problem. Mine happened when I updated to miui 12.5.3 . Except I factory reset it .

Please how did you solve the issue?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fijiano202(m): 10:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
atheistandproud:

Reinstall full ROM is the first thing I can think of.

Also, does it go off when connected to a charger? If no, then it's your battery. If yes, then it's software.
that's the solution... If then it's software issue.. Just check the power button.. That's all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fijiano202(m): 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
Vahyela:

We always look for solution after a problem... That's exactly what happened to me..
I am not aware of the issue until it happened I even replace the the battery thinking the battery is the problem before I discovered it is a general issue With the update.
not general. Issue.. Re install the full rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vahyela(m): 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
fijiano202:
not general. Issue.. Re install the full rom
How will I do that ...
Thanks for the response
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ne0w1zarD: 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2022
pls guys who has ordered this from jumia before, is it original with no issue?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by just2endowed: 12:35am On Jun 30, 2022
Vahyela:
Good evening everyone.
Thanks

Board need to be changed which I can do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ogarexmas: 2:30am On Jun 30, 2022
atheistandproud:

Does it go off if a call comes in when it's connected to a charger?

Yes, it goes off when the phone is connected to a charger
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 2:49am On Jun 30, 2022
Ayekotoo:

when I told some guys here to be careful with the way they jump to updates their phones anytime a new update pops out, they come out barking like a dog that is on a leash.
you'll hear something like "download full ROM, restart severally, download manually" and all those kind of bullshit making it seem like xiomi is flawless... the thing is that Xiomi software is bad and very unstable and that's the issue Xiomi needs to focus on. How I go dey fear on top say I wan update my phone? To download update manually na fasting and prayer sef. nawa oo. Shey na everybody get time for that one? Updating your phone should be the easiest thing a lay man should do without any problems, but for Xiomi, it's the opposite. other than that issue, they produce good phones.

they should fix it asap.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 2:52am On Jun 30, 2022
Ogarexmas:

Yes, it goes off when the phone is connected to a charger
nor be JuJu be that? the thing wey go pain you well be say, if you change the battery and you later find out it's not a battery problem, you nor go fit cry.

factory reset or downgrade the ROM version that you're on and see if it solves the problem, if it doesn't, then maybe it's the battery then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ogarexmas: 3:14am On Jun 30, 2022
Reminderz:

nor be JuJu be that? the thing wey go pain you well be say, if you change the battery and you later find out it's not a battery problem, you nor go fit cry.

factory reset or downgrade the ROM version that you're on and see if it solves the problem, if it doesn't, then maybe it's the battery then.

Please how do I downgrade the Rom version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 5:11am On Jun 30, 2022
Ogarexmas:

there are many YouTube tutorials and articles online to do that. if you can't do it yourself, give it to a competent phone software engineer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankman365(m): 7:06am On Jun 30, 2022
Vahyela:
Good evening everyone.
Thanks
Are you sure you're on the latest update?

The picture below is from my rn8 v12.5.2 Android 11.

Full charge takes me to work till 5pm with browsing and chatting. I will still have some percentage.

I have never repaired the phone before.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:07am On Jun 30, 2022
Reminderz:

there are many YouTube tutorials and articles online to do that. if you can't do it yourself, give it to a competent phone software engineer.

You wake up this morning and decided that you want to hard brick someone's device ehn?

Na wa oh.

With all what you've been saying, I thought you would caution him about Google's anti rollback policy. Turns out you probably don't know what it is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:11am On Jun 30, 2022
Ogarexmas:

Do not listen to such stupid advice or you'll enter another race this morning.

Go and reinstall the full ROM. Search for how to reinstall full ROM. I and several others have posted it here repeatedly.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FryMosquito: 7:17am On Jun 30, 2022
Ne0w1zarD:
pls guys who has ordered this from jumia before, is it original with no issue?
It's original and it's from Xiaomi Official store. If in doubt you can use pay on delivery POD
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samuuel504(m): 7:20am On Jun 30, 2022
frankman365:

Are you sure you're on the latest update?

The picture below is from my rn8 v12.5.2 Android 11.

Full charge takes me to work till 5pm with browsing and chatting. I will still have some percentage.

I have never repaired the phone before.

You can visit this site for more details (https://learncelltech..com/2022/06/Boost-Android-Battery-Life.html)
It explains comprehensively on how to preserve your android phone battery and also it give best tips and healthy practices for your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by obuneme: 7:40am On Jun 30, 2022
Morning guy.. ever since I got my redmi note 9 pro, I noticed it doesn't record calls automatically. Please is there a way to make it record calls automatically?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fijiano202(m): 7:41am On Jun 30, 2022

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ogarexmas: 7:52am On Jun 30, 2022
atheistandproud:

Do not listen to such stupid advice or you'll enter another race this morning.

Go and reinstall the full ROM. Search for how to reinstall full ROM. I and several others have posted it here repeatedly.

Please will reinstalling the full ROM solve the problem?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:08am On Jun 30, 2022
Ogarexmas:

Please will reinstalling the full ROM solve the problem?

Even Xiaomi's software developers cannot confidently answer that.

I have given you a possible solution, what you choose to do with it is up to you.

Good luck.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donzzykay: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2022
13days old redmi note 10 Pro 8gb/128gb(glazier blue) for sale.

Comes with pouch and screenguard..

Whatsapp / Call 0 8 1 0 6 6 4 4 0 6 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donzzykay: 8:19am On Jun 30, 2022
8/128gb

0 8 1 0 6 6 4 4 0 6 8

13days old

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2022
atheistandproud:

You wake up this morning and decided that you want to hard brick someone's device ehn?

Na wa oh.

With all what you've been saying, I thought you would caution him about Google's anti rollback policy. Turns out you probably don't know what it is.
leemao, hardbrick? shey you read the place where I talk say if e nor sabi do am, make e give person wey Sabi?

you know how many things Google nor accept for their policy wey people still dey bypass am? if you nor sabi do am, talk say you nor sabi do am.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 8:25am On Jun 30, 2022
Donzzykay:
8/128gb
0 8 1 0 6 6 4 4 0 6 8
13days old
genius go come for you now.. better remove this post before e wake up.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapez: 8:32am On Jun 30, 2022
obuneme:
Morning guy.. ever since I got my redmi note 9 pro, I noticed it doesn't record calls automatically. Please is there a way to make it record calls automatically?
android policy on all phones! You can't record calls automatically and when you try to record call, it will be shouting to the other person that you are recording undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:39am On Jun 30, 2022
Vahyela:
Good evening everyone.
Thanks

How old is your phone?

Consider a battery change. It has nothing to do with the update just Hardware wear and tear.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:39am On Jun 30, 2022
womenareapez:
android policy on all phones! You can't record calls automatically and when you try to record call, it will be shouting to the other person that you are recording undecided

There is a solution for that since last year grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8951) (8952) (8953) (8954) (8955) (8956) (8957) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.