Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

X-factor (Who's Watching) - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / X-factor (Who's Watching) (49899 Views)

Poll: Predict the winner of X-Factor 2009

Joe: 22% (8 votes)
Racheal: 16% (6 votes)
Jamie: 16% (6 votes)
John & Edward: 0% (0 votes)
Stacey: 13% (5 votes)
Llyod: 0% (0 votes)
Lucie: 5% (2 votes)
Danyl: 16% (6 votes)
Miss Frank: 0% (0 votes)
Olly: 8% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Tomorrow Belongs To Me- Movie, Who's Watching? / DJ Switch Wins Glo X Factor [PHOTOS] / 12-year-old Boy With Amazing Voice On Glo X Factor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (67) (Go Down)

Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2009
shocked shocked shocked

Cheryl Cole just now was hot on stage!

The costume, the choreography, the chic - fantastic. I like the song better every time I listen to it, though it didn't seem to suit Cheryl at first. It's almost a "black" song, y'know, a song the young Janet Jackson would have sung. Cheryl even seemed to copy Janet in costume/dance routine. That said, she was great, good for her.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2009
The twins are in shocked!!
Poor Rachel!!!
Poor Rikki too. He's got a great voice, he shouldn't be in the bottom two ever!!
That Stacey gets on my wick but she can sing, that's for sure.
Rachel deserves to be in the bottom this week because her voice hasn't been great live. But it should be the twins next to her, not Rikki. But I guess they don't want all Louis' acts to be out before the poor man comes back tongue grin.

Heyy, who's watching grin??
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by busybody20: 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2009
woahhhh, I m so happy rikky left! He made me richer grin cool cool (mohawkchic & Chic2Pimp know better)
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by busybody20: 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2009
I hope Racheal doesnt get to the bottom two next week! because i m afraid she will be gone

Cheryl's performance was hot!
I can't believe John and Edward are still here and Ricki's not - she shouldnt have said that, dat was very unprofessional of her  angry

Whitney dress, poor whitney. She doesnt look alright to me! undecided   , the broken dress (i was praying for her dress not to fall off stage!), the designer/make up artist has queries to answer  grin ,
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2009
It's sad but I hope Simon isn't to blame for Rachel's unpopularity; he said so many negative things about her, and sometimes the public listen to such things. Well even if she's in the bottom two next week again, she'll still out-sing and out-perform her opposition, because she's one of the few that really has star quality, the so-called "x-factor".
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by Amigoz(f): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2009
I love cheryl but not so crazy about her voice but I must say, I was impressed with her performance tonite . . . . . Go Cheryl wink kiss

Oh Whitney. Whitney, wot is wit all the falling dollars !! 4 a minute I thot i was on African Idol , Oh and her dress, I agree with Busybody , the designer has a lot to answer for . . . . . but she wowed me . I loff. kiss

Now to the contestants. . . . . My favourite for this week is Joe and Stacey kiss kiss . . . .I found the twins entertaining !! shock horror!! they made me laugh. . . wot can I say cheesy

Felt for Rachel been in the bottom two again , and wasnt expecting Rikki to be in the bottom two. . . . but fair play to Simon for keeping the stronger contender in. . . . . Rach Chin up and keep fighting. . .yous a survivor smiley
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by Fuup(m): 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2009
I missed the bottom 2 performance,
So rachael made it,good.
Keeping the twins in the competition is having a bad taste now,
they were so poor yesterday,it was shocking!!

I think Whitney is still USING!
She looked lost and took forever to process the questions Dermot O'Leary asked her.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by busybody20: 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2009
F u up:

I missed the bottom 2 performance,
So rachael made it,good.
Keeping the twins in the competition is having a bad taste now,
they were so poor yesterday,it was shocking!!

I think Whitney is still USING!
She looked lost and took forever to process the questions Dermot O'Leary asked her.
I thought i was the only one that noticed! She was so forgetful. I was hoping Dermot stopped the questions ASAP and let her go off stage b4 it got messy embarassed cry cry Poor Whitney, but her performance was alright though (thank God she didnt trip off the long gown) grin
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by TOPE20001(f): 10:24pm On Oct 18, 2009
busybody20:

I thought i was the only one that noticed! She was so forgetful. I was hoping Dermot stopped the questions ASAP and let her go off stage b4 it got messy embarassed cry cry Poor Whitney, but her performance was alright though (thank God she didnt trip off the long gown) grin

Una notice am too? shocked embarassed
Its either she is still using or drunk undecided
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by busybody20: 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
maedan:

Is it just me or is Danyl getting scarier every week? When he's hitting the bridge of a song he always opens his mouth so wide you'd think he could swallow the TV!!

Well Spotted! grin grin grin grin grin grin LOL
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^^Yes o grin. that his mouth is hard to miss, esp when he's hitting those high points and you can see right down deep into his throat cheesy.

@ Whitney Houston shocked shocked. She should learn never to perform live outside the US; the X-factor crew almost didn't have the back-up to handle all her lapses. Simon looked embarrassed, Dermont tried to tactful--- grin. In fact, the camera was not kind to her at all; and the dress!!! Let me stop here because overall the performance was ok wink.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by mystikal(m): 8:35am On Oct 19, 2009
Theres something's not quite right with Rach. She's fabulous - I yelped a 'yes' at the TV after her song 4 survival- but the songs aren't right for her at the mo. Plus someone mentioned the styling - again, it doesn't really suit her (on this occasion, i mean)as it's making her look masculine. She has the potential to be a really amazing female artist. And isnt she just 18?

I dislike those twins even more now, i lost of couple of stacks cos of them. Its a tad shameful Rikky left and they're still in this
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by snowdrops(m): 11:20am On Oct 19, 2009
"is it just me" [to use the popular cliche] or are most of the respondents on this thread females?
Dont you girls have nothing better to do than watch that sad X factor? Are your lives thar boring?
Get a live PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!!
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by busybody20: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2009
snowdrops:

"is it just me" [to use the popular cliche] or are most of the respondents on this thread females?
Dont you girls have nothing better to do than watch that sad X factor? Are your lives thar boring?
Get a live PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!!

It seems you missed your appointment at SPEC SAVERS

The following are male:
chic2pimp
Kenny_G
F u up
Mystical
Manmustwac
Tats
Sky-walker
Davidif
Cabali
MrCrackles

How come you have access to the internet? Is your carer on leave?

Abeg make una help me pray for snowdrops make he get moni buy TV grin grin grin
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by saraj(f): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2009
Whitney Houston might not be still
using but all those yrs of coke would
probably cause permanent damage I
can imagine.
Dermot O Leary started to look uncomfortable
after 20 seconds and seemed eager to wrap
the interview asap.
Rachel's image does not go with her voice,
I think its time for a makeover and she needs
to be more dignified.
I think that expression she puts on her face
when she dosen't get through is the same
as a toddler that dosen't get their way.
That certainly won't win her over with the
viewers.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by snowdrops(m): 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2009
Busybody20 my eyes are fine thank you very much. If you read my full post instead of only the highlighted part, i said MOST and not ALL the respondents on this thread are sad as they seem to be addicted to X factor.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by Skywalker5(m): 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2009
maedan:

It's sad but I hope Simon isn't to blame for Rachel's unpopularity; he said so many negative things about her, and sometimes the public listen to such things. Well even if she's in the bottom two next week again, she'll still out-sing and out-perform her opposition, because she's one of the few that really has star quality, the so-called "x-factor".

Rachel is talented but i dont belive she is as talented as lucy and stacey. i can rank her as 8th or 9th out of the whole 12. she cant hit the high notes as the other 2 girls but she can perform. i belive if john and edward dont go out nextweek. she will cuz let be real. she is not as good as the rest. the fact is apart from lloyds and john ,edward, who is she better than?
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by mohawkchic(f): 1:43am On Oct 20, 2009
[size=13pt]~Just finished watching Replay of the performances. . .Where do i start!! undecided

~Most Entertaining To Watch: Olly
~Best Vocal Performance of the Night: Joe
~Most Cringe Worthy Moment: The PVC Muppets
~Performances I Wasnt Overly Excited About : Jamie,Rikki,Racheal,Stacey,Miss FRANK

~I must be going tone deaf which wudnt count for much as i cant sing to save my own life  cheesy but i wasnt feeling Jamie this week. . . Danyl neither. .

~I liked Llyod's rendition of Bleeding Love. . .

~I had a fit of giggles at Maedan's dig at how wide Danyl opens his mouth. . i even made out his filling at the back of his mouth! Now thats Deep throat Peeking! cheesy

~Our Diva Whitney is so ghetto! "Know What I'm saying" cheesy. . I half expected her to trip on that dress! She felt so uncomfy w/ those straps hanging at her sides. . .i figured she's done this enuff times to not even acknowledge the straps but she kept fidgetting. . .no amount of experience prepares you for wardrobe malfunction i suppose grin
[/size]
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by mohawkchic(f): 1:55am On Oct 20, 2009
mystikal:

Theres something's not quite right with Rach. She's fabulous - I yelped a 'yes' at the TV after her song 4 survival- but the songs aren't right for her at the mo. Plus someone mentioned the styling - again, it doesn't really suit her (on this occasion, i mean)as it's making her look masculine. She has the potential to be a really amazing female artist. And isnt she just 18?

[size=13pt]~Second time lucky! I suppose Simon does see potential in her to do better w/ the right song choice but boy does She need to suck up!! Her Sulken expression is no different to my 7 yr old Lilan. . .

~She does need to lay off those Shades of lippys. . Pink,Black. . doesnt suit her at all!!

~I like the shaved sides of her head. . much better than the notty bits she had last week. . .She needs to create her own image. . right about now,she looks more like a RiRi copycat! I'd like to see her shave off the hair. . go for the buzz cut. . .
[/size]

mystikal:

I dislike those twins even more now, i lost of couple of stacks cos of them. Its a tad shameful Rikky left and they're still in this

[size=13pt] ~Me & You both!! Cant wait to see the back of them![/size]
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by mohawkchic(f): 2:08am On Oct 20, 2009
maedan:

Is it just me or is Danyl getting scarier every week? When he's hitting the bridge of a song he always opens his mouth so wide you'd think he could swallow the TV!! And Simon should quit being so mean to the other contestants. He hardly has anything nice to say and pushed Cheryl to tears with his criticism.

[size=13pt]~You've got me in stitches!! cheesy [/size]

maedan:

@mohawkchic, I'm sure you're happy with your girls (Miss Frank grin grin). They're looking more together now. Even the hairdresser got rid of her freaky weave and has a cool hair do now. They're going on strong but I'm not sure they would outlast the big ones (the girls, the over-25s). And as for the twins cheesy cheesy - I can bet you're keeping your fingers crossed they'd be out this week. And u know what, after their PVC get up last night, so am I!!!

[size=13pt]~I wasnt all "WoW" about their performance if i'm been honest! Lukewarm! They've still got my support tho. . . tongue I aint dropping them just yet!

~I'm a lil bt impressed w/ the Styling. . long way yet tho! Shaniece abs cud do w/ some tonning ASAP!
[/size]
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 4:54am On Oct 20, 2009
@mohawkchic, once again you lay it all on the line cheesy cheesy!!! Lol @ "You know what I'm saying" grin; ghetto Whitney. I never knew she was so laid back, almost "razz", like my people will say grin grin.

You're right about the pink and black lippy(though it looked like dark purple) that Rachel is using. She needs to gain some appeal; I know it sounds cliche but a long weave and some feminine makeup will make her look more appealing to the public. They know she's good but not enough are interested in keeping her in. Sorry to say, but look at Alexandra. She beat all those blonde and brunette bombshells that were her rivals to make it to the top - and it wasn't just her great voice/performance. Rachel could still keep her Rihanna style but she just needs to soften the look a bit; right now she seems so intimidating, as @mystikal implied.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by KennyG6(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2009
mohawkchic, maeden i know you girls are not danyl's biggest fans but come on give the guy some credit when due. I agree Olly's performance was by far the best of the night but what danny did was nothing short of genius, to take a song that witney has just releasedin the staes and perform it so immaculately is no mean feat. I have actually listened to the original version and the guy did very well.
While joe is a good singer, i dont think he's in the class of danny and olly and the coming weeks will prove me right.
As for Rachael, i think her time is up and she's going home next week. The twins were abject but being irish they will always get the votes from their countryfolk,.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by mystikal(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2009
I have to say, there was nothing special about Danyl's performance on Saturday, and as Maedan mentioned, the big mouth opening @ the end is a bit uncomfortable, lol. But I'm still a fan though.

Olly was great, but Jamie was ace too (disagreeing with Mohawkchic). reminds me of Kravitz, he can do the rock songs and soulful ones too.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2009
Kenny_G, Danyl is ok, I just think he's 80% cockiness, 10% charisma and 10% talent grin grin. He gets away with it because he knows how to present himself, unlike poor Rachel.

mystikal, you gat it grin about Jamie being like Kravitz, tho' he'll be a sensitive, lovable version of Mr Rock & Soul. Jamie's song on Friday sent chills down my back. He gets better by the week, at least Simon is doing something right wink.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by KennyG6(m): 2:33pm On Oct 20, 2009
maedan:

Kenny_G, Danyl is ok, I just think he's 80% cockiness, 10% charisma and 10% talent grin grin. He gets away with it because he knows how to present himself, unlike poor Rachel.

mystikal, you gat it grin about Jamie being like Kravitz, tho' he'll be a sensitive, lovable version of Mr Rock & Soul. Jamie's song on Friday sent chills down my back. He gets better by the week, at least Simon is doing something right wink.
10% talent?

American TV hosts could not contain their excitement about X Factor's Danyl Johnson as they played his stunning audition on their show.

Johnson got his own segment on NBC's Today Show, Since the clip appeared on YouTube, he has amassed an impressive 1.5million hits.
Now American station NBC is reportedly trying to land Johnson a performance on the hugely popular Today Show.
Yesterday, host Ann Curry could hardly contain her excitement as she said: 'His students must be going crazy.

More than 11 million viewers tuned in to watch the show - with Johnson already tipped as one of the favourites to win.
A source close to the star said: ‘The Today Show contacted him because they saw his audition and think he’s a real star. They want him on this week – and he thinks it's an amazing opportunity.’
It is not clear if Mr Johnson will be able to make it over as he has a number of personal commitments this week.
Stunning first performance: The response to Danyl mirrors that of Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle
After his show-stopping performance, Cowell told him: 'Danyl, I’ve been doing this for eight, nine years, and that was single-handedly the best first audition I’ve ever heard,' said Cowell.
'When we see a performance like that, it’s the absolute perfect audition. So exciting to be sitting here on this panel,' added fellow judge Dannii Minogue.
'You’re a natural born performer and I will take you in my category right now,' Cheryl Cole told him.
'He could be one of the best contestants we've ever had,' Cowell added

hmmm but then what do the likes of Cowell, NBC know? lol

I accept u no like the guy buy 10% talent is a travesty!

Let me just warn you, if yu dont vote for him this saturday u r in BIG TROUBLE! grin
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2009
Lol, no need to threaten me cheesy. I remember the audition quite well. He couldn't sing; his voice was so-so. BUT. He slammed the song on performance level. I prefer Jamie's first audition: that was the real deal. So, as to his popularity in the US--well, as the Americans themselves would say: Big deal grin.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by ckz: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2009
I loved Whitney houston performance but heey this is what we call live shows anything can go wrong people fall, stumble, faint on stage and in her case her dress strap got loose heey things happen but the performance was great and like a profesional she kept on singing.

As for racheal she can sing but he do you think the british are going to sit down for an african to win i dont think soo. Soo ether nigirans and other africans in uk start voting or she will even leave the show before does twins do.
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by mohawkchic(f): 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2009
Kenny_G:

mohawkchic, maeden i know you girls are not danyl's biggest fans but come on give the guy some credit when due. I agree Olly's performance was by far the best of the night but what danny did was nothing short of genius, to take a song that witney has just releasedin the staes and perform it so immaculately is no mean feat. I have actually listened to the original version and the guy did very well.
While joe is a good singer, i dont think he's in the class of danny and olly and the coming weeks will prove me right.
As for Rachael, i think her time is up and she's going home next week. The twins  were abject but being irish they will always get the votes from their countryfolk,.

[size=13pt] ~Are you kidding me? I've been a huge fan of Danyl since his first audition. . I just wasnt crazy about his performance on Sat. is all. . .I havent heard Whitney's version. . love the words of the song tho. . .

~Me think what Joe lacks is Personality! Jamie, Danyl & Olly have an overload of that. . .which is why they are the forefront favourites. . . I'd like to think Joe needs a confident boost! He cud very well be a Dark Horse. . but its early dayz. . .the X-factor can be predictable & very unpredictable in the next breath!

~It will be a miracle if Racheal survives another week!If she ends up in the bottom two AGAIN! she's defo a goner!
[/size]
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by mohawkchic(f): 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2009
maedan:

@mohawkchic, once again you lay it all on the line cheesy cheesy!!! Lol @ "You know what I'm saying" grin; ghetto Whitney. I never knew she was so laid back, almost "razz", like my people will say grin grin.

You're right about the pink and black lippy(though it looked like dark purple) that Rachel is using. She needs to gain some appeal; I know it sounds cliche but a long weave and some feminine makeup will make her look more appealing to the public. They know she's good but not enough are interested in keeping her in. Sorry to say, but look at Alexandra. She beat all those blonde and brunette bombshells that were her rivals to make it to the top - and it wasn't just her great voice/performance. Rachel could still keep her Rihanna style but she just needs to soften the look a bit; right now she seems so intimidating, as @mystikal implied.

[size=13pt]~ cheesy. . Her lippy cud well have been purple but whoever her makeup artist is,she havnt been doing her any favours at all!! Having said that it cud be her choice seein how she had on the pale pink lippy on the audtition process grin

~Me think she just needs her own individuality. . .she's laying the path for a possible career now. . .Having her own identity should be key me think so i'm not overly keen on the RiRi comparison. . .

~I had to laff at the "intimidating" dig. . .I got that comment a couple of times too when i had the Mohawk! tongue
[/size]
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2009
Well spoken, mohawkchic: Rachel never really had her own identity and that could be part of the problem. Rihanna made sure she was established as a star before she decided to shave her hair off!!! grin.

About Joe, not all guys can have big afros like Jamie, or big mouths like Danyl --- or even crazylegs like Olly!!! All Joe has is his voice and a cuteish persona. If only he was droolable like Lloyd, then he'll be a definite shoo-in to win cheesy cheesy wink!!
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by thameamead(f): 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
cheryl cole did not sing live, she mimed her way thr the song, i find it strange she gets £1M to judge the show, she's an average singer. i liked her dance routine but she should quit singing.

i feel for rachel she's never going to win the competition, apparrently alexandra burke had put in a word for her to rihanna's people so maybe she could be next rihanna, d british public do not seem to like her song choice. danni needs to change her song choice and her terrible make up
Re: X-factor (Who's Watching) by maedan(f): 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2009
^^^I thought I read it somewhere that she said she wasn't going to mime on the night? Though she said she wouldn't sing live either. Only Heaven knows what she meant. Her voice in the beginning was not strong, but by the chorus and the bridge, I was feeling her. She's very good. To break out solo is never easy unless u are uber sure of urself. The babe has guts. And daym! she can dance!!!! Those slitted harem pants were hot, and the hip-winding cheesy shocked grin---who would have thought?!?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (67)

BBNaija: Perri Shakes-Drayton Reacts As Tacha Fights And Insults Mike / #BBNaija: Cee-C "I Can Make N45 Million In One Week!" Nigerians React / Coming 2 America: Davido Watching His Performance In The Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.