Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Is Salary Of 20k OK? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Salary Of 20k OK? (28686 Views)

. / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Olorunjuwon(m): 9:25pm On May 27, 2016
Pls ooooo... I also need help oo, my dream is to work in NSCDC or FRSC music band, I graduated with 2:1 in music, but many people advised me to get slot if i really want to join, but i know nobody that can give me slot.... help your boy ooo... 08132425527.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Engineermbugame(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2016
Hmm,20k for graduate?.wen i got a contract(plumbing installation) i work for 3days for 20k.

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Gerrard59(m): 9:38pm On May 27, 2016
khaz:
Thanks.
No offer for Graduate Assistant yet. but even if I will apply for Scholarship, I want to work first. Thanks so much.

I urge you to visit Jarushub, Joblinks, Shortlist ng. Send unsolicited mails to McKinsey, BCG or any financial services company. Don't allow it to waste.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 27, 2016
seguntijan:
Please, how can I transfer money from My Dreamland Bank Account to My Real Life Bank Account?
I have a lot of money there. Just the transfer wahala.

....ahaaa!! that one na small thin na '' wen u

wake up from ur dream land just let me know

..I'll education you no wahala.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by richybanky(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Just finished my service this year and have been able to secure a job in a private school, studied physics though, but my pay this month is 20k. I just dey think when will i be able to buy land and do many things of life?
Bro half bread is better than none tho d money is too small, u ar even lucky dat u quickly secure a place when those that served a year, 2 years ago ar still looking for job.. am also a fresh graduate and my salary is not different frm nysc allawee.. Someone just have to start frm somewhere

May God bless our hustles
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Just finished my service this year and have been able to secure a job in a private school, studied physics though, but my pay this month is 20k. I just dey think when will i be able to buy land and do many things of life?

I know how you feel about this, but don't ever give up, keep moving ahead, you'd get there. The good news is the world never runs out of good things of life. Patience, determination and focus is all we need.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by khaz(m): 10:18pm On May 27, 2016
Gerrard59:

I urge you to visit Jarushub, Joblinks, Shortlist ng. Send unsolicited mails to McKinsey, BCG or any financial services company. Don't allow it to waste.
Thanks. I m already applying to some establishments

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by diva90: 10:29pm On May 27, 2016
20k is poor. If you have no serious financial obligations such as paying house rent. Then you can manage it until you find something better. Even after deducting what you spend on transport, food and monthly self up keeps , you will see that you are not left with much. 20,000 divided by 20 days you work in a month assuming m-fri job , you make N1000 everyday. Imagine you spend 300 on transport back and forth, 100 naira on food and other unplanned expenses N200, that's N600 total. Let's say you save N400 everyday out of the 1000. Means you save about +/- N8000 every month. 8000 x 12 totals that will be taking home approx 96k per year and this probably doesn't include the tax that will be deducted if this applies

2 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:31pm On May 27, 2016
is ok... u will use part of the money for transport fair....
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by skywalker240(m): 10:36pm On May 27, 2016
and p square said bring it on......

Dave scot said no matta how u try dont u eva fall.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by jonath0012(m): 10:50pm On May 27, 2016
Some of you saying the op should take up 20k salary are crazy.
Now listen to me Op, instead of you wasting your time and energy in. That school, this is what you are going to do:
Search around for home private lesson, especially where middle class people live. It is usually easier to get one through recommendation. Since you don't have anyone to recommend you, this is what you will do:
Get a handbill advertising what you do. Go to places where you can meet parents and give them your handbill. Better still, you can use bulk SMS to advertise yourself.. Or you send letters to targeted various homes through DHL or other means, let them know the services you wanna offer, if you this within, say. 2months and you are not earning multiple salary of what they are offering you in that school, call me out here

4 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by UjSizzle(f): 10:59pm On May 27, 2016
In this economy? No. Don't try it unless your work place is just across the street from where you live.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by amdoyin82(m): 11:06pm On May 27, 2016
It is well.. Things will change saa
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Jeff14y: 11:32pm On May 27, 2016
BankManager:

20k for a graduate?That's peanut...!!
What did u finish with bro? Which uni? Are you up to 26? I could be of help..
Hello Sir, am also in same sheo...finished with 2.1 but am 27...pls help
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by missyge(f): 11:43pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Teaching 20k? Well mayb in d state whr u are o... No try dat one fr lag,,,, pls still search for better jobs will doing dat...Im begging
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by kenny1111: 1:20am On May 28, 2016
I rarely make comments, but I think I have something to say on ds. @ OP, in as much as we all knw half bread is better than just none u still need to project your self in to d future just as u have righly done b4 putin up your plight here.

let me share abit of my experience so Far, I graduated wit second class upper in Mathematics in 2010 & rounded up Nysc in mid 2013. I'v bin an ACCA student since 2011 due to my passion to be in corporate world, to be a profesional and my love 4 arithmetics. iv gt few other certificate to my Cv ranging from ICT to NIM which average nigerian corpers enrol in to during d service yr.

To cut d long story short i wrote my last ACCA F5 exams in 2013 diet, i did put a stop to it cos i realised im putin more than i can get in yrs to come and is taking a big toll on a poor guy like me.

I sat myself down and looked in to wht I think im Gud at, I found nothing other than playing a managerial role, God** yes it sounds so strange bt dts seems to be d only strenght in me, I decided to stop any form academic pursuit so as to phantom my positions very well.

A barber shop was born 2months after, did I say I was in to seling anything ranging from bra, panties, shoes...e.t.c during my universities days and even during service year. I opened d shop
4 biznes on d 31st of December 2013, in d shope i have a big shelve where i sel mainly footwears. @ OP i swear in mid 2015 I bought my first car of over half a million in mid 2015, obtained my M.sc form in late 2015 bt couldn't start due to transcript ish and will soon secure a land @ d expense of msc since I was denied dou will surely reapply later ds year. I dont do another thin apart 4rm bin d manager of d shop

the bottom line of story is dt, I had teaching as an option wen I finished service as well bt I didnt go 4 it cos I knew wht it involved, im a teacher by profesion as had B.ed in math. im sure it will exhaust me in less than 2yrs and I will b lookin so old wit no futur plans and movin on might be hard. im not discretin teaching or belittling it , do it if is you are passionate abt it or manage it while u think 2 save to start something smal or kip applying 4 jobs.

least I 4gt, till ds day I dont knw how to barb or else u want to skin your head lol, all I do is to apply wht I knw best** I manage d busines holistically* I manage more than 6 grown ass men excluding customers. I employ 2 stylists dt I pay on monthly basis and abt 4 apprehentices* in 2016 I reduced my stylist 2 just 1 as 2 of d apprentices are now skilful enough to handle clipper. I have a lil baby corporate environment I always wish 4 as a strow in 2 just d 6 to 7ceilings shop wil prove ds(lol)...friends cal me CEO sey me na an employer of labour bt d truth is I confidently apply 4 jobs online myself as my managerial signatures are already on d biznes so it gvs me ample of tym to tripple task. Ds days I hardly spend 2 to 3hrs in d shop in day as im just thinkin of diversifyin.......lol

@op, I hope my contributns are coherent wit your plight, im only tryin 2 encourage u 2 4low your heart and do wht u enjoy doing most. permits my typos as im not a gud writer bt a dy/dx guy and na phone I dey type wit sef

Note: every endeavour is challenging and aint easy bt wit prayers and determination all tins are possible.

I will try and open ds up viz-aviz d pros and cons then drop it in job section, hopefully it wil b helpful 2 some1 out dr.

hmmmmm, so I truly wrote all ds?

4 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by DeleSuper1: 1:33am On May 28, 2016
Yes it's ok for the bundesliga "to ba gora e" cry cry cry
9ja sef. 20k? undecided
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by cr80vity(m): 7:15am On May 28, 2016
seunwen2:
bro just keep calm, the Lord is in control...
you can be doin private coaching for students so you can earn extra income and also, think abt what other things u can do along wt d work like if u can get support probably from parents or any close one, u can.setup a business - employ someone there and go there every evenin wen u close....or make use of any other skills u v...for example, if u r a graphic designer, all u need is a laptop...u can design for ur fellow staffs wen ever they need it mayb for bday, burial, church prog, even flyers for the sch nd get ur pay...
just think on sth u can do along wt d job

m workin on an article - estimating ur salary nd income...if u estimate ur salary, bro itbs goin no whr...20 x 12 =240k ..240 x 3 =720k (I never comot expenses o ), how much is a room n parlour sef con for rent (dats if u want to marry into a self con), wen wil u get a car nd oda extra gadgets...nd one tin abt ds job is that it won't gv u time to look for other jobs...so just get sth to do along wt d job til God's miracle happen
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by slimstuff(m): 7:51am On May 28, 2016
bro. is not about the money is about cultivating faithfulness. if you do it as if you are just there for nothing, that is no job then you have show faithfulness. love those kids. tell your self that as long as you are there no body will fail the subject you teach. do it as if your life depends on it. every man must be tested to know the state of his heart. then one day God will make kings kneel at your calling when he has seen you righteous. my friend thought for free now he owns a school, and other things. satisfaction is of the mind. some guys earn 4 times what you earn they still complain to work and back that's why they can never move further or be happy. he that is faithful in little much will be given to him.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Ayofetee(m): 8:01am On May 28, 2016
I finished my nysc last year,i took up contract job of N25k where i served and i spent 5month wit dem b4 i got an NGO job early April dis yr. I can proudly tel u dat my current weekly pay now is almost double of my formal monthly pay.
So my broda, start litu as "Rome was not Built in a Day".Also try to be informed abt d latest job and be prayerful as well cos wit God all things r possible
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Kemmia(f): 8:50am On May 28, 2016
jonath0012:
Some of you saying the op should take up 20k salary are crazy.
Now listen to me Op, instead of you wasting your time and energy in. That school, this is what you are going to do:
Search around for home private lesson, especially where middle class people live. It is usually easier to get one through recommendation. Since you don't have anyone to recommend you, this is what you will do:
Get a handbill advertising what you do. Go to places where you can meet parents and give them your handbill. Better still, you can use bulk SMS to advertise yourself.. Or you send letters to targeted various homes through DHL or other means, let them know the services you wanna offer, if you this within, say. 2months and you are not earning multiple salary of what they areoffering you in school, call me out here
Bobo, your opinion is only needed, you are not in the right position to call other crazy or criticize others, moreover it is easier said than done , do you know what it takes for Tutoring classes? no be money hin go use for handbill and setting up? except you want to do the handbill for him, well you can manage him and enter into a partnership with him or what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by khaz(m): 9:16am On May 28, 2016
Apelex:

Pm me
I just sent you an E-mail now. Kindly follow me back or reply .
If through phone, My phone number is :08134849578 or my Gmail : babiola897@gmail. com
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by KaBabs1: 11:17am On May 28, 2016
jboy73:
Op don't give up... I'm just 20years old.
And I make your salary in a day.

Bruv, if you don't mind.. can we have a private discussion about this?

thanks
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 28, 2016
KaBabs1:

Bruv, if you don't mind.. can we have a private discussion about this?

thanks

Lols. Call 0807 607 8415
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 28, 2016
davit:
Just as advised, it is for a while as long as you don't give up. My first salary in Lagos as a 2.1 graduate of English was 15k years back. But today I live in my own house with 2 SUVs. Married with kids. I pray God blesses your hustle bro.
For how long were you working with the company that payed you 15k as your first salary ?
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by davit: 4:30pm On May 28, 2016
franciskaine:
Sir, what's the secret cos I want to be like you. Just finished nysc.

Bro, the secret is all about knowing yourself, your potentials and being able to follow your dreams notwithstanding the challenges that lie ahead. I mean being focused. Above all, ask God to bless your hustle. Yet to get there anyways. But I can look back and thank God today.

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by davit: 4:31pm On May 28, 2016
wc:
For how long were you working with the company that payed you 15k as your first salary ?
I was with the company for less than 6 months. It even got to a time that the coy was unable to pay staff. And that was when I left.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by davit: 4:34pm On May 28, 2016
Cutehector:
oga 15k fifteen years bak was big money na... ah mean 2001 and 2016 ain't just the same

We talking things are pretty much expensive now..

The years I referred to not that long. It was in 2009. Just 7 years ago.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 12:05am On May 29, 2016
davit:

Bro, the secret is all about knowing yourself, your potentials and being able to follow your dreams notwithstanding the challenges that lie ahead. I mean being focused. Above all, ask God to bless your hustle. Yet to get there anyways. But I can look back and thank God today.
Okay, thanks plenty!
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by khaz(m): 8:47am On May 29, 2016
Apelex:

Pm me
GOOD DAY SIR.
I JUST SENT YOU A PM NOW.
I CHANGED MY EMAIL ACCOUNT.
OR YOU CAN CONTACT ME THROUGH MY PHONE NUMBER: 08134849578
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 11:24am On May 30, 2016
teacherbim:
Waoh! I just joined nairalander
Welcome to nairaland. I'm sheyi,can I meet you?
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Arnoldo(m): 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
mhizveepel:
hmmm
Hello my love what are u doing here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Pays 81 Months Pension Arrears / Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job / What Professional Skill Will Be In HOT DEMAND 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.