Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married (5039 Views)

Convo Between A Female And Her Male Bestie Who Wants HIT And Run / Couple Get Married Two Months After Meeting Each Other. See Photos / 15 Facts About Female And Male Masturbation (adults Only Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by BeastOfNoNation(f): 12:10am On May 23, 2016
free2ryhme:

Does he knows his left from right?. I am not insulting him he reasons vaguely

I'm pretty sure he knows his left from right. undecided must you insult people because they don't follow your way of life. Marriage is not for everybody
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by free2ryhme: 12:12am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

For a christian you really like insulting people wink. You too will stand before God on the day of judgement so relax small. I'm not possessed smiley

I spell it the way it is. No insult

You don't need to be possessed. Even the mother of jesus will not open a thread of this nature.

If I had told you what you wanna hear then I would be singing your praise. That is not how I roll.
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by free2ryhme: 12:13am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

I'm pretty sure he knows his left from right. undecided must you insult people because they don't follow your way of life. Marriage is not for everybody

Do a sampling and find out what 23 year olds do and how they reason. You will be shocked
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by free2ryhme: 12:16am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

What is your indices in determining marriage is not for everybody?

You speak for yourself alone. Your position is just to find out if your kind exist on nairaland. Guess what? OYO
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by BeastOfNoNation(f): 12:16am On May 23, 2016
free2ryhme:

I spell it the way it is. No insult

You don't need to be possessed. Even the mother of jesus will not open a thread of this nature.

If I had told you what you wanna hear then I would be singing your praise. That is not how I roll.

But as righteous as you are, you opened the thread. Did I ask you to sing my praises or just answer my question? Me too, I won't tell you what you want to hear. I will tell you how I feel. I think you're a hypocrite to call yourself a christian and then insult people under the guise of "I spell it as it is".
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by BeastOfNoNation(f): 12:19am On May 23, 2016
free2ryhme:

What is your indices in determining marriage is not for everybody?

You speak for yourself alone. Your position is just to find out if your kind exist on nairaland. Guess what? OYO

The fact that multiple people on this thread said that marriage isn't for them proves that marriage isn't for everybody. The fact that I, by myself, say that marriage isn't for me shows that marriage is not for everybody. I learned from Miggs that there is an identical thread like mine. And I have just found out that there is a word for it . It's called gamophobia.

1 Like

Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by bimbod(m): 12:20am On May 23, 2016
tripplephi:
Wow am impressed with your open mindedness. I wish more ladies are like you.

nah, I don't wish so
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by BeastOfNoNation(f): 12:20am On May 23, 2016
bimbod:

nah, I don't wish so

Why don't you wish so? cry
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by free2ryhme: 12:21am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

But as righteous as you are, you opened the thread. Did I ask you to sing my praises or just answer my question? Me too, I won't tell you what you want to hear. I will tell you how I feel. I think you're a hypocrite to call yourself a christian and then insult people under the guise of "I spell it as it is".

I never started out by saying I am a Christian. You took my signature conclude am a Christian and labelled me hypocrite. You are the hypocrite reasons that you trying to gather opinions for your falsehood.

The aspect where I used the word demon was in a literally context
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by bimbod(m): 12:38am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

Why don't you wish so? cry

lol,... you can't just do ur own thing when in marriage. I prefer the conventional wife
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by BeastOfNoNation(f): 12:47am On May 23, 2016
bimbod:

lol,... you can't just do ur own thing when in marriage. I prefer the conventional wife

Okay that's nice. I hope you find a wonderful wife and have a happy married life smiley or if you have one, good luck to you!
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by free2ryhme: 12:53am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

The fact that multiple people on this thread said that marriage isn't for them proves that marriage isn't for everybody. The fact that I, by myself, say that marriage isn't for me shows that marriage is not for everybody. I learned from Miggs that there is an identical thread like mine. And I have just found out that there is a word for it . It's called gamophobia.

Woman, go to bed it is late already. You can continue your quest for futility when it's daytime.

So you know ask yourself what did your mum and dad saw in each other that made them to brace the odds and see beyond their difference despite the environmental, psychological and economical situation that they decide to marry and birth you?

It is chain break it and it breaks you

I stop here to continue no more
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by bimbod(m): 1:07am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

Okay that's nice. I hope you find a wonderful wife and have a happy married life smiley or if you have one, good luck to you!

Thanks, tho i dnt have one yet... I like d fact that your idea of marriage is different, I like people with contradicting ideas. Just dat I prefer my own idea of marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by BeastOfNoNation(f): 2:47am On May 23, 2016
bimbod:

Thanks, tho i dnt have one yet... I like d fact that your idea of marriage is different, I like people with contradicting ideas. Just dat I prefer my own idea of marriage.

I also appreciate who are also open to hearing other people's ideas. It's very refreshing.
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by Nobody: 5:48am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

I don't understand what you mean
Marriage is just a part of life and with the right person it can be lots of fun. Used to feel the same way until my big sis got married and she made me realize how you can be really happy in it. When you look for a perfect life and forget that perfection is death then you miss out on all the good things.
Marriage isn't bliss, life itself isn't. I'm not married but I hope to and I plan to enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by ThreeGEEKS(m): 8:38am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

In today's world there's a word or term for everything. You don't want to get married or the fear of getting married "gamophobia".
If you read your Bible, there's a part it says do not be afraid. Sorry I can't quote any verse but it is there, now do you know that the family is the foundation of the church and God Instituted marriage as a means for the procreation of man and growth of the church.
Now do you know why the family is under so much attack these days, because the devil doesn't want the continues growth of the church, so he continues to derail people by putting this fear of marriage in them and breaking the ones who are in it already.
So my advice to you is this, in everything you do in this life do not be afraid
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by andreernest28(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2016
Go Bleep yourself
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by ThreeGEEKS(m): 8:45am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

In today's world there's a word or term for everything. You don't want to get married or the fear of getting married "gamophobia".
If you read your Bible, there are several parts it says do not be afraid. Sorry I can't quote any verse but it is there, now do you know that the family is the foundation of the church and God Instituted marriage as a means for the procreation of man and growth of the church.
Now do you know why the family is under so much attack these days, because the devil doesn't want the continues growth of the church, so he continues to derail people by putting this fear of marriage in them and breaking the ones who are in it already.
I will assume that you went to Uni and graduated, did the fear of not succeeding stop you, I guess not.
You want a job but the country's economy is very bad and people are even loosing their jobs, did that stop you from applying, I guess not.
So why should marriage be any different?
You maybe wondering why I'm taking my time to tell you all this, well that's because I have been there, there was a time in my life I felt I will not find love so why bother looking for it. Turns out I eventually did and it changed my life. She is not perfect but neither am I, and I hope one day you too will find your knight in shining armor to make you believe that marriage is something worth fighting for.

Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by firstking01(m): 9:00am On May 23, 2016
My sister, i didn't see any convincing reasons why you dnt want to marry...that marriage didn't work for others doesn't mean it won't work for youundecided...

Pls take note of this...
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by Nobody: 9:51am On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

Sorry it was long cheesy I made some parts bold so that people can read the basic idea. I hope it did not burst your brain

Lol.. I didn't... Morning aunty..... grin

Do a rethink... Show me 2 failed marriages... N I'll show you 8 blissful ones....
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by alobright17(m): 10:42am On May 23, 2016
you're a female U don't want to get married good,Let's start making babies at least 2 will be ok.I hope you'll not want to move in with me later on?
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by kateskitty(f): 12:21pm On May 23, 2016
ThreeGEEKS:

If you read your Bible, there are several parts it says do not be afraid. Sorry I can't quote any verse but it is there, now do you know that the family is the foundation of the church and God Instituted marriage as a means for the procreation of man and growth of the church.
I will assume that you went to Uni and graduated, did the fear of not succeeding stop you, I guess not.
You want a job but the country's economy is very bad and people are even loosing their jobs, did that stop you from applying, I guess not.
So why should marriage be any different?
You maybe wondering why I'm taking my time to tell you all this, well that's because I have been there, there was a time in my life I felt I will not find love so why bother looking for it. Turns out I eventually did and it changed my life. She is not perfect but neither am I, and I hope one day you too will find your knight in shining armor to make you believe that marriage is something worth fighting for.
You kinda made sense...
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:
Hello Nairalanders!! cheesy

Recently, I realized that the idea of marriage doesn't excite me AT ALL.
This realization came about when I was talking to my older cousin who's sister just recently got engaged. I was very happy to hear the news and we were all celebrating for her and wishing her good things. So while I was hugging her, she looked at me and said "Ejirooo! Very soon we'll be celebrating your own engagement ooo!" So we started laughing and she went to talk to the other cousins and aunties. It now occured to me that she was right. One day I will kuku marry. And the thought of that seriously scares me.

You see, I've had relationships before and I've met some of the nicest Naija guys on the face of the planet BUT I've never imagined myself being married to any of them. I've never even experienced real attraction to any of them undecided

Ironically, I've imagined myself being a mother (I'm very nurturing and maternal by nature) and I think it's part of the problem. I would like to adopt children in the future and I haven't met any Nigerian guy who is okay with that idea. Please let me clarify, I WANT TO HAVE MY OWN CHILDREN but I also want to adopt some so that I can give them a better life. I know that being a single mother carries a stigma in Nigerian society but I like the idea of it personally. Lots of fathers are not even directly involved in the rearing of their child anyway.

My second issue with marriage is the multiple problems that can arise. Domestic abuse, Infidelity, Divorce, etc. It seems like everyday one person is having issues with their marriage and it's making me believe that this marriage thing isn't worth the pain. I don't like wahala in my life. I'm also afraid of those guys that control their women's lives and dominate in every aspect. I understand a male being masculine but I don't want to be regarded as a lesser human being to him. It seems like some guys can't differentiate between a wife and a slave undecided

My third issue is that I just don't really understand the need for marriage
. I'm pretty self dependent and I can't imagine living with a man let alone marrying one and taking care of him for the rest of my life. While dating, me and my ex just did our own thing. We both had jobs so I didn't need money (plus I have a father if I really need anything wink ). Marriage title won't add any benefit to my life so what is the use? When I used to go to my last church, the Pastor will be shaking and shouting and praying that the women in church will find husband. The women will now be jumping and fainting and rolling on the ground. I used to stand there and just look at them because I didn't understand. Is It because of Mrs. title or diamond wedding ring? Monogamous marriage doesn't even seem to work in Africa from what I've seen undecided

I'm definitely going to marry just so that my mother will not shout but it will have to be somebody that does his own thing and isn't looking for the conventional wife. It just seems very inconvenient though.

So my questions are:

1) What is the actual use of Marriage?

2) Do any other females feel this way? (I specifically ask females because I have met males who feel this way but if you are male you can answer too lipsrsealed )

3) Is marriage for everybody? undecided

Please respond! grin grin thank you!

Marriage is not for everybody. If you are ok the way u are, don't let societal pressure make you do what you are not ready/dont want to do. That you don't feel like getting married is most likely a sign that you are not ready. If in future you change your mind, then fine.
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by Omonigeriarere: 4:17pm On May 23, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

That's my fear actually. I was even thinking I will marry just so my children aren't born out of wedlock and then divorce later. undecided

If not because of the fear that envelopes your name, I would have loved to sign a contract with you on this: it is interesting to know that opposite sex id having this feeling too sometimes.
Re: I Am Female And I Don't Want To Get Married by Pyroxene: 9:55pm On May 24, 2016
BeastOfNoNation:

I like that perspective. smiley I particular like the point of my life in old age. I've never really looked that far. I guess, in a way, I do want companionship but I just haven't met anyone yet smiley Marriage is not really my cup of tea though so I guess that's where the problem lies
will u like to go to old peoples homes when u are old? A lot of companionship there........ Have u seen a beautiful marriage? Do u like d marriage status of ur parents @ d moment? What really scares you? Cos u are not alone. A lot of people feel same way

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ How Do I Collect My ₦22,000 From This Girl. / Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.