Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (45235 Views)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Fuel Hike: NLC Protests In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by joeace2020(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2016
Already at work...traffic all around Ikeja. The strike is ineffective and useless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by AminuRano87(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2016
[quote author=9ja4show post=45727920][/quote] Stupid
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 8:55am On May 18, 2016
Light protest.

Fadeyi/Ojuelegba Bridge

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by eitsei(m): 8:56am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

I guess the N18k wasn't effective as well grin

Keep deceiving yourselves, while suffering and smiling. You were born to defend Buhari, so keep it up

grin
same as you, suffering and smiling I think it's the 10k that they gave you that makes you think you are better off... You are born to defend the clueless mofo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Onegai(f): 8:56am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

Oh they've released army now? he ehe

I remember vividly how Fasola ran to Lagos state television in Ikeja to criticize Jonathan on air following the invasion of Ojota by the NG Army.

What a throwback cheesy

Such is the nature of Politics.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Abagworo(m): 8:56am On May 18, 2016
wordychap:
My Union just concluded meeting with staff
Everyone told to go home.
Update
Labour blocks federal secreteriat and state secreteriat in the state

Which State?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by AminuRano87(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2016
swagifted:
to me it wasn't just him that people were not trusting... Its about the powerful oil barons pdp created the wealth with...they were powerful enough to suppress it in 2012... i.e capital oil... Alakija... Otedola... A A rano... TY danjuma... The list is endless.
why me A.A Rano

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by saintmark88(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2016
KwoiZabo:
It shows that APC supporters are jobless & lazy that's why they had the time for protest in 2012. for us GEJ supporters we know that irrespective of govt. policy we will make it and I cannot leave the bar I'll make today for protest. anyway deregulation is a brainchild of GEJ so we support cos we are not sentimental and tribalistic like APC zombies.

I am not an APC supporter, I have no ties with the APC, I'm just a political analyst and what I aired was my political view, this is what is killing us as a Nation, when someone like u can't view smtyn fRm a neutral point n tke a stand, you can never c d truth n any issue if you always have a sentimental n biased view to issues....

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Totfulguy: 8:58am On May 18, 2016
fineguy11:
Im on my bed,abt to start preparing for work...God punish strike and NLC!!i rather make the sacrifice and suffer hardship now,so my kids can enjoy in the future..Besides,Transport fare remains the same in benin despite fuel price increment..

You are just probably a single, mummy's boy who is being fed by parents. If you have been fueling your car at 4,200 for 50 liters, and all of a sudden you are doling out N7,250 for the same 50 liters, you will not say what you are saying. People should 'suffer now so their children will enjoy'. Does your government not have the wit to create other sources of wealth in a country that is so endowed? When I hear this 'suffer now enjoy later' non.sense I just sorry for the ignorance in people. Are the children and family of those increasing the price of fuel suffering along with you? Gibberish!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by OgaTheTop2: 8:59am On May 18, 2016
Though, I am not in support of strike, but I just got a text message from SSANU to fully join in the strike. Don't know what to do.
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by saintmark88(m): 8:59am On May 18, 2016
UIA04:

I saw and used the busses in Lagos

What's d name of the buses??..... I live n d same Lagos, so what's d name of the buses and r d buses still n use today??

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by saintmark88(m): 9:00am On May 18, 2016
UIA04:

I saw and used the busses in Lagos

What's d name of the buses??..... I live n d same Lagos, so what's d name of the buses and r d buses still n use today?? ....LAG bus or BRT??

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by ROZZAYY(f): 9:00am On May 18, 2016
nice thread, as for me here in ajah I am still on my bed. *yawns* by the time am set for work I'll let you guys know if strike is taking part here or not.
xynerise I sight u
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by HardMirror(m): 9:01am On May 18, 2016
Acidosis:

Its all about perception bro. Jonathan remains an intelligent man in my own opinion. Do you know the same subsidy issue gave rise to SURE-P?

Do you remember the new buses released by Jonathan to cushion the effect of fuel hike? same hike that was opposed by all and sundry?

Now, apart from promises, what has Buhari done to cushion the harsh economy?

Same Jonathan increased salaries just before the decision.

Same Jonathan made that decision when N160 = $1

How can we trust further promises when the previous ones have been denied?

Anyway, its all about perception, 2019 would tell. If Buhari excels, I would be glad.

Who even owns the idea of subsidy removal and reinvestment?
Which buses
SureP was a colossal scam!
Even PTF of those days still has impact we are enjoying today.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by 9ja4show: 9:02am On May 18, 2016
eitsei:
mtcheew... I'm not struggling get that into your head but maybe you

You are joor, You have to be earning 500k-1million before you can balance with the present economy and I sure know you don't earn that much and yes I am struggling
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Totfulguy: 9:02am On May 18, 2016
DopeBoiRapy:
Watching the news in Kentucky, no mention of strike in Nigeria yet but they did say something abt the dwindling economy of Nigeria and the incompetency of Buhari

Please lets know when you arrive at Kenchicken. Na dia you go fit know wetin dey happen for Naija?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by saintmark88(m): 9:03am On May 18, 2016
Totfulguy:

You are just probably a single, mummy's boy who is being fed by parents. If you have been fueling your car at 4,200 for 50 liters, and all of a sudden you are doling out N7,250 for the same 50 liters, you will not say what you are saying. People should 'suffer now so their children will enjoy'. Does your government not have the wit to create other sources of wealth in a country that is so endowed? When I hear this 'suffer now enjoy later' non.sense I just sorry for the ignorance in people. Are the children and family of those increasing the price of fuel suffering along with you? Gibberish!

How much wealth have u been able to create for urself as an individual

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by lakkyflow(m): 9:05am On May 18, 2016
fineguy11:
Im on my bed,abt to start preparing for work...God punish strike and NLC!!i rather make the sacrifice and suffer hardship now,so my kids can enjoy in the future..Besides,Transport fare remains the same in benin despite fuel price increment..
you are funny friend. .. Nigeria is just a useless nation !! The same way our parents endured hardship then thinking it will be better for us ...And here we are still suffering ..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by misreal(m): 9:07am On May 18, 2016
students r being sent back frm skul in calabar
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by UIA04(f): 9:07am On May 18, 2016
saintmark88:

What's d name of the buses??..... I live n d same Lagos, so what's d name of the buses and r d buses still n use today?? ....LAG bus or BRT??
Can remember the name but it was painted red but different from LAGBUS and the tickets were different to. I used it thrice cause at that time I was just done with secondary school I hardly left my house
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Totfulguy: 9:07am On May 18, 2016
saintmark88:

How much wealth have u been able to create for urself as an individual

I am a self-employed person. I own two thriving startups. I am a Recruiter and I own an HR services business. We do Outsourcing, Recruitment, Training and Development and deployment of Human Resources Information Systems. I also own a Cleaning Services Company that is doing well. I can hire you. To God's glory I am an Entrepreneur. Do you see where I am coming from when I complain?

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by emmyblackky(m): 9:10am On May 18, 2016
all activities seems to be on a low ebb here
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by tbaba1234: 9:11am On May 18, 2016
wordychap:
My Union just concluded meeting with staff
Everyone told to go home.
Update
Labour blocks federal secreteriat and state secreteriat in the state

Which state??
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by sandraokosun: 9:11am On May 18, 2016
Junior66:
The sheer number of people viewing this thread is evidence dat the strike is in process.
dont console urself this is just an everyday number viewing a regular thread, like the dude who paste pic of him in office and yet online. Ur obsession with strike is ur delusion here. I'm just here like every normal time

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by OkoNDOoBo: 9:12am On May 18, 2016
Pics from bourdillon to falomo
It's business as usual

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by MKO4ever(m): 9:13am On May 18, 2016
ROZZAYY:
nice thread, as for me here in ajah I am still on my bed. *yawns* by the time am set for work I'll let you guys know if strike is taking part here or not.
xynerise I sight u
Still on the bed at 9:00 shocked
Enjoyment!
Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by funkyibodude(m): 9:13am On May 18, 2016
eitsei:
Abeg stop calling Jonathan intelligent man... Which sure P are you talking about? Is it the one that only few people that are their people enjoyed it? Sure P even has a corruption case with efcc I think..... You mentioned buses released by Jonathan, lol I think it's only in your room that you got the buses.... Your hatred for buhari and hypocrisy will soon consume you like someone rightly said you still have 7 years of wailing to do
few people didn't enjoy the sure P. I was a beneficiary and I didn't need to meet anyone for it, I applied and got it. The thing is Gej meant well and had the masses at heart, his subsidy removal was to empower the masses, increase job and wealth creation. Unlike this administration, it's all about enriching specific people. That's why greedy APC governors supported the removal of this subsidy because it's gonna be more money for them..

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by mysticgal(f): 9:13am On May 18, 2016
Brethren in the Lord please there is no strike in Enugu, I say this because the most boring lecturer in my faculty is in class undecided
I wish the strike starts today and end on tomorrow lipsrsealed tongue

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by fineguy11(m): 9:15am On May 18, 2016
Totfulguy:

i am not responsible for ur suffering...if the situation is unbearable for u,feel free to take the easy way out..HANG YOURSELF!what role have u played,as a patriotic NIGERIAN for the betterment of our dear nation...WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CURRENT QUIRGMIRE WE FIND OURSELF IN!stop barking and play your part.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by sandraokosun: 9:15am On May 18, 2016
Pavarottii:

God punish NLC today but blessed them 2012. It's ur type that brought us to d problem we are facing today.
its no one fault the people never trusted gej, which is a bad quality for a leader, what was the guarantee that the maduekes, iweala oduah and cabals wouldnt have the ib. Trust is external

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by chimex001(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2016
[quote author=ROZZAYY post=45728536]nice thread, as for me here in ajah I am still on my bed. *yawns* by the time am set for work I'll let you guys know if strike is taking part here or not.

Na night work?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates by Acidosis(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2016
eitsei:
same as you, suffering and smiling I think it's the 10k that they gave you that makes you think you are better off... You are born to defend the clueless mofo

I'm not defending anyone, but myself. I don't have N145 to pay anyone, so I support anything that will make the government reduce the fuel price.

The suffering and smiling ones are EDUCATED people like you who would not get an increase in salary, even though the common Okada 'illiterates' have increased their fees, including the woman grinding pepper in your streets, the barbers, and other informal workers.

They never studied economics, but they would not subject themselves to hardship in the name of supporting the govt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fayose And Bola Tinubu Shake Hands At Akeredolu's Swearing-In Ceremony (Photos) / Young Suicide Bomber Intercepted By Soldiers In Adamawa State. Photos / Google Celebrates Nigeria @ 56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.