Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680789 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2016
Greg20166:

that wasn't an answer.Thanks anyway
That's what we encourage people to do.
Or you think reading through is cumbersome and time consuming
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2016
fizzile:
Gunther6,so u mean one can get PTA easily at Stanbic without a return ticket. Does one have to open an account with them? And like how long did it take them to give you PTA?

I said you could apply, getting is another kettle of fish entirely. Yes you need to have an account with them and the account must have been operated for at least 2 months but I think that requirement can be waived. It should take 2 weeks normally but 3 weeks + I haven't gotten a single cent, I was told to exercise patience that I'll eventually get it but I have my doubts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Flight fee just increasing like sad shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Greg20166: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2016
OluDare01:
That's what we encourage people to do. Or you think reading through is cumbersome and time consuming
oga I think I have to look at my MB and 300 pages to read thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2016
OluDare01:

Emirates looking at you like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2016
Greg20166:

You are welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2016
Greg20166:

This is an insightful thread! Every info you required is here. Its like google and other search engines put together.
In other words, no one will spoon feed you or make inquiries for you. Make your inquiries and come back and ask specific questions. That's how most of us started!

While reading, you will see some schools mentioned and how much their tuition is,

Be specific, are you going for MSC,bsc or PhD?? Which course??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2016
Greg20166:

Sorry if I intruded.
Have a nice day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:04am On Jul 16, 2016
gunther6:

Emirates looking at you like
Emirates don dey reduce joor.
Even keke napep don increase
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 16, 2016
dramaka:

You can take this to the bank...NO!

If you wanna pay school fees using Form A, a return ticket is NOT/NEVER a requirement.
If you want PTA (Personal Travel Allowance and NOT BTA: Business Travel Allowance), a return ticket is a requirement. And that's applicable when you have a visiting visa, not an F1 visa.

How far? Did you eventually get PTA / BTA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Walspring:

284 for Abuja grin grin grin

Bia where did you see 284? I'm on my way to Kubwa now! You must show me oh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2016
gunther6:

I said you could apply, getting is another kettle of fish entirely. Yes you need to have an account with them and the account must have been operated for at least 2 months but I think that requirement can be waived. It should take 2 weeks normally but 3 weeks + I haven't gotten a single cent, I was told to exercise patience that I'll eventually get it but I have my doubts

I just don't understand the arbitrary nature of some things in Nigeria. One bank branch will tell you that you need return ticket for pta even on a student visa, another one will / can waive it. One bank branch will say you need an account that has been active for 2 / 3 months before being able to apply, another bank branch will / can waive it. Mind you these are branches of the same friggin bank oo.

This is an issue foreign investors typically complain about regarding doing business in Nigeria. It's just too fluid and unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Piuorji: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2016
qhutetomsel:

Is it compulsory to book a return ticket for f1 students?

dramaka:

You can take this to the bank...NO!
If you wanna pay school fees using Form A, a return ticket is NOT/NEVER a requirement.
If you want PTA (Personal Travel Allowance and NOT BTA: Business Travel Allowance), a return ticket is a requirement. And that's applicable when you have a visiting visa, not an F1 visa.

Return ticket is needed 4 PTA in some banks 4 F1 visa , i heard directly from d bank. If U dont need PTA 1way is ok for F1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2016
Fortissimo:

I just don't understand the arbitrary nature of some things in Nigeria. One bank branch will tell you that you need return ticket for pta even on a student visa, another one will / can waive it. One bank branch will say you need an account that has been active for 2 / 3 months before being able to apply, another bank branch will / can waive it. Mind you these are branches of the same friggin bank oo.

This is an issue foreign investors typically complain about regarding doing business in Nigeria. It's just too fluid and unpredictable.

I tell you bro, the staffs of this banks are no kept abreast of bank policy especially far flung branches, some of their staffs have no business been bankers I swear. I was recently at a First Bank branch after the recent 'floating' of the currency... The guy was like we don't have dollars CBN is yet to set the rate. I took a deep breath and left
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2016
Greg20166:

If you mean something like a list of requirements, check the us embassy website. The requirements for obtaining a student visa are well detailed there and easy to locate. There is no better source of us visa requirements than the us embassy / consulate itself. Once you have gone through that, you can always post any questions you have here. Everyone is happy to help when they can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2016
gunther6:

I tell you bro, the staffs of this banks are no kept abreast of bank policy especially far flung branches, some of their staffs have no business been bankers I swear. I was recently at a First Bank branch after the recent 'floating' of the currency... The guy was like we don't have dollars CBN is yet to set the rate. I took a deep breath and left

OMG!! Omo I literally laughed out loud at that. No be small tin at all. Can be really aggravating.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
Walspring:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Best known to me..

He made some good sense there! I'd even go as high as #310
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Black market just sold to me at rate of 362, mind you its 365 most quote
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by endowedlee: 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
ratchy:
it can take up to that if nothing is happening in their country but with these their latest terrors and coups , refund will be 5days max.

Announcement from their website
Dear Passengers,
Announcement from Turkish Airlines to our esteemed guests and to the public.
Upon the call of our President and Commander-In-Chief H.E. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, our operations at Istanbul Atatürk Airport have gone back to routin operation conditions.
We kindly ask our passengers to check our official communication channels for new information in order to avoid any inconvenience.
Turkish Airlines

I love your job adunke..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nelajayi(m): 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello guys,
I will be at the embassy during the coming week for my f1 visa interview. I work with an IT firm which has agreed to a leave of absence for the duration of my masters in the US. I know i'm expected to come with supporting documents like bank statement etc for the interview; what supporting document should i ask my office to prepare for me as evidence of the fact that i work with em and they are approving a leave of absence for me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
OluDare01:

Since resumption is getting closer..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
plauses:

Bia where did you see 284? I'm on my way to Kubwa now! You must show me oh!

Nah for their website..

Their office no dey kubwa ooo, abeg you dey go their office but dem no dey open during weekend.. grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
Greg20166:

You ain't ready yet because if you do am sure you will read from part 3 to current part and each part has 400 pages

Greg20166:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
OluDare01:

Emirates don dey reduce joor.
Even keke napep don increase
Hello, have you collected your passport?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ThreadsAdeleke: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
hello house

Need you guys help.Am applying for a F1 visa, already through with filling the DS-160 form, was bout picking an interview date when the website broke down since the america independence day couple with the eid mubarak break till now, have not been able to pick a date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
I was mentioned in a now hidden post? It is well ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Tods:

Hello, have you collected your passport?
Yes and you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
OluDare01:

Yes and you?
No..I'll go later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
Please guys I need to further my education in USA. I studied pure and applied physics. I graduated with 2.96/5.0. What are my chances of getting admitted for a PGD program in a related course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by debris: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
Please guys I need to further my education in USA. I studied pure and applied physics. I graduated with 2.96/5.0. What are my chances of getting admitted for a PGD program in a related course.

Quite difficult to see Pgd programmes in the States if you see any then be ready to budget $19,000 for the 1yr fee, countries like Australia and UK you see them more with courses of your choice.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Greg20166:

I can see u r not ready yet cos if I can't get money to buy data and make research for you application, where will u see money to pay for school fees of like $20,000?

Oga when u r ready, Google is your best friend.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: Bbgbs23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.