Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (682010 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jide039(m): 11:22am On Jul 29, 2016
good morning great house. VISA APPROVED. 6:30AM transcript loading.....

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:27am On Jul 29, 2016
jide039:

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Phoebus(f): 11:57am On Jul 29, 2016
Congrats Jide!!! This is just the beginning of pleasant experiences for y'all! cheesy

jide039:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
LagosismyHome:

There is a guy here but he didnt want to post his transcript cant force him , his choice , he only does pm ....his external scholarship for first degree is covering everything even his ticket from Nigeria , Sevis and Visa fee. ....

Opportunity like that dey, but u have to prove you are worth the full free ride .

I got that too but I don't think I have a transcript except application stress, poor gre score, average toefl, strong research experience, and prayer!!!

*all paid by the school!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by blossomfarm: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good day friends , my interview is around d corner , I would like y'all to help with possible questions and answers. Graduated 2013 biz admin. I am going to the community college o Baltimore county for an associate degree in registered nursing. My pleasure to read from you guys , thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
Neyoalao:

And now ot has ended in praise oga mi with a more better deal than Finland. Truly the thoughts that He has towards us are for good. Na to dey do business for States now as you be hustler.

LOL!!! you follow me reach here! I was/am super happy. I dey fear to book flight again cos of the nonsense wey Finland do me. I lost 165k to wakanow last year. non-refundable amount. But I don't want to be sad again this time. AIR MAROC things mehn. 412k next Friday. sad sad sad

To others with experience. How do I book my connecting flight from JFK to my final destination? any website?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Urbanboy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
Please can anyone recommend a legit bureau de change with office around Lekki or Ikoyi? Info please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
zt:

I got that too but I don't think I have a transcript except application stress, poor gre score, average toefl, strong research experience, and prayer!!!

*all paid by the school!!!

The God you pray to is very powerful indeed.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
blossomfarm:
Good day friends , my interview is around d corner , I would like y'all to help with possible questions and answers. Graduated 2013 biz admin. I am going to the community college o Baltimore county for an associate degree in registered nursing. My pleasure to read from you guys , thanks

You need to prepare well for your interview since you apply to community college and crossing from business admin to nursing..

I guess your adviser based in Baltimore that why and to me they didn't advice you well because there are better ways of doing this rather than apply to community college and the chance of getting g visa with community college is very slim which is 0.0000000001% unless God is at work

Abi nah agent dey help you with this

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Transcript!!!

SB: Good Morning (I can't remember if I smiled or not... I meant business so I was serious about it)
VO: can't remember if he replied. dude had been sharing blue papers. (Nothing concern me), Please pass your passport. he opened the passport, typed and stood reading something for what looked like ages... nigga was reading God knows what. I thought he was reading my twitter DMs. cos I get many paroles for there lol cheesy just kidding.

SB: I stood there wondering what he was doing.
VO: Where are you going to?
SB: Georgia State University*
VO: To do what?
SB: To study Psychology*
VO: I can see you're going for your Master's degree
SB: *nods* yes, I am.

VO: what did you study at Undergraduate level?
SB: Psychology*
VO: So why are you going to study psychology in the U.S?
SB: My goal is to have a career in academia, I'd love to become a lecturer at the university of Lagos
VO: mention your favorite Psychologist*
SB: I smiled. to be honest, I can't remember why I smiled. I really like this psychologist* cos na weyrey. very controversial gangsta. I read a lot about him in my spare time. I mentioned the guy's name... Baba psychoanalysis... Sigmund baba. Olorioko bam bam. I just mentioned "Sigmund Freund*"
VO: He laughs and repeats the name. So Sigmund Freund* is your favourite Psychologist*?
SB: I was still smiling... Yes, he was a baba weyrey.

VO: Brings out white paper.

I sha saw his mouth moving. whether he was telling me to give him babe sef, I don't care. Took my white paper, i20 (oh, he said I'd need it and to pick my pp up on wednesday in isolo), I just remembered that part. I went out and drove home. cheesy

PS: I changed the name of the school, course and name of that person because of people who think word for word is the way to go. The interview went this way tho, just not the asterisked words. So, like I'm going to University of New york, to study Biochemistry, who is your fav Biochemist?

You grab? before you come and attack my transcript, It contains ALL information. you don't need to know where I'm going lol or what I want to study.

If you want more information, ask maturely. Don't give me orders.

FINALLY!!! who was at the embassy today for 6.30am appointment? Did you see that girl with massive behind? Black dress, high heels. omo!!! That girl set die. didn't see her when I got out. I for run things!

There you go. Popping bottles tonight with my guys. all locations! Festac, Ikeja, Island. Gbogbo aye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
sureb0y:

LOL!!! you follow me reach here! I was/am super happy. I dey fear to book flight again cos of the nonsense wey Finland do me. I lost 165k to wakanow last year. non-refundable amount. But I don't want to be sad again this time. AIR MAROC things mehn. 412k next Friday. sad sad sad

To others with experience. How do I book my connecting flight from JFK to my final destination? any website?
Mine was booked with cheaptickets.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
sureb0y:

FINALLY!!! who was at the embassy today for 6.30am appointment? Did you see that girl with massive behind? Black dress, high heels. omo!!! That girl set die. didn't see her when I got out. I for run things!

Shaking my head ........ Na this one dey do your eye for Embassy . Lol. grin grin You no serious
Congrats and Enjoy your new journey .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fmsuhgar: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
sureb0y:
Transcript!!!

SB: Good Morning (I can't remember if I smiled or not... I meant business so I was serious about it)
VO: can't remember if he replied. dude had been sharing blue papers. (Nothing concern me), Please pass your passport. he opened the passport, typed and stood reading something for what looked like ages... nigga was reading God knows what. I thought he was reading my twitter DMs. cos I get many paroles for there lol cheesy just kidding.

SB: I stood there wondering what he was doing.
VO: Where are you going to?
SB: Georgia State University*
VO: To do what?
SB: To study Psychology*
VO: I can see you're going for your Master's degree
SB: *nods* yes, I am.

VO: what did you study at Undergraduate level?
SB: Psychology*
VO: So why are you going to study psychology in the U.S?
SB: My goal is to have a career in academia, I'd love to become a lecturer at the university of Lagos
VO: mention your favorite Psychologist*
SB: I smiled. to be honest, I can't remember why I smiled. I really like this psychologist* cos na weyrey. very controversial gangsta. I read a lot about him in my spare time. I mentioned the guy's name... Baba psychoanalysis... Sigmund baba. Olorioko bam bam. I just mentioned "Sigmund Freund*"
VO: He laughs and repeats the name. So Sigmund Freund* is your favourite Psychologist*?
SB: I was still smiling... Yes, he was a baba weyrey.

VO: Brings out white paper.

I sha saw his mouth moving. whether he was telling me to give him babe sef, I don't care. Took my white paper, i20 (oh, he said I'd need it and to pick my pp up on wednesday in isolo), I just remembered that part. I went out and drove home. cheesy

PS: I changed the name of the school, course and name of that person because of people who think word for word is the way to go. The interview went this way tho, just not the asterisked words. So, like I'm going to University of New york, to study Biochemistry, who is your fav Biochemist?

You grab? before you come and attack my transcript, It contains ALL information. you don't need to know where I'm going lol or what I want to study.

If you want more information, ask maturely. Don't give me orders.

There you go. Popping bottles tonight with my guys. all locations! Festac, Ikeja, Island. Gbogbo aye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
Please, what reviews do you guys have about these sim cards:
1. Ultra mobile (costs 19 dollars)
2. T mobile (costs 20 dollars)
3. Ting (costs 9 dollars which makes me sceptical)

cc bigFrancis21 msnas OjaP biikeys
slimmy2005 imperouxx

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
fmsuhgar:

Congratulations

Thanks smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Shaking my head ........ Na this one dey do your eye for Embassy . Lol. grin grin You no serious
Congrats and Enjoy your new journey .

Thanks dear. You should have seen this girl!!! Mad behind. She was well drilled by a male VO tho (no p.orn intended) oops! no pun intended cheesy cheesy cheesy Shawty got gifts

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by endowedlee: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
sureb0y:
I promised myself not to post anything here until the day of my interview.
Visa Approved. Lagos consulate. 6:30am appointment. I'm still too excited to do any other thing. Can't remember the transcript, it's gonna take a while to remember, then I'll tell y'all. It was a very short one though. it took about 70 seconds in total. Please be patient, I'll share it when I don calm down and remember.

I got home and tricked everyone that I was denied. See sadness inside living room. After about 10 mins, I broke the news. see Enjoyment!!!
I'm exciteeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!

Sureboy aiye... Miss your long post... Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
Flosslive:
VISA delayed this morning

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, pass me your passport and I-20
VO: how did you learn about university of Maine.
Me: l used google for my search which in turn introduced me to Peterson guide. Peterson database includes over 50,000 accredited schools (cuts in)
VO: you are giving me a rehearsed speech I don't want that.
VO: why did you choose te university of Maine?
Me: I applied to three schools I was offered admission into all. I chose the university of Maine cos I was given my preferred course of study.
VO: cuts in again you are giving me a rehearsed speech.

VO: why did you choose university of Maine?
Me: UM has one of the lowest student to faculty ratio of 16:1 which gives me easy access to my professors and it's affordable by my sponsor.
VO: says you know what
Let's just continue
Do you have any relatives in the US?
Me: No
Types for a while and gives me the blue paper.

Please guys, I am going for an undergraduate degree in clinical laboratory science and medical technology.
What could be wrong with my answers?

I intend on getting another appointment or next week ,my schools resumes 23rd of August

Thanks guys.
So sorry bro. You have to prove to the vo that you a serious student by giving him or her a cogent reason why you chose the school . come up with a resear ch topic and not a rehearsed speech. Try to refire and prepare very well and you will get it. Gud luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
profx4real:

Mine was booked with cheaptickets.com

Thanks a lot, I'll look it up asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by HOTWATER(m): 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
olaifablessing:
Hello,
Am new, Please I want someone to help me out with my Sevis fee payment.
Thanks

PM me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by recasy(m): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
Anyone travelling to Alaska this August?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
recasy:
Anyone travelling to Alaska this August?

Why would ANYONE be going to Alaska in the winter? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Flosslive: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thank you quote author=Chinewon88 post=47990767]Flosslive, feels great to know you're interested in Clinical Laboratory Sciences. That drew my attention. All you need is a little homework, and your interview is an opportunity to lecture your interviewer. Find out about your school's CLS research strong points and try to ascertain if they tick the boxes for you, with regards to what interests you about diagnostic medicine. I do not see lack of interest in you, from your interactions on here. You'll get it right this time. All the best.

NB: Find answers. That's probably what you're going to be doing with this degree.

Please, guys, I just dey come from zenith bank where I found out I can't pay for my WES evaluation with my Mastercard. What other options do I have?

[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
sirRiddy:
Please, what reviews do you guys have about these sim cards:
1. Ultra mobile (costs 19 dollars)
2. T mobile (costs 20 dollars)
3. Ting (costs 9 dollars which makes me sceptical)

cc bigFrancis21 msnas OjaP biikeys
slimmy2005 imperouxx
Only T-mobile family plan cost 23-35 dollars depending on the amount of people registered on the family line. Ultramobile has shitty network coverage and poor data speed. I don't know about Ting. But if you want a better network and a data speed better than ultra, settle for lycamobile. Lycamobile network is far better than ultra mobile and it also cost $19 monthly. Get something cheaper, cos schools have wifi on campus and you should have a wifi at home or dorm and since you don't drive now there is no need for more data. You can always upgrade to other network when you have proper need for on-the-go data.

T-mobile also has a shitty network too. If you school has hills and mountains stay clear T-mobile.

I use cricket mobile and it's been good so far, It cost me $45 a month since I'm on auto renewal. I don't want family plan wahala and also I need data for GPS and music.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by yungwhales: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
I just wanna thank God for his Grace. I would like to endeavour everyone who is applying for their visa to pray that God gives them grace of favour. "Grace: he gives people Grace even if you aren't worth it, -He Is God of Grace- ". I had my interview on the 28th July. 12:45. I was issued. it was really stressful and I taught all hope was lost but because God still answers prayers "prayed and fasted for a week, didn’t sleep at home, just told them i was going to church" guess it was worth it. I wanna thank Walspring so much, he is a brother to me, a helper, he is like a backbone to me, and every time I got stuck all I needed was to call him. Thanks so much. Thank you.
VISA INTERVIEW:
VO: Good Morning.
Me: Good afternoon sir.
VO: Tell me about yourself, your plans in the U.S.A, what you are doing, information you think I should know in details please.
ME: My name is ***, I am going to SMSU for my undergraduate degree in finance, Corporate finance to be précised. I am currently not working but I went for a voluntary computer program which lasted for 9 months.
VO: what have you being doing since you finished secondary school?
ME: I applied for USA visa last year but I was delayed, the VO said i wasn’t qualified yet to be issued a visa.
VO: so what have you being doing since you finished your school are you working?
ME: No I am not working, just studying for the computer programme because I wanted to add knowledge of finance and computers together guess it would be cool.
VO: How many month is your program
ME: It lasted for 9 months.
Visa Officer: Who sponsoring?
ME: My dad would be sponsoring, He is a *** as Profession, he has investment in Real Estate and he is into Oil and Gas. He has a couple of Gas stations.
Types in his computer for long then gives me the white paper, “you have being issued your visa. You can pick in 3 working days.
Thank you so much sir.

I know my interview was really shitty, I even did better than this last year but when God decides to give Grace no one delays thank God. Thank walspring, Thanks sis, and Thanks to everyone for sharing their interview also, helped a lot. Success to people still expecting their visa issued too.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
endowedlee:

Sureboy aiye... Miss your long post... Congrats

Jekomo!!! Thanks bro. smiley I'm super excited. Turn up Friday cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
Congrats @sureb0y .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thank you
slimmy2005:
Only T-mobile family plan cost 23-35 dollars depending on the amount of people registered o. The family line. Ultramobile has shitty network coverage and poor data speed. I don't know about Ting. But if you want a better network and a data speed better than ultra, settle for lycamobile. Lycamobile network is far better than ultra mobile and it also cost $19 monthly. Get something cheaper, cos schools have wifi on campus and you should have a wifi at home or dorm and since you don't drive now there is no need for more data. You can always upgrade to other network when you have proper need for on-the-go data.

T-mobile also has a shitty network too. If you school has hills and mountains stay clear T-mobile.

I use cricket mobile and it's been good so far, It cost me $45 a month since I'm on auto renewal. I don't want family plan wahala and also I need data for GPS and music.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by endowedlee: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
sureb0y:

Jekomo!!! Thanks bro. smiley I'm super excited. Turn up Friday cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na you o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
yungwhales:

I just wanna thank God for his Grace. I would like to endeavour everyone who is applying for their visa to pray that God gives them grace of favour. "Grace: he gives people Grace even if you aren't worth it, -He Is God of Grace- ". I had my interview on the 28th July. 12:45. I was issued. it was really stressful and I taught all hope was lost but because God still answers prayers "prayed and fasted for a week, didn’t sleep at home, just told them i was going to church" guess it was worth it. I wanna thank Walspring so much, he is a brother to me, a helper, he is like a backbone to me, and every time I got stuck all I needed was to call him. Thanks so much. Thank you.
VISA INTERVIEW:
VO: Good Morning.
Me: Good afternoon sir.
VO: Tell me about yourself, your plans in the U.S.A, what you are doing, information you think I should know in details please.
ME: My name is ***, I am going to SMSU for my undergraduate degree in finance, Corporate finance to be précised. I am currently not working but I went for a voluntary computer program which lasted for 9 months.
VO: what have you being doing since you finished secondary school?
ME: I applied for USA visa last year but I was delayed, the VO said i wasn’t qualified yet to be issued a visa.
VO: so what have you being doing since you finished your school are you working?
ME: No I am not working, just studying for the computer programme because I wanted to add knowledge of finance and computers together guess it would be cool.
VO: How many month is your program
ME: It lasted for 9 months.
Visa Officer: Who sponsoring?
ME: My dad would be sponsoring, He is a *** as Profession, he has investment in Real Estate and he is into Oil and Gas. He has a couple of Gas stations.
Types in his computer for long then gives me the white paper, “you have being issued your visa. You can pick in 3 working days.
Thank you so much sir.

I know my interview was really shitty, I even did better than this last year but when God decides to give Grace no one delays thank God. Thank walspring, Thanks sis, and Thanks to everyone for sharing their interview also, helped a lot. Success to people still expecting their visa issued too.

God of grace wont leave u...Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
It is well ooo

Life sometimes get as e be..

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.