Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (681333 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2016
ponpon:

You can get the college board book like 6-7.5k at tejuosho
Where is DT ? tejuosho"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 11:50am On Aug 12, 2016
Treasureoflife:

Polytechnics use 4.0

That's reasonable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mcjendol: 11:54am On Aug 12, 2016
MimiHANS:
@mcjendol

Boss, please help me out with the TOEFL materials.
Sent you a PM.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sent,pm Christian129 for the GRE materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
Daodudavid:

$750 dollars ? for HOW MANY YEARS

If you guys are talking about nyc and not long island or upstate ny, you would hardly get any decent room for that $750/mo. Except if you know any patriotic Nigerian that's ready to share his decent apartment with you or you're rooting for an apartment shared by 3 to 5 people. With this, utility bills won't be included. Many students stay with relatives here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by osaama007(f): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
@walspring,thanks so much for all ur help,so have made my decision to deferre my admission to spring.thanks so much.pray God Almighty bless u and all ur good works and advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
Please is Occupational health and safety a STEM Course?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
mcjendol:

send me a PM for GRE materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
ponpon:

You can get the college board book like 6-7.5k at tejuosho
DT shud b in lag I guess, am in pH city not lag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
NairaSea23:
Please is Occupational health and safety a STEM Course?

Bro, forget about this stem or no stem stuffs. stem doesn't help par say if you can't get a job in your field during your opt year. Getting jobs in opt is hard now for everyone. Just focus on what will get you a job in little time after studies/opt year. If you like Occupational health and safety for some other good reasons, that's fine but if because of saying stem, that's waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
pappyyanky:
Hello nairalanders help me review this ,it a practical answer.
VO < why did you choose this school.

ME > I choose ........... university because i am impress about the ongoing input of industry expert, which is really a great opportunity for me to interact with professionals from different industries and an opportunity of intership at top u.s companies. .......... university is ranked by u.snews as one of best school in midwestern. The cost of attendance, the size of the school, location , faculty history suit exactly what i want.
pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by pappyyanky: 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hello nairalanders help me review this ,it a practical answer.

VO < why did you choose this school.

ME > I choose ........... university because i am impress about the ongoing input of industry expert, which is really a great opportunity for me to interact with professionals from different industries and an opportunity of intership at top u.s companies. .......... university is ranked by u.snews as one of best school in midwestern. The cost of attendance, the size of the school, location , faculty history suit exactly what i want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by drifta: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thank you LagosismyHome

LagosismyHome:

Will an address really affect the outcome of a visa ? ....i would say definitely NOT. So here any of those two in bold is okay ...... also there are website where u can make a hotel booking but u just make sure it has free cancellation so u can cancel if needed . ..... so yes i think u can put any of the two . It doesnt matter ....

The focus is to demostrate home ties for b1b2 visa and have all your brothers details handing because they might check his f1 status on the system
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
hybeenoni:
Where do I even start from, graduated since 2011 with a 2.1. Degree in Mathematics, just finished MSC from UI but didn't feel like I have gotten what I need.

I wish to apply for MS Actuarial science in any US University, plz guys can you recommend any cheap school you know of there to me?where I can also get T.A position, my CGPA is 4.22.
I'm rilli counting on you guys please, I don't want to waste another one year again.

Tnx in advance

CC: all the good guys and ladies here, plz help a fellow

Phd is 3years and a lot come funded.... why not do that instead of another masters for 2 years

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
hybeenoni:
Where do I even start from, graduated since 2011 with a 2.1. Degree in Mathematics, just finished MSC from UI but didn't feel like I have gotten what I need.

I wish to apply for MS Actuarial science in any US University, plz guys can you recommend any cheap school you know of there to me?where I can also get T.A position, my CGPA is 4.22.
I'm rilli counting on you guys please, I don't want to waste another one year again.

Tnx in advance

CC: all the good guys and ladies here, plz help a fellow

Your profile look quite good. The cgpa you gave is it ur undergraduate cgpa or masters? anyway either way, with a good GRE score and personal statement or statement of purpose, and strong LOR you can get a full ride PHD program. I suggest you go for that. You will however need to do a lot of research on the net using Google and Co. I believe as a mathematician with MSc this won't be much of a problem to you. IRO the one more year u don't want to waste, I'm afraid you'll have to use that one year for preparation, write your GRE and ace it, evaluate your transcripts, and find good schools to apply for fall 2017. I can assure you of the TA you are looking for if you do all that I've stated. In between the processes, you Can always come here to seek for assistance if you encounter any problem and the gurus in the family will see u through it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
Venek:

DT shud b in lag I guess, am in pH city not lag
get someone to help you buy in lagos and send it to you via mail or something, or all those luxurious bus thingy... Don't let your preparations hang
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Phd is 3years and a lot come funded.... why not do that instead of another masters for 2 years

My thoughts too....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
Venek:
My people, pleaaaaaaaaaa send useful SAT MATERIALS to this email venecasty1@gmail.com... Tnx
Also any1 DT took SAT and is travelling soon can send his/material for me via mail, I will take care of d expenses pleaaaaaaaaaa, help a sister save some cash pleaaaaa

I replied your pm but the email is different from the one above.
You'd need to be careful not to buy the old SAT textbook or use materials for the old SAT.
If data isn't a problem, you can use khan academy as they have a partnership with College board to offers tutorials and test pratice. Then also there's a particular youtube channel that also helped me prepare. I'd forward the name later on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hi ppl, I just used the WES online GPA calculator, my GPA of 2.53/5.0 gave me 3.0/4.0 .....please is this possible? ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thompsonneyo:
Hi ppl, I just used the WES online GPA calculator, my GPA of 2.53/5.0 gave me 3.0/4.0 .....please is this possible? ?

If u did it accurately. ...why not

In the US anything less than 3.0 is very poor and most schools u need 2.70 or so to graduate so i usually expect that a 22 or high 3rd class can fall about 3.0
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akeulaTrendy: 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
my agent applied september 20th as my interview date, and the school and going in indiana will resume on the 22nd of August,he come they tell me say, he applied for an emergency date to be today, that they didn't get back to him. will they still grant me the visa even after the resumption date?, and what else should I do, please advice nairalanders
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akeulaTrendy: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
[b]my agent applied september 20th as my interview date, and the school and going in indiana will resume on the 22nd of August,he come they tell me say, he applied for an emergency date to be today, that they didn't get back to him. will they still grant me the visa even after the resumption date?, and what else should I do, please advice nairalanders
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
akeulaTrendy:
[b]my agent applied september 20th as my interview date, and the school and going in indiana will resume on the 22nd of August,he come they tell me say, he applied for an emergency date to be today, that they didn't get back to him. will they still grant me the visa even after the resumption date?, and what else should I do, please advice nairalanders
Just defer your admission and prepare towards Spring..its very very very unlikely they will grant you the visa, lets even assume a miracle happens, you will get your passport back after 3days which is 23rd. you cant enter the US after the start date on your I20. its very pathetic and sad that you put your destiny in the hands of an agent when you can do everything by yourself. This forum is filled with more than enough info to keep you going. Your post is medicine after death, you should have been here longtime ago to get guidelines on how to go about everything yourself. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
akeulaTrendy:

A month ago you posted about this agent. ... walspring and i and others advice u to stop the agency thing and take ownership of your life....a month later you are still posting about this agency. ..... a whole one month later. I can only shake my head

So this doesn't apply to you ? fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Copied from Ms in us group but it's worth reading

#Will be helpful
1st attempt
# June 1,Chennai consulate
visa rejected
Me:GM
Vo: Pass your documents
Vo:why wsu?
Me: suites my current profile and also my area of interest (interrupted..)
Vo: what is your year of pass out?
Me:2014
Vo: what Are you doing now?
Me:worked for Infosys for 1.8 years
Vo : are you taking education leave?
Me:No ,I left Infosys
(Did not told but I am not eligible for long leave)
Vo: what are the colleges you have applied to
Me:wv,ucm,umc,wsu
Vo:who is funding
Me:My parents
Vo: what are they?
Me: both are state government teachers
(Forgot to mention about education loan )
Not confident and nervous through out the interview
Vo: sorry this time you are not eligible,Gave 214 b
============================================
2nd attempt
# June 9,Chennai consulate
visa rejected
Vo: Pass your documents
Vo: what are the colleges you have applied to
Me:wv,ucm,umc,wsu
VO:admits?
Me : WSU,UCM
VO: Why US?
Me:best education system,best course work,good research opportunities...
============================================
3rd attempt
#June 22nd Mumbai consulate
visa rejected
Vo: what is ur Gre score ?
Me:301
Vo: what is ur area of intrest?
Me: advanced progarming language and advanced data base systems
VO: admits?
Me : WSU,UCM
Vo:where do u live ?
Me:Andhra pradesh
===========================================
4th attempt
#July 15 Mumbai consulate
visa rejected
Vo: what is ur Gre score ?
Me:301
VO: ur Visa got regected 3 times right?
Me: Yes sir but I made so many changes in my profile ,I want to explain u everything
Vo: sorry u are not a credible student
Me: May I know the reason?
Vo:sorry
Me :shall I apply again?
Vo: don't know

===========================================
5th attempt
#AUG 1st HYD consulate
visa Accepted
Me:GM officer
VO: Good Morning
Me: excuse Me sir
Vo: Yes
Me: sir I was rejected with 214b the previous times,can u plz provide 2 min to explain my application, I want to explain 5 things
Vo: Ok Go head
Me:
1.This is My best admit because of the course work and research
and I have got 30% funding
2.I included my sister in my sponsors list ,our total annual income is XX
3.I have got bank loan of 25 lacs,and we have savings of XX .This is More than enough for my education
4.We have properties of XX crores here in India and my family is here ,I have strong ties with my home country
5.I worked for Infy for 1.8 years and down the line of 2 years I want see my self as a technology analyst.And that is not possible with Infosys so I left Infy.
I have all the genuine doc with me,Thanks for providing me this opportunity
VO:Gre?
me:301
VO:BE %?
Me:81
Vo: congrats ,ur VISA approved
Me:Thank you so much sir and cried

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Venek: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
tomisinobbm:

I replied your pm but the email is different from the one above.
You'd need to be careful not to buy the old SAT textbook or use materials for the old SAT.
If data isn't a problem, you can use khan academy as they have a partnership with College board to offers tutorials and test pratice. Then also there's a particular youtube channel that also helped me prepare. I'd forward the name later on.
Tnx so much....... Av sent u a mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hybeenoni: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
@ Nairasea and LagosIsMyHome, the cgpa is for my BSc. Actually UI killed my enthusiasm for Academics, so was thinking of getting a school to do another MS Actuarial program in order to practise as an Actuary.

I no longer wish to run a PHD program again but just do MS Actuarial science and become a professional Actuary, since I wish to settle down real soon.

My Cousin has actually agreed to sponsor my program in the US but trying to see if I could get a cheap school with possibly some funding to be on the safer side.

I really appreciate your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
akeulaTrendy:
my agent applied september 20th as my interview date, and the school and going in indiana will resume on the 22nd of August,he come they tell me say, he applied for an emergency date to be today, that they didn't get back to him. will they still grant me the visa even after the resumption date?, and what else should I do, please advice nairalanders

Ahn. Hope you agent didn't even apply for tourist visa for you? Because students are given priorities and the wait time is five days(I.e a date is free five days from now)
It's b1b2 application that's showing September ending as of this week .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akeulaTrendy: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
@lagosIsMyHome, am afraid he might do me bad, most of the things he did, he used is email, like my I start profile, and even the visa application, so I was afraid if I collected it, he might take a bad move that might jeopardize my chance of getting the visa. Pls am confused now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MimiHANS(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
mcjendol:

Thanks a million.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
akeulaTrendy:
@lagosIsMyHome, am afraid he might do me bad, most of the things he did, he used is email, like my I start profile, and even the visa application, so I was afraid if I collected it, he might take a bad move that might jeopardize my chance of getting the visa. Pls am confused now

Well no agent can guarantee you visa so i hardly think he can jeopardise anything. Dont u have your i20 and paid your sevis ... what stops you from walking away from that visa fee and rebooking a new interview .....

stop been afraid or intimidated. .you are giving him way too much power over you . He has not even done anything special for u that u could not have done yourself

Can anyone suggest how he can correct this...any ideas ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thompsonneyo:

Check bigfrancis rough estimate to know your range. Anything lower than 3.0/5 gains some points after conversion. Reason is because your D's and E's against 3, 4 and 6 credit units that contributed to your lower cgpa on 5 point scale would be converted to C's against 2 credit hours to arrive at 4 point scale. Try get someone in the same shoes that recently converted before you rely on may be. Copy bigfrancis if he can help you find the link to his old post.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
imperiouxx:

Check bigfrancis rough estimate to know your range. Anything lower than 3.0/5 gains some points after conversion. Reason is because your D's and E's against 3, 4 and 6 credit units that contributed to your lower cgpa on 5 point scale would be converted to C's against 2 credit hours to arrive at 4 point scale. Try get someone in the same shoes that recently converted before you rely on may be. Copy bigfrancis if he can help you find the link to his old post.

Pls wich is bigfrancis

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.