Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly (62097 Views)

Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures / Benjamin Adefemi Ogunbodede Jailed For 40 Years For N177 Million Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by gurunlocker: 7:10pm On May 10, 2016
Old news.... congrats tho

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by aubventure: 7:11pm On May 10, 2016
GloriaNinja:
Such thing will never happen in Nigeria.

He would have been dead by now
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Opistorincos(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2016
any pvssy wey dis man knack immediately after ihn release go hear ween

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by mountainguy(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2016
if na nigerian,hmmm you rot for there,for my area,you stay out late at night highest 10pm, pako police go raid ur ass and say u no do anything
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by chigoizie7(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2016
Wonderful.

That man would have gotten morethan that if he had sued the state.

40yrs?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by akankemi1(f): 7:11pm On May 10, 2016
not enough compensation joor...spent his youth behind bars
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by laprince(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2016
dovelike:
Absolute rubbish!!! angry Spending that amount of years in prison doesn't mean sleeping and eating all day. What if he was sexually harrased there? Its very common. This can never happen to a white person. All those racist fuuls! angry

I concur with you.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by symbianDON(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2016
40 yrs in jail for a crime he didn't commit!!! see how they wasted most of his life!! $1m isn't enough compensation jooor

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Udokang1(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2016
Lucky you Come serve ur jail term for Naija, u go feel am...
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by dandostism88(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2016
What?? Noooo, $1m is not enough compared to psychological effect and the stress he passed through in the prison...

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Taiwo20(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2016
modath:

The things some "elders" say sef!! One is tempted to ask if dementia hasn't set in.

Are they CBN cash movement unit? "Begged" to share that kind of money in your house and you unlooked?

Abi o...I just dey provoke here.....

Even if na ordinary Aso ebi sef him go show face let alone that amount of money. The guy no sabi lie sef
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by danot1030: 7:15pm On May 10, 2016
That amount is too small for a 40years wrong detention abeg, they should make it $5m for him.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by AmAlbert(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2016
The particular thunder wey go fire pipo wey sentence Dis innocent man to prison wrongly dey house dey baff him children, the thunder na family thunder and e no to only fire dem e go barb dia biabia grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BTW the truth be say dat money too small, but abeg if any of una see the half of dah money abeg try lemme know maybe I nid am badly..

*sips dogonyaro and aki awusa
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by bakynes(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2016
elbaraj001:
Ah...dats nice to hear...he is finally going to be rich after long tym of suffering...
Rich you say? He might have made more than that or less than that in the 40 years, can the 1 million dollars compensate for no sex, no marriage, no children for 40 years?

3 Likes

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by tunapawizzy: 7:16pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:
God blessing in disguise!
Blessing? After 40 years..... M not sure bout that
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Etizz: 7:17pm On May 10, 2016
What will he do with his life now.....
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by AreaFada2: 7:17pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry

He could have become a major star, have kids and so on. He could have been killed by hardened criminals in jail.

Less than $5 to 10 million is rubbish. Police brutality victims get far more.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by esosuo: 7:17pm On May 10, 2016
Naija my naija I pray mak person enter prison for that long mak dem still reason him matter plus cash oh ,meaning states go reck because almost all prisoners for naija innocent pass politicians

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Taiwo20(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!
People that drives range Rover, Build Duplex, marry wife, born children, have 17 shops in alaba, buy car for their parents, travels around the world, .....My Question is oooo ,

She dem no come out from woman T*TO??

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...
MY NAME IS : CHUKWUDIEZIGBOTEGWU CHUKWUKADIBIA ..
ADDRESS: ORILE IGANMU LAGOS

My son, I can see your call clearly....
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by YelloweWest: 7:19pm On May 10, 2016
That's inadequate for 40 years!

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by otiigba1(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:
God's blessing? He was in prison for 40 years and you say its a blessing? shocked he has lost all his life. He could have been a billionaire had wife, children and grandchildren.

2 Likes

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by chiefolododo(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2016
E come dey happy? Nonsense
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 10, 2016
It simply #GODWIN# If it were here they would rather tell us that the man has been padoned, at least they can never be wrong nah. some day some year I mistakenly became a nigerian.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by slaknoah(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2016
At least they tried by giving him something.

What we talking about self 1million dollars is a lot of money (In Olumaintains Voice : elo lo ma je tin ba she si Naira... Eeh owo! )

What do you think Nigerian Government will do,if this happens to occur in Nigeria?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Dollipsejay(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:
it looks like a blessing but bro is it a blessing in that 40 years he might have made more than One Million Dollars... to me the Devil drew him back...
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 10, 2016
Taiwo20:

My son I can sell you call clearly....
I sell me call?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Phonefanatic: 7:22pm On May 10, 2016
Not concerned about the money I'm just concerned about the pain and emotional torture this man went through every day knowing he didn't commit the crime he is serving.

Life is unfair and if the witness had died the case is closed forever.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by udemzyudex(m): 7:22pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:

If na play stop am.... Haba, person spend 40years in prison and u get mind dey say God blessing... Rubbish
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by GANJAFARMER: 7:23pm On May 10, 2016
VickyRotex:
No amount of money can replace the wasted years.

Oga o. 40 years is a lot. Long before I was even born. embarassed

And I already feel like I've lived for 100 years. undecided
His jail time was a stark reminder of the embers of slavery and the championing of racism.

He should take the money and go in peace and ensure raises better children that won't fall into the same problems in the future.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by fireforfire: 7:23pm On May 10, 2016
Only??
Too small to compensate him for d lost years
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 10, 2016
amnestylaw1:
With that money, hecould go to school, get the best education and invest in a business that will take care of him and his children (if he will have any).

Will that buy back the 40 wasted years?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Imprisoned For Attempting To Meet With 14-Year-Old Girl In UK (Pix) / Nigerian Rotimi Olaleye Found Dead After Night With "Trans" Prostitute in Texas / Uduak Emmanuel Arrested For Drugs In Cyprus, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.