Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679937 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 12:32am On Jul 23, 2016
fizzile:
Urgent: A friend needs some info. Apart from bookings.com, please what other sites can one make hotel accomodations?
cc: Imperiouxx, oludare01, gunther6. Thanks guys

http://www.trivago.com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 12:33am On Jul 23, 2016
kinger2:

vo : so you are married after she sighted my ring i guess
me : yes

Take this part seriously and don't bleep it. Seems you didn't indicate that and the VO helped you complete your status

A time is coming that you will thank me for this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 23, 2016
cheesy cheesy bleep university, prof xyz cheesy

I can't stop laughing. This people no go kill person. wink

You guys should stop troubling yourself. It's a small world over here. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 23, 2016
ormorteey:

Congratulations! Be blessed brother. But no thanks to the 2x and y, xyz, and, xxxx, xxxtt and bleep. Thats the result of allowing bleep. We will start seeing people using their wifi passwords to replace sensible things in the transcripts, all for the sake of privacy. Will you people grow up please. Keep your transcript to yourself if you ain't gonna post any tangible thing other than thank GOD and bleeps.
cheesy cheesy grin easy brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 23, 2016
kinger2:
Transcript below
Vo: good morning, how are you
Me: good morning
Vo: your passport and i20
Me: passed them
Vo: where are you going
Me: university of bleep
vo: which course
me : mba with a concentration in accounting
Vo: why the the school and program
Me: its not just an mba, its an mba with a concentration in accounting because it delivers the skills and knowledge require to identify,measure, analyze,interpret and communicate economic data. it also focus on broad-based business cognizance which will enable me integrate accounting practice to achieve strategic plans, also the school was founded 1927, accredited by new england.... and have a faculty ratio of 16to 1 then vo cuts in
vo: how many schools did you applied to
me : 2 x and y
vo : how did you find out about the school
me: my professor who supervised my project gave me the school and i followed up by mailing prof cdq
Vo: did you write any exams
Me: NO, after mailing prof xxxttt, he said they have reviewed my transcript which was sent to them by my school,and that i am qualified and if you check my i-20 you will see that i am awarded 3kdollar academic award based on my past academic record.
Vo: what year did you graduate and what have you been doing
Me: i graduated in 2013 and i work with a firm as xxxx
Vo: who is sponsoring you
me : my father, a civil engineer and a consultant
vo : so you are married after she sighted my ring i guess
me : yes
vo ; brings out the white copy and she said congratulation bla bla bla
its all bases on God cus she just dey give blue paper but the table turned.
Allah akbar kabira
the interview be like that cowbell competition. so time conscious
grin cheesy grin Yoi are very very very very wicked!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 23, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 1:08am On Jul 23, 2016
sirRiddy:
PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-Country MSc and PhD Scholarships. Awards will be granted for studies in the 2016/2017 academic session in the United Kingdom Germany, Australia, USA and France (Grenoble INP) as well as PTDF upgraded Universities in Nigeria.

http://ptdf.esms.cinfores.com/
Thats an old stuff. As i went through the site, i saw this:
PLEASE NOTE THAT:

RECIPIENTS OF A SIMILAR SCHOLARSHIP NEED NOT APPLY.
APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY POSSESS A MASTER’S DEGREE SHOULD NOT APPLY FOR MSC PROGRAMME, BUT ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR THE PHD.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31st OCTOBER 2015.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 23, 2016
If I was Justwise, I will ban you all with this type of attitude. You peeps are those that will get to the U.S and forget this forum. You were watered here, but won't water in return, nurtured here but won't nurture in return.

Foolish people, bad citizens. Am outta here back to my Canadian thread.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 23, 2016
Thanks for pointing that out.
I thought it was for next year fall.
I guess the next application is yet to commence.
fizzile:
Thats an old stuff. As i went through the site, i saw this:
PLEASE NOTE THAT:

RECIPIENTS OF A SIMILAR SCHOLARSHIP NEED NOT APPLY.
APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY POSSESS A MASTER’S DEGREE SHOULD NOT APPLY FOR MSC PROGRAMME, BUT ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR THE PHD.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31st OCTOBER 2015.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 1:33am On Jul 23, 2016
sirRiddy:
Thanks for pointing that out.
I thought it was for next year fall.
I guess the next application is yet to commence.
The next application has already taken place and has been concluded
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 1:38am On Jul 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

Simply apply for the state driver's license at your local dmv. That's what everyone did.

Mind you, driving in U.S is different from what they do in Nigeria, most especially if you're going to be driving in a city. This is why passing road testing is harder in the cities than in towns.

Thanks. Someone mentioned it to me recently. That's why i asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 1:42am On Jul 23, 2016
Hmmm d old-roger is back undecided

Anyways...guys pls apply to Valparaiso uni..d bestest uni in d whole Wilt worlt grin
No GA sha o..but campus job is guaranteed

I de ere de wait una wink

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 23, 2016
Recruiting for dish washers. cheesy it's not hard to know a bright can do student. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 23, 2016
Y2244:
,on my request, with an initial agreement I won't be receiving any form of financial assistance since I have an external scholarship from the Nigerian Government, through PTDF

Bros I salute. UT is one of the heavies. But why did you decline financial aid from the school? Or does the PTDF scholarship prohibit you from obtaining other sources of funding? If na me I for collect that GA too o cheesy Are you going for MS or PhD?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
You know we can't all be thesame. There are people who take from you and wouldn't give back. There are grateful and ungrateful people. It's at their discretion to give full information, if they chose to do otherwise posterity will hold them ransom

Straight talk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

Straight talk.
I'm just going through my mail now. I will come to the airport to meet you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 2:18am On Jul 23, 2016
OluDare01:

Nice GRE score bro..
You might need this

https://www.zintellect.com/Home/Applicant

Take your time and build your profile, there are lots of research positions available there, you just have to dig deep.
All the best

Done did it boss, next up is?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 23, 2016
Y2244:
I have really benefited from this thread and I thought I should post the transcript of my interview that took place today, Friday 22nd.

VO: Let me have your passport and I-20

VO: Why did you choose to go to University of Texas at Austin.

Me: UT Austin is the best University for graduate studies in Petroleum Engineering. Additionally, they have an unmatched reservoir simulation research group and I have been in correspondence with the director of the research group, Prof. Kamy Spernoori and he has agreed to take me as an RA,on my request, with an initial agreement I won't be receiving any form of financial assistance since I have an external scholarship from the Nigerian Government, through PTDF and I have the award letter here for your sighting if need be.

VO: Your Visa has been approved bla bla bla.
Future bright! I bet even if it was your enemy that interviewed you or someone who hated you so much, he/she has no other option with this succinct response not to issue you a visa.

Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
I'm just going through my mail now. I will come to the airport to meet you.

Ok nice one boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

Bros I salute. UT is one of the heavies. But why did you decline financial aid from the school? Or does the PTDF scholarship prohibit you from obtaining other sources of funding? If na me I for collect that GA too o cheesy Are you going for MS or PhD?
Sharp guy. I would take the two.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Abimmbolar: 2:36am On Jul 23, 2016
essayHelp:

- Go to thegradcafe survey results page and search for your school and department. On the comments column, note the number of students with funding.

- Go to the Edulix forum and read up on all the posts on 'the school specific' thread for your school. Also, read the results thread, from 2012 to present, for your department and note the proportion of students indicating funding offers.

- Join the MS in US groups for Fall 2015 and 2016 on Facebook. Search the groups with a query that contains your school and department (remember to use the common acronyms associated with them, too). Note the number of incoming students with funding offers.

- You can also mail students already in the department to inquire about funding. Please do not ask them if there is funding in the department -- that is too generic. Try to ask for the specific number of students in their cohort who are funded through assistantships (and probably the number that obtained funding after the first/second semester).
Thank you at essayhelp.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

To add to this. GA is not act of begging, it's based on merit. Whoever merits it earns it.

If I don't get GA where others are getting it, then it means I'm not so good academically.

I can't understand how a human being can actually say that people looking for GAs are beggars. It really beats me.

Worry359 we are kindred spirits when it comes to calling out scammers and liars but mehn I think you should retract that statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:45am On Jul 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

To add to this. GA is not act of begging, it's based on merit. Whoever merits it earns it.

If I don't get GA where others are getting it, then it means I'm not so good academically.
point of correction sir. I didn't get a GA because i am in the field if liberal arts which statistically has lesser amounts to give out in terms if funding. I beg to differ on the less academically developed part sir. I believe STEM courses are highly funded and as such they stand a higher advantage.

As a rejoinder i am not saying this to be proud but i have taken pains personally to help alot of people here privately not inly by searching for information and also burning my hard earn cash in terms if credit and mb but even being queried at night as if i am a watchman. I beg you then in Gods name try to help others. Trying to protect your privacy is ok but if need be sacrifice it to help a friend. So many nairalanders have shared my phone contacts and email amongst each other and with others outside of this thread yet i wake up each day to help the little way i can. Life is all about give and take. Help someone along the way, you never know when you will be in need and trust me you will need help cus life is a bitch and bleeps us all. I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:50am On Jul 23, 2016
sunnypastic:

Oga dickoflife thank you so much Oga at the top has taken care of that
I mean Walspring. Hopefully will be sorted out today.
its cool man.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:57am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

I can't understand how a human being can actually say that people looking for GAs are beggars. It really beats me.

Worry359 we are kindred spirits when it comes to calling out scammers and liars but mehn I think you should retract that statement.
come and eat catfish barbecue and chips. I don almost chop am finish sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 23, 2016
Texrem I no hear from you again. No be so O
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 3:00am On Jul 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
grin cheesy grin Yoi are very very very very wicked!!

I dey ground...abeg holla me ur digits
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 23, 2016
texrem:

I dey ground...abeg holla me ur digits
I no get. You dey JC

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.