Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679539 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
oluphy:
Hello guys..... am a daily "reader" but hardly comment.... Got my visa approved on Monday... Thanks to monsier2016 and jenivah64 for the mock interviews... and also sirRiddy, fizzle and th other guys from the GRE thread... The beauty of this thread is it helps u streamline ur answers right from the application to the interview proper. Great jo guys
TRANSCRIPT
VO went straight to business, was her first applicant.
VO: How did u hear about texas a & M University, kingsville
Me: it was initially referred to me by a colleague whr I currently intern. I contacted the grad cord Dr Ali and inquired, also researched further on the faculty members and was impressed with thr high industrial experience
VO: How many schs did u apply to
Me: 3
VO: namely
Me: tamuk. LSU and purdue uni
VO: hw many admits
Me: 2, LSU and Tamuk
VO: so why did you choose TAMUK over LSU
Me: Had some1 that graduated from TAMUK, his referral made it easy
VO: took an test
Me: yes, GRE
VO: your score
Me: 307, 147v 160Q
VO: what was your UG?
Me: Chemical Engr
VO: Your masters will b in?
Me: Chemical Engineerins also
VO: when did you graduate?
Me: Feb 2015
VO: who's your sponsor?
Me: My uncle
VO: what does he do?
Me: He's a realtor, deal in the construction and selling of housing units and office complexes
VO: your visa ha been approved.
Was just numb, No expression, was d first to get approval on Monday, Be smart when answering and prepare well, give good short answers, Don lie, cos the memory wldnt be thr, u will Bleep up. Rather build the real answers smartly. Thanks... Any other person heading to TAMUK?

Congratulations oluphy and ratchy!!
God bless you
Greater heights in Jesus name

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
bukunmmy:

Congratulations Sis......... Greater Heights IJN
AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!!

Thank you, i wish you success too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
oluphy:
Hello guys..... am a daily "reader" but hardly comment.... Got my visa approved on Monday... Thanks to monsier2016 and jenivah64 for the mock interviews... and also sirRiddy, fizzle and th other guys from the GRE thread... The beauty of this thread is it helps u streamline ur answers right from the application to the interview proper. Great jo guys
TRANSCRIPT
Me: it was initially referred to me by a colleague whr I currently intern. I contacted the grad cord Dr Ali and inquired, also researched further on the faculty members and was impressed with thr high industrial experience
Me: He's a realtor, deal in the construction and selling of housing units and office complexes
Was just numb, No expression, was d first to get approval on Monday, Be smart when answering and prepare well, give good short answers, Don lie, cos the memory wldnt be thr, u will Bleep up. Rather build the real answers smartly. Thanks... Any other person heading to TAMUK?
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
ratchy:
AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!!

Sweetheart wink........You never rest finish or come down from Cloud 9 .

Since morning you say you go paste transcript , now DAY don almost end , Instead i am seeing you reply to all comment like government worker .... tongue tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
Congrats rachy n oluphy! Sometime n Very soon too u people are gonna congratulate me too grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
borie4u:
Congrats rachy n oluphy! Sometime n Very soon too u people are gonna congratulate me too grin
Amen bro. Hope u noted my small advise.... best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
AshBammy:

Congratulations oluphy and ratchy!!
God bless you
Greater heights in Jesus name
tnks miss.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
ratchy:
Congratulations
tnks boss... same to u

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by papazion(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
that part was a typo,wot actually meant was federal govt of Nigeria under d ministry of education.
I actually came out like this cos I don't want to make d same mistake.all u pointed out as been noted nd one more fin I wanna ask is can I change tht lecturer thing into teacher nd won't it look like am changing things up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
Congrats oluphy boss!... Oya gbera enter Obama nation...
Sir did you take Toefl?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
papazion:
that part was a typo,wot actually meant was federal govt of Nigeria under d ministry of education.
I actually came out like this cos I don't want to make d same mistake.all u pointed out as been noted nd one more fin I wanna ask is can I change tht lecturer thing into teacher nd won't it look like am changing things up?
what did u fill in ur ds160... nope just GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
Okay oluphy? Got any financial aid? And I just sent a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by papazion(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
@oluphy...I filled a lecturer in d one I was refused,so wanna know if I should change it to a teacher in d one am reapplying for nd I did toefl not gre scored 70....oluphy d VO didn't req u provide any doc during ur interview right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by papazion(m): 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayosco2008(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
OluDare01:

Firstly the naira was devalued, plain and clear, it does not float freely as the naira remains a managed currency and you will agree with me that the naira was 'tacitly' devalued long ago.

CBN has always been the major source of foreign exchange to dealers in the primary and autonomous foreign exchange market and the entire reason for this devaluation is to bridge the increasingly widening gulf in the value of the naira on the official market(largely driven by fiat not the implicit value of the naira) and the autonomous market (largely driven by speculation and negative consumer sentiments)

The 'black market' will exist for 41 banned items, It simply serve as a policy instrument of import control it means if you must import toothpicks, plastic and leather you must import at uncompetitive costs...

That been said, some of your projections belong to the realm of fiction, there is no guarantee that the naira will not even depreciate further with time, Nigeria has a reserve of $29 billion and a current import bill including oil imports that stands at more than $8 billion a month and a demand backlog of $25 billion, factor in the avengers that have grinded oil production to a dangerous halt, you begin to know Nigerian reserve cannot finance 5 months of import.

The naira was simply devalued so that the government can at least use the discretionary spending that comes with devaluation to develop critical infrastructure and deepen the economic base.
That been said the value i expect to be announced will approach plus or minus a few naira the former interbank rate which is #285 and it is a matter of time before pressure on the Naira renders the exchange rate inept... There is simply not enough dollars to defend the value of the naira it is widely expected to proceed the way of the Egyptian pound as one devaluation leads to another...

Projection : first 2wks 285 - 300
Third month - 370+

Culled from the ECO101 lecture I received from Gunther6

Chai.. Abeg take am easy with us engineering students. These oyinbo too much oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by daaz001: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
ratchy:
Visa approved at Lagos consulate early this morning

Will post my transcript later

Alhamdulillah Robil Alamin

Congrats @Ratchy. Wishing you the best in all your endeavors and enjoy your stay in Obamaland.

God, i look up to you for a day like this in this very month for a testimony as well....IJN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
tomisinobm:

Lol no o. The new sat has two sections, maths and (evidence based reading and writing) while the old one had three sections; maths, critical reading and writing.

DareFadi:

No oooooooo . this not correct info.

The content was changed and also negative marking removed . .........

Best to go online and note the difference so that is you are using the old study material you should know the changes and what is still relevant and what is not relevant o

I said major difference doesn't mean that I am not aware of other differences.

For me to say major is because I saw the computer based as new innovation which was not in former and removing negative marking and making it just two section is a minor difference that are similar to former SAT

I believe you grab why I marked that as Major difference..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by daaz001: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
oluphy:
Hello guys..... am a daily "reader" but hardly comment.... Got my visa approved on Monday... Thanks to monsier2016 and jenivah64 for the mock interviews... and also sirRiddy, fizzle and th other guys from the GRE thread... The beauty of this thread is it helps u streamline ur answers right from the application to the interview proper. Great job guys
TRANSCRIPT
Was just numb, No expression, was d first to get approval on Monday, Be smart when answering and prepare well, give good short answers, Dont lie, cos the memory wldnt be thr, u will Bleep up. Rather build the real answers smartly. By the way, I wasn't this fluent, but I have ds belief " so far she no fit flog me, I go talk my own".... Thanks... Any other person heading to TAMUK?

Congrats OLUPHY and enjoy your stay in Obamaland.

My testimony must appear on this thread soonest and am wishing all other JUNE APPLICANT a profound success in all the forth coming interview and i pray each VISA APPROVAL(white/golden paper) wont later turn to VISA DENIAL(blue paper) on collection day....IJN

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
papazion:
Bro, first advice..... COOL DOWN! Then itemize ur Bleep ups, Dont twist d info I ur ds160... but build a better defense. Guys here have given u all the info u need to do that... what do u mean by "orange" form??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by tomisinobm(m): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
Walspring:

I said major difference doesn't mean that I am not aware of other differences.

For me to say major is because I saw the computer based as new innovation which was not in former and removing negative marking and making it just two section is a minor difference that are similar to former SAT

I believe you grab why I marked that as Major difference..

Sir it is not a computer based exam if I'm understanding you. Its still paper and pencil.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
ratchy:
AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!!

Amen IJN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
papazion:
@oluphy...I filled a lecturer in d one I was refused,so wanna know if I should change it to a teacher in d one am reapplying for nd I did toefl not gre scored 70....oluphy d VO didn't req u provide any doc during ur interview right?

As a university graduate, are you saying that you filled a lecturer in the ds160 form instead of teacher

If I may ask what makes you fill lecturer even when you knew the truth that it's teacher and teacher taught you in high school while lecturer in polythenic and university

I guess an agent does that for you and now you realised that using an agent is not good and you want to do it yourself..

I suggest you come out clean so that you can get good advice..

Abeg no vex for my post but I just felt that something is not right although I might be wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=daaz001 post=46635786]

Congrats OLUPHY and enjoy your stay in Obamaland.

My testimony must appear on this thread soonest and am wishing all other JUNE APPLICANT a profound success in all the forth coming interview and i pray each VISA APPROVAL(white/golden paper) wont later turn to VISA DENIAL(blue paper) on collection day....IJN

Amen oooooooo IJN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bkoks: 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Walspring:

Just send blank email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and follow the steps
I did thrice..no reply, checked my spams too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
@ oluphy congrats

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
oluphy:
Hello guys..... am a daily "reader" but hardly comment.... Got my visa approved on Monday... Thanks to monsier2016 and jenivah64 for the mock interviews... and also sirRiddy, fizzle and th other guys from the GRE thread... The beauty of this thread is it helps u streamline ur answers right from the application to the interview proper. Great job guys
TRANSCRIPT
Was just numb, No expression, was d first to get approval on Monday, Be smart when answering and prepare well, give good short answers, Dont lie, cos the memory wldnt be thr, u will Bleep up. Rather build the real answers smartly. By the way, I wasn't this fluent, but I have ds belief " so far she no fit flog me, I go talk my own".... Thanks... Any other person heading to TAMUK?

Congrats bro

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.