Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly (62095 Views)

Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures / Benjamin Adefemi Ogunbodede Jailed For 40 Years For N177 Million Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by oostin: 7:51am On May 11, 2016
So why does the headline read "US awards African man $1million" when the man is actually African American? Journalists and their misleading headlines.

2 Likes

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by lawrenzooo: 7:54am On May 11, 2016
Localamos:

Judicial system goes beyond the walls of the court room. In this story, you can see the staggering figures of innocent convicts that would die. More worrisome is the racial profiling and discrimination that occurs within the American judicial system.

If you want to praise the courage of a few people to put hope in their judicial system, then that's fine. But if you tell me that theirs is 'sound' (syn: accurate, without blemish, perfect), then I think that would be going over the line.

No human system is perfect. That's why people exploit the systems unfairly.

Yeah u get the point I was trying to make no human system is perfect some are relatively fair while others are not.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by kossyablaze(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2016
dovelike:
Absolute rubbish!!! angry Spending that amount of years in prison doesn't mean sleeping and eating all day. What if he was sexually harrased there? Its very common. This can never happen to a white person. All those racist fuuls! angry
mtchew

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by bishop1988(m): 9:31am On May 11, 2016
I like this American film...so interesting..
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Kolency(m): 10:27am On May 11, 2016
doskie:
theres a nairalander who goes by the pseudonym BRYAN360. if he reads a comment that is entirely your opinion, he will call you funny names like zombie and all. I just don't know what color the sky is in the place he was born. See the picture of an encounter i had with him. I was totally innocent.
Noted Sir
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by jeje123(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2016
Peacetemi:
I disagree with you sir. 40years?? If Bill Gates had spent 40 years in jail, and after his release got paid 1million dollars, would he be the billionaire that he is?? They already killed the man's destiny, God save us from such things. Amen!!
If America were like our great country where human right were not value what would happen to innocent man?

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by hausadreturn(m): 10:51am On May 11, 2016
shugaboy6102:
I cried within wen i read this.After 40yrs u give a man u wrongfully imprisoned $1m this is satanic and cruel.even bill gates money is too small for that wasted years.am sure he has no wife no children no nothing.That guy shud have been idolised and given all right and priviledges by the state to have and own watever he wants because even if he commited the crime 40yrs is so much talk more of an innocent dude.what a wicked world
he was given a million dollars. What'd have happened if say na naija?

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by DICKtator: 11:01am On May 11, 2016
Akshow:
I think you lack comprehension skills except you are just being mischievous.

No i don't

The story said,"more than $1million" and not $1million.

it could be $1.5 million or more but less than $2million.

Please read again before concluding!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Akshow: 11:12am On May 11, 2016
DICKtator:

No i don't

The story said,"more than $1million" and not $1million.

it could be $1.5 million or more but less than $2million.

Please read again before concluding!!!

grin grin grin grin
mtcheeeeew.Com. If it's 1.5 mill it will be clearly stated. Just a little over a million. And even if it is 2mill it's still to small a compensation for wasted forty years of one's existence.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by 400billionman: 11:23am On May 11, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry

Seriously..

No..
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by 400billionman: 11:26am On May 11, 2016
Peacetemi:
I disagree with you sir. 40years?? If Bill Gates had spent 40 years in jail, and after his release got paid 1million dollars, would he be the billionaire that he is?? They already killed the man's destiny, God save us from such things. Amen!!

Nah people with poor mentality dey hail the $1m after 40 YEARS..

I wont take $1m for even 40 wrongful DAYS in prison..
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by banio: 12:39pm On May 11, 2016
40 year in prison. How was the guy curing?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Guyman02: 12:41pm On May 11, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry

Cos he is BLACK African American, the racism continues to play out.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by ojinku(m): 1:06pm On May 11, 2016
Akshow:

That one na prison gratuity
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Horlar995(m): 1:52pm On May 11, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!
People that drives range Rover, Build Duplex, marry wife, born children, have 17 shops in alaba, buy car for their parents, travels around the world, .....My Question is oooo ,

She dem no come out from woman T*TO??

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...
MY NAME IS : CHUKWUDIEZIGBOTEGWU CHUKWUKADIBIA ..
ADDRESS: ORILE IGANMU LAGOS

The question is: do u want him to give u dz type of blessing, some nigerians are too desperate for money ......40 yrs in jail means 20 yrs in real life(nigerian prison though)...what if he had invested that 20 yrs to become the second richest man in the world and it worked out...are u sure u want this type of blessing.....even when God picked Dangote's call, it wasn't a blessing in this type of disguise (20 yrs) in jail......what if the man is gonna die after two months of receiving the money........."Mafi ola olola toro"....... PRAY FOR WHAT U REALLY WANT before u start regretting........toh
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by whoisuche: 2:19pm On May 11, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!
People that drives range Rover, Build Duplex, marry wife, born children, have 17 shops in alaba, buy car for their parents, travels around the world, .....My Question is oooo ,

She dem no come out from woman T*TO??

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...
MY NAME IS : CHUKWUDIEZIGBOTEGWU CHUKWUKADIBIA ..
ADDRESS: ORILE IGANMU LAGOS

Some of them work and plan for it then through the Grace of God it was achieved. Do ur path, which by working hard and also put ur trust in God. Dn't follow bad ways to make it. God will c us through in Jesus Christ Name Amen.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 11, 2016
Isoni:
This can only happen in a country with a sound judiciary system.

Here in Burkina Faso we all envy this man grin grin grin

"Sound judiciary system" sentenced an innocent man to almost 40years incarceration undecided
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by kvngbree01(f): 6:02pm On May 11, 2016
40 years dats very long. But thank God he has been exonerated. Am sure there are some pple who died in prison for something they didnt do. May God help him use his remaining life happily.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by winj: 6:04pm On May 11, 2016
if he is white it will be at least 1 million for every year spent.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by michelism(m): 6:32pm On May 11, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
More than 200 million naira. grin Baba God ooo. grin

Se o fe sewon ni?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by allentino73: 9:21pm On May 11, 2016
Peacetemi:
lipsrsealed
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by allentino73: 9:22pm On May 11, 2016
Peacetemi:
lipsrsealed. Amen to That!
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by adeleke12345(m): 10:42am On May 12, 2016
$40,330 per year in jail and they gave him that amount. what if he wasnt paid, what would happen. there isnt anything like racist here. most people who fought for his release were whites. whites dont hate blacks, they just hate our behaviours. there are blacks who have more white friends than blacks in america and other countries.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by adeleke12345(m): 10:43am On May 12, 2016
some nigerians have spent more years and 5 naira has not been given to them. would you go fighting them. $1m is not small money. and hes the latest. who says you cant be what you want to be at age 60.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by adeleke12345(m): 10:51am On May 12, 2016
the man behind kfc , at what age did he start?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by elbaraj001(m): 5:55pm On May 15, 2016
bakynes:

Rich you say? He might have made more than that or less than that in the 40 years, can the 1 million dollars compensate for no sex, no marriage, no children for 40 years?
I don dey..think am too...o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Imprisoned For Attempting To Meet With 14-Year-Old Girl In UK (Pix) / Nigerian Rotimi Olaleye Found Dead After Night With "Trans" Prostitute in Texas / Uduak Emmanuel Arrested For Drugs In Cyprus, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.