Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing (34005 Views)

I CAUGHT HIM: I Caught My Friend Doing This...He Thought I Won't Know [PHOTO] / Help!!! He Releases Or Lose Erection When His Pennis Touched His Gf Vagina / I Loved Him, He Broke My Heart, And I Have Been Cursing Him Deep. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by jbravo006: 12:04pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:
Our company recently employed this guy, we worked in the same company before, then he was a manager and i was a junior staff.

I left the company years ago and joined another, so few months ago he got employed in my new office as a Director.

When he resumed, being that i knew him before, i started playing around with him, like when he was introduced to us, i was like oo, common, i hug him tightly and people were surprise at our closeness before i informed them that we have worked together before.

I am a jovial person, so each time i go around his office, i will call him boyfriend, my love, hope no girl is trespassing cos i will fight o and his subordinates will laugh and say you are not serious.

On the job, we get to work together at times cos i am a Manager now, we go for meetings etc, then some of his job includes doing some short production, even though i am not employed as a video producer, i told him i can do those for him personally, cos i recently learn those, he was surprise before but he decided to give me a try, i did it for him and he liked it, he became close and said i was helping him solve alot of problems.

Recently when he comes to my office, he will ask my PA where is my woman and that one will laugh knowing i started it but i just thought that was it though.

So last month when we went to the Palms Mall, to seek for permission to film their facilities in the short production work we had, we were together then he decided to do some shopping, i helped him carry the things he bought and just had fun, he took me to shoprite and ask me to shop, i just pick two things, drink and rice and he said is that all i said yes, he started showing me things, take this, take that i said i was okay, that it wasnt appropriate to come here and start shopping like its month end. So we left, in the car he said, you do have some very good attribute girl, i said like what, he said never mind and we drove off.

After that he started asking if we can have lunch but most time our lunch time dont sync, so i told him not to worry, then he asked for a dinner, i close late, im a workaholic, so most times i will agree but i will work till 9pm and he would have waited and get tired and left.

Finally i get to have a dinner date with him and he ask if we could do this more often, i said why not boyfriend jokingly, the next time we were having dinner, I said boyfriend let me greet that guy there, i really needed to meet him, he has a contact i need for work, he held me and said you call me boyfriend jokingly, i want you to mean it lol.

After i met with the guy, he started telling me how he loved me and how he will really love us to be in a relationship, he doesnt expect a yes and he knows its so wrong on all level because we work in the same place, but i can think about it and give him a response later that he will respect any decision i make.

I said thank you o, but since then, dude is so soft and nervous when he sees me, i can see the butterflies even when we are in a client meeting.

Even though he tries not to make it obvious at work, after work he is all over me

Last night we were together, i told him i am scared as he is almost 40 and not married, that i believe any guy who gets to that age, with enough money but has not married is a play boy lol. He couldn't say a word for like some minutes then he said, yes i am old enough to have been married and i had relationships, beautiful relationships with wonderful women, some didn't work because of my mistakes and because of things i neglected and some didn't work because it was not meant to work, but above all have learnt alot to be at least a better man and i am ready to make it work this time i promise, i have no doubt if you are the right girl because have known you for long and have never had a second thought about my woman, so forgive me for not making it work all these while, i want to make it right this time - MEHN THOSE WORDS RINGS IN MY HEAD LIKE KILODE, i loved the fact that he didnt put the blame on the ladies he's dated.

Now on my own side, I do not feel anything for him but i like him alot, i like that we should be hanging out, go out, do dinner and talk from morning tonight but i do not feel anything aside that. What do you guys advise.
you can grow to love him as times go on
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 12:04pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:
Our company recently employed this guy, we worked in the same company before, then he was a manager and i was a junior staff.

I left the company years ago and joined another, so few months ago he got employed in my new office as a Director.

When he resumed, being that i knew him before, i started playing around with him, like when he was introduced to us, i was like oo, common, i hug him tightly and people were surprise at our closeness before i informed them that we have worked together before.

I am a jovial person, so each time i go around his office, i will call him boyfriend, my love, hope no girl is trespassing cos i will fight o and his subordinates will laugh and say you are not serious.

On the job, we get to work together at times cos i am a Manager now, we go for meetings etc, then some of his job includes doing some short production, even though i am not employed as a video producer, i told him i can do those for him personally, cos i recently learn those, he was surprise before but he decided to give me a try, i did it for him and he liked it, he became close and said i was helping him solve alot of problems.

Recently when he comes to my office, he will ask my PA where is my woman and that one will laugh knowing i started it but i just thought that was it though.

So last month when we went to the Palms Mall, to seek for permission to film their facilities in the short production work we had, we were together then he decided to do some shopping, i helped him carry the things he bought and just had fun, he took me to shoprite and ask me to shop, i just pick two things, drink and rice and he said is that all i said yes, he started showing me things, take this, take that i said i was okay, that it wasnt appropriate to come here and start shopping like its month end. So we left, in the car he said, you do have some very good attribute girl, i said like what, he said never mind and we drove off.

After that he started asking if we can have lunch but most time our lunch time dont sync, so i told him not to worry, then he asked for a dinner, i close late, im a workaholic, so most times i will agree but i will work till 9pm and he would have waited and get tired and left.

Finally i get to have a dinner date with him and he ask if we could do this more often, i said why not boyfriend jokingly, the next time we were having dinner, I said boyfriend let me greet that guy there, i really needed to meet him, he has a contact i need for work, he held me and said you call me boyfriend jokingly, i want you to mean it lol.

After i met with the guy, he started telling me how he loved me and how he will really love us to be in a relationship, he doesnt expect a yes and he knows its so wrong on all level because we work in the same place, but i can think about it and give him a response later that he will respect any decision i make.

I said thank you o, but since then, dude is so soft and nervous when he sees me, i can see the butterflies even when we are in a client meeting.

Even though he tries not to make it obvious at work, after work he is all over me

Last night we were together, i told him i am scared as he is almost 40 and not married, that i believe any guy who gets to that age, with enough money but has not married is a play boy lol. He couldn't say a word for like some minutes then he said, yes i am old enough to have been married and i had relationships, beautiful relationships with wonderful women, some didn't work because of my mistakes and because of things i neglected and some didn't work because it was not meant to work, but above all have learnt alot to be at least a better man and i am ready to make it work this time i promise, i have no doubt if you are the right girl because have known you for long and have never had a second thought about my woman, so forgive me for not making it work all these while, i want to make it right this time - MEHN THOSE WORDS RINGS IN MY HEAD LIKE KILODE, i loved the fact that he didnt put the blame on the ladies he's dated.

Now on my own side, I do not feel anything for him but i like him alot, i like that we should be hanging out, go out, do dinner and talk from morning tonight but i do not feel anything aside that. What do you guys advise.
WICKED

1 Like

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by viktor556(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2016
SirWere:
I should prolly say some sh!t like "you're a disgrace to womanhood and diginity"

but what I'm gonna say is

you should have let him know you was playing
seriously, what do you gain from being so uncouth?
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 12, 2016
viktor556:
seriously, what do you gain from being so uncouth?
Uncouth? What do you gain by being so santicmonus undecided
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 12, 2016
Stevebamdex:
''You was playing'' what? Are you really speaking englishsad ? Sirwere indeedgrin
undecided. Did you understand me; yes or no?? Dunno why niggas be pretending like they don't say sh!t english everyday lipsrsealed
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by ClintonDal(m): 12:18pm On May 12, 2016
And if we call women gold diggers, the feminist would call for our head. You don't love him, always calling him boyfriend... chopping his money. God will judge you, maybe when you want a serious r/ship the guy would chop ur kitten too and abscond, idiat!!
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by kaboninc(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Some women are the architect of their own problems.

Btw, how old are you OP? You are likely to remain single even when you want a man with this attitude.

You think you are so hot, you flirt with men to get reactions abi, continue you hear? rubbish, mschew

That part of you you so much want people to see
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by sweetcocoa(f): 12:25pm On May 12, 2016
kaboninc:

That part of you you so much want people to see
Now you gotta be kidding me. grin

Biko what part would that be?
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by latinoKingdom(m): 12:28pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:

re you sure you ain't in love?? You love being with him, he can make you smile, you enjoy his company, my dear you are in love, you don't just know and you don't wanna accept it that you are in love
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by ebujany(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:

40 years old? Are u ready to marry a man that old? Because I think if a relationship is not leading to marriage at this stage of ur life then what is it for? Look b4u leap
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by sisisioge: 12:40pm On May 12, 2016
Hmmmm, I think u more than like him. But if I'm totally wrong, hand him over. Sisi will take care of your big baby for you. Tell him to call me...
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by NevetsIbot(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2016
a moment of silence for our brother in the friendzone.

Girlie... You caused all these. You took thing overboard. What were you expecting him to think if you kept bring up the word 'boyfriend' everytime. You were joking,,,, heard.... Never do things like this again.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nwiboko26(f): 12:43pm On May 12, 2016
Apart from love there are other things involve in a relationship.why nt give him a chance.?who knows it might workout.what matters is whom u find peace with.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 12, 2016
your write up sum it all, tell him how you feel about him, that's if you are sure of how u feel and won't feel jealous later if u discover he moved on with someone else. Most guys usually get fooled by this antics.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:

grin u friendzoned him
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 12, 2016
NevetsIbot:
a moment of silence for our brother in the friendzone.

Girlie... You caused all these. You took thing overboard. What were you expecting him to think if you kept bring up the word 'boyfriend' everytime. You were joking,,,, heard.... Never do things like this again.
grin grin grin lmao, thats why if i don't have anything to discuss with a girl, i won't talk to her grin Girls and friendzone
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by captianfreeman(m): 1:05pm On May 12, 2016
IAmTobore:
Freeman? I thought you were dead?
Not yet.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by hollartundey22(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2016
lolzzzz....(observation)you dont have anything for him,but u like him,u even put'a lot' deir self,like being around him always,hmm?i dont think so,check your heart very well gf,u do have feelings for him,you just to scared to admit it ,maybe because of his age or some other things you noticed about him,but i think you do have feelings for him.you just have to let the feelings out so it can be natured by both of you.give him a try,it obvious hes the serious type and ready to treat you like the angel you are.guys are much more emotional than ladies,the problem is just that our strong head will not allow ,most of us to show it out so that why we hide it sometimes.just give him a try and you might find that feeling u have for him springing out were u hide it.but if you searched you heart after a while and tried a million times and u still cant find the love u have for him,then be plain to the man and let him go,he will understand.but dont come back to him when you are now seeing with another lady ooo or ask us to help you out den ,cuz it will be too late. Good luck smiley
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 12, 2016
nlfan:

Let me judge u

u like this guy but u dnt have feelings for him. i think this is so because either the guy is not handsome but sexy and hell u have a thing for handsome guys so he doesnt fit in to ur dream guy or the guy is handsome but not sexy and u really want a sexy guy or the worst case scenario:the guy is both unhandsome and unsexy.However he is a great talker so u like being in his company listening to his deep voice enjoying his sense of humour but no u wouldnt get down with him because of one of above plus he is 40!

Op receive sense and think

1 Like

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by phillthy(m): 1:19pm On May 12, 2016
You led him on....you is a playgirl as he is a playboy
Not good at all bae
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by MarieSucre(f): 1:21pm On May 12, 2016
Delphi:
@nlfan, the last time I checked, people like marrying their friends. If he makes a good friend but no tizzling feelings generated now, then allow the relationship to tarry a bit. With time, love and feelings may genuinely develop by actions of both of u. Learn his personality well, come closer to him to see his attributes that may trigger any feelings too. Also, try to unwind urself from your workaholic disposition as to reduce stress from urself. Maturity in both mind and body is good for marriage- I think ur guy has got it. Above all, after all checks and balances, if you cannot progress further, kindly inform him.

1000 likes. This your comment is top notch.

2 Likes

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Princepoint(m): 1:23pm On May 12, 2016
love is blind hope is dark He taught you re for real but re playing a role You just to follow ur heart and seek advise
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:25pm On May 12, 2016
Resurgence:
What sort of wickedness is this.

You should always let people who have no chance with you know immediately.

Why do you keep having dinner with him and telling him you think he is a play boy.

You keep encouraging him. The moment you noticed how he felt you should have withdrawn a little.

This is unfair, playing around with someone feeling as such. Tell him immediately how you feel. If he wants to remain friends it's his choice but stop giving him mixed signals

You are right. Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Chrisjane(f): 1:26pm On May 12, 2016
The truth is this: Love is often times not instantaneous. It starts with camaraderie...and now you enjoy his company. l think you are softly falling for this guy but you don't know it yet. We sometimes resort to self-denial when we are scared of commitment or going too deep. l bet you that when you see him with another woman, you are not only going to feel jealous but dejected!
As for me, l just want a man who can stimulate my mind, body and spirituality.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 12, 2016
kadree:
Dis reminds me of yrs back in uni. I use to av dis lady dat would always be around me in class n around campus. At a point, we were nominated as "best couple" in our dept. She would always come to d house, clean up, prepare mouth watering meal n speak well of me both in my presence n behind but if I toast dis babe to make am official (because wetin no b official, no b official ooo, learnt from experience) she go reject am hands down,insisting she is just ok bn just d way we wia.
I luk say oooooh! na me dis one wan kp as reserve bench?I no b maye na! O ti ooo! Eko lo bi mi si now! Lasgidi to sure. I started avoiding her, if she is coming from geology dept, omo I don speev enta chemistry.. I don't speak in her presence anymore, I don't inform her wen m leaving for d house from campus . Kai d tin enter her. She was forced to go report me to my closest pal dat it's like v lost interest in her. My padi just hala me say "baba, d babe don come report u to me oo" d rest na tori. Ladies, I give una hands.

Sure OAU G. I greet oo
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by AngelZee: 1:33pm On May 12, 2016
If u ask me, I think you unconsciously led him on to a large extent. That's why he kept thinking you more than like him. Either to make things clear to him nd give him a break with clear-cut distance or u give it a try & se hw it works out.[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 12, 2016
Do u expect us to clap for u?..u were only playing calling him boyfriend? ..I think u knew exactly wat u were doing, and now u succeeded, u come here to tell us u think he's a playboy, u like him, bt dnt love him, bla bla bla..sorry, bt I think u're confused n just acting like a teenager..I'm presuming u're in ur late 20's or early 30 n nt in a serious relationship n if so n u still act dis way, den sorry..u shud sort urself out n stop stringing others along
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by NevetsIbot(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2016
lilzcee:
grin grin grin lmao, thats why if i don't have anything to discuss with a girl, i won't talk to her grin Girls and friendzone
ask any girl... What's your hobby.... her answer will be instant ''friendzoning'' lol gringrin
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by kaboninc(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Now you gotta be kidding me. grin

Biko what part would that be?

That part that projects you as a strong, powerful, undeterred woman. That part that makes you appear not to care, not to be swayed, not to give into emotional antics, that in the face of difficult challenges, stormy situations, you just hold on and forge on, forcing your way through.

Like some god (fiction, as you don't believe in these things), that fights off some raging lion and the lions tears off some flesh but the pain doesn't stop you from your goal...killing the lion.

But just one thin line, so thin that even the air we breath out would break off that line, separates you from who you really are.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by sweetcocoa(f): 2:37pm On May 12, 2016
kaboninc:

That part that projects you as a strong, powerful, undeterred woman. That part that makes you appear not to care, not to be swayed, not to give into emotional antics, that in the face of difficult challenges, stormy situations, you just hold on and forge on, forcing your way through.

Like some god (fiction, as you don't believe in these things), that fights off some raging lion and the lions tears off some flesh but the pain doesn't stop you from your goal...killing the lion.

But just one thin line, so thin that even the air we breath out would break off that line, separates you from who you really are.
Oh really? Pray tell, who am I really?
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by Thylord(m): 2:47pm On May 12, 2016
You will know if you feel anything or not when you see him with another lady having dinner the same way two of you normally have dinner.very soon you will come here and start ranting that somebody has snatch your boyfrd from you.
Re: Help! He Thought I Loved Him, But I Was Only Playing by idbalo(m): 2:48pm On May 12, 2016
So you want to tell me..u want to marry another man but luvs hanging out with him...I wonder how ladies says they have boyfriend and have male has best friend...I wonder undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Waist Bead Caused Fight Between My Girlfriend And I / An Old Man Pictured Rocking A Lady / Lady Pranks Her Boyfriend With Fake Ps5. Photos And Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.