Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. (40770 Views)

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors / How To Know And Avoid Domestic Violence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 6:36pm On May 09, 2016
noblegrex:
it will be too hard for kids to understand the things of aged peeps. So many kids in here can't understand your points..thumbs up for you cos you've got points to prove.any of the above can provoke a man. I don't pray for shits to happen but as quiet as I can be,I'm not sure of what I'll do to my wife if she's found cheating...

I always tell guys who are quick to say hey can never beat a lady to rather pray o God o give them a woman who will not turn them to wife beaters.

Some ladies are pahethic...they can change your destiny with curses and can bring back the dead with abusive words...some will use unprintable words on ttheir hubbies tha even satan will marvel yye they say...dont beat a woman...i personally met a lady who told me that she prefers to be beaten and i told her GOD FORBID But i latter realized why she said so cos this babe is a professor of curses,abuses and so much that when she confronted a guy in my presence i was like...its a lie.

The fact remains that guys should avoid beating a lady even when we know some of them deserve it.

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 09, 2016
Ishilove:

Is a woman's lack of mouth control the cause of domestic violence in most cases?

Mostly. The ones i have seen.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by bluestone2015: 6:36pm On May 09, 2016
Dear woman. When your marriage turns incessantly violent. LEAVE. Marriage is not a do or die affair. If you stay back and die, many will blame you.

5 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Mamatee07: 6:37pm On May 09, 2016
bezimo:

I am not the one involved, I can never be involved because I would never do that, I believe there are mother ways to addressing this issue without assault. So don't address your submissions as if its me that is involved.
However, you must be aware that not all men are gentle men and easy going who would want a divorce when unwanted behaviour is displayed by their wife, we know there are men who are not gentle and not easy going and these class of men may react by assaulting their partners when provoked by one of the triggers pointed by the Op.

There are men who beat their wives for even the way she carries things, she looked at him somehow blah blah. A beast is a beast and that's why women need to give themselves a brain and leave on he hits her once

Yes not all men are gentle the same way not all women are gentle and that's why some women will also killed their husbands for cheating. I guess those men too deserve it. When Women start retaliating in the ways they know how on wife beaters you lot will know what's up

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nixiepie(f): 6:38pm On May 09, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,
Must you even hit your child? undecided
What a warped post ! cool
face ya front eeediot....
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 09, 2016
Mamatee07:

I'm not the type of woman any man can beat. I have solders on speed dial that will paralyse him for life. It's all those women that let coward wife beaters get away with it that are at fault. When they break his legs once in his life he will never lift a finger to another woman

Lol so when you get soldiers to break your husband's leg, you ll return to the marriage and live happily ever after? You ll have peace and enjoy the marriage? Please don't sell this thinking to our younger girls, or else the children of the next generation will be raised in war torn homes, they won't turn out well. It is better to have mom and dad living separately than to have them together in a hell home.

If you husband is abusive, kindly leave the marriage. All this bravado will ultimately not end well for either party and the children. I'm sure you yourself know that.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Mamatee07: 6:41pm On May 09, 2016
dicefrost:

Lol so when you get soldiers to break your husband's leg, you ll return to the marriage and live happily ever after?

Return to a wife beater when am not mad. When I have my money lol. Only Mumu women stay with wide beaters. They will cripple his ass and I'll be gone. In his life he will never even look at another woman with side eyes sef

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nixiepie(f): 6:42pm On May 09, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,
Must you even hit your child? undecided
What a warped post ! cool
face ya front eeediot....
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Fourwinds: 6:44pm On May 09, 2016
kaziblake:
I totally disagree with no 3.
Mecheww

Real men don't beat their wives

kaziblake:
Mecheww

kaziblake:
Mecheww

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 6:44pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:

If you know me very well,i have no issues with people disagreeing with my stand-view but what i loathe is people using vulgar words and that is not new on nairaland so go back and read the original comments of those i responded harshly to and you will see what i mean.

Apparently you are not on same page and i don't think you were unintelligent or immature about it but some people will use very appalling comments.

Nevertheless i respect your opinion and i have no influence on how you understand what i have up there but what i wrote is aimed at educating teh women folk about how to avoid domestic violence and it is clear enough.
What have you done to educate men or your own qualification is on women education only

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by diva90: 6:44pm On May 09, 2016
Number 4 just got me ticked off! So when it comes to the men, it's okay to cheat because he 'supposedly' has an upper hand in the marriage but when it's the woman, she should leave the marriage. This mentality has to change! It is the reason why there is so much wrong going on int today's Nigerian society! Infidelity by either sex is WRONG!! And both parties should be subject to same consequences regardless of their sex!

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Peaceworld(m): 6:44pm On May 09, 2016
The OP also brought the storm on his head by putting up such a funny title. Rather the title should be... SIX FACTS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW IN ORDER TO AVOID POSSIBLE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE FROM VIOLENT-PRONE MEN IN RELATIONSHIPS. Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2016
ogorwyne:

So if the thread is useless, you have to be disgusting?

I'm here to read comments.

Buh I tell u, wen a lady lifts her hand on me... issorai,
frm birth una get mouth and Dat's whr una strength lies.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2016
kaziblake:
Mecheww

U keep pushing Him to the wall.

expecting him to just stare at U in return.

continue searching for Ur real man ooooooo

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Fourwinds: 6:46pm On May 09, 2016
[/quote][b][quote author=kaziblake post=45458060]I totally disagree with no 3...A woman who goes out to work in order to feed you and the kids while you stay home doing nothing have every right to insult and even deny you sex.

Mecheww

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Olabestonic001(m): 6:46pm On May 09, 2016
dare2differ:
We shouldn't make domestic abuse a gender thing. It can also be financial, emotional, verbal and psychological. For every promise a man makes not to hit a woman, a woman must also make the same promise and vice versa. What about we encourage people not to control others with any means of coercion?

Very sensible assertions there!
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 6:46pm On May 09, 2016
Danfuster:

so also real women don't provoke men... It goes both ways.

Ps: I'm no misogynist and I'm with the motion any man who hits a woman should be dealt with accordingly
Provocation must happen in marriage because disagreement/quarrels must arise. Any man that isn't ready to be provoked isn't ready yet for marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by kaziblake(f): 6:48pm On May 09, 2016
Fourwinds:
[b][/b]
What?
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Peaceworld(m): 6:49pm On May 09, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

She is CR7's future wife o...lol.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Peaceworld(m): 6:50pm On May 09, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

She's CR7's future wife o... LOL.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by akyus(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2016
sabiguy:

So what about a man who goes out to work in order to feed you and the kids while you stay home doing nothing also have every right to insult, deny u sex and beat the crap out of you right??

You are a good example of r e t a r d e d n e s s and imbecility. The man wey go marry u don suffer. I rebuke your kind of Lady in my life. Amen
Please don't be too harsh when replying to their comments as most of them are the products of abusive marriages. Tell me why any sane lady who is breed in a happy home will think it's right to insult her own husband.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by kaziblake(f): 6:54pm On May 09, 2016
spill:

I wish I can click 1,000,000 likes for your post.
Any man that gets married to that lady will be declared COMPLETELY FINISHED.

MEN RUN AWAY FROM SUCH LADIES, IF THINGS TURN BAD FOR YOU AND SHE BEARS THE FAMILY LOAD FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, SHE WILL COMPLETELY FINISH YOU WITH INSULTS AND SILLY ATTITUDES.

TOKS2008, I LOVE YOUR WORDS OF ADVICE.
NOTE: Not everyone has the ability to comprehend.
Thank you smiley
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 6:54pm On May 09, 2016
sabiguy:

So what about a man who goes out to work in order to feed you and the kids while you stay home doing nothing also have every right to insult, deny u sex and beat the crap out of you right??

You are a good example of r e t a r d e d n e s s and imbecility. The man wey go marry u don suffer. I rebuke your kind of Lady in my life. Amen
Stay at home mums don't stay at home doing nothing. Correct that impression

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by huntax(m): 6:55pm On May 09, 2016
Mamatee07:
I

He doesn't have to help he around the house but sh must help him pay bill abi and even in som cases be the breadwinner? What then does he bring to the marriage!

Imagine you are a woman, you wake up earlier to cook and get kids ready for school and then head to work where you spend the same hours as your husband or even more. You get home home have to cook and tak care of kids while he sits his ass around doing nothing. Abeg which of those 2 is no the weaker sex?! Can anyone b happy with such? ? Yet that woman will pay half of the bi or even more
All these is just like saying u can't carry a child for 9 months, ur husband has to help u carry 4months out of it. It's a different case when the husband is jobless, he can pull some weight, but it doesn't mean the wife has to be a douche about it. Some women would even shout at their husbands to prove their dominance.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by greenify: 6:55pm On May 09, 2016
Strahovski1:
Useless...

No matter what. You have no right to hit a woman. A man abuse you would you punch him? NO. But a woman you will.

*Pulls out dick and start masturbation on threaD*
Is said than done. When u get marry pray dat devil should not use you. All these things when u are doing it, u will not know until d damage is done.
Pray against the spirit of anger.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by stingbreed(m): 6:56pm On May 09, 2016
Strahovski1:
Useless...

No matter what. You have no right to hit a woman. A man abuse you would you punch him? NO. But a woman you will.

seems u haven't been with a lot of ladies, most women are really aggressive & in an argument they usually get physical first..
I would never hit a woman but that doesn't mean i should watch her hit me... Shey u get.. ?

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by josite: 6:56pm On May 09, 2016
GANJAFARMER:
Yes ! If my child crosses the rubicon several times with light warnings and all mouth warning he will get the message after all when he grows up the same society won't bart an eye in throwing him into jail if he comes short of the law. The ruin of every nation starts from the homes of its own people.
My elder sister's first child tapped a woman's ass in a private school where they don't beat them and the woman refused to report to the school authority and the mom went bananas on him and he got the message.
Yes I'll beat my child with all love and anger then the corrections will come.
. nice one but don't ever beat a child or anyone in anger.do it with love.for a child always face him down and lash the butt with short cane. don't even use a belt.for a grown up child like your wife just give her only one strategic slap on the cheek.women hate facial ugly marks so she won't insult u again.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by kaziblake(f): 6:56pm On May 09, 2016
akyus:
Please don't be too harsh when replying to their comments as most of them products of abusive marriages. Tell me why any sane lady who is breed in a happy home will think it's right to insult her own husband.
GOD bless you for this.
May your days be long

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by menstrualpad: 6:57pm On May 09, 2016
Nigeria's constitution allows for beating as a form of correcting one's wife.
Strahovski1:
Useless...

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by armyofone(m): 6:58pm On May 09, 2016
Too unfortunate the police system doesn't work in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Ask brothers that slapped or beat sisters in civilized societies what happened to them.
There are better ways to settle marital disputes not by beating.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by huntax(m): 6:58pm On May 09, 2016
kaziblake:
You sound matured do I won't insult you smiley
Everything I wrote there is out of experience so you won't blame me
Thanx for the compliment. You also seem to be well experienced. I'm sure u are much calmer than u put out to be. But in case u have friends that behave badly to men, advise them. No one condones women hitters, but it's safe not to light a match in a gas filled room.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by akyus(m): 6:58pm On May 09, 2016
Peaceworld:
The OP also brought the storm on his head by putting up such a funny title. Rather the title should be... SIX FACTS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW IN ORDER TO AVOID POSSIBLE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE FROM VIOLENT-PRONE MEN IN RELATIONSHIPS. Thank you.
Good observation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.