Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? (700 Views)

10 Weird & Shameful Practices Guys Engage In When In Need Of Girlfriends / Should Couples Have A Lot In Common Or Is The "Attraction" Between Them Enough? / 10 Categories Of Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? by ichommy(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2009
Men are very funny human beings. This may not be entirely their fault though. It could be as a result of the way God created them or their hormonal make up and composition. Men are naturally polygamous in nature and hardly would you find a man who adheres strictly to the one-man-one-wife religious dictatesof marriage.

I am not saying there are no men who are faithful to their marital vows. Of course, some of them are around, but what percentage?

Some of you will wonder where this is heading to? Some men have even written to ask if I am a man hater? Never! How could I hate men? Just like women are the salt of the earth, men spice the earth up, so what does that give us? A perfect blend!

Enough of this ego rubbing, what’s up for today? Why do whether married or single keep chains of girlfriends?

I happened to be somewhere about two weeks ago (don’t mind me I am always everywhere) and I listened to a group of men talking. I won’t mention their names, although I know them very well. For privacy sake, they will be referred to as Mr. A, B C or D. I know what they could do to me if they ever find their namesin print.

As Like I wrote earlier, they were so engrossed in this topic and they were actually exchanging notes and savouring the after taste of their escapades. Who said men are not the worst gossips?

They took pride in counting the number of ladies they have slept with.

One of them who I will refer to as Mr. A, actually shared his “Joker” with Mr. D&E who could not boast of as many ladies as he did.

“You are just not smart enough” he said.“What does a woman need? You don’t have to spend too much money; all they need is commitment and that word I love you. Tell a woman “I love you 10 times a day and you have her.”

I wonder if women are that gullible and cheap as he is trying to label us.

For Mr. B another pro in the game, a man who is caring will have as many women as he wants at any given point in time. “Every woman wants a man who cares about her, (thats is true anyway, but what about the deceit?) and if you have a caring heart and the stamina, you will get them, he said.

Another naughty one, (pardon my language) is of the opinion that good sex will keep women at your beck and call.

Every woman will give any thing to keep a good lover. If you are a good lover you can have as many women as you want.

Mr A is of the opinion that keeping several girls could be as a result of curiosity or adventure. When you meet a lady you admire, you become curious about what she has under that cloth. Although these days ladies are baring it all, but that not withstanding ther is every possibility that you may want more of it.

As for all ladies being the same in biological make up. Men! Don’t say that again. “you make love to some ladies, it is like you are lost in a pit or well that is endless. You don’t enjoy it at all. When you make this mistake, you want to rush and be done with it.” But when you settle with a lady who is good, I mean good! Boy! Wa fe ku sibe ni, neat tidy and firm.” You will want to go again.

“It is not everyday that a man gets what he want in ladies sexually, when you do, treat her well and you will have her eating out of your hands!” He concluded.

When he said this, I had to ask these men a question that has always been on my mind, “Why do men keep chains of girlfriends or women, especially those of you who are married?”

As far as I am concerned, a woman is a woman and we all have the same biological make-up under our clothes. I am not contesting the fact that some may be prettier than the other. Aside from that, what else?

It did not take Mr. A a second to answer me. “Baby girl, don’t make that mistake, There is more to beauty. Why do you think a majority of us go after ladies who have the golden eggs? Maybe it is in the bid to search for such once in a blue moon good ones that we “wonder,” about he said.

My question then was, how long do you wander before you get these? Can’t you make your girl or wife the gem you are looking for?

What is the place of HIV/AIDS and other Sexually Transmitted diseases (STD) in all these searches ?

How may men play safe? What is the place of being faithful to one’s partner and spouse in the search for these golden chicks?

Can an average man ever remain faithful?

Don’t mind me o, maybe I am writing from the woman’s angle or what do you think?
Re: Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? by Seun(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2009
All men are not the same.   I am a man and I don't have chains of girlfriends. 
Some men like to have lots of girlfriends, some girls like to have lots of boyfriends.

The main difference is that women are more tolerant of infidelity/polygamy
in their partners.  No man will agree to be someone's second husband,
no man will tolerate the knowledge that his girlfriend is sleeping with other men.

So the real question is, why do women tolerate dogs? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? by sweetpain: 11:04am On Aug 17, 2009
Seun:

All men are not the same. I am a man and I don't have chains of girlfriends.
Some men like to have lots of girlfriends, some girls like to have lots of boyfriends.

The main difference is that women are more tolerant to infidelity/polygamy
in their partners. No man will agree to be someone's second husband,
no man will tolerate the knowledge that his girlfriend is sleeping with other men.

So the real question is, why do women tolerate dogs? Your guess is as good as mine.

Women are tolerant because it makes sense for them to be tolerant. If they chose to leave every guy they consider cheats, in no time they would have been with all the men there is to be with and I dont see how this helps the reputation of the woman as virtuous.

In any case monogamy is the product of civilisation/modernization with a relatively recent history
Re: Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? by TheSeeker(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2009
@Seun, "dog" was the least term I'd expect to hear from you about a sect of people. . . but, I can't argue the fact that you're entitled to your opinion.

@Post, most guys choose to have chains of girlfriends and that can be based on many factors. Take into consideration a guy who's giving his everything into relationships in the past and got hurt in each of them. He looks back into the past and finds out he was never at fault in any of the relationships - if he gets to an unresponsive point, he'll be a player and start to have chains of girlfriends.

An extension of that, is friends of the aforementioned guy witness all he had to go through; there's every possibility that he may have helped during the healing process and in the end will want to take caution and be careful. It's best said that you'd learn from others' mistake, as learning from us may be really disappointing and shattering.

Additionally, we all know what girls are like these days (very few good ones are left), guys are beginning not to take women serious. Most guys believe women are there for your money, sex or looks or a combination of two or the three. They've seen situations where girls break up relationships or cheat because of lack of one or more of the reasons above. They want to have options. Hence, the need to have chains of girlfriends.

Some guys are plain cheaters. One woman is never enough for them. They believe fun in having many girlfriends is nothing compared to the hazy feel you have when you're high from alcohol or drugs. They use that to establish the firmness and sterility of their ego, style. You see a lot of guys swagger at how much they swing girls, how they sleep with their girlfriends' friends. That's purely addiction.

Some are simply trying to imitate their friends. "My friends are doing it, there's nothing bad if I do the same" they'd say. And when they get it all started, it's difficult to stop. The party must have already begun. There are a lot more reasons guys have chains of girlfriends than can be listed here, but I guess people that engage in that strictly do so by choice.

It's commendable though, how women still accommodate men after they've cheated on them - that's one of the very special things I love about good women. They can endure anything as long as they love a man, but does that stop some men from having chains of girlfriends? No! The kind of heart women have can't be compared with men's. You can cheat on some women ten times and they'd still take you back; some will slap with dirty of you move close to cheating on them (there are just too different characters in different people).
Re: Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? by boobsy: 11:27am On Aug 17, 2009
Women are tolerant because it makes sense for them to be tolerant. If they chose to leave every guy they consider cheats, in no time they would have been with all the men there is to be with and I dont see how this helps the reputation of the woman as virtuous.

Being tolerant most time makes us look stupid. But, i agree with the fact that we can't afford to leave every guy we consider cheats. Atimes it's much better to be alone than being with someone who makes us cry.
Re: Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? by boobsy: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2009
Being tolerant most time makes us look stupid. But, i agree with the fact that we can't afford to leave every guy we consider cheats. Atimes it's much better to be alone than being with someone who makes us cry.
Re: Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? by sweetpain: 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2009
boobsy:

But its unnatural to be alone. Every relationship has its challenges. It is better to be strong and learn how to addreess these challenges and resolve conflicts that sometimes arise. But all too often women pick on wrong examples, draw the wrong conclusions and throw in the towel without even trying.

Sometimes they want to be like men which is also unnatural.
Re: Keeping Chains Of Girlfriends! What Is The Attraction? by Seun(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2009
If they chose to leave every guy they consider cheats, in no time they would have been with all the men there is to be with and I don't see how this helps the reputation of the woman as virtuous.
This makes no sense. If women choose to leave every guy that cheats, guys will stop cheating.

(1) (Reply)

Are Married Women Happy At The Tot Of A Nice Guy Wishing She Were Single / Gals Why? / Part 2 - Men! She's Just Not That Into You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.