Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) (3713 Views)

Usman Bugaje: "Nigeria's Oil Belongs To The North" (2014) / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / Usman Bugaje Rejects Ambassadorial Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Sunnynwa: 7:32pm On May 27, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4c9-Yf0-k

One of the lead speakers at the Northern Leaders’ Conference, Usman Bugaje, has raised a controversial issue on the ownership of Nigeria’s crude oil domiciled majorly in the Niger Delta region.

According to him, it is wrong for any state to claim that it is oil producing because 72% of the total land mass in the country belonged to the North and that by the United Nation’s law; it is only the North that actually has the right to claim ownership.

Dr. Bugaje, in his presentation, insisted that “there are no oil producing states.” He argued that “the only oil producing state is the Nigerian state itself.”

He explained, “Whatever mileage you get in the sea, according to the United Nations Law of the sea, is a measure of the land mass that you have; that is what gives you the mileage into the sea…and the land mass of this country, that gives that long 200 nautical miles or more into the ocean, is because of that 72% of the land mass of this country, which is the North.”

To buttress his argument, Dr. Bugaje also said, “The investment came from the Nigerian state and the territory belongs to the Nigerian state.”

He further maintained, “What they claim is the off shore oil is actually the oil of the North” contending that “we should stop using these terms that have no sense at all. There are no oil producing states.”

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/03/11/bugaje-says-nigerias-crude-oil-belongs-to-the-north/
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by thesicilian: 7:52pm On May 27, 2016
He's high on cow dung.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by kianeli: 8:04pm On May 27, 2016
that man is lost in sambisa forest.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Luckylife(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2016
Many are made but few are displaying it . Even Buhari will not believe him .

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by hucienda: 8:14pm On May 27, 2016
It's this type of inciting comments that would easily make a neutral sympathetic to the Avengers cause...

These guys just dunno how to talk.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Sunnynwa: 8:15pm On May 27, 2016
Luckylife:
Many are made but few are displaying it . Even Buhari will not believe him .

Unfortunately , Buhari believes him.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by luvinhubby(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Unfortunately , Buhari believes him.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Sunnynwa: 8:17pm On May 27, 2016
hucienda:
It's this type of incitive comments that would easily make a neutral sympathetic to the Avengers cause...

These guys just dunno how to talk.

Bayelsa's oil belongs to Jigawa;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6GGPu286U
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Godstraight(m): 8:21pm On May 27, 2016
these dullards should not talk like this,especially when the avengers are currently destroying Nigeria,and to say that oil belongs to the north,someone must have shat at his meal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by kianeli: 8:22pm On May 27, 2016
oga i beg no be groundnut oil we dey talk of na... crude oil.---That one wey dey inside ground for NIGER DELTA u hear?.

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Nusaf: 8:25pm On May 27, 2016
thesicilian:
He's high on cow dung.
He has analytically made his point and what I expect from u is to prove him wrong with ur own analysis so that others like me can learn.
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by thesicilian: 8:33pm On May 27, 2016
Nusaf:

He has analytically made his point and what I expect from u is to prove him wrong with ur own analysis so that others like me can learn.
I watched the video. He was talking rubbish through out and didn't make any point worth spending time and energy to disprove.

Modified: He and everyone who agrees with him are high on cow dung.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by sweetgala(m): 8:36pm On May 27, 2016
The tittle of the post is very misleading and does not address the facts therein stated by the Dr. Truely any offshore facilities into the high seas claimed by the Nigerian state is defended by its landmass. Given that said landmass of the Nigerian state is largely 72% contributed by the said “northern” non oil producing states.

Therefore as concluded by the Dr there are no oil producing states as concerns nautical explorations. FG is the only oil producing entity. This would apply to Lagos, Osun , Ogun and The Chad basin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Olabestonic001(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2016
Nusaf:

NDA is actually clarifying the facts.
Just bcoz they packed soldiers to Niger-Delta was the advantages the North have been enjoying.
I think Niger-Delta have come of age and hence the arms they've taken against Lugard's cooperation. Because folks like you will exist in Nigeria, I hereby denounce my citizenship bcoz cretins like you can't continue to share countries with me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Blackfire(m): 9:01pm On May 27, 2016
I agree with this bugaje man the North owns the oil in Nigeria.

The north is playing there cards meticulously, what is the south doing ? Confused and divided as usual.

The Islamic jihadist are claiming caliphate in Nigeria, the Northern senators are silently pushing shariah law to prominence in Nigeria,the al majiris are claiming our streets in Nigeria,the fulani herdsmen are claiming territories in your villages... Yes u are right Nigeria belongs to the north.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by chigoizie7(m): 9:03pm On May 27, 2016
Unfortunately, that is what all of them believes, and with such perception and them being in power now, expect nothing to go to ND because dey believe the oil is theirs.
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by bigboss80s(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2016
This piglet needs to shut his hole!

Bugaje if u want the oil....come and take it!

When will these Abokees learn to shut up and stay in their place

So he really thinks this is the perfect time to make such an inflammatory statement. Well it's not even inflammatory. He is just a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by payosehtor(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2016
NigerIa is NORTH & NORTH IS NigerIa while all human inhabitant within the 6 geopolitical regions are NIGER IANS OK. If there is anything that does nt belong to Us, it should be taken out in 7 days. otherwise......
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Integrityfarms(m): 9:19pm On May 27, 2016
If words like this could be said by a northern so called elite, then the disintegration of this contraption is long over due!
If the Northerners really found this oil in their backyard, I bet you there will be nothing like ONE NIGERIA

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by RandomVic(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2016
Senseless misguided utterances from a so called Northern elite. Is this what they in the north actually believe? What absurdity!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:20pm On May 27, 2016
Nasarawa state has the largest mineral deposit in Nigeria,but still maintain its status as one of the poorest states. Why? Because of oil. Our over dependency on oil is killing us. How can we move forward when states can't even generate revenue enough to pay their own workers. Governors rush down to Abuja every month to collect allocations and sometimes bail out funds.
States need to start looking inward,every state has resources to bank on. And the only solution to this,lies in True Federalism where each region would have to develop at its own pace,strength and available resources. Then will our resources and true potentials be harnessed; coupled with a healthy competition among the various regions in terms of development. Secession is never the solution to Nigeria's problem but Regional rule or true federalism. Biafra should sheath their swords. Avengers should uncork their guns. The entity Nigeria would still remain,but regional rule should be adopted.
#SayNoToSecession
#YesToRegionalRule
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by naijaking1: 11:15pm On May 27, 2016
Integrityfarms:
If words like this could be said by a northern so called elite, then the disintegration of this contraption is long over due!
If the Northerners really found this oil in their backyard, I bet you there will be nothing like ONE NIGERIA

Bugaje is one of the people promoting Nigerian unity when it's so hopelessly lopsided in their favor, yet he speaks for millions of his power hungry constituents.
The oil and the whole Niger Delta was created by God to serve the Fulanis.
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Rexphobia(m): 11:41pm On May 27, 2016
This Northerners never start with us... Can you imagine how the elites reason?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by TrippleTte: 11:46pm On May 27, 2016
Nusaf:

oga aneg if u wanna learn ho nd read news paper!!!!u dnt learn from all ds kind of ppl dah er sayn shiiiiiiiiiiiiifuvk dah shiii in olamide's wrds
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by GreyLaw(m): 11:55pm On May 27, 2016
One of those people who think downside up. Always manipulating words to suit their devious purposes. I love northerners; I live with them, but some of their elites think, breathe, and talk rubbish all day.

Dr. Bugaje, a phd holder? Withdraw it immediately If his degree is not enough to teach him not to add more inciteful comments to the ones already made by his brother, the President. Sometimes, caution is what we need.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by automatix: 11:59pm On May 27, 2016
Nusaf:

I know you are a Northerner. If they born any of you well, come down south and claim the oil.

I have never supported movements by agitators but because of your comment, I am taking sides with the avengers. Let them blow up everything till Nigeria produces zero oil and let's see if you guys won't take your eyes of the oil.

In the US, owners of oil bloc own theirs when oil in found in their land passed on to generations, not like it's being done in Nigeria where the government claim ownership.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by ChimaAdeoye: 12:03am On May 28, 2016
Sunnynwa:

One of the lead speakers at the Northern Leaders’ Conference, Usman Bugaje, has raised a controversial issue on the ownership of Nigeria’s crude oil domiciled majorly in the Niger Delta region.

According to him, it is wrong for any state to claim that it is oil producing because 72% of the total land mass in the country belonged to the North and that by the United Nation’s law; it is only the North that actually has the right to claim ownership.

Dr. Bugaje, in his presentation, insisted that “there are no oil producing states.” He argued that “the only oil producing state is the Nigerian state itself.”

He explained, “Whatever mileage you get in the sea, according to the United Nations Law of the sea, is a measure of the land mass that you have; that is what gives you the mileage into the sea…and the land mass of this country, that gives that long 200 nautical miles or more into the ocean, is because of that 72% of the land mass of this country, which is the North.”

To buttress his argument, Dr. Bugaje also said, “The investment came from the Nigerian state and the territory belongs to the Nigerian state.”

He further maintained, “What they claim is the off shore oil is actually the oil of the North” contending that “we should stop using these terms that have no sense at all. There are no oil producing states.”

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/03/11/bugaje-says-nigerias-crude-oil-belongs-to-the-north/

abooki,
go and collect the oil nah... grin

You own your cow, it doesn't belong to any southerner,
you own your groundnuts, it doesn't belong to any southerner
you own your solid minerals, it doesn't belong to any southerner
you own your land, it doesn't belong to any southerner

....but other peoples land and oil belong to you.

Only a fulani man can reason like that.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by cr7lomo: 1:23am On May 28, 2016
Nigeria is a country in slumber...when we finally wake up from this slumber, we will then realize its time to split
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by brayan(m): 2:07am On May 28, 2016
This is why its best he sticks to rearing cows and quit trying to sound intellectual
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by proeast(m): 4:46am On May 28, 2016
Such an !diotic fool, this is one of the reasons why the NDA does not mercy for Nigeria. The stupidity & foolhardiness of the North will be there greatest undoing, so Bonga platform & others are 200 miles offshore Since the oil belongs to you then go & take it baskard!! WE LOVE THE NDA!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by theDEVILisHERE: 4:52am On May 28, 2016
Sunnynwa:

As long as Nigeria exists
the oil belongs to BRITAIN, specifically the demonic Royal family

The idiotic black slaves from the North are only helping to do their police job for them
Re: Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North - Bugaje (video) by Firefire(m): 5:03am On May 28, 2016
Guys, Na joke d guy dey oooo, why Una come dey serious like this ? cheesy

If dem born him papa well make e come claim the oil.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Inherited $3.7 Bn, Buhari Inherited $ 30bn ; Buhari Luckier Than Me – OBJ / Nnamdi Kanu And The Igbo Downfall. / The Untold story of Yusuf's Bike Accident: Every Single Life In Nigeria Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.