Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (681796 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tods report your location cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bobbieydeey: 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
Awww * hugs * #nohomo you shall find favour everywhere you go buddy, go book that flight ticket like a boss I'm almost in tears God bless you man..... Taps into your testimony tho I be team canny wink
cabayes:
Visa approved on Tuesday Morning. 7 am.
I cannot say whether I gained from this thread or not but I enjoyed reading transcripts and I love to share my experience and post thoughts.i am neither happy nor excited.

5 years ago, I was at the embassy for education advisory services for counseling and orientation. I ruled the US out my my options due to the sad and hard visa experiences and how Nigerians are treated all in the name of getting a visa. May God continue to punish our thieving leaders with different diseases for making our country unbearable for the masses. (Forgive me for using such statements)

I felt degraded and kind of lost morale and interest in getting the visa after spending hours on the queue with security checks and bio-metrics. I got into the so called interview hall and found people giving all sort of excuses and reasons to be in the USA. For my mind I was swearing for our past leaders who failed to improve our educational system /economy .

I was surprised to listen to the interview of a man who applied for immigrant but was refused due to the fact he couldn't tell the vo his date of birth. I lost morale on the spot when I listen to other interviews. At that time, I was certain I too had forgotten my name. Tension was every where.

From the entrance at windows 5,The vo drilled a young man for 6 mins or so. I stared at him and swallowed the saliva in my mouth when we had eye contact.i quickly removed my face and told god not to move me to this window 5. I was hoping to be interviewed by one of the female vo but little did I know that I was wrong. Low and behold I ended up at window 5. A middle aged man was denied in front of me as the vo found out that he lied about his purpose of traveling. At that moment my head went blank. All the practicing and ginger left me as I met the same vo.

Me- good morning sir
Vo- no answer( for my mind I say my own done be today) what is your purpose of traveling to the United States ?
Me - I am going to svsu for my msc in comms in Michigan (stammering, I'm a stammer)
Vo-no why did you chose svsu ??
Me- svsu has good academic facilities and good lecturers (still stammering while the vo was typing and wasn't looking or listening to me). He cuts me. At that point I lost morale because I didn't really express my self I lost eye contact.
Vo.- how many schools did you apply to
Me- I told him 3 (at this point I my head was down while he was staring at me and asking questions) the vo mentioned the other school on my behalf and I said yes.

Vo- when did you graduate?
Me- I told him
Vo- what have you been doing since then?
Me - I told him my job functions still stammering and heads down. Truth was that I was expecting the blue paper at this point.
Vo- says something I didn't hear and hands me a paper I didn't bother to look at. At this point I forgot my passport was not returned back to me. It was outside the consulate I met some other guys who asked me how did my interview go. It was then I was reminded that I was approved as I realized that my passport wasn't returned and I clearly saw the color of the paper in broad daylight as the vo didn't circle anything.

no documents were asked for as the vo continued to ask me questions that needed a yes and no answers.i was lucky i guess cool

I want to thank the likes of dickoflife and olan who helped me with mock interviews. Only god knows what criteria the vo used to approve me because I wasn't impressive at all. I am neither happy or excited but was wondering why all these stress for a visa.? I will always pray for my country to get better one day as my interview experience has left me with mixed feelings

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jaypoundsgmail(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
cabayes:
Visa approved on Tuesday Morning. 7 am.
I cannot say whether I gained from this thread or not but I enjoyed reading transcripts and I love to share my experience and post thoughts.i am neither happy nor excited.

5 years ago, I was at the embassy for education advisory services for counseling and orientation. I ruled the US out my my options due to the sad and hard visa experiences and how Nigerians are treated all in the name of getting a visa. May God continue to punish our thieving leaders with different diseases for making our country unbearable for the masses. (Forgive me for using such statements)

I felt degraded and kind of lost morale and interest in getting the visa after spending hours on the queue with security checks and bio-metrics. I got into the so called interview hall and found people giving all sort of excuses and reasons to be in the USA. For my mind I was swearing for our past leaders who failed to improve our educational system /economy .

I was surprised to listen to the interview of a man who applied for immigrant but was refused due to the fact he couldn't tell the vo his date of birth. I lost morale on the spot when I listen to other interviews. At that time, I was certain I too had forgotten my name. Tension was every where.

From the entrance at windows 5,The vo drilled a young man for 6 mins or so. I stared at him and swallowed the saliva in my mouth when we had eye contact.i quickly removed my face and told god not to move me to this window 5. I was hoping to be interviewed by one of the female vo but little did I know that I was wrong. Low and behold I ended up at window 5. A middle aged man was denied in front of me as the vo found out that he lied about his purpose of traveling. At that moment my head went blank. All the practicing and ginger left me as I met the same vo.

Me- good morning sir
Vo- no answer( for my mind I say my own done be today) what is your purpose of traveling to the United States ?
Me - I am going to svsu for my msc in comms in Michigan (stammering, I'm a stammer)
Vo-no why did you chose svsu ??
Me- svsu has good academic facilities and good lecturers (still stammering while the vo was typing and wasn't looking or listening to me). He cuts me. At that point I lost morale because I didn't really express my self I lost eye contact.
Vo.- how many schools did you apply to
Me- I told him 3 (at this point I my head was down while he was staring at me and asking questions) the vo mentioned the other school on my behalf and I said yes.

Vo- when did you graduate?
Me- I told him
Vo- what have you been doing since then?
Me - I told him my job functions still stammering and heads down. Truth was that I was expecting the blue paper at this point.
Vo- says something I didn't hear and hands me a paper I didn't bother to look at. At this point I forgot my passport was not returned back to me. It was outside the consulate I met some other guys who asked me how did my interview go. It was then I was reminded that I was approved as I realized that my passport wasn't returned and I clearly saw the color of the paper in broad daylight as the vo didn't circle anything.

no documents were asked for as the vo continued to ask me questions that needed a yes and no answers.i was lucky i guess cool

I want to thank the likes of dickoflife and olan who helped me with mock interviews. Only god knows what criteria the vo used to approve me because I wasn't impressive at all. I am neither happy or excited but was wondering why all these stress for a visa.? I will always pray for my country to get better one day as my interview experience has left me with mixed feelings

This is absolutely God at work.. Despite your inefficiencies, God proved himself mighty and granted you unmerited favor.
Congrats buddy..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
OluDare01:

Most of these airlines have reviewed their policy.
Even if person no pay within 24hrs, one could lose his/her reservation.
I think it's subjected to price change. If the price remains the same, your reservation remains valid for up to 48hrs

Thanks for the update bro and these airline people are cheating us because of recent I paid for a friend brother after 48 hours of the booking but it's same booking but amount was different from the initial amount I booked and the woman at the Qatar airway was saying rubbish policy and increase in exchange rate but I decided to go ahead and pay since the difference is below 10k or almost 10k

Although early hours of Monday morning as at 12:20am but I am not sure of the time again since I was sleeping when the call came in, someone called about using wakanow to book flight and I told him that they are good since I have used them before then he booked and before mid day on Monday wakanow called him about the flight that the price has changed and he will pay new money same story similar to what the Qatar airway woman told me but the price difference was much which is over 60k or so according to what the guy told me on phone.

The following day which is after 24hours the guy was panic and he called me again and I asked him to go to the airline office, before he left home wakanow called him about his booking that they will cancel it if he didn't pay at the end of that day and he told them that he won't pay because he already booked before price went up and the new call from wakanow told him that since he had booked before with that amount and he will pay for that same amount and he went to wakanow and pay for it, he called me after making payment and instantly my thought went to that qatar airways woman that she done cheat me for her mind but another mind says after all you paid with Pos and how will she claim the money from the account of Qatar airways
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
temi4fash:

Boboyi ni bo lo wa na.... Hope say u never loss sha?
i just comot family dollar gosh i go chop buffet now am walking backwards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
Jaypoundsgmail:

This is absolutely God at work.. Despite your inefficiencies, God proved himself mighty and granted you unmerited favor.
Congrats buddy..

If no be God but nah still God because it can never be another person at all

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
Daodudavid:

Hahaha bros nawao kini mose..
u dey toast without my permission. Ki lo je yo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jaypoundsgmail(m): 12:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Walspring:

If no be God but nah still God because it can never be another person at all

I tell you my brother....
Oluwa lo le se.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:05am On Jul 29, 2016
Jaypoundsgmail:

I tell you my brother....
Oluwa lo le se.....

When God is at work VO won't know when (s)he will grant he visa.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:09am On Jul 29, 2016
fmsuhgar:

Pls@Walspring, what type of evaluation, is it WES because the cGPA is already on a 4.0 scale

Yes and some schools might request for ECE.

If I may ask have you evaluate your result before and why is it on 4.0?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olaifablessing(m): 12:52am On Jul 29, 2016
Hello,
Am new, Please I want someone to help me out with my Sevis fee payment.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fmsuhgar: 12:58am On Jul 29, 2016
Walspring:

Yes and some schools might request for ECE.

If I may ask have you evaluate your result before and why is it on 4.0?

I think they are using 4.0 scale in that polytechnic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nad95: 2:00am On Jul 29, 2016
Good day pros and newbies alike. I want to write the SAT examination in December, what are the registration requirements and who can help me with good study materials that I can use. Also, I want to apply to US universities for undergrad studies and I want full funding that covers tuition, room, food, books and living expenses for the duration of my program. Kindly help me with the list of such universities.
Jah bless, ;DGood day pros and newbies alike. I want to write the SAT examination in December, what are the registration requirements and who can help me with good study materials that I can use. Also, I want to apply to US universities for undergrad studies and I want full funding that covers tuition, room, food, books and living expenses for the duration of my program. Kindly help me with the list of such universities.
Jah bless,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 29, 2016
Nad95:
Good day pros and newbies alike. I want to write the SAT examination in December, what are the registration requirements and who can help me with good study materials that I can use. Also, I want to apply to US universities for undergrad studies and I want full funding that covers tuition, room, food, books and living expenses for the duration of my program. Kindly help me with the list of such universities.
Jah bless, ;DGood day pros and newbies
alike. I want to write the SAT examination in December, what are the registration requirements and who can help me with good study materials that I can use. Also, I want to apply to US universities for undergrad studies and I want full funding that covers tuition, room, food, books and living expenses for the duration of my program. Kindly help me with the list of such universities.
Jah bless,

Go to GIEVA marina, register for Sat and toefl. Buy your textbooks there. Get good scores. If you're an average student, apply to uapb, Coppin state, Morgan state, Lincoln uni Pennsylvania. But if you're very good, Howard uni is fine. Check their websites for their requirements as they differ.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 2:25am On Jul 29, 2016
Nad95:
Jah bless, ;DGood day pros and newbies alike. I want to write the SAT examination in December, what are the registration requirements and who can help me with good study materials that I can use. Also, I want to apply to US universities for undergrad studies and I want full funding that covers tuition, room, food, books and living expenses for the duration of my program. Kindly help me with the list of such universities.
Jah bless,

I wanted to say something but I read what u posted again but I just busted out laughing. Don't know why cheesy

Anyway if you can read back like 100 pages back there is someone here who got that kind of scholarship or something related to it. I believe she can help you out with the school name and the process involved.

But better still, Google.com is your best friend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 2:51am On Jul 29, 2016
Some people will be sleeping while some be awake. Okay we are changing locations!!! Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 29, 2016
Nad95:
Jah bless,
Go to third mainland bridge say all the things here and fly, you'll surely find yourself in a school where all of what you outline would be offered cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 29, 2016
aadeyi:

I wanted to say something but I read what u posted again but I just busted out laughing. Don't know why cheesy

Anyway if you can read back like 100 pages back there is someone here who got that kind of scholarship or something related to it. I believe she can help you out with the school name and the process involved.

Lol. Edakun berea college isn't beans bros. But he could try his luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:25am On Jul 29, 2016
Nad95:
. Also, I want to apply to US universities for undergrad studies and I want full funding that covers tuition, room, food, books and living expenses for the duration of my program. Kindly help me with the list of such universities.
Jah bless,

Then you must be ready to have an almost prefect score in all your test scores (like 1580+ out of 1600 in sat ) and graduated like top 5 in your secondary class to get all this want either from the school or through external scholarship. ....... ........... so over to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 5:04am On Jul 29, 2016
pls if u r 'stingy' n u kn it smiley..before coming to d us ..hmm my blodas n sistas pls beta take some 'how to give' classes o so u can kn hw to give n b free with ursef..hmm osharee.. smiley because if u stingy for 9ja b4 n american stingyness com jam ur own 9ja stingyness for here shocked.. ewooo shocked(donald trump of otueke shocked.'OVOKO' shocked...even to spend 1quater to wash ur own clothes sef go blike goat wen wan born cow wen no gree do abortion for 2months belle shocked..u go de c 1 dollar like 10k grin.,to even dash person 5dollars sef go hard u die,,u go de reason say ...insted of me to gv dis 5dollar out..y i no just add am pay dis bill or d oda n na so u go de go o..5yrs..10yrs..n so on n so forth cheesy.

its a caged economy right ere.after bills u have just enough for food and some other little necessities. some americans are even suprised how we naija students always go for vacation/road trip bla bla bla. they always thought it to be very expensive. (dem no kn hw we de run am grin sharing tins grin..even hotel for d trip..we fit blike 9 for one room cheesy..enterprise car don suffer for ur hand ere grin) some of dem have never left dia state since de wer born. they even value the dollar more than us embarassed

listen guz,, americans r a very proper people...everytin 9 dem de plan before hand..even party sef o dem de plan d dance step n dem go count d number of dance step dem go take for d party make dem no for dance 2much (who does dat undecided).de plan d cash to spend at any occasion or party , weda na strip club o. if na 5dollar d oyibo plan to spend for dat strip club en..fogerit o .9 e go spend o..even if d stripper like make she dance all her waist break sef o. undecided.carry all her leg hang for d pole like nepa wen wan cut lite for warri sef o undecided..nutin concern oyibo o. grin. de dnt n neva exceed dat amount(come rain come shine undecided)...

u guz kn we naija na grin n our sexy spending attitude which is normally our culture of spending above d required limit in ny occasiion grin..pls keep up d spirit. grin esp wen u start working...though spend with care.try to send some cash back home even if its 5dollars sef....dont let d american stingyness overshadow ur naija giving culture oo i take god beg una..u can stil c d dollar as a naira ..forget about d currency name.,dis is 1 one reason y white gals de like 9ja guz ere..d way we give is very surprising to dem..,,its just us being us ,,not showing off smiley,,,and wen u gv more u receive more, na wetin people no de understand bdat wink(proudly 9ja)
though i kn some 9ja peeps ere dat can even kill u because of 1dollar undecided,.if u owe dem 1dollar dem fit drag ur pant n bra tear for dat 1dollar till u graduate,,marry ,born oyibo pikin grin.,d tin is dat once u start off with that stingy foot,,u wil continue like dat all ur days in america.....it pains me to hear some people uttering some stupid quotes...like guy i no come yankee com count bridge o. bla bla bla..u must gimme dat my 25 cent.....like wtf shocked. jesu kristi...oghene. shocked

nyways just b careful taking advice from people ere and dont change ur orientation too much...u can still be who you plan to be..

#peace wink....i kn say stingy people no go like dis post grin grin cheesy

P.S. dos stingy people going to d uk,,pls no need to take ''how to give'' classes....jus go for deliverance shocked

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Square65: 6:21am On Jul 29, 2016
osaama007:
@walspring thanks so much,yes I went to the embassy on 19 of may dis year but was asked to come back with new 120/and it courier package but no available date in abuja now expect lagos,that y m asking if I can book Lagos and go with the form given to me at abuja to show dem at lag

So what you received from the embassy was a call-back letter, correct? The way I know it, they used to give the chance for one to return anytime after 1 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, within 6 months of your interview, without having to make another appointment. You would have just walked into the embassy with the call-back letter as proof of appointment (perhaps this has changed). If you think this might still be the case and haven't done so already, I would give them a call to confirm if indeed another appointment is required.

If it was a denial rather than a "call-back", then of course all these do not apply. Yes, you can go ahead and book another your appointment and it's quite obvious why you would prefer the same location rather than a different one, albeit not mandatory.

For future references (especially for any other fellow out there) in some rare situations like this, the embassy might accept a scanned copy of your I-20, and perhaps if you had known, you would have gone back to the embassy with a scanned copy from the school within the deadline given to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:26am On Jul 29, 2016
Walspring:

Thanks for the update bro and these airline people are cheating us because of recent I paid for a friend brother after 48 hours of the booking but it's same booking but amount was different from the initial amount I booked and the woman at the Qatar airway was saying rubbish policy and increase in exchange rate but I decided to go ahead and pay since the difference is below 10k or almost 10k
Man must survive na grin
I made 3 reservations and I called them to be double sure before I paid, though the price changed almost immediately, I paid about 14hours after reservation to avoid stories.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:29am On Jul 29, 2016
zt:
Some people will be sleeping while some be awake. Okay we are changing locations!!! Lol
Even the timezone dey confuse the witches grin
Bro,safe trip to Obama land

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:36am On Jul 29, 2016
aadeyi:

Lool.
But that girl that got the scholarship still had to cough some dough.
Apparently, nothing is absolutely free

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2016
OluDare01:

Even the timezone dey confuse the witches grin
Bro,safe trip to Obama land

Ose fam, I will update you guys

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 6:56am On Jul 29, 2016
OluDare01:

Lool.

I can probably tell that sometimes, everything can be absolutely free tho. #dntmindMe

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:57am On Jul 29, 2016
zt:

I can probably tell that sometimes, everything can be absolutely free tho. #dntmindMe
Yh I get the perspective of where you're coming from.
God at work

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:59am On Jul 29, 2016
GTB just charged me 355/$ for online transaction shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 29, 2016
OluDare01:
GTB just charged me 355/$ for online transaction shocked
Jesus!! guess I will go and open Stanbic ibtc account today..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:03am On Jul 29, 2016
femi321:
Jesus!! guess I will go and open Stanbic ibtc account today..
You can use someone's account to pay o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:11am On Jul 29, 2016
OluDare01:

Lool.

There is a guy here but he didnt want to post his transcript cant force him , his choice , he only does pm ....his external scholarship for first degree is covering everything even his ticket from Nigeria , Sevis and Visa fee. ....

Opportunity like that dey, but u have to prove you are worth the full free ride .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hefhem39(m): 7:23am On Jul 29, 2016
international students going for their students to US and has a two years visa take a one way flight to US ............. This is begining to sound like a broken record . Yes and its been mentioned several times . If your course is more than one year you are allowed to take one way flight

Germany as long as you dont plan to leave the airport (pass through immigration) then u dont need a transit.. You would have to roam about in the airport and dont come out .... find your next boarding gate and wait there ....... If you want to come out of the airport to visit somebody in Germany (means u pass through immigration) then yes you need a regular tourist visa [/quote]

Good morning house.
Im very sorry for revisiting this issue.
pls, i want to know.
what if a program is exactly one year, is one way ticket OK for the student?

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.