Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly (62090 Views)

Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures / Benjamin Adefemi Ogunbodede Jailed For 40 Years For N177 Million Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by GloriaNinja(f): 9:39pm On May 10, 2016
kalu01:
i dont normally do this but congrat on your FTC grin
What's FTC?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 10, 2016
Peacetemi:
I disagree with you sir. 40years?? If Bill Gates had spent 40 years in jail, and after his release got paid 1million dollars, would he be the billionaire that he is?? They already killed the man's destiny, God save us from such things. Amen!!
those that imprisoned him are destiny killer, his cry just went up to God that is why he release him. That is not really a blessing.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by GloriaNinja(f): 9:40pm On May 10, 2016
aubventure:

He would have been dead by now
Correct!
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Chicagoesontop: 9:40pm On May 10, 2016
Peacetemi:
I disagree with you sir. 40years?? If Bill Gates had spent 40 years in jail, and after his release got paid 1million dollars, would he be the billionaire that he is?? They already killed the man's destiny, God save us from such things. Amen!!

You Are Right My Fellow, Maybe, Even His Mama And Papa Don Die, And He Didn't Witness Their Burial, Not To Talk Of Knowing Where They Were Buried !

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by GloriaNinja(f): 9:42pm On May 10, 2016
lilzcee:
people are wrongly accused of doing what they didn't do, and are being sentenced to prison here in Nigeria
i know, what i mean is that Nigeria can never an innocent inmate one million.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by meisterkitan(m): 9:42pm On May 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Tears of Joy! But how on earth should America of All nation Wrongly incarcerate someone for 40 good years!

In fact that money too small o!

What is good about those years?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 10, 2016
Sylvester70:
i will see how much nnamdi kanu will be paid to keep him shut after his release,i know his request will always be "LET MY PEOPLE GO" we are strongly in front and behind you be strong.

and who says he will be released?

the guy don reach where im go old.

you are strongly in front and behind him. lmao. in your house eating akpu right?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by captianfreeman(m): 9:49pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!
People that drives range Rover, Build Duplex, marry wife, born children, have 17 shops in alaba, buy car for their parents, travels around the world, .....My Question is oooo ,

She dem no come out from woman T*TO??

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...
MY NAME IS : CHUKWUDIEZIGBOTEGWU CHUKWUKADIBIA ..
ADDRESS: ORILE IGANMU LAGOS
O boy , you funny die. grin
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!
People that drives range Rover, Build Duplex, marry wife, born children, have 17 shops in alaba, buy car for their parents, travels around the world, .....My Question is oooo ,

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...

I don't even know which one is more worrying, that peeps like you won't mind doing anything, even going to jail for 40years just to make it judging from the tone of your post or that some 90something fellas out there actually liked your post signifying that they are in the same boat with you.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by DICKtator: 9:53pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry

Can't you read?

Please read and digest every words written before commenting.

Thank you!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by DICKtator: 9:55pm On May 10, 2016
He would be paid more than $1million !!!.

Kindly read the story once more

And this is subject to appeal!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by lawrenzooo: 9:56pm On May 10, 2016
Peacetemi:
U just said bill gate. There are those who never make upto 1million dollar all there life! Even a U.S brigadier General (O- 7) would have to walk for at least 10 years to accumulate that amount.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Peacetemi: 10:03pm On May 10, 2016
lawrenzooo:

U just said bill gate. There are those who never make upto 1million dollar all there life
But billionaire wasnt written on Bill Gates' forehead when he was born. Who knows what that man could've also achieved?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by EbolaParasite: 10:03pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:
God blessing in disguise!

What should we call the 40 year incarceration? Satan's Blessing?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by pet4ril(f): 10:05pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!

lolzzx grin grin do you want to go and spend 40yrs in Nigeria prison? cheesy
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by lawrenzooo: 10:12pm On May 10, 2016
Peacetemi:
But billionaire wasnt written on Bill Gates' forehead when he was born. Who knows what that man could've also achieved?
And who said he still cannot achieve it. Perhaps that is God's own pay of providing him capital.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry
If a prisoner in Nigeria spends 40 yrs in prison unjustly how much compensation do you think he deserves?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by dapsonlou(m): 10:15pm On May 10, 2016
Just 1m for 40yrs? God punish them.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Localamos(m): 10:16pm On May 10, 2016
Isoni:
This can only happen in a country with a sound judiciary system.

Here in Burkina Faso we all envy this man grin grin grin

If the system were sound, he wouldn't have gone to jail in the first place. You couldsay their system is better than that of your country, but it's certainly not sound (enough).

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Sylvester70(m): 10:16pm On May 10, 2016
Ioannes:

and who says he will be released?

the guy don reach where im go old.

you are strongly in front and behind him. lmao. in your house eating akpu right?
ur type are the reason africa is backwards,instead of u to stand up for what is right, u are here showing ur eba infected iq.why would u hold someone prisoner when u have no evidence against him in a law court
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Isoni(m): 10:24pm On May 10, 2016
Have you considered if he had the right representation in court, maybe he could not prove his innocence during his trial and that may not be attributed to the system.

To get justice after 40 years means their judicial system is good.

Localamos:

If the system were sound, he wouldn't have gone to jail in the first place. You couldsay their system is better than that of your country, but it's certainly not sound (enough).
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by kareemkamil(m): 10:24pm On May 10, 2016
See Nigeria mentality, so all dis years d guy waisted in prison, are u people saying he can nt cover over Billions Dollars in his life operations. May God uniform Nigeria thinking.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 10, 2016
Sylvester70:

ur type are the reason africa is backwards,instead of u to stand up for what is right, u are here showing ur eba infected iq.why would u hold someone prisoner when u have no evidence against him in a law court

and your type is the reason why the Hope of Africa is very bleak.

instead of you to show common sense you are here showing your akpu infested iq.

go to Guantanamo bay and see prisoners, terrorists who are being held there without any court injunction in the USA.

when somebody threatens to wipe out other ethnic groups in Nigeria simply because he was poorly brought up, and is amassing wealth and stockpiling weapons to prosecute a genocide, and also inciting his dumb-ass followers like you to kill other people of different ethnic colorations, then he should be incarcerated indefinitely.

you can join him in prison sha, it's your God given right to keep him company for as long as he stays there.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by lawrenzooo: 10:27pm On May 10, 2016
Localamos:

I wonder what u mean by sound system. Am sure there is no legal system anywhere in the world that reads a suspects mind. You have to give it to them as not too may legal system even visit case from the past. I guess if it was Nigeria we would simply say the court aired in its judgment like justice Umar told us about Tinubu. And the man would be release
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by echodrum(m): 10:28pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
do you know how many people who have been executed wrongly? Here you have A man who is even happy that his remaining life is given back to him PLUS $ 1 mill on top!! Oh boy you be trouble maker ohh!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by lawrenzooo: 10:30pm On May 10, 2016
kareemkamil:
See Nigeria mentality, so all dis years d guy waisted in prison, are u people saying he can nt cover over Billions Dollars in his life operations. May God uniform Nigeria thinking.
Not that he cannot cover but how many people covered it at less than 60?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by echodrum(m): 10:31pm On May 10, 2016
marsoden:
Blood of Jesus! 40 what? 1 million dollars? That's too poor.
how many prisoners are roasting in Nigeria prison for something they no little or nothing about? Who dey give them freedom not to talk of compensation!!
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by DLioness(f): 10:31pm On May 10, 2016
ClintonNzedimma:
can dis be done in nigeria?
this is a good justice system
We too gv compensation /damages in court. Bsides the money given to him is too small.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Localamos(m): 10:38pm On May 10, 2016
Isoni:
Have you considered if he had the right representation in court, maybe he could not prove his innocence during his trial and that may not be attributed to the system.

To get justice after 40 years means their judicial system is good.

What is your understanding of 'judicial system'?
Who are the agents in the judicial system?
Is there a difference between 'sound' and 'good'?

If you can answer these questions intelligently, then there would be no basis for contention.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Stallione(m): 10:42pm On May 10, 2016
GloriaNinja:
Such thing will never happen in Nigeria.
oooh my gosh,ua so pretty!!!
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Localamos(m): 10:48pm On May 10, 2016
lawrenzooo:

I wonder what u mean by sound system. Am sure there is no legal system anywhere in the world that reads a suspects mind. You have to give it to them as not too may legal system even visit case from the past. I guess if it was Nigeria we would simply say the court aired in its judgment like justice Umar told us about Tinubu. And the man would be release

The smart pants praised America's 'sound' judicial system. Not me. So he has to define what sound means.

True, the gesture is touching (in a positive way), but it is because their system isn't sound, that's why an innocent man was made to spend all of his productive years in jail. Except there is a new definition to 'sound'.

And I think the word you meant to use is erred, not aired. wink
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by DLioness(f): 10:49pm On May 10, 2016
GloriaNinja:
i know, what i mean is that Nigeria can never an innocent inmate one million.
Stop sayn wat u dnt knw. We pay compensations /damages in court. The supreme court abt 2 years ago or there abt ordered a lawyer to pay bk to his client abt 2 million naira jst bcs he failed to tel hs client dt he had no legal rit/cause of action in the case ;there by wastin his client 's time and money. Bsides the money given to this man is too small. 40 years is no joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Imprisoned For Attempting To Meet With 14-Year-Old Girl In UK (Pix) / Nigerian Rotimi Olaleye Found Dead After Night With "Trans" Prostitute in Texas / Uduak Emmanuel Arrested For Drugs In Cyprus, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.