Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,190 members, 7,835,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly (62092 Views)

Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures / Benjamin Adefemi Ogunbodede Jailed For 40 Years For N177 Million Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by koolaid87: 8:35pm On May 10, 2016
Peacetemi:
I disagree with you sir. 40years?? If Bill Gates had spent 40 years in jail, and after his release got paid 1million dollars, would he be the billionaire that he is?? They already killed the man's destiny, God save us from such things. Amen!!

Amen!!
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:36pm On May 10, 2016
I remember this man's story. Thank God they compensated him. But they wasted his youthful days. Foolish policemen, stupid court of law.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 10, 2016
SMH @ Nigerians. How many people that have commented so far have made 100 million naira since their existence on earth? grin
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 10, 2016
He would be paid triple if not more if he was white a man..
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by CioAngels(f): 8:40pm On May 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Tears of Joy! But how on earth should America of All nation Wrongly incarcerate someone for 40 good years!

In fact that money too small o!
Our fantastically looting/stealing/corrupt leaders, would they have thought of doing this to a poor Nigerian? Rather, they will steal the money and share amongst themselves in amaechi's house.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Amaihian4Frank: 8:40pm On May 10, 2016
Wat a pity, am very sure dat nigeria will not pay such money to an innocent man
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by thexzy(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2016
Even if its too poor, but I believe it should be able to take care of him till further notice.....Remember some of his free valence mates that have lived up to 40years have not been able to cough out even N10million not to talk of $1million. Atleast He'§ been compensated... @ all @ all na en bad pass.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 10, 2016
Peacetemi:
I disagree with you sir. 40years?? If Bill Gates had spent 40 years in jail, and after his release got paid 1million dollars, would he be the billionaire that he is?? They already killed the man's destiny, God save us from such things. Amen!!

And what if he wasn't impresoned at all and he spent 40 years without 1million dollars worth ? Isn't this an example as well?

Tho the 40yr is fucking much.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Youngzedd(m): 8:44pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry

I thought I am the one that observed that.

1 mil after 40 years, that's very bad.

Because he's an African.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by stevecantrell: 8:49pm On May 10, 2016
AreaFada2:

He could have become a major star, have kids and so on. He could have been killed by hardened criminals in jail.

Less than $5 to 10 million is rubbish. Police brutality victims get far more.

Rodney King got 2 Million and was found dead in his swimming pool years later...foul play ?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Frankamah11(m): 8:57pm On May 10, 2016
Hmmm...they really took away his whole!!...just wandering if the $ 1mill.can really get back his life. Thanks stars he was vindicated,not all men lives to see thier innocence proven. I hope those mischievous police who forced the then kid to testify against will be reasonably brought to book as deterrent to other police or law officers. Such cases is observable our Nigerian officers which is pretty bad. God bless America!!

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by waka2: 8:57pm On May 10, 2016
the only blessing here is his name being cleared,40yrs is nt a joke,he could have become dangote of today,infact he suppose to sue them.The man won't know practical of what world is at the moment except newspaper and news, oma seoo
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Emmy0203: 8:58pm On May 10, 2016
Guy no wori baba god done hear ur prayer amen
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!
People that drives range Rover, Build Duplex, marry wife, born children, have 17 shops in alaba, buy car for their parents, travels around the world, .....My Question is oooo ,

She dem no come out from woman T*TO??

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...
MY NAME IS : CHUKWUDIEZIGBOTEGWU CHUKWUKADIBIA ..
ADDRESS: ORILE IGANMU LAGOS
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by babajay69: 9:11pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life wastaken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry
I totally agree
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 9:11pm On May 10, 2016
How can you people be blinded to the real situation here. 40 yrs was taken away from that mans life, judging from the pics he was about 18yrs old then that should put him at about 58 -60yrs old now. And people are celebrating, pushing aside the torment he went through all those years, the family he could have had, the education he could have gotten and probably the wealth he could have accumulated which maybe could have been far greater than €1mil.
What I see here is a case of a system that is unjust.
well I pray that he finds peace in all that's happened.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Sylvester70(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2016
i will see how much nnamdi kanu will be paid to keep him shut after his release,i know his request will always be "LET MY PEOPLE GO" we are strongly in front and behind you be strong.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by doskie(m): 9:14pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
Bullsheet! Just one million dollars for forty years? The compensation is very shabby. Forty years of his youthful life was taken for crying out loud! I'm pissed. angry
that's true. Exactly what I was thinking. Its just like buying his entire life for 300million naira. At age 60. What will he enjoy again? The rides? Women? Integrity? Fame? Food? What will that money mean to him.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by lumeneng22: 9:15pm On May 10, 2016
Everything about Nigeria is always upside down. If prison warder no kill you, lawyer go dupe or police go replace you with another person etc etc.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by doskie(m): 9:15pm On May 10, 2016
edoziebobbyyahoocom:
How can you people be blinded to the real situation here. 40 yrs was taken away from that mans life, judging from the pics he was about 18yrs old then that should put him at about 58 -60yrs old now. And people are celebrating, pushing aside the torment he went through all those years, the family he could have had, the education he could have gotten and probably the wealth he could have accumulated which maybe could have been far greater than €1mil.
What I see here is a case of a system that is unjust.
well I pray that he finds peace in all that's happened.
i clicked like. Dont thank me please.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by possibilita(m): 9:16pm On May 10, 2016
Akshow:
guy 40yrs oh,40. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,.............39,40.no b small thing 40yrs,no high sch,no ps 2,no season films,no pus.sy pundering.all his life are spent in a room without window chai.

But bros dem try small coz if na 9ja,u must pay bail b4 u leave d cell.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by mfm04622: 9:18pm On May 10, 2016
Luckylife:
God blessing in disguise!

How is this a blessing? He lost 40 years of his life! For just $1M? If offered that deal, will you take it?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by galadima77(m): 9:23pm On May 10, 2016
john4reala:
Baba God oooo!!
People that drives range Rover, Build Duplex, marry wife, born children, have 17 shops in alaba, buy car for their parents, travels around the world, .....My Question is oooo ,

She dem no come out from woman T*TO??

Abeg Baba God Just pick my call .... incase you are seeing my call and you don't know who is calling...
MY NAME IS : CHUKWUDIEZIGBOTEGWU CHUKWUKADIBIA ..
ADDRESS: ORILE IGANMU LAGOS

With all the profane language?
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by doskie(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2016
Kolency:
Too small but still ok 4 Him. Cos D man must'v lost taste wt d outside world. Who knws if He would'v bin alive till date had it bin He wasn't jailed. Doh innocent on dis specific crime but we dnt knw His lifestyle den. N we all knw(History) hw d 70's was, Racism n all dat. My toht doh
theres a nairalander who goes by the pseudonym BRYAN360. if he reads a comment that is entirely your opinion, he will call you funny names like zombie and all. I just don't know what color the sky is in the place he was born. See the picture of an encounter i had with him. I was totally innocent.

Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by franco3075q(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2016
Woke na ife
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Opoki(m): 9:33pm On May 10, 2016
I heard someone saying blessing in disguise?

God! I don't want this kind of blessing o.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by chidozieikeji2: 9:33pm On May 10, 2016
This will show u that police is your friend all over the world american police also. Corrupt
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by miky(m): 9:34pm On May 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Tears of Joy! But how on earth should America of All nation Wrongly incarcerate someone for 40 good years!

In fact that money too small o!

That Statement alone makes me realize you have. ever ears of the slave plantation and Indian genocide, now the cops shoot blacks for fun and get a pension.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by cococandy(f): 9:34pm On May 10, 2016
I don't think that's enough compensation.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 10, 2016
racism at it's peak. so the court just looked at him and decided that 40years of his life is worth just $1million.

useless beings.
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by GloriaNinja(f): 9:38pm On May 10, 2016
Taku555:
why? cry
can Nigeria offer an innocent released inmate one million naira? hell no!
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by chidozieikeji2: 9:39pm On May 10, 2016
thexzy:
Even if its too poor, but I believe it should be able to take care of him till further notice.....Remember some of his free valence mates that have lived up to 40years have not been able to cough out even N10million not to talk of $1million. Atleast He'§ been compensated... @ all @ all na en bad pass.
u think money is everything so u don't know that this guy didn't marry and also he don't have children where will he start now an even if he has children don't u know the children have been deprived of fatherly care wich is very important
Re: Court Awards $1Million To Ricky Jackson For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly by meisterkitan(m): 9:39pm On May 10, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
More than 200 million naira. grin Baba God ooo. grin

Iwo naa fe lo jaili o .. Olorun oba pickup the callcall grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Imprisoned For Attempting To Meet With 14-Year-Old Girl In UK (Pix) / Nigerian Rotimi Olaleye Found Dead After Night With "Trans" Prostitute in Texas / Uduak Emmanuel Arrested For Drugs In Cyprus, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.