Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9361040 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9016) (9017) (9018) (9019) (9020) (9021) (9022) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2022
lilwayneme:
Good morning house, please I've been trying to downgrade from miui 12.5.6 back to miui 11 on my redmi 9 but all I keep getting is error "can't verify old version". Please I need to downgrade my phone has been buggy since the upgrade, it switches off frequently and on itself whenever it decides it's time(na the phone dey use me right now no be me)
Please I need help as all the YouTube videos on the solution are recorded in hindi

The update is most likely not your problem,
is your phones memory almost full ?
Do you have a memory card on the phone ?
Are there apps you had recently downloaded from third party sources ?

You can also redownload the full ROM (not incremental) that you're already in
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilwayneme(m): 8:49am On Sep 16, 2022
I have about 9gb free space, I hope that's enough? I'm considering selling the phone. I just need it in good shape so the buyer won't return it back. I don't use memory card. The only app I downloaded recently that I gave permission to install from unknown source was installed after the reboot issues started.
I don't understand the part you suggested I download the full rom... Please put me through on how to fix this
Meister:

The update is most likely not your problem,
is your phones memory almost full ?
Do you have a memory card on the phone ?
Are there apps you had recently downloaded from third party sources ?

You can also redownload the full ROM (not incremental) that you're already in
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Leemekzy: 9:21am On Sep 16, 2022
JIGGERNAPPY:
Please where can I get an ORIGINAL replacement screen for Redmi note 11 pro.

I fell with my phone on my hands yesterday and my screen went blank.

Do any one have an idea if I can get an original one and how much.

I'm in Lagos. Thanks
REDMI official store at computer village beside 3chub awolowo road.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 9:47am On Sep 16, 2022
genius43:

Scotweezy has this.
okay, will chat him, but will prefer min of 30k mah
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2022
lilwayneme:
I have about 9gb free space, I hope that's enough? I'm considering selling the phone. I just need it in good shape so the buyer won't return it back. I don't use memory card. The only app I downloaded recently that I gave permission to install from unknown source was installed after the reboot issues started.
I don't understand the part you suggested I download the full rom... Please put me through on how to fix this

Just do a factory reset and reinstall full ROM Shikena
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Radarada08: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2022
genius43:

Download manually and install.

If you check like 5-20 pages back the link is available there
Hi, please confirm if this is the link: https://bigota.d.miui.com/V13.0.12.0.SKFMIXM/miui_SWEETGlobal_V13.0.12.0.SKFMIXM_bb277eed1f_12.0.zip
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:05am On Sep 16, 2022
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Radarada08: 10:13am On Sep 16, 2022
genius43:

Yes
Okay, I've downloaded it. How do I install? There's no option for it.

I also noticed my version hasn't updated here.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilwayneme(m): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2022
Of the latest 12.5.6 that I'm currently on right?
genius43:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2022
Radarada08:
Okay, I've downloaded it. How do I install? There's no option for it.

I also noticed my version hasn't updated here.

how to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11/12 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:53am On Sep 16, 2022
Seekhimnow:

Ads are not allowed here.

Edit your post please.

Please be guided.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2022
genius43:

Scotweezy has this.
Thanks for the recommendation chief.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilwayneme(m): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2022
Please which one is the full ROM... I need help on this. Thanks I appreciate your effort
genius43:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
lilwayneme:
Please which one is the full ROM... I need help on this. Thanks I appreciate your effort

Full ROM is the firmware itself.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilwayneme(m): 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2022
The one I see after factory reset? If yes will I download it manually again then reinstall manually too... Please I need you to help me with little details on what to do after factory reset
genius43:

Full ROM is the firmware itself.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Radarada08: 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
genius43:

how to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11/12 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process.
All done! Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JIGGERNAPPY(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2022
Leemekzy:
REDMI official store at computer village beside 3chub awolowo road.

Thanks boss.

I'm there now. They charged me 50500 for the replacement screen.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Leemekzy: 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2022
JIGGERNAPPY:

Thanks boss.
I'm there now. They charged me 50500 for the replacement screen.
WOW 50,500? make my screen no get issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chykekelly(m): 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Good afternoon house. I'm considering upgrading to MIUI 13 on my Redmi note 10 pro. I've been getting the Upgrade notification for a while now but I want to be sure that i won't lose my files in the process. Should i go ahead or do i need to backup my files first? Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dilly55: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2022
Please house is it normal for a fast charger to shock some one every once in a while when touched in the mouth that connects to the phone. I have bought about three chargers now and it's the same, make my phone no go spoil o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
lilwayneme:
The one I see after factory reset? If yes will I download it manually again then reinstall manually too... Please I need you to help me with little details on what to do after factory reset

You will download the ROM Manually and update manually.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dilly55:
Please house is it normal for a fast charger to shock some one every once in a while when touched in the mouth that connects to the phone. I have bought about three chargers now and it's the same, make my phone no go spoil o.

Check if your source of power doesn't have a leakage. Either your Neutral is faulty or your Earth is failing.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dilly55: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
genius43:

Check if your source of power doesn't have a leakage. Either your Neutral is faulty or your Earth is failing.

You mean either the extension or the wall socket right?

Can it cause damage to the phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leetylee: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
mainola:

Theme name?
downloaded it from plsystore and it's a lockscreen anyways. Search for iOS 16 lockscreen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dilly55:

If it touched your bare skin, yes it will shock you well. Lol.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Dilly55:

You mean either the extension or the wall socket right?

Can it cause damage to the phone?

Yes to the first and second yes if a surge happens it can damage your board.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dilly55: 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
genius43:

Yes to the first and second yes if a surge happens it can damage your board.

Thanks a lot, will look into it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Radarada08: 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
chykekelly:
Good afternoon house. I'm considering upgrading to MIUI 13 on my Redmi note 10 pro. I've been getting the Upgrade notification for a while now but I want to be sure that i won't lose my files in the process. Should i go ahead or do i need to backup my files first? Thanks.
Hi, I upgraded to MIUI today (also Redmi Note 10 Pro) and I didn't back up my files. No file was lost, everything was intact before and after update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by obisite: 11:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hello gurus!

How do a scrolling screen shot asin a long scroll scree to shot, with redmi 10..?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oluadex99(m): 12:32am On Sep 17, 2022
After I updated my Redmi 9t the battery percentage was stuck at 50%, any solution?

Please help me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 4:49am On Sep 17, 2022
Damaged screen Redmi 8a dual, pls how much will it cost me to get a replacement?
Engineers in the house pls come to my aid!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9016) (9017) (9018) (9019) (9020) (9021) (9022) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.