Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,142 members, 7,953,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:54 PM

Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. (11040 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Nairaland Literature Section Awards 2014..... Your Thoughts. / What Are Your Thoughts On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2009
, aw! Miss alot. where du u want me 2 start
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2009
WTF Where's everybody? I just left the Land for a week and this thread's being allowed 2 die already,are there no more thoughts flying around?

I'm back in school sha,and it seems like these lecturers are planning to kill us all with lectures,DAMN!!! I'm having lectures 7am to 6pm everyday and the only reason I'm online right now is cos there are no dissections today,still tryna get used to the smell of formalin once again,right now it's killing me.

@ OP: I really think s'mun should invent a machine which could inject all the info one needed for a profession straight into the brain,so we wouldn't have to go to Uni.It would save humanity a lot of time,calories,and money. . .and leave enough time for fun. grin

Aiite,back to work.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2009
na so ! see am oh shocked shocked
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by jite(f): 10:46am On Oct 28, 2009
Five days, four yrs ago i joined NLF. I was really excited about sumtin as little as joining an online community. I was excited about practically everytin. Of course i was much younger, being fed and provided for. A bad day was a day i couldn't get a book to read and that hardly happened. Four yrs ago. Seems more like eternity ago. Time changes everytin. Do I prefer the child i was then to the child I am now? Don't know. Am I happier now? Maybe. Maybe not. Would I like a trip back in time to fours ago? Hell yes! I wld love to give the child person i was a dose of reality,
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by jite(f): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2009
Where's everybody?
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2009
ASUU, NASU and SSANU have call off the strike. undecided Almost half of d memberz av been to school cry
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2009
Yeah,where is everybody? Nna men,I'm disappointed in all of U,oya,start thinkoscribbling NOW! And scribble it here,don't make me call names. angry angry angry
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by chiogo(f): 5:58am On Nov 11, 2009
**coughs**

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.

Let's just say being sick sucks!!! Y'all ever wondered why we get sick even though we live "healthy" lives?. Eh, I guess that explains why smokers refuse to see the dangers of smoking. We're all gonna die one day, right? true. But I don't know, life's just crazy.

LOL, I'm too tired to articulate my own thoughts. embarassed
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by jite(f): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2009
chiogo:

**coughs**

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.

Let's just say being sick sucks!!! Y'all ever wondered why we get sick even though we live "healthy" lives?. Eh, I guess that explains why smokers refuse to see the dangers of smoking. We're all gonna die one day, right? true. But I don't know, life's just crazy.

LOL, I'm too tired to articulate my own thoughts. embarassed

**sniffles**
healthy lives?! hah!
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 2:03am On Nov 13, 2009
Ha! See this folks, just when I was thinking some kinda cyber rapture and everyone on dis thread had been taken,leaving me and our taciturn Adebayo.

@ Chiogo: U need PROCOLD! If symptoms persist after 2 days,drink a pot of steaming hot peppersoup,no virus can survive that(of course ur oesophageal epithelia myt not survive it either,but at least the sickness would be gone). Where have U been eh? Forming busy college chick shey? Good for you.

@ jite: Erm,watagwan? Thinker's block?

@ OP: I think I should be goin back 2 my books.I've Googled Oxaloacetic acid and discovered that it's rxn of formation is actually reversible,so that lecturer was wrong,mission accomplished.Back 2 my books. . .on 2nd thoughts maybe I'll just check out the games section,very briefly of course.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by chiogo(f): 2:17am On Nov 13, 2009
^Oh no, I'm fine now. smiley

LOL@jite.

@topic, Need to finish my bio lab report, that's what I'm thinking about.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2009
I wished we lived in a world based on principles that contradict known laws of nature. I say this because I just love to fantasize, I remember a time when I was an anime character called Aga, a child can dream lipsrsealed

*trods off*
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by semid(m): 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2009
Edited
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by sino(m): 4:53am On Nov 14, 2009
Now dont fail me now this feeble mind . . .

My thoughts on African Science(witchcraft,voodoo, black-magic etc.):

Scientist are witches or wizards either ways, no wonder they always look spooky! well i have made up my mind to devote most of my time to research discover something spectacular, only the present conditions in the country wouldn't permit my enthusiasm towards research(my school lab doesn't have facilities to isolate a DNA strand!).
Have you looked deeply into both Science and witchcraft? they so have lots in common, be it biological, physical or chemical science all is trying to unravel natural phenomena. were the problem lies is the applications of these science.

THE CONSPIRACY THEORY:
Do you know that the African witchcraft or African science is more advance than that of the west? the west in their quest to enslave Africa which they eventually did, stole a whole lot of science from us. if you dont believe me tell me why these inventions(aeroplane,telephone and internet) came into existence in the eighteenth century? they are still in Africa trying to understand fully the art of telepathy, clairvoyance, teleportation and other secret knowledge i cant really type here.

ever wonder why medical lab scientist would mix so called reagents(potions) to find out so many things from a patient just like witchcraft? and they always need something from the patient like blood,swabs,urine etc. its high time we devote much attention to our own science, develop it and put it into good use.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 6:46am On Nov 14, 2009
It is high time we develope and pay more attention on our own scientifical route.

i even noticed that whenever an african guru discovered any solution to a menance, they the white, come down to this place and take such person to their place. grin AFRICA IS MY PAPA LAND, 9JA IS MY MAMA COUNTRY, LAGOS IS MY BROTHER STATE, OYO IS MY SISTER STATe, ABUJA IS MY GUARDIAN STATE WHILE AJ IS MY HOME ZONE grin . We are richly blessed in AFRICA.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by maedan(f): 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2009
"Most of us dont appreciate good things until unpleasantly things happen to us. For example, the day you taste Chloroquine, you'll appreciate Sugar.
The day you fall sick, you appreciate good health.
The day you experience failure, you'll appreciate success.
The day you get disapointed, you appreciate opportunity.
The day you get your heart broken, you'll appreciate Love. The day you have a near death experience, you tend to appreciate life."

Don't know how original it is, but got that from a chat mate. Never been able to put my own thoughts on here, but the above summary got me thinking, so I had to share it with y'all undecided wink.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2009
It is even more than a thought@ma'am. We shuld learn to appreciate.
THE DAY U'R BAN, U KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING IN #LAND undecided
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2009
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2009
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by chiogo(f): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2009
maedan:

"Most of us dont appreciate good things until unpleasantly things happen to us. For example, the day you taste Chloroquine, you'll appreciate Sugar.
The day you fall sick, you appreciate good health.
The day you experience failure, you'll appreciate success.
The day you get disapointed, you appreciate opportunity.
The day you get your heart broken, you'll appreciate Love. The day you have a near death experience, you tend to appreciate life."

Don't know how original it is, but got that from a chat mate. Never been able to put my own thoughts on here, but the above summary got me thinking, so I had to share it with y'all undecided wink.

I agree except with the one in bold. Most heart-broken people are cynical about love and wary of people who express such feelings towards them, from what I noticed anyway.

adebayo201:

I disagree jare  grin More like you start seeing it as a joke.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 12:45am On Nov 16, 2009
:p :p
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by maedan(f): 2:48am On Nov 16, 2009
^^^^Not again grin grin angry grin!!!
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by semid(m): 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2009
True! The day you're banned you appreciate been on Nairaland.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2009
I've missed this thread grin. How's everyone? Fortunately for me I'm having a 3-day break,holiday's come a day early,n I've decided 2 have fun thruout the days,no matter how guilty I might feel for not reading. So,how's y'all? More importantly,where's y'all?

P.S : I know sitting in front of a system all day doesn't seem like fun,but believe me,if U've been reading AND forgetting thousand-page books,anyfin seems like fun.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2009
Here's something I wrote a while ago,just been 2 busy to post it:

The Thoughts Of A Reformed Reprobate: I See

I see the World as it is: A melting pot of people and places,different creeds and races,where folks' heart intent's as varied as their faces

I see that Good's s'pozd to balance Evil but sumtyms one outweighs the other,and although it's hard to believe,in the midst of this randomness and chaos I see some order

I see that Man is made by his choices,his choices dictated by his priorities,these priorities determined by his perspective,and all men have roles to play in this large stage called the world,position irrespective

I see our lives as they are: stories in the making,the paths we've taken leading us to not-so-expected ends,still we try 2 make our stories the best we can,seek to fit within the plan,find a place in the pattern where we'll blend

I see that there's a God out there,who understands his creations cos he made'em,and when they fall short he doesn't replace'em,nah,if they come back he's ready 2 embrace'em,and all their past sins he'll erase'em,although they don't deserve it he'll grace'em,with favour so out-of-this world it's amazing,yet like amnesiacs we the creations forget 2 praise him,

I see that just cos stuff's done in a way doesn't mean that way's right,we'd all be stars if we could overcome our stage fright,free our spirits and let'em take flight,watch in amazement as they soar to great heights.

I see the truth as it is: so beautiful it's ugly,like Medusa,I get stoned so the truth don't bug me,cos the problem with the truth is that it shows you the problems,but gives you no clues on how to solve 'em, I long for those days of innocence,when I believed everything and knew nothing,before I knew that this world was rotten,when I detected nothing amiss,I miss those days of childhood,ignorance is bliss.

NEXT!
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Cristalz(f): 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2009
Interesting thread.
Will come back when I'm done getting my fill of the soft rock/semi-hard rock music blaring in my ears at the moment.

A thought:
Rock music and rap music. . .so different, yet so very similar.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by candidlily(f): 6:58am On Nov 27, 2009
@ravenzod, sweet cadence in that last post!
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by frank317: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2009
@ravenzod
you've just made my day. love that write up
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 12:39am On Dec 05, 2009
;d
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2009
you guys should keep dis up, just read the first page n am like where have i been? don,t let this thread die! i will contribute, i promise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bode Asiyanbi Wins BBC Play-Writing Award / Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. / DEFILED - A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.