Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included (4068 Views)

'Lack Of Sex Will Make You Mad' - Nigerian "Slay Queen" / The only guy i can allow to burst my hole (photos included) / The Kind Of Men Ladies Long For (photos Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:40pm On May 20, 2016
Now let`s look at the history of how birth control started...

Has birth control really helped??

You be the judge.

1. Anything to Avoid Abstinence!

Our ancestors would try just about anything to prevent pregnancy, from animal poop and poisonous potions, to citrus fruits and wooden blocks. Before modern medicine gave us go-tos like the pill and patch, couples resorted to more unusual birth control methods.

http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/lite/30473-the-history-of-birth-control

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:41pm On May 20, 2016
2. The Best Offense Is a Good Defense

Iron chastity belts under lock and key are often connected with Medieval torture devices, but the truth is that they didn’t become popular until the 1800s. Fashion magazines advertised them as a defense against rape. During the Industrial Revolution, women in England and France were entering the workforce in record numbers, and some bought the uncomfortable underpants to ward off sexual assaults. Men sometimes wanted their mates to wear them to prevent cheating and masturbation.

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:41pm On May 20, 2016
3. Mercury Rising

Wearing metal can be aggravating, but drinking it is downright dangerous. Thousands of years ago, some Chinese women drank liquid lead and mercury as a contraceptive. It had terrible side effects like sterility, kidney failure, brain damage, and could lead to death.

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by iceberylin(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2016
NORTHERNERS NEED THIS angry
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:42pm On May 20, 2016
4. In Hot Water

Soranus, a 2nd century Greek gynecologist really missed the mark. He told women to jump backward seven times after sex and drink the water blacksmiths used to cool their metal. Did he not learn anything about metal poisoning from ancient China? Then again, even as recently as World War I, some women volunteered to work with lead in factories in hopes of becoming sterile.

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:43pm On May 20, 2016
5. Wrap It Up

The first mention of a condom dates back to 3000 B.C. when King Minos of Crete (from Homer’s Illiad) used the bladder of a goat to protect his wife from the “serpents and scorpions” in his Fluid. Yikes. Through the ages, people also used linen, sheep intestines, and fish bladders.

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by tsephanyah(f): 1:43pm On May 20, 2016
The Biggest problem in Africa- over population

1 Like

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:44pm On May 20, 2016
6. 'Open Happiness'

Long before the latest “Share a Coke” ad campaign, some women would pop open a can for a different kind of refreshment. And in 1985, Harvard researchers reported that the soda killed some sperm in test tubes. The New Coke formula turned out to be a dud, funny enough, while Diet Coke was the most effective. But before you go stocking up on six-packs to use as a spermicidal douche, note that later studies couldn’t prove the findings.

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:45pm On May 20, 2016
7. Squeaky Clean

Lysol sanitizes door handles and countertops, but we draw the line at vaginas. The household disinfectant once advertised itself as a douche to prevent infection and odor. To get around the 1873 Comstock Act, which banned “articles of immoral use,” birth control was disguised and sold as feminine hygiene products. The ad campaign reportedly made Lysol soap the best-selling contraceptive of The Great Depression. But not surprisingly, it caused inflammation and burning. Some women even died from it.

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:45pm On May 20, 2016
8. Work Its Magic

When all else fails, why not put a little faith in magic spells and potions? We're joking, but in the Middle Ages, some people wore amulets made of mule’s earwax, weasel’s testicles, and a bone taken from the right side of a black cat. Couldn’t hurt, right?

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by kossyablaze(m): 1:46pm On May 20, 2016
Team cd
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:46pm On May 20, 2016
9. You Shall Not Pass!

Long before the diaphragm, some women made crude sperm barriers with bizarre materials:

Ancient Indians and Egyptians used the poop of “mystical” animals like crocodiles and elephants. And thanks to its high acidity, it may have actually worked.
- Africans made plugs out of chopped grass or cloth.
- Japanese prostitutes used bamboo tissue.
- Islamic and Greek women wadded up wool.
- Slavs used linen rags.
- Jewish women wrapped a sea sponge in silk and attached a string to it. It’s fairly effective and still used today!

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:47pm On May 20, 2016
10. Lemony Fresh

The legendary Casanova reportedly asked his lovers to use lemon halves, because high levels of acidity can kill Fluid. The idea that ladies would even consider this option is a testament to his charms.

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by investment247: 1:47pm On May 20, 2016
11. Motherhood vs. Mother Nature

One of the first prescriptions for birth control was on a papyrus sheet from 1550 B.C. Egypt. It calls for a tampon made of seed wool soaked in ground thorn tree, dates, and honey.

Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 20, 2016
History is full of so many flaws. embarassed
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Tallestniqqa: 2:02pm On May 20, 2016
tsephanyah:
The Biggest problem in Africa- over population
Hey, i think. I wanna knw u?
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 20, 2016
investment247:
2. The Best Offense Is a Good Defense

Iron chastity belts under lock and key are often connected with Medieval torture devices, but the truth is that they didn’t become popular until the 1800s. Fashion magazines advertised them as a defense against rape. During the Industrial Revolution, women in England and France were entering the workforce in record numbers, and some bought the uncomfortable underpants to ward off sexual assaults. Men sometimes wanted their mates to wear them to prevent cheating and masturbation.

Uuummm...this is sexxy grin this remind me of the male version..that was a mind blowing one cheesy grin
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by tsephanyah(f): 3:40pm On May 20, 2016
Tallestniqqa:
my name iz nurhaan
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by tsephanyah(f): 3:48pm On May 20, 2016
Tallestniqqa:
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 20, 2016
tsephanyah:
my name iz nurhaan
And where is Nurhaan from. Definitely not Nigerian. cheesy
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by tsephanyah(f): 5:09pm On May 20, 2016
PushPlay:

And where is Nurhaan from. Definitely not Nigerian. cheesy
half shuwa, half fulani.. I'm from katsina so i'm nigerian
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 20, 2016
tsephanyah:
half shuwa, half fulani.. I'm from katsina so i'm nigerian
Oh wow!

Was that the tribe that was once featured on Nairaland front page.

Interesting? grin
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by tsephanyah(f): 6:02pm On May 20, 2016
PushPlay:

Oh wow!

Was that the tribe that was once featured on Nairaland front page.

Interesting? grin
i know fulaniz make headlines, are u trying to say i'm herdwoman or what?
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 20, 2016
tsephanyah:
i know fulaniz make headlines, are u trying to say i'm herdwoman or what?
This is the thread I'm talking about.
www.nairaland.com/3026819/meet-shuwa-arab-women-nigeria
Your people are a bunch of beauties.
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by tsephanyah(f): 7:33pm On May 20, 2016
PushPlay:

This is the thread I'm talking about.
www.nairaland.com/3026819/meet-shuwa-arab-women-nigeria
Your people are a bunch of beauties.
i appologize 4 d incvn... Which tribe are 4rm?
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 20, 2016
tsephanyah:
i appologize 4 d incvn... Which tribe are 4rm?
I'm a Lagosian but I believe everyone is the same since we are all created by God.

Yoruba boy. grin
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by tsephanyah(f): 7:48pm On May 20, 2016
PushPlay:

I'm a Lagosian but I believe everyone is the same since we are all created by God.

Yoruba boy. grin
yep, i'm not tribalistic en i don't care about that their iz good and bad thaz all... Abuja and katsina most of the time
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 20, 2016
tsephanyah:
yep, i'm not tribalistic en i don't care about that their iz good and bad thaz all... Abuja and katsina most of the time
Got my pm? Or I'll ff you on Twitter.
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by tsephanyah(f): 9:14pm On May 20, 2016
PushPlay:

Got my pm? Or I'll ff you on Twitter.
my box is kind of messy, contact me via twitter..
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 1:31am On May 21, 2016
tsephanyah:
@Pinkforever has only three tweets. what's your real handle?
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Bishops10(m): 1:33am On May 21, 2016
When Bae's Ex Be Like "I Have Entered There Before You" Nigga Nokia 3310 was There Before IPhone 6. . So What's Your Point
Re: The History Of Sex/Birth Control - Photos Included by Nobody: 2:42am On May 21, 2016
tsephanyah:
Your twitter handle isn't there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Always Says She Is Tired / Ladies… Meet The 63 Year Old Grandmum That Can Totally Snatch Your Boyfriend Fro / My Bae Is Giving Me Very Well But Charge High.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.